Why don't hipsters and SJWs speak out against human rights abuses in African and Asian countries?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By samanthademeste

Poll Why don't hipsters and SJWs speak out against human rights abuses in African and Asian countries? (23 votes)

Because they think that would be racist 9%
Because it is not an issue they are interested in 22%
Because they only care about first world problems 48%
Because they don't really care about human rights, only about power and control 52%
Because they are wishy-washy, politically correct douche-bags 35%
other 9%

It's funny how they claim to care so much about freedom, equality, democracy, human rights, etc. yet many African and Asian countries lack those things. I guess it's because they think it would be racist. (multiple choices are allowed.)

• 
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

We're responsible for what happens here, not somewhere else.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Because those are actual problems that can't be solved with a hashtag

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@lostrib said:

That is true. That pretty much sums up everything wrong with hipsters and SJWs.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Because that would require actual work. Easier to just get offended over trivial crap and make tweets.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

First world problems.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts

the premise of this poll is flawed in that you're assuming off the bat that none of them do.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Because there's NOTHING we can do for them. Nothing what so ever no matter how hard we try. Africa for instance will be a corrupt shit hole for the rest of time. Any attempts to help is a waste of time and money.

There's plenty that can be done to help developing nations in Africa. The problem that they face everyday though is Muslim terror groups which the Obama administration classifies as "a bunch of swell folks."

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I checked all the boxes except "other".

I can't speak for the rest of the Western world, but here in the United States, many of these so-called "feminists" or "social justice warriors" are just anthropomorphized first world problems that breathe and have a pulse, which is weird since they appear to lack hearts. They insist that American women are oppressed and men are all rapists and are "imperfect women", which is seriously a disgusting thought to have considering how well American women have it compared to women abroad who actually suffer under oppressive systems. They have little to no rights and are considered property in many third world and religious conservative countries. American women are oppressed, my hairy white ass.

If any actually oppressed women encountered some white American Tumblr "feminist" ranting about oversized boobs in video games and the nonexistent oppressive patriarchy in the US and how women here are "oppressed", I can only imagine how terrible the woman would feel, and she would be totally justified in slapping her stupid fucking hipster glasses off and stomping on them. Although I think a Falcon Punch to the face would be a better punishment.

On the thought about SJWs thinking it's "racist" to criticize backwater countries' treatment of women, that's almost as reprehensible as thinking American women are oppressed. It's not anywhere near racist or ethnocentric to think that other countries are shitty for aborting females before birth (just because they're female), denying women the right to vote, denying them to have a career, and denying them independence. In fact, it's very reasonable to think these countries are several centuries in the past regarding women's rights and that they have flawed cultures and political systems that refuse to empower women. They're shitty countries with a lot of shitty men who either accept the status quo or they actually partake in abuses against women. If that's racist, then go ahead and just shoot me in the fucking head. Anita Sarkeesian and her army of shitheads are a waste of space and oxygen.

/another rant about American "feminists" and "SJWs"

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

I can guess but I'm gonna guess that it has something to do with hipsters being dumb.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Because SJWs are too busy trying to spin everything to fit their world view, and hipsters are just dumb.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Because that's the slacker mentality, sitting there and complaining with the hope that someone else will solve the world's problems.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Armchair activism is the best. You can feel self important, change trivial things that does not help humanity as a whole, and not get off the couch!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term SJW.

Like, who are we even talking about here.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I don't understand how hipsters are involved in all this but sjws are annoying and hypocritical.

That said...

Sjws complain about domestic issues, "why don't you think about women's rights in the Middle East?"

Sjws complain about foreign issues, "why don't you focus on your own problems!"

My opinion: there's so much you can do when it comes to solving another country's problem but at least domestically they have a voice and their rights, even if it is bullshit.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@lostrib said:

This

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Im sure many of them do. Some of these are incredibly complex global issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I can't take anyone seriously who uses the term SJW.

Like, who are we even talking about here.

THIS

I tune out as soon as I hear the term "SJW". Poisons the well right from the start.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

I think hipsters and SJWs should be forcibly drafted into the Peshmerga. That'll solve two problems at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

To be frank, SJWs seems like over protected people who has no idea how the World really looks or is outside the overly safe bubble they have been raised in. I doubt anyone would make as stupid or shitty claims as those people had they seen how poor, unfair, racist and bigoted countries are.

Or how Little a human life really is worth.

So spoiled brats who Things they have the answer to all the problems in the World, while still sitting and looking at the shadows of Platos wall. A symptom of an overly correct and hysterical society that has too few problems left for them.

So I am not sure that many of them know how the World operates outside of those relaltively sheltered societies they inhabit, and they certainly don't seem to want to lead with an example and help worse off nations themselves. An SJW that goes to a wartorn country to start a school, I will respect, they practice what they preach. Such an SJW I would have no bad pessimistic thoughts about at all

Mostly they are just woefully ignorant bigots with less spine then a squid.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@samanthademeste said:
@lostrib said:

That is true. That pretty much sums up everything wrong with hipsters and SJWs.

QFT on both of these.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts
Loading Video...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have no idea why. Perhaps there are enough issues going on in their home countries.

I'm no different. In the pecking order of what I care about, what happens close to home matters the most. When I mean home, I mean here where I am. Places like Baltimore seem so far away. What happens in some country I've never been to is more of an afterthought.

Maybe if I was filthy rich enough (or if I won the lottery), I can take up a cause or issue like we see with celebs. But, I'm not.