Why do people become vegans and vegetarians?

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 zenogandia
Member since 2012 • 861 Posts

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

Oh the talkative... :P

"Some people simply do not like the taste of meat, "
These are some mental issues young man... you must have had some bad experiences while u were younger...
Becoz people... Eat meat for CENTURIES... That's just my opinion so don't get offenced... :)

Matthew-first

This is what I'm talking about. The harassment, the ridicule and the outright rudeness. There isn't anything wrong with me mentally, there might however be something wrong with your mental capacity. Mine remains intact though. Thanks for caring, though. ^_^

I am completely 100% normal healthy meat eating human :D
Vegetarians are just a minority. But do whatever you want... I'm just saying Eating meat is the most normal thing in the world. :)

EVEN.

"Fragments of a 1.5-million-year-old skull from a child recently found in Tanzania suggest early hominids weren't just occasional carnivores but regular meat eaters, researchers say.

The finding helps build the case that meat-eating helped the human lineage evolve large brains, scientists added.

"I know this will sound awful to vegetarians, but meat made us human," said researcher Manuel Domínguez-Rodrigo, an archaeologist at Complutense University in Madrid.

http://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html

heard about that last year.

By not eating meat people would deevolve according to the newest science. :P

You pick.

Scientist also forgot that there things that substitute meat.:?

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

- Don't like the idea of killing animals
- Don't like the ethical treatment of animals
- Don't like the idea of how we produce meat in factories, ie they would be ok with it if it were hunted
- Don't like the idea of eating something that was alive
- Don't like the taste
- Alternate healthly eating life style. e.g the nutrition we get from meat is unnecessary if we can get it from a pill

These are some off the top of my head.

trugs26

I eat meat though I don't like HOW they are killed... so I buy at the butcher. Animals treated peacfully. From farms.

Eating something that was alive...
That's how world works.

PILLS?? Vitamins consisted in Pills are much much much less assimilated by your organism than from real products.
(at least that's what I did learn on biology, microbiology, dietetics, food science and nutrition at school :) )

And one more thing :D
http://www.gorinkan.org/journey/wnj/sa/etosha_chasing.jpg

Once again. That's how world works. :P :)

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="SystemsGO"]

This is what I'm talking about. The harassment, the ridicule and the outright rudeness. There isn't anything wrong with me mentally, there might however be something wrong with your mental capacity. Mine remains intact though. Thanks for caring, though. ^_^

zenogandia

Vegetarians are just a minority. But do whatever you want... I'm just saying Eating meat is the most normal thing in the world. :)

EVEN.

"Fragments of a 1.5-million-year-old skull from a child recently found in Tanzania suggest early hominids weren't just occasional carnivores but regular meat eaters, researchers say.

The finding helps build the case that meat-eating helped the human lineage evolve large brains, scientists added.

"I know this will sound awful to vegetarians, but meat made us human," said researcher Manuel Domínguez-Rodrigo, an archaeologist at Complutense University in Madrid.

You pick.

http://www.grasslandsmeander.co.za/index_files/images/FA002.jpghttp://img478.imageshack.us/img478/8936/acomtassilinajjeriiafg1.jpg

They (above animals) doesn't look like a substitute to me :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

dunno, I find that it is juat a very specific type of vegetarians and vegans that are a pain, most are not. Just the Overly holy ones who has too much blind faith and not enough research.

People who chose it after evaluated thought and personal preferences are all fine ^^

The ones claiming it is unnatural for humans to eat meat, should retake basic genetics in school though. It is fine chosing not to eat meat, but do NOT try to make something up that can be disputed through history and scientific study.

But as Ive allready stated, those are just a minority, the ones I prefer to think of as "religiously vegetarian" And the ones commenting on the addetives in meat, shouldreally look into what vegetables are sprayied with over the growth period, and how much is stuck in it.

In the end anyone caring about what they eat, vegetarian or not, all eat relatively healthy atleast within the bounds that we can control.

So the people that goes vegans and vegetarians? allready been stated countless times in this thread, and all are valid.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Nastik Hindu, though my eating habits might change due to lactose intolerance. I'm always hungry:P.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Because they can?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

I feel like I hear more people complaining about annoying vegetarians than I do actual annoying vegetarians. All of the people I know who are vegetarians never even brought it up until we actually had a meal together.

SystemsGO

I agree with this. People like you, for no one reason like to bring things like vegetarians to the forefront and bash them because they feel inadequate about something in their own lives. Perhaps you're overweight, and it bothers you for that reason? Then again, I'm not here to find out your lifestyle, or complain about it.

As a vegetarian I can tell you that myself personally, I never even mention the fact that I am a vegetarian unless a meat product is offered to me, in which case I politely say "No thank you, I'm vegetarian", and move on with my life. I am not an advocate for Vegetarians, and I don't care that others are, or aren't vegetarian. There are few who do, just like with any subculture, be it religion, or meat eaters alike. Everyone brags about something, and insists you try it or you're not socially acceptable in their eyes. If that's the case write those people off like I have. I'm also not religion but Christians insist on coming to my doorstep to tell me why I need to be saved. If a christian finds out I'm not religious they insist on being rude, and claiming I'll go to hell, etc..

One fact that I can give to you as a vegetarian is than when others find out you're a vegetarian you receive more harassment than you would for anything else. People will start eating their lunch meat sandwiches and ask you why you don't eat it, because it's soo good, even though you've already explained it to them. People tell you "I'm going to make you eat meat, you're going to go out to eat me and we're going to eat meat", or "You're weird, why don't you eat meat?". It's the same thing over and over again.

If you must know why I'm a vegetarian, before you ask I'll go ahead and tell you. It's not because I am disgusted by the fact that I'm eating an animal, or because of animal rights(I find animal rights annoying), but it's because I do not like meat, plain and simple. I've been this way since child hood. My parents have sent me to psychiatrists, hypnotists etc, trying to correct the issue. When really, I just don't have the taste required for meat. It makes me gag, it makes me sick. I don't care if others eat meat around me, I don't ask them why they're not vegetarians, or why they eat animals. Here you are though.. Asking why we're vegetarians? LOL The irony.

Why not just say "no thank you" instead of including that you are a vegetarian? If you do not eat something, there is no reason to tell anyone why or that you are vegetarian unless someone asks.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

So they can act like they're better than everyone else.

zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 zenogandia

[QUOTE="zenogandia"]

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

EVEN.

You pick.

Matthew-first

http://www.grasslandsmeander.co.za/index_files/images/FA002.jpghttp://img478.imageshack.us/img478/8936/acomtassilinajjeriiafg1.jpg

Now there is:D

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Vegans can be very annoying.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

- Don't like the idea of how we produce meat in factories, ie they would be ok with it if it were hunted
- Don't like the taste
- Alternate healthly eating life style. e.g the nutrition we get from meat is unnecessary if we can get it from a pill

Matthew-first

I eat meat though I don't like HOW they are killed... so I buy at the butcher. Animals treated peacfully. From farms.

That's how world works.

PILLS?? Vitamins consisted in Pills are much much much less assimilated by your organism than from real products.
(at least that's what I did learn on biology, microbiology, dietetics, food science and nutrition at school :) )

Peaceful is a relative term. Animals having their throats slit while they're unconcsious is more peaceful than while they're fully conscious, but not by a hell of a lot. I doubt there's any really peaceful way to slit an animal's throat. They're also pretty aware of what's going on, as evidenced by the tendency of cattle to occasionally try to jump the line while they're awaiting slaughter. Sugarcoat it all you want, but you're still killing an animal and there's no truly peaceful way to do that.

I hope you do also realize that there are other negative results of a meat-heavy diet. For instance, meat takes far more water and nutrients to raise and sell than fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Beef, especially, consumes a great deal of resources in production, and current meat consumption in the U.S. is unsustainable.

There's a difference between vegetative life and conscious life. If you're going to go the "animals in the wild eat each route," then animals in the wild also do plenty of things that we humans consider immoral or inappropriate, that's no justification.

There are plenty of plant sources of protein, beans and legumes specifically.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I'm a vegetarian except on certain holidays. I just don't like meat, I think it's nasty. I don't give a sh*t if anyone else eats it though.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

having huge vaginas

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
It's ethical
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I feel like I hear more people complaining about annoying vegetarians than I do actual annoying vegetarians. All of the people I know who are vegetarians never even brought it up until we actually had a meal together.

metroidfood

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#66 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Various reasons. Way too many for me to list.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
a: they believe veggies is better for you b: they think of killing animal is wrong because it crys.... IMO i believe if plants had a month they would cry too...
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 k2theswiss

- Don't like the taste

trugs26
pill? umm you do know there is plants that give protein right? actually EVERY plant has some but, beans/nuts are the huge ones
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Also I have to question the sanity of anybody who thinks it's morally justifiable to slaughter animals by any means.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]a: they believe veggies is better for you b: they think of killing animal is wrong because it crys.... IMO i believe if plants had a month they would cry too...

Who the **** cares about plants? they dont have tear ducts.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Someone being a vegan only matters when you're trapped for weeks on top of a mountain from a plane crash and the blizzard isn't letting up.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#72 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I could never see myself becoming a vegetarian. Most of my favorite foods are not vegetables or fruits.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

I'm not a vegetarian, but the one thing that could make me vegetarian (but ultimately won't because I like meat) is the way animals are treated. It's not the killing per se, since animals today are killed with relatively humane methods, it's how they're treated in life. Like, living their entire life in a box, the way they're fed, the way they're transported, and so on. The killing is shocking if you've never seen it but is relatively humane. At least considering the old ways of how you would kill cattle, pigs, goats, etc. I remember how my grandfather killed rabbits. A couple of huge blows with his fist to the rabbit's head!

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

I'm not a vegetarian, but the one thing that could make me vegetarian (but ultimately won't because I like meat) is the way animals are treated. It's not the killing per se, since animals today are killed with relatively humane methods, it's how they're treated in life. Like, living their entire life in a box, the way they're fed, the way they're transported, and so on. The killing is shocking if you've never seen it but is relatively humane. At least considering the old ways of how you would kill cattle, pigs, goats, etc. I remember how my grandfather killed rabbits. A couple of huge blows with his fist to the rabbit's head!

nunovlopes
It's a business. People buy meat, so the farmer raises animals for the butcher. Except now, that one farmer has to supply tens of thousands of people with meat. Farmers dont exactly have the time to hug every cold baby cow, and raise them with extreme love.
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nunovlopes

I believe that eventually men will be able to use technology to produce whatever food we need in a lab, like beef, pork chops, chicken breasts, whatever. No animals will need to be killed, no straining on Earth's resources, and so on. 500 years from now we'll be seen as savages, in the same way we see men from 500 years ago as savages for their treatment of slaves.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

Nibroc420

It's a business. People buy meat, so the farmer raises animals for the butcher. Except now, that one farmer has to supply tens of thousands of people with meat. Farmers dont exactly have the time to hug every cold baby cow, and raise them with extreme love.

I'm full aware of that.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I don't get this aswell. they say its down to how the animals are treated when they are alive which is a fair point but then why don't you just buy free range organic meat then, then you know the animal has been looked after in its life. I have a friend who's a vegetarian but he is one of the nice ones and that's why he doesn't eat meat all that much unless he is anywhere this certain farm shop where he knows all the animals are well looked after then he might buy a few things other then that nothing out of a normal shop etc and he rarely eat meats. The annoying ones though seem to do it and go on about to fuel their own ego...it's their subtle way of saying look how mature, modern and connected to this world I'am and all the animals that live on it. I just call them dickheads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGNozybIOE
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
Because meat is murder. Delicious murder. You can't spell slaughter without laughter, and I've found that many vegetarians and vegans lack humour. Coincidence?
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="zenogandia"]Scientist also forgot that there things that substitute meat.:?

zenogandia

Now there is:D

Oh yeees yees the chemistry :D :P

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

- Don't like the taste

theone86

That's how world works.

Peaceful is a relative term. Animals having their throats slit while they're unconcsious is more peaceful than while they're fully conscious, but not by a hell of a lot. I doubt there's any really peaceful way to slit an animal's throat. They're also pretty aware of what's going on, as evidenced by the tendency of cattle to occasionally try to jump the line while they're awaiting slaughter. Sugarcoat it all you want, but you're still killing an animal and there's no truly peaceful way to do that.

I hope you do also realize that there are other negative results of a meat-heavy diet. For instance, meat takes far more water and nutrients to raise and sell than fruits, vegetables, and legumes. Beef, especially, consumes a great deal of resources in production, and current meat consumption in the U.S. is unsustainable.

There's a difference between vegetative life and conscious life. If you're going to go the "animals in the wild eat each route," then animals in the wild also do plenty of things that we humans consider immoral or inappropriate, that's no justification.

I'm not from US, but I know US have a lot of problems with eating habits...
And I know you can't kill peacfully... doh. :D haha lol. ...
But treat animals peacfully...
That's all I want from my 'meat' :)

As I said a few times already, I buy at the butcher. Another reason to buy meat at the butcher is that it doesnt contain any chemistry like other PACKED food.
And yes I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits... (I don't eat sugar or regular salt at all.. I use a sea salt.. etc etc etc.)

Now.. still on the subject I guess :P ...

Imagine how french people skin frogs alive and fry them with salt alive... THAT is... just wrong and as you say... not a peaceful method.
And I do not accept that.. as well as FOIE GRAS ... another french meal, where goose are being fed up with corn by force, to get their liver fattened and then eat it... :|

Look what Ramsay did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNzwy6ZFnuk
He ate a beating heart.

Just to disgust you :P

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

That's how world works.

Matthew-first

As I said a few times already, I buy at the butcher. Another reason to buy meat at the butcher is that it doesnt contain any chemistry like other PACKED food.
And yes I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits... (I don't eat sugar or regular salt at all.. I use a sea salt.. etc etc etc.)

Imagine how french people skin frogs alive and fry them with salt alive... THAT is... just wrong and as you say... not a peaceful method.
And I do not accept that.. as well as FOIE GRAS ... another french meal, where goose are being fed up with corn by force, to get their liver fattened and then eat it... :|

Look what Ramsay did...
He ate a beating heart.

Slit throat is mainly a Cosha thing. a bolt gun is something that is mainly used here in the UK not sure what its like in the US but I can not picture some body taking to the time to slit all those guns throats. a bolt gun to the head does the job and is painless before they know what is happening or what it will do its all over and no pain felt instant. and if they have lived on a farm that has treated them well I dont see the problem. well looked after animals living happy lives and a instant painless defo dont think thats a bad way

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
They have their reasons - I don't really mind. Just annoying to cater for them if you're preparing food as some take it further than others and then you don't know what to cook for them.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Perhaps because they don't like the cruel meat industry?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 theone86

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

ziggyww

Look what Ramsay did...
He ate a beating heart.

Slit throat is mainly a Cosha thing. a bolt gun is something that is mainly used here in the UK not sure what its like in the US but I can not picture some body taking to the time to slit all those guns throats. a bolt gun to the head does the job and is painless before they know what is happening or what it will do its all over and no pain felt instant. and if they have lived on a farm that has treated them well I dont see the problem. well looked after animals living happy lives and a instant painless defo dont think thats a bad way

Bolt guns are used to stun cattle, after which their throat is slit.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

The meat industry has no respect for food, no respect for life. Chickens so fat they break their legs trying to walk, cows spending their whole life standing in their own schit, pumped with hormones and antibiotics, feeding corn instead of grass give them ulcers and tumors, these sad terrified animals are slaughtered and rendered, packaged and straight to your plate "mmmm MMmmmm" nice sausage of cow lips and a$$holes (totally healthy and inspected by the USDA of course.)

Not saying ppl should not eat meat, after all it is the circle of life, just because "society" says XYZ is illegal does not make it immoral, it is simply the wishes of the majority who are not necessarily right or enlightened but they are the majority. Nothing that animals (including humans) do is "immoral", killing and dominating and coercing is not anymore "immoral" than going to the bathroom.

This is simply a commentary that as predators, as the dominant species on Earth, it benefits and behooves us to treat the lower animals a little better, to let them at least have their natural life before eating them, to let them run around in the grass and just have a normal life, and in the end to make their slaughter as quick and painless as possible, with thanks to all higher powers for this bounty.

I don't think anyone wants to eat misery meat with diseased ass cancer for dinner.

Not that the veggie industry isn't equally f*cked up with their frankenstein seeds and genetically modified Monsanto petrochemical poison food growth.

It's not about what people choose to eat.

It's about an economic system that drives a "race to the bottom" mentality where 3-4 mega corps buy up all the family farms or drive them out of business to use low quality labor and treat our food like garbage.

Luckily I have been overseas a few places and the food is orders of magnitude better, fresh fruits and vegetables taste incredible, I think it was in Spain that I dicovered that the bones of chickens aren't supposed to be brown like Perdue. I had bread and cheese at an airport in Switzerland, just bread and cheese, but it tasted so incredible I had to go back and get 2-3 more for the family, everyone was like "omg why does this taste so good."

And then you come back to the states it's like....f*cking Wonder bread, f*cking Perdue, Kraft cheese taste like schit, everything is Megacorp food.

Thankfully I live in a place with diverse community and I know where to get good quality food.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Because they have no sense of taste.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

TheFlush
^^^
TheHRchannel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheHRchannel
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

Every group has someone annoying. Not just vegetarians and vegans.

Another thing is that I'll spread messages about veganism regardless of the opinions of majority. Just because you "don't like it" doesn't mean we are shoving our views. I will talk about veganism but if people don't want to listen then they don't have to. I give people the option whether they want to know about the facts on factory farming or not.

The only time I talk about veganism in people's face is pretty much when people ask me about it. I do not use the "PETA" kind of approach but rather talk to them in a calm manner. I've learned many things about being vegan and noticed that more are willing to listen if I use a more positive approach rather than the "meat is murder" attitude. Let's not forget that almost everything at some point of their lives will talk about something they strongly believe in, especially in terms of politics and religion.

There's nothing wrong with talking about what you feel strong about but what you have to be careful for is how you approach to others. If you ever get to know me personally, you will see that I'm not not like on of those vegans who have those "meat eaters should go to hell" attitude. I became more tolerant of differences and accepted that we have so many flaws that no one is morally perfect.

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFlush"]

themajormayor

^^^

Pretty much why i became vegan.I don't go around telling people not to eat meat.They can eat what they like.I just want people to respect why i don't eat meat ¬¬

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="TheFlush"]

Kats_RK

^^^

Pretty much why i became vegan.I don't go around telling people not to eat meat.They can eat what they like.I just want people to respect why i don't eat meat ¬¬

Same here.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Matthew-first

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

ziggyww

Look what Ramsay did...
He ate a beating heart.

Exactly.
Factories should just Respect their lives.

edit (I mean make it open areas on fresh air and let them eat what they want... and live long)

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#93 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Beats me... I would get really bored at the lack of variety after a week or so if I tried a vegan diet. Would be really hard to get the protein I require for weight training too.

zenogandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 zenogandia

The thing about me, that religious fanatics should learn is that I don't try to convert people. It's a personal thing, but I don't need to shove down anyones throat. If they want to convert they'll do it on their own.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="Matthew-first"]

That's how world works.

Matthew-first

Look what Ramsay did...
He ate a beating heart.

i may i ask what you use in sub of surgar? Don't tell me you use sweet low thats used to kill lab rats...

also i 100% agree on the frog thing. i refuse to eat somethings because, the kill/growth method. ducks, lobsters, ect

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I'm a Vegetarian just for ethical reasons but I don't pester people about it as everyone is different and has different dietary needs. I can sustain myself perfectly fine a vegetarian diet but for other people that might not be practical.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#97 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Meat isn't the healthiest food choice. As I get older I eventually want to cut it out of my diet... but not quite yet.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Vegetables and fruits are a very healthy choice of diet as it acts as an antioxidant and has many more healthy benefits.

However, there are still some amino acids and proteins that are only present as a sufficent amount in meat.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 theone86

Beats me... I would get really bored at the lack of variety after a week or so if I tried a vegan diet. Would be really hard to get the protein I require for weight training too.

nooblet69

I've tried more foods since I've gone vegetarian than when I ate meat. There are a lot of vegetables that work very well as a main course (eggplant, protabello mushrooms) and there are lots of different ways to prepare them. There are soups, gespacho, very tasty salads, plenty of things to eat without getting bored. As for protein, there's beans, nuts, legumes, and foods made from them like hommus. There are also supplements. Arian Foster is a vegan, if he can do it then anyone can.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I blame the liberal media.