Why don't people research things before they buy them?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5991 posts) -

I can't stand people like this. For example, if you wear Beats headphones I'm going to automatically assume you're an idiot.

How lazy can people be, not even taking 10-20 minutes to research a product before they buy it...

#2 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6201 posts) -

A fool and his/her money are soon parted..............

#3 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Too lazy or wants to follow a trend, it's their money and if they're happy then more power to them.
#4 Posted by MistressMinako (45922 posts) -
It is their money and I don't research every little thing I buy. I didn't buy them so people can buy whatever they want and I won't care about it.
#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I can't stand people like this. For example, if you wear Beats headphones I'm going to automatically assume you're an idiot.

How lazy can people be, not even taking 10-20 minutes to research a product before they buy it...

YoshiYogurt

Maybe you're just jealous you can't waste money?

I bought a Cadillac not because it's superior because it's not; just a rebadged chevy.

I bought it so everyone around me knows I have more money than the average American. Jokes aside status symbols do exist, and maybe they just felt like buying them or they're a gift?

#6 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Because it doesn't always work that way. I always check a product before going out and blindly buying something just because of the hype. But most of the time, the things people have hyped and given great reviews have turned out to be crap.
#7 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
Because a lot of people buy stuff off hearsay,nothing wrong with that for real
#8 Posted by KiIIyou (27155 posts) -
Researching is for cats.
#9 Posted by comp_atkins (32026 posts) -
no way.. then we wouldn't have gems like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw
#10 Posted by M13L13S (3819 posts) -

For most people, things that are average are good enough. We here are a different group of people than most. We care about getting the highest quality that we can afford for the most part.

#12 Posted by Cloud_Insurance (3279 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Fightingfan

I bought a Cadillac not because it's superior because it's not; just a rebadged chevy.

I bought it so everyone around me knows I have more money than the average American. Jokes aside status symbols do exist, and maybe they just felt like buying them or they're a gift?

Beats aren't a status symbol and neither are Cadillacs , this isn't the 1950s

#13 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
People can buy what they want. Why does it bother you so much??
#14 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Researching is for cats.KiIIyou
So do dogs not do their research?
#15 Posted by IvanElk (3798 posts) -
I agree with buying stuff for the name Beats is not one of them. Anything past necessities it is entirely up to the consumer if they want to spend money to be show-y or practical. That's what it comes down to. Not research.
#16 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Cloud_Insurance

Among teens they are.
#17 Posted by KiIIyou (27155 posts) -
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Researching is for cats.meconate
So do dogs not do their research?

They just pee on everything.
#18 Posted by Star67 (3458 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Cloud_Insurance

A $50,000 car is a status symbol. You can't afford that working at Dairy Queen.

Oh and a Cadi drives much better than a chevy :cool:

#19 Posted by Cloud_Insurance (3279 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cloud_Insurance"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Star67

you can lease it or just choose to live in a real crap apartment.

a 50k car isn't enough to indicate status anymore.

#20 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Star67"]

Cloud_Insurance

Yeah because everyone in America drives 50k+ cars in this economy.
#21 Posted by thegerg (16051 posts) -
"I'm going to automatically assume you're an idiot" Quite ironic that you make this statement while trying to badmouth others who don't do their research.
#22 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Cloud_Insurance

Can YOU afford a 60,000 Cadillac Escalade? Not sure what world you live in but a cadillac is a very good symbol when it comes to who has some money. Beats ehhhhh not so much.

#23 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -
It all depends on what I am buying on what kind of research I do. If certain consumer products, I go to Consumer Reports. If it is something like shoes or rather work boots, I ask coworkers about what they wear. I don't buy something just because of a name, I buy due to reputation and how utile it is.
#24 Posted by thegerg (16051 posts) -

[QUOTE="Star67"]

Cloud_Insurance

That depends on where you are and with whom you associate.
#25 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -

[QUOTE="Star67"]

Cloud_Insurance

This post makes no sense at all. You really need to think before you post dude.
#26 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

I guess I haven't done my research but what is wrong with Beats? They have pretty cool colo schemes and the sound quality is above average. They are a bit over priced but you do get a lot of different options when it comes to customization.

#27 Posted by gamerguru100 (11293 posts) -
Researching is for cats.KiIIyou
Why is the cat in your avatar have two different colored eyes? It's an alien kitteh! :o
#28 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5991 posts) -

I guess I haven't done my research but what is wrong with Beats? They have pretty cool colo schemes and the sound quality is above average. They are a bit over priced but you do get a lot of different options when it comes to customization.

Yusuke420
The sound like crap and cost $200-400. You can get amazing Headphones for $150-250
#29 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -
They are lazy and simply not smart with money.
#30 Posted by TAMKFan (32978 posts) -

Considering how I don't like to spend money, I usually research on things before buying them.

#31 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

I could care less about what other people choose to waste their money on.

#32 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -
what really annoys me is these people get in debt and then moan about why they're in debt.
#33 Posted by dave123321 (34368 posts) -
It is their money and I don't research every little thing I buy. I didn't buy them so people can buy whatever they want and I won't care about it.MistressMinako
#34 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

I always research before buying things.

#35 Posted by dave123321 (34368 posts) -
Annoys me more when people find the need to constantly complain about what people buy.
#36 Posted by Diablo-B (4053 posts) -

YoshiYogurt
Your example is flawed, I did extensive research on headphones, decided on getting a pair of grado headphones since it was highest rated, but when I tested them out in person the Beats had a warmer sound and stronger bass then the grado when you didn't use a high priced amp.
#37 Posted by Floridaman46 (259 posts) -

I am NOT one of these people. I always search Opinions-Reviews on just about everything I buy. Food no. Just last night I went to Wal-mart.com to look up Wiper blade reviews.

#38 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -

I am NOT one of these people. I always search Opinions-Reviews on just about everything I buy. Food no. Just last night I went to Wal-mart.com to look up Wiper blade reviews.

Floridaman46
And your not in debt?
#39 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

YoshiYogurt
The sound like crap and cost $200-400. You can get amazing Headphones for $150-250

Wanna know something? Monoprice 8230's($7) sound better than the Beats Solo's HD:P Get some Beyer Custom One Pro's..
#40 Posted by KiIIyou (27155 posts) -
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Researching is for cats.gamerguru100
Why is the cat in your avatar have two different colored eyes? It's an alien kitteh! :o

No, silly. Think that was just the sun.
#41 Posted by NVIDIATI (7854 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Diablo-B

Your example is flawed, I did extensive research on headphones, decided on getting a pair of grado headphones since it was highest rated, but when I tested them out in person the Beats had a warmer sound and stronger bass then the grado when you didn't use a high priced amp.

Grado headphones have never been about warm sound and / or bass...

#42 Posted by konvikt_17 (22368 posts) -

why the fuck would you care what other people spend there money on?

you didnt spend your own money, how does it impact you at all?

#43 Posted by staindcoldlp (15121 posts) -

Because where's the fun in research?

#44 Posted by seahorse123 (1237 posts) -
It is important because we have to listen to them moaning.
#45 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
Honestly most things I buy I research to some extent even makeup and body products. I let my mom buy me a $5 pair of headphones that were on clearance at a store for Christmas and have no complaints about them, they were FIVE BUCKS including tax so I'm not complaining. Anything that's a little more expensive than that I look up before buying.
#46 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

Fightingfan

It isn't even about wasting money, when their sound is pretty meh.
#47 Posted by Riadon2 (1598 posts) -

YoshiYogurt

Well, assuming that someone who wears Beats is an idiot is a pretty safe bet. I have never personally seen an intelligent Beats wearer (doesn't mean they don't exist, but they are few and far between).

#48 Posted by Killzonage (397 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

dramaybaz

It isn't even about wasting money, when their sound is pretty meh.

TCs post does oooz jealous. People can buy what the hell they want.
#49 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]

NVIDIATI

Grado headphones have never been about warm sound and / or bass...

Diablo-B..:roll: Not everything is about bass. If you wanted strong bass you should've looked into the Beyer Custom One Pro.