Why do i have such a jealousy problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 RabidChocobo1
Member since 2008 • 746 Posts

Whenever my gf talks to one of her guy friends, even though hes just a friend shes not even that close with, i get pissed at her (even though i try not to show it because id look like a psycho if i got angry at her just for being friends with another guy)

Anyone else like this? :( or am i alone in this

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It's normal to feel jealousy to an extent - key is just to not focus on it or it'll drive you crazy.
M1MyRifle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 M1MyRifle
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts

Just don't go flipping Ape **** and be cool, a little bit of jealousy is healthy and just means that you care for her

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

Maybe you have low self-esteem?

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RabidChocobo1

entropyecho

dont think so :( i feel pretty good about myself actually

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

entropyecho
It's not a maybe. It is -- with that, you lose trust on her because you fear she will do something to you.
RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RabidChocobo1

[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

Sajedene

It's not a maybe. It is -- with that, you lose trust on her because you fear she will do something to you.

Okay, im sure every trust issue is related directly to my self esteem issue. So if i have a hard time trusting my new friend its just tha i have a low self esteem? Im betting that youre bitter about a past relationship so youre judging me off of little information right now

DMUNY22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DMUNY22
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

Whenever my gf talks to one of her guy friends, even though hes just a friend shes not even that close with, i get pissed at her (even though i try not to show it because id look like a psycho if i got angry at her just for being friends with another guy)

RabidChocobo1

Jeaslosy is very healthy, but Trust is even more healthy. If you establish really really good Trust with your girl, or anyone, it makes it extremely difficult to wrong that person. Place your trust in her, tell he you'd be crush if she did something stupid with another man, well alot more detailed then that, and establishing that, you know she couldnt hurt you, if she gives her trust back. This will take time though trust is built strongly only through time... GOOD LUCK ;)

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="entropyecho"]

RabidChocobo1

Okay, im sure every trust issue is related directly to my self esteem issue. So if i have a hard time trusting my new friend its just tha i have a low self esteem? Im betting that youre bitter about a past relationship so youre judging me off of little information right now

Um actually no... your jealousy and lack of trust is not YOUR girlfriend's issue but yours. The reason being is that you have self esteem issues. Why is it that YOU think YOUR girl will do something to cheat on you? Are you not providing enough for her? Is there something about you that you feel is lacking that you think she needs to go looking for it somewhere else? I mean... the fact that you had to attack me for pointing it out means you cannot accept that you have problems with yourself so you feel the need to lash out and project -- which is EXACTLY what you do with your girl when she talks to other guys.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Should probably work on your confidence TC :?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

RabidChocobo1

I'm not Are you unsure of your girlfriends loyalty? Do you question your relationship, I don't see really any other reason to be jealous of that.

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RabidChocobo1

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

[QUOTE="Sajedene"] It's not a maybe. It is -- with that, you lose trust on her because you fear she will do something to you. Sajedene

Um actually no... your jealousy and lack of trust is not YOUR girlfriend's issue but yours. The reason being is that you have self esteem issues. Why is it that YOU think YOUR girl will do something to cheat on you? Are you not providing enough for her? Is there something about you that you feel is lacking that you think she needs to go looking for it somewhere else? I mean... the fact that you had to attack me for pointing it out means you cannot accept that you have problems with yourself so you feel the need to lash out and project -- which is EXACTLY what you do with your girl when she talks to other guys.

You know, i thought youd assume i was being defensive when i "lashed out" at you. But you cant judge me from what you barely know about me, if you know a thing about me, actually. You know i was hoping for a non-obvious psychological reason why i may be like this, because before posting here i knew that it wasnt because of self esteem issues.
As for providing for her, im justa teenager so what could i possibly provide for her other than a relationship....which i do.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

Just don't go flipping Ape **** and be cool, a little bit of jealousy is healthy and just means that you care for her

M1MyRifle
Exactly. Whenever my ex's went out with a guy friend, naturally, I'd be a little worried, but I knew she'd come back to me. Just know that she's with you for a reason, that should help you out. Also, if you wanna mess with her, go out with an ex-girlfriend for lunch to catch up with her. I did that once, and my ex, started freaking out a bit.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"][QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

RabidChocobo1

You know, i thought youd assume i was being defensive when i "lashed out" at you. But you cant judge me from what you barely know about me, if you know a thing about me, actually. You know i was hoping for a non-obvious psychological reason why i may be like this, because before posting here i knew that it wasnt because of self esteem issues.
As for providing for her, im justa teenager so what could i possibly provide for her other than a relationship....which i do.

Providing as in -- emotional, intellectual, stimulating, humor, companionship, etc provisions... does not mean monetary.

I am not the only one in this thread saying it is your esteem issues. Get some confidence in yourself. You are playing defensive right now HOPING you'd hear a better, perhaps easier to fix answer. But jealousy based on unfounded reasons are caused by ones self esteem issues. Nothing else. Any possible hormonal or psychological imbalance you would have would not make you jealous but could be the reason for your anger issues though. It all ties in...

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
A little jealousy can be normal, but at some point dude you just gotta trust the girl and accept that worrying about such things is only going to hurt.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
That's because you know how we guys are. Blink for a second and we'll be trying to pry her away from you :P
RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RabidChocobo1

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

[QUOTE="Sajedene"] Um actually no... your jealousy and lack of trust is not YOUR girlfriend's issue but yours. The reason being is that you have self esteem issues. Why is it that YOU think YOUR girl will do something to cheat on you? Are you not providing enough for her? Is there something about you that you feel is lacking that you think she needs to go looking for it somewhere else? I mean... the fact that you had to attack me for pointing it out means you cannot accept that you have problems with yourself so you feel the need to lash out and project -- which is EXACTLY what you do with your girl when she talks to other guys.Sajedene

Providing as in -- emotional, intellectual, stimulating, humor, companionship, etc provisions... does not mean monetary.

I am not the only one in this thread saying it is your esteem issues. Get some confidence in yourself. You are playing defensive right now HOPING you'd hear a better, perhaps easier to fix answer. But jealousy based on unfounded reasons are caused by ones self esteem issues. Nothing else. Any possible hormonal or psychological imbalance you would have would not make you jealous but could be the reason for your anger issues though. It all ties in...

Im not the kind of person to lie to myself (or at least, TRY to lie to myself) Im actually considering the possibility of me having self esteem issues(thanks to this thread) the only reason i dont believe i have self esteem issues is that i cant really find a reason to. I get good grades, im smart (some people call me arrogant sometimes) i play some sports, im pretty good at them, (i may be short), but my gf tells me my penis size is perfect (gasp he said penis Or is there some other hidden reason that ill have to do some inconvenient soul searching for?

also, i do provide those things... at least i like to think so...y...yeah i do

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

RabidChocobo1

Im not the kind of person to lie to myself (or at least, TRY to lie to myself) Im actually considering the possibility of me having self esteem issues(thanks to this thread) the only reason i dont believe i have self esteem issues is that i cant really find a reason to. I get good grades, im smart (some people call me arrogant sometimes) i play some sports, im pretty good at them, (i may be short), but my gf tells me my penis size is perfect (gasp he said penis Or is there some other hidden reason that ill have to do some inconvenient soul searching for?

You can be the perfect guy in the world with everything going for you but still have esteem issues. With that said... if you think your life is good and you are providing... ask yourself what it is about your girl talking to her guy friends piss you off? Because it can't be anything she's doing based on what you said... what is it about her talking to others that gets you riled up, pissed off, and thinking that she shouldn't be allowed to talk to others but you?

RabidChocobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RabidChocobo1

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

[QUOTE="Sajedene"] Providing as in -- emotional, intellectual, stimulating, humor, companionship, etc provisions... does not mean monetary.

Sajedene

You can be the perfect guy in the world with everything going for you but still have esteem issues. With that said... if you think your life is good and you are providing... ask yourself what it is about your girl talking to her guy friends piss you off? Because it can't be anything she's doing based on what you said... what is it about her talking to others that gets you riled up, pissed off, and thinking that she shouldn't be allowed to talk to others but you?

Im not sure.. ill think on the subject... and ill talk about it with my gf.. thanks for offering your insight and keeping it civil :)

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sajedene

[QUOTE="Sajedene"]

[QUOTE="RabidChocobo1"]

RabidChocobo1

Im not sure.. ill think on the subject... and ill talk about it with my gf.. thanks for offering your insight and keeping it civil :)

No worries. A little bit of jealousy is normal - but when it comes to a point where you think it is a problem... then it could be. So best nip it in the bud now rather than later when it could have greater consequences. And yes, definitely talk to her and tell her how you feel... that almost always helps more than you will think.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Because you don't trust your girlfriend. If you trust her to remain faithful to you, you won't have a problem with jealousy at all. Her guys friends will just be that, guy friends... and if you are doing your job as boyfriend, she won't have any reason to leave you.

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

I think it's natural for everyone to be a bit jealous or at least concerned when their significant other is close to other guys/girls. It's the people that let their s.o. do whatever they want that I worry about! I'm in a committed relationship and while I have guy friends, I'm not best friends or overly friendly with any of them. I have no desire to hang out with any of them alone or go out with them alone. My boyfriend has become my best friend and no other guys can really compare. So I guess I don't have these kinda issues really because now that I've found someone that's so important to me, no one else comes close. My boyfriend has nothing to get jealous about. Maybe other people have this kinda relationship too, I don't know. But this is what works for me, so maybe if you 2 get to this kinda place it'll be different for you? Good luck, anyway. Don't get too crazy or jealous but don't be afraid to keep your eyes peeled.