Why do so many young men

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

end up being mass murderes in the U.S? Seriously now.. let's kick away the gun debate.. and discuss something different.. The majority of mass shooting are young men.. aged between 17 and 35.. I see people complaining about guns..the type of guns. ... ect.. but nobody talks about the pattern that repeats generally over and over.. Young men, usually almost always in their 20's .. that cause rampage.

So, OT. Why do you think it is that young men are snapping so much in the U.S.. are we doing something wrong as a society towards young men... Or is it just a phase that will pass or something else? Or something else?

- discuss.

#2 Posted by XaosII (16630 posts) -

Same reason men are disproportionately incarcerated: A higher propensity for violence.

#3 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20852 posts) -
This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.
#4 Posted by WolfattheDoor34 (3278 posts) -
its because of the gay marriage in my opinion
#5 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

how come to mainlly men and hardly females though?
#6 Posted by Iszdope (10279 posts) -

I blame ponies.

#7 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6835 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

Women turn to sex ... I'm guessing.
#8 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10254 posts) -

so many? ever heard of crime to population ratio?

#9 Posted by Gamertag-TFTW (2235 posts) -

Some have mental illness... some are sadistic and suicidal.  They have a dark fantasy to go out in a blaze of anti-hero glory.  Most are on the fringe of society and obsess over previous shootings and death.  It's a rare circle to be a mass shooter/serial killer and they choose to join that list of names Judas on down.

#11 Posted by hippiesanta (9915 posts) -
because of atheism
#12 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5391 posts) -
Sexual repression.
#14 Posted by thelordofpies (585 posts) -
[QUOTE="carnfghj"]its because of the gay marriage in my opinion

lol
because of atheismhippiesanta
lol I want to make sure you guy's are joking right.?
#15 Posted by C_Glass (259 posts) -

dat angst

#16 Posted by sukraj (23193 posts) -

I blame ponies.

Iszdope

dont say that man

#17 Posted by Angie7F (1120 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

I blame ponies.

sukraj

dont say that man

I also think it is the ponies.

#18 Posted by gamerguru100 (10748 posts) -

Males are naturally more violent. Testosterone probably plays a big role. Males are the more violent and aggressive sex in any species, including humans. 

#19 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -
Because women mess with our heads man.
#20 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9969 posts) -
I blame the females. Those killers didnt get any attention from girls. Thats one major factor thats always over looked. So ladies, stop being stuck up b*tches and turn guys down so much. You might be the cause of the next killer.
#21 Posted by Iszdope (10279 posts) -

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

I blame ponies.

sukraj

dont say that man

I can't help myself.

#22 Posted by sonicare (53529 posts) -

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers.  They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

#23 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers. They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

sonicare

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do mainly young men commit murder.

#24 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

There are actually very few young men that become mass killers. They are just sensationalized when they happen, like shark attacks.

The_Lipscomb

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do so many young men commit murder.

Equally incorrect.  You need to omit "many".

#25 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

InEMplease

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do so many young men commit murder.

Ok.
#26 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do so many young men commit murder.

The_Lipscomb

Ok.

Simply because mass murderers are relatively rare.  A better question what creates a mass murderer.

#27 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="InEMplease"]

InEMplease

Ok.

Simply because mass murderers relatively rare.  A better question what creates a mass murderer.

Yes, you are right. Let's discuss that.
#29 Posted by InEMplease (6354 posts) -

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"] Ok.The_Lipscomb

Simply because mass murderers relatively rare.  A better question what creates a mass murderer.

Yes, you are right. Let's discuss that.

Trouble with that question is there is no difinitive answer.  As far as I know, nobody can accurately answer.

#30 Posted by sonicare (53529 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

The_Lipscomb

I guess I should have rephrased.. Why do mainly young men commit murder.

I think it has to do with genetics and hormones. Men have higher levels of testosterone and that strongly correlates with aggressive behavior.
#31 Posted by sSubZerOo (43330 posts) -

end up being mass murderes in the U.S? Seriously now.. let's kick away the gun debate.. and discuss something different.. The majority of mass shooting are young men.. aged between 17 and 35.. I see people complaining about guns..the type of guns. ... ect.. but nobody talks about the pattern that repeats generally over and over.. Young men, usually almost always in their 20's .. that cause rampage.

So, OT. Why do you think it is that young men are snapping so much in the U.S.. are we doing something wrong as a society towards young men... Or is it just a phase that will pass or something else? Or something else?

- discuss.

The_Lipscomb

.. Your talking about literally a handful of people in a pool that is 10's of millions.. 

#32 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"]

- discuss.

sSubZerOo

.. Your talking about literally a handful of people in a pool that is 10's of millions.. 

Yes, you are right, I understand that now. Thank you. Goodbye.
#33 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I think it's all the sexual frustration at that age.
#34 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -
I think it's all the sexual frustration at that age.Fightingfan
We do live in a society where young men are told to be tough about their emotions. So a lot of times they never get help or say anything, and just keep it bottle up inside till they explose. Also, we have this weird standard where girls will pretty much never approach a guy if he doesn't make the first move. Combine that with a male who has social anxiety, deep emotional problems, and sexual frustration.. Makes sense.
#35 Posted by playmynutz (6147 posts) -
And it's usually a white male involved in mass shooting
#36 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

#37 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

GOGOGOGURT
No.
#38 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

The_Lipscomb

No.

iT'S SO TRUE. They hear yolo on a song and shoot up a school.  Makes sense.

#39 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2194 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

Because

yolo-final.jpg%3Fw%3D400

GOGOGOGURT

No.

iT'S SO TRUE. They hear yolo on a song and shoot up a school.  Makes sense.

No.
#40 Posted by DirigiblePlums (142 posts) -
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

I am socially awkward, feel depressed occasionally, and have intense anger bouts. But I dissipate that chaos with positive external activities.
#41 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4046 posts) -

because it's funny.

#42 Posted by WolfattheDoor34 (3278 posts) -
[QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

I am socially awkward, feel depressed occasionally, and have intense anger bouts. But I dissipate that chaos with positive external activities.

lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing people
#43 Posted by DirigiblePlums (142 posts) -
[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"][QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing people

I guess moydah, just ain't in my vocabulary, darling.
#44 Posted by ferrari2001 (17073 posts) -
It's obviously because of contraceptions.
#45 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20852 posts) -

[QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"][QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"] I am socially awkward, feel depressed occasionally, and have intense anger bouts. But I dissipate that chaos with positive external activities.DirigiblePlums

Join a gym and start lifting weights and doiong crdio on a regular basis.

I had major anxiety when I was  younger and it dissaperead complety by me working out 5 days a week  ever week.

Working out and doing cardio just ups your mood and makes you feel great.

#46 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5519 posts) -

Same reason men are disproportionately incarcerated: A higher propensity for violence.

XaosII
One damn reply...One for this to show up.
#47 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5519 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Lipscomb"][QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]This is just my guess. These guys committing these horrific killings have suffered from bullying, social awkwardness, social anxiety, loneliness, depression, suicidal thoughts . anger etc.. For the most part I think that these guys feel like a outsider with noone talk to or become friends with. I think they become angry /lonely and desperated for attention that they resort to committing these horrible crimes so that they get the attention they desperately seek. Their so focused on making others pay attention to them that they will do anything to make that happen, which usually involves going on a killing spree of innocent kids and adults. Thats my quick thoughts right now anyway, its a issue that needs to be studied alot though.

BS gender roles. Boys are raised around violence and the idea violence is manly. Girls don't get this most of the time.
#48 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

[QUOTE="DirigiblePlums"][QUOTE="WolfattheDoor34"] lol u r an idiot, u could have just been shooting people this whole time seriously think of all the time you've wasted not killing peopleMkavanaugh77

Join a gym and start lifting weights and doiong crdio on a regular basis.

I had major anxiety when I was  younger and it dissaperead complety by me working out 5 days a week  ever week.

Working out and doing cardio just ups your mood and makes you feel great.

This. I had such bad anxiety that I wouldnt leave my house. When I was 18 I was a 300 pound fatty. Then I was forced to move, got a job, and started hitting the gym. Now I look great and have no anxiety. Except with girls sometimes.
#49 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4774 posts) -

It's because of video games, violent video games are making these people go out and kill.

#50 Posted by wis3boi (31583 posts) -

[QUOTE="carnfghj"]its because of the gay marriage in my opinion    thelordofpies
lol
because of atheismhippiesanta
lol I want to make sure you guy's are joking right.?

hippie is the village dunce