Why do people defend cops?

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

Because they want to feel your rage.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

You get exactly what you deserve from the Police. People who are respectful to me get respect back. People who aren't, don't.

How the hell does that work? You don't continue to be respectful if someone isn't to you? If you're in public service, how is it allowable that my attitude determines yours? That's the entire point in my view, and the entire potential danger behind someone who abuses their power.

Why would I show respect to someone who hasn't shown any to me? You're confusing respect as a human being for professionalism. I don't have to respect you to be professional.

Because everywhere else someone's attitude determines how they're going to be treated. Sorry, you aren't a child any more. You're expected to act like an adult. You can start practicing right now.

A nice personal slight there. I did not even get personal or mean to imply (not my intention if it came off that way anyways), I simply asked a few questions and you apparently took offense and did. Your reply only works to give me a feeling of gratitude I'll not meet you on the job as you seem extremely sensitive and overly defensive here. Take your own advice.

And no, if you are being disrespectful to someone while working you are not acting like a professional as you are in a position of authority. As I said above I'm not advocating disrespect towards the law at all as I think it's self-defeating and believe that the majority of police officers are well-meaning people who genuinely want to make the world a better place and are only doing what's required of them, but I can't agree that you being disrespected should in turn allow disrespect. With the badge off, sure. Then we're all on even ground.

Would you say a judge being disrespectful is tolerable with the power s/he holds? I'd say one of the most important aspects of being in a position of power is to attempt to remove ones personal feelings. I realize that's really easy for me to say and must be a shitty part of the job, but being a cop can be a shitty job as I'm sure you know.

You sounded like a petulant child in your first post. Which is why I said something.

I don't care if somebody disrespects the law. I care when someone disrespects me. Once they do that it's fair game. You, or anybody else, doesn't get to treat me like shit just because I'm doing my job. If you, or anybody else, wants to attempt to do so I'm not going to take it. No where in my job description does it say I'm required to be a customer service agent.

Sure. Because there are some very disrespectful people out there and they deserve a taste of their own medicine. That case where the girl basically said fvck you to the judge and the judge put her in contempt for 30 days? I love it.

You're right, it's very easy for you to try and tell me how to act when you don't do my kind of work. My personal feelings happen to be very much in line with enforcing the law. There are only a few instances where I've disagreed with a law and decided to be lenient with someone. Taking shit from somebody and giving it right back isn't an abuse of power. It's a natural human reaction.

This is the problem however.

We see video after video of Cops approaching citizens who've done nothing wrong, and belittle them.
Here's a great example, released 10 days ago.Two citizens, detained, harassed, belittled, told they're dirty, because they're black.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

You get exactly what you deserve from the Police. People who are respectful to me get respect back. People who aren't, don't.

How the hell does that work? You don't continue to be respectful if someone isn't to you? If you're in public service, how is it allowable that my attitude determines yours? That's the entire point in my view, and the entire potential danger behind someone who abuses their power.

Why would I show respect to someone who hasn't shown any to me? You're confusing respect as a human being for professionalism. I don't have to respect you to be professional.

Because everywhere else someone's attitude determines how they're going to be treated. Sorry, you aren't a child any more. You're expected to act like an adult. You can start practicing right now.

A nice personal slight there. I did not even get personal or mean to imply (not my intention if it came off that way anyways), I simply asked a few questions and you apparently took offense and did. Your reply only works to give me a feeling of gratitude I'll not meet you on the job as you seem extremely sensitive and overly defensive here. Take your own advice.

And no, if you are being disrespectful to someone while working you are not acting like a professional as you are in a position of authority. As I said above I'm not advocating disrespect towards the law at all as I think it's self-defeating and believe that the majority of police officers are well-meaning people who genuinely want to make the world a better place and are only doing what's required of them, but I can't agree that you being disrespected should in turn allow disrespect. With the badge off, sure. Then we're all on even ground.

Would you say a judge being disrespectful is tolerable with the power s/he holds? I'd say one of the most important aspects of being in a position of power is to attempt to remove ones personal feelings. I realize that's really easy for me to say and must be a shitty part of the job, but being a cop can be a shitty job as I'm sure you know.

You sounded like a petulant child in your first post. Which is why I said something.

I don't care if somebody disrespects the law. I care when someone disrespects me. Once they do that it's fair game. You, or anybody else, doesn't get to treat me like shit just because I'm doing my job. If you, or anybody else, wants to attempt to do so I'm not going to take it. No where in my job description does it say I'm required to be a customer service agent.

Sure. Because there are some very disrespectful people out there and they deserve a taste of their own medicine. That case where the girl basically said fvck you to the judge and the judge put her in contempt for 30 days? I love it.

You're right, it's very easy for you to try and tell me how to act when you don't do my kind of work. My personal feelings happen to be very much in line with enforcing the law. There are only a few instances where I've disagreed with a law and decided to be lenient with someone. Taking shit from somebody and giving it right back isn't an abuse of power. It's a natural human reaction.

We see video after video of Cops approaching citizens who've done nothing wrong, and belittle them.

Here's a great example,

released 10 days ago.Two citizens, detained, harassed, belittled, told they're dirty, because they're black.

And there are are countless other examples of cops approaching citizens with respect and professionalism. I'm not sure what your point is when the good far outweighs the bad.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

Here's a great example,

released 10 days ago.Two citizens, detained, harassed, belittled, told they're dirty, because they're black.

And there are are countless other examples of cops approaching citizens with respect and professionalism. I'm not sure what your point is when the good far outweighs the bad.

Doesn't matter how many lives a doctor saves, if he murders someone, he's guilty.
If his friends/family/co-workers assist him in escaping charges, they would be charged with aiding a criminal.

Similarly, it doesn't matter how many criminals an officer catches, if he commits a crime, he's a criminal.
If his friends/family/co-workers assist him in escaping charges, they SHOULD (but never are) be charged with aiding a criminal.

I dont care if you didn't commit the injustice, if you're a law enforcement officer, and you're neglecting your duty so your co-worker(s) can abuse their power, you're equally a part of the problem.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

Here's a great example,

Bad news gets more views. Nobody is going to record police officers who do good because that is boring, but let one bad egg screw up and here comes the flood of insults calling all police officers corrupt pigs.

In all honesty, it's not that much different than the anti-violent video game crowd blaming violent games for Columbine and Sandy Hook despite millions of other gamers who never picked up a weapon for the purpose of breaking the law.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Here's a great example,

Right.....one example means we should label all cops like that example.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Nibroc420

@ad1x2 said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Here's a great example,

Bad news gets more views. Nobody is going to record police officers who do good because that is boring, but let one bad egg screw up and here comes the flood of insults calling all police officers corrupt pigs.

In all honesty, it's not that much different than the anti-violent video game crowd blaming violent games for Columbine and Sandy Hook despite millions of other gamers who never picked up a weapon for the purpose of breaking the law.

Difference is, most people, including those who play video games, think Columbine and Sandy Hook were tragedies.

If your friend commits a crime, and is wanted by police, and you let him in your house, you could get charged with aiding a criminal.
However if a cop commits a crime, 90% of the time, he/she is not charged, not fired, and thanks to "the blue wall of silence" nothing happens.
Police are supposed to enforce the law, that includes their own detachments. They're not exempt from the law.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

Here's a great example,

Doesn't matter how many lives a doctor saves, if he murders someone, he's guilty.

If his friends/family/co-workers assist him in escaping charges, they would be charged with aiding a criminal.

Similarly, it doesn't matter how many criminals an officer catches, if he commits a crime, he's a criminal.

If his friends/family/co-workers assist him in escaping charges, they SHOULD (but never are) be charged with aiding a criminal.

I dont care if you didn't commit the injustice, if you're a law enforcement officer, and you're neglecting your duty so your co-worker(s) can abuse their power, you're equally a part of the problem.

We're not talking about some ONE. We're talking about THEM ALL.

So, again, what exactly is your point?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

Here's a great example,

We're not talking about some ONE. We're talking about THEM ALL.

So, again, what exactly is your point?

Many police are not respecting people's rights, and are abusing their power.
This can be witnessed by countless videos, such as the one i posted.

We're told to call 911 when someone's breaking the law. But who do you call when the police are breaking the law?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

We're told to call 911 when someone's breaking the law. But who do you call when the police are breaking the law?

That's unequivocally false. Until I see 400,001 videos of individual Police officers disrespecting people's rights and abusing their power, your statement has nothing to stand on.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

That's unequivocally false. Until I see 400,001 videos of individual Police officers disrespecting people's rights and abusing their power, your statement has nothing to stand on.

If police raid a known gang house, they're going to arrest everyone inside. Those who've committed crimes are jailed for them, and those who haven't are slapped with "aiding and embedding a criminal".
Why are police so special, that we let those who did not directly commit the acts, but aided/supported the criminals, go free?

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ad1x2

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

If police raid a known gang house, they're going to arrest everyone inside. Those who've committed crimes are jailed for them, and those who haven't are slapped with "aiding and embedding a criminal".

Why are police so special, that we let those who did not directly commit the acts, but aided/supported the criminals, go free?

There is a difference between being charged and being convicted. That is what trials are for. A few years back I knew a guy who was in his brother's house when it got raided for drug trafficking. He was released with his charges dismissed a few days later when his brother admitted the drugs were all his.

If anything, if you aren't actually caught in the act of doing a crime but are arrested for being in the wrong place at the wrong time you can blame your buddy for not telling the truth. You can sit back and try to make it sound like police officers are a bunch of criminals but that doesn't make it true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Are you going to say anything meaningful? Anything that isn't generalized horse-shit?

And it's aiding and abetting. Not embedding. If you're going to actually quote me law you'd do well to learn what the law actually is.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm just passionate and opinionated in my feelings at times and I suppose that may come off as petulant and childish. Again, not my intention.

And it's a natural human reaction in a system that is ideally supposed to be impartial and blind. Your position seems to be going directly against it. So what I'm wondering is.....how do you separate yourself from your work? People aren't disrespecting you because you are you, they are disrespecting you solely because of what you represent. And the underlined comes off as a very vengeful attitude for someone with authority. That's my issue.

Where's the line drawn?

Taking shit from somebody and giving it right back isn't an abuse of power in itself, but it's heading down the road that, as I said, leads to that potential and danger.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Are you going to say anything meaningful? Anything that isn't generalized horse-shit?

And it's aiding and abetting. Not embedding. If you're going to actually quote me law you'd do well to learn what the law actually is.

So much anger.

If you hate everyone so much, why choose a career with "Serve and Protect" as a slogan?

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

I hate the police. They are always out to get you and charge you with whatever they can, meeting their ticket quotas and making as many arrests as possible to get that bonus. They also seem to sleep just fine even though they enforce the barbaric drug policy of the US. I have very little respect for police officers.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Nibroc420

What do you call a law enforcement officer, who doesn't obey the law?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

If anyone is getting arrested for aiding and abetting, then you should really look at who you hang around with be it family or "friends." It isn't hard to stay under the radar of the local police if you are that worried about getting mistreated by them. If you are going to hang around drug dealers, or go to protests where anarchists are hiding, then one really needs to look at what one is doing. If you do not want to get stopped, follow the traffic laws and ensure your vehicle is in good repair without busted or burned out lights.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Nibroc420

@WhiteKnight77 said:

If anyone is getting arrested for aiding and abetting, then you should really look at who you hang around with be it family or "friends." It isn't hard to stay under the radar of the local police if you are that worried about getting mistreated by them. If you are going to hang around drug dealers, or go to protests where anarchists are hiding, then one really needs to look at what one is doing. If you do not want to get stopped, follow the traffic laws and ensure your vehicle is in good repair without busted or burned out lights.

Thats my point. If you hang around criminals, you'll be arrested.
However
>Police are breaking Laws.
>Fellow Police Officers are not charging their co-workers for law-breaking.>Fellow Officers are "aiding" and encouraging the behavior by not stopping it.

Resulting in a society where the law-enforcers, are excempt from the law, and abuse their power because they can.
There's the odd good cop, but considering those who witness the wrong-doing and say/do nothing are no better than the criminals themselves... Good cops are hard to find.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ad1x2

@Nibroc420 said:

@WhiteKnight77 said:

Thats my point. If you hang around criminals, you'll be arrested.

However

>Police are breaking Laws.

>Fellow Police Officers are not charging their co-workers for law-breaking.>Fellow Officers are "aiding" and encouraging the behavior by not stopping it.

Resulting in a society where the law-enforcers, are excempt from the law, and abuse their power because they can.

There's the odd good cop, but considering those who witness the wrong-doing and say/do nothing are no better than the criminals themselves... Good cops are hard to find.

If you knowingly hang around people you know are breaking the law you are an idiot for doing so even if you aren't participating. Common sense should override your opinion of how stuff should be ran. As for the police breaking laws, if you want to complain about them not getting charged you need to look at the district attorney of that area.

Besides, you should consider that not all cases involving bad cops are front page news. For every one story you hear about a corrupt police officer getting away with something, there's probably ten more of officers getting convicted of wrongdoing. But controversy creates cash so that one bad cop is going to be the one making headlines.

Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@redstorm72 said:

@Jimn_tonic said:

I totally agree that some police forces have little accountability. the RCMP is a great example. we have no need for a national police force what so ever, never mind one that's protected by the crown.

Uhg, are you being serious? Basically every nation on the planet has a national police force, why wouldn't Canada have one? You do realize that the RCMP polices every community that can't or won't support their own police force right? Disbanding the RCMP would effectively leave every province besides Ontario and Quebec, and hundreds of communities across Canada without a police force. And what do you mean "protected by the crown"? The law still applies to the RCMP, even if they are part of the federal government. Also, how is the RCMP not held accountable? The RCMP have an external review committee that reviews any case or complaint that deals with a serious injury or death, or where officers have acted inappropriately. You can't realistically get more accountable than that.

That's all pretty un-nuanced. Take into account Canada's low crime rate, small aging population, the fact that the RCMP approval rating is the lowest it's ever been, over half of the cases have been within the last two decades (not just violence, but overall; theft of federal weapons, pension fraud, using federal funds to take political stances on Insite etc.) and their review committee can and has barred independent investigations (Ian Bush scandal is a good example).

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

@FuggaJ said:

@thegerg said:

For the same reasons that people defend fast food workers, teachers, left-handed people, and Jews. Most of them are good people.

Now I know you're joking. Fast food workers are some of the worst little assholes there are. Try to find a group more willing to spit in your food.

Jackass, I hope someone does spit in your food; and you step on a Lego.You're exactly the high and mighty dicks that think your better then everyone. Respect, give it and you'll receive. Haven't you ever heard about being nice to people that handle food? Hope your not an ass to whoever cuts your hair either. You can say shit to make anyone seem bad; when in reality you're just talking out you're ass.

• Teachers and pastors and all pervs. Try to find a group more willing to wanna hook up with minors...to put it nicely.
  • Dentists are sadists. Try and find a more willing group to cause pain.
  • Sales clerks are all annoying. Try to find a more willing group that enjoys bugging the fvck out of you when you just wanna look at stuff.

Way to overgeneralize, I can do it too. So STFU troll.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

So much anger.

If you hate everyone so much, why choose a career with "Serve and Protect" as a slogan?

I dislike people like you. Not everyone. Thankfully there are very few people like you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm just passionate and opinionated in my feelings at times and I suppose that may come off as petulant and childish. Again, not my intention.

And it's a natural human reaction in a system that is ideally supposed to be impartial and blind. Your position seems to be going directly against it. So what I'm wondering is.....how do you separate yourself from your work? People aren't disrespecting you because you are you, they are disrespecting you solely because of what you represent. And the underlined comes off as a very vengeful attitude for someone with authority. That's my issue.

Where's the line drawn?

Taking shit from somebody and giving it right back isn't an abuse of power in itself, but it's heading down the road that, as I said, leads to that potential and danger.

I've been doing this job for more than five years now. The system is supposed to be impartial and blind. My feelings don't have to be. So long as I follow procedure to the letter I can think and act however I wish.

That doesn't change the fact that they are disrespecting me. You can feel however you want about the laws but you will give me the same respect that I show you. Not really sure what you tell you about the underlined. Most cops feel that exact way.

Welp, considering I don't have any official complaints against me, and two citations for merit, I can safely say that I'm not heading down any road you might be referring to.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Where's the line drawn?

I've been doing this job for more than five years now. The system is supposed to be impartial and blind. My feelings don't have to be. So long as I follow procedure to the letter I can think and act however I wish.

That doesn't change the fact that they are disrespecting me. You can feel however you want about the laws but you will give me the same respect that I show you. Not really sure what you tell you about the underlined. Most cops feel that exact way.

Welp, considering I don't have any official complaints against me, and two citations for merit, I can safely say that I'm not heading down any road you might be referring to.

There is definitely a certain overbearing, power-induced attitude that I've seen present in a number of cops simply because most of the time they can get away with it. So what if they act a bit rude and dickish to civilians? No one is going to write them up or discipline them for that. They're cops and they can do it.

Doesn't make it good behavior, and it admittedly makes me happy on the rare occasion when a cop has no idea who he's talking to and ends up on the wrong side of power. My friend knows the daughter of the president of a certain financial services organization that oversees more than a $1.5 trillion in assets, and apparently she got caught underage drinking by a cop who was extremely disrespectful and rude to her. Long story short the entire incident was swept under the rug and the cop lost his job for being a douchebag.

Obviously, that wasn't the official reason, and it certainly was not 100% admirable, but for some reason I look at it, that he finally got what has probably been coming to him and can't help but grin.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

There was an incident recently, where an officer who'd been given several awards for being a great at finding and charging drunk drivers; decided it was a good idea to do double the speed limit, past a police speed-trap as "a prank on his fellow officers". They all had a big laugh, despite having risked the lives of the other motorists, for no real reason.

Turns out, of the dozen or so officers there, one decided to report the incident because he felt it wasn't okay to put others at risk, breaking laws, for a "joke".

Now, if any other citizen has done what that officer had, and drove double the limit, they'd lose their license, have their vehicle impounded, and might possibly face stunt driving charges.
However, this officer, after being called out, ended up giving ~$100 to some charity, and having the case dropped.

1.) Quite the double standard, no?

2.) Just another example, of one officer breaking the law, and the majority of his fellows laughing along, not caring about who they hurt/endanger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@TacticalDesire said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@airshocker said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Where's the line drawn?

There is definitely a certain overbearing, power-induced attitude that I've seen present in a number of cops simply because most of the time they can get away with it. So what if they act a bit rude and dickish to civilians? No one is going to write them up or discipline them for that. They're cops and they can do it.

Doesn't make it good behavior, and it admittedly makes me happy on the rare occasion when a cop has no idea who he's talking to and ends up on the wrong side of power. My friend knows the daughter of the president of a certain financial services organization that oversees more than a $1.5 trillion in assets, and apparently she got caught underage drinking by a cop who was extremely disrespectful and rude to her. Long story short the entire incident was swept under the rug and the cop lost his job for being a douchebag.

Obviously, that wasn't the official reason, and it certainly was not 100% admirable, but for some reason I look at it, that he finally got what has probably been coming to him and can't help but grin.

All I'm saying is you get what you deserve. If you're a douchebag PO just because you have a badge and a gun, you're probably going to get yours when the time comes. If you're dealing with a disrespectful civilian, I see no reason why you should take it from them. Some people deserve to be told they're stupid, which I've done quite a few times.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

There was an incident recently, where an officer who'd been given several awards for being a great at finding and charging drunk drivers; decided it was a good idea to do double the speed limit, past a police speed-trap as "a prank on his fellow officers". They all had a big laugh, despite having risked the lives of the other motorists, for no real reason.

Turns out, of the dozen or so officers there, one decided to report the incident because he felt it wasn't okay to put others at risk, breaking laws, for a "joke".

Now, if any other citizen has done what that officer had, and drove double the limit, they'd lose their license, have their vehicle impounded, and might possibly face stunt driving charges.

However, this officer, after being called out, ended up giving ~$100 to some charity, and having the case dropped.

2.) Just another example, of one officer breaking the law, and the majority of his fellows laughing along, not caring about who they hurt/endanger.

What does any of this have to do with me? Do you just enjoy using strawmen?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

That sure is an overabundance of commas

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Strawmen?

It was YET ANOTHER example for you, of how police are treated differently. If they commit a crime, they're treated less harshly, because they're police and their buddies are the one's doing the arresting.
Not to mention, it was an example of how even an officer who's obtained citations for merit, can have an attitude that shows he/she feels they are above the law. Because you've already stated in this thread that people who disrespect you "deserve what's coming to them", and you're pretending you're beyond criticism due to having two citations for merit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

Strawmen?

It was YET ANOTHER example for you, of how police are treated differently. If they commit a crime, they're treated less harshly, because they're police and their buddies are the one's doing the arresting.

Not to mention, it was an example of how even an officer who's obtained citations for merit, can have an attitude that shows he/she feels they are above the law. Because you've already stated in this thread that people who disrespect you "deserve what's coming to them", and you're pretending you're beyond criticism due to having two citations for merit.

Again, what does that have to do with me or anything that I've said?

It seems like you've got diarrhea of the word processor. It's obvious you're having supreme difficulties understanding what I'm saying. Else why would you type all of this nonsense?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Because dragging them all over one comb is very unfair towards those that actually do their job to protect and serve the citizens.

Sure there will be those that aren't good cops, but I very much doubt they are the majority.

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

@redstorm72 said:

@Jimn_tonic said:

I totally agree that some police forces have little accountability. the RCMP is a great example. we have no need for a national police force what so ever, never mind one that's protected by the crown.

Uhg, are you being serious? Basically every nation on the planet has a national police force, why wouldn't Canada have one? You do realize that the RCMP polices every community that can't or won't support their own police force right? Disbanding the RCMP would effectively leave every province besides Ontario and Quebec, and hundreds of communities across Canada without a police force. And what do you mean "protected by the crown"? The law still applies to the RCMP, even if they are part of the federal government. Also, how is the RCMP not held accountable? The RCMP have an external review committee that reviews any case or complaint that deals with a serious injury or death, or where officers have acted inappropriately. You can't realistically get more accountable than that.

The RCMP are accountable only to themselves, look at the High River, AB incident. They commit breaking and entering, kicking in doors of locked homes, claiming they are looking for people who need to be evacuated, then proceed to loot the homes, taking LEGALLY owned and PROPERLY STORED firearms.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Nibroc420
@Treflis said:

Because dragging them all over one comb is very unfair towards those that actually do their job to protect and serve the citizens.

Sure there will be those that aren't good cops, but I very much doubt they are the majority.

Gotcha.

If your friend commits a crime, and you're with him when police arrest him, you could be considered an accessory to the crime.

But if an Officer commits a crime, and his fellow officers who could arrest him, chose not to, they're completely innocent.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Strawmen?

It seems like you've got diarrhea of the word processor. It's obvious you're having supreme difficulties understanding what I'm saying. Else why would you type all of this nonsense?

You acted as though an officer who's received citations for merits, is completely innocent and would never break the law.

So I gave a recent example of an officer who was held in high regard, and had received multiple citations for merit. He decided to break the law, putting people at risk, and he didn't expect to be charged with anything because he's a police officer, and he was buddies with the guys who should've arrested him.
In fact, none of his police officer buddies wanted to charge him, despite him breaking the law, and It ended up being one lone officer who felt the officer's behavior was completely inappropriate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Strawmen?

You acted as though an officer who's received citations for merits, is completely innocent and would never break the law.

So I gave a recent example of an officer who was held in high regard, and had received multiple citations for merit. He decided to break the law, putting people at risk, and he didn't expect to be charged with anything because he's a police officer, and he was buddies with the guys who should've arrested him.

In fact, none of his police officer buddies wanted to charge him, despite him breaking the law, and It ended up being one lone officer who felt the officer's behavior was completely inappropriate.

You need to learn how to read.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Great, you know how to quote. Now learn how to comprehend the written word.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Nibroc420

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Oh I can.
You'd be surprised how many police officers cant though, given how many of them dont know what rights citizens have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Oh I can.

You'd be surprised how many police officers cant though, given how many of them dont know what rights citizens have.

No, you apparently can't. If you could you would know exactly what it is that I said.

I'm done with you now. =]

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By WhiteKnight77

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

Actually, he is trying to compare US laws and police to Canadian laws and police. In Canada, speeders can face 4 and 5 digit fines, impounding of their vehicles, the stunt driving charges (this was the giveaway) and loss of their license whereas here in the States, we just ticket people with some fines maybe reaching 4 digits if a speeder is lucky (of course they face other charges should they fail to stop) and here in GA where speeders face an extra $200 fine due to the superspeeder law that kicks in for speeds over 90 on highways or 75 on surface streets and are not handed out in court (and why people from out of state should not speed through Georgia).

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 WhiteKnight77

@airshocker said:

@Nibroc420 said:

@airshocker said:

He is trying to compare US cops and laws to Canadian cops and laws. In Canada, speeders face 4 and 5 digit fines, loss of their license, loss of their vehicle and the stunt driving charges (this was the giveaway) compared to here in the States where we only get tickets that may only reach 4 digits (I haven't ever heard of a 4 digit speeding fine in the US though) for speeding. I will say that here in Georgia, there is the superspeeder law that imposes an extra $200 fine for driving speeds over 90 on highways or 75 on other roads and surface streets. This fine is not imposed in court and gets sent to people in the mail and can result in suspension of driving privileges in Georgia though they cannot suspend your license if from out of state. This is why if driving through Georgia, you do not speed.

Albertan gets $12,000 fine for speeding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WhiteKnight77: He's not doing a very good job. :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#146  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I defend cops because the vast majority of them are good. They are public servants who's job is incredibly difficult. It's easy to sit back in the safety of your house and state how you'd do a better job, but it's a lot different when its your ass on the line. Lots of cops are killed every year. Lots more see tons of horrid crap that makes you lose faith in your fellow man.

They get criticized because they are the authority figure. No one likes an authority figure or disciplinarian, but you need them. I am glad there are people out there that will come to the aide of others. That there public servants who will try to uphold law and order. Once you see places where there is no authority, you will quickly realize how happy you are for the police.

Look at the police of some other countries and how corrupt they are, and you'd realize how good the ones here are. They do have oversight and they are reviewed. Maybe not completely transparent, but its not like they can act with impunity.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

Crops need friends tooo

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

@KiIIyou:

@KiIIyou said:

Crops need friends tooo

The farmers can be their friends! n_n

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts

@megagene said:

@KiIIyou:

@KiIIyou said:

Crops need friends tooo

The farmers can be their friends! n_n

That's true and so can the scerr croooos :D

bigoth866

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150 bigoth866
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Cops just depend on the cop them self. I've delt with some down right dirty cops and some that aren't that bad.

Just recently I got in to some trouble and was arrested, it was the cop who pulled me over who arrested me. The two cops that showed up were talking and told the one just to confiscate my pot and let me go. But he refused. On the way to the prison he told me how he was from Arizona and was going to clean up the streets here. Many of the cops I'm friends with even said they didn't see why he would arrest me.

So in short, cops just depend on the person and there mood.