Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?

#1 Edited by playmynutz (5965 posts) -

Jehovah is righteous in all his ways

All his ways are justice

A God of faithfulness who is never unjust; righteous and upright is he

Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful

Do you feel better?

#2 Posted by Randolph (10419 posts) -

Yahweh/Jehovah is a god of love... who burns any of his children who question him on that forever.

#3 Posted by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

Why shouldn't bad things happen to good people?

#4 Posted by konvikt_17 (22128 posts) -

Bad things happen to everyone

#5 Posted by bforrester420 (1193 posts) -

Chance.

#6 Posted by Brain_Duster (380 posts) -
#7 Edited by Alienware_fan (1499 posts) -

Bad things happen to all people. And Stop blaming god for everything.

#8 Edited by Korvus (2804 posts) -

It's not everyday that we have the chance to teach someone the phrase "Shit happens" =P

#9 Posted by elkoldo (953 posts) -

That's just the full half of the glass.The empty half ( I mean what's even worse) is that good things almost always happen to bad people.

#10 Edited by krazykarl0419 (4051 posts) -

Bad and good things happen to everyone. Look for the lesson behind everything. If you're suggesting that only good things happen to good people, and bad things to bad people, then you're asking for favoritism, not equality.

#11 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

Because they don't pray enough.

#12 Posted by Master_Live (13931 posts) -

Bad and good things happen to everyone. Look for the lesson behind everything. If you're suggesting that only good things happen to good people, and bad things to bad people, then you're asking for favoritism, not equality.

Some people would call that fairness not favoritism.

#13 Edited by PonchoTaco (1930 posts) -

Why do good things happen to bad people?

#14 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3726 posts) -

cause god is evil.

he laughs at your pain.

#15 Posted by KHAndAnime (13275 posts) -

There's no such thing as a good person.

#16 Posted by XilePrincess (13111 posts) -

Because life isn't on a system of points that increases the amount of good that happens to you when you do good for others.

I'm a good person, and the Jehovahs still keep knocking on my door. I'd consider that a 'bad thing' happening to me.

#17 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (160 posts) -

No such thing as god or satan

#18 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -

@XilePrincess: They're properly addressed as "the Witnesses."(though I personally refer to them as " the Jay Dubs.")

And since they're the only ones who go around using God's name as liberally as possible, I'll operate on the assumption that they are who we're discussing based on the opening quote. That means that you, @Randolph, are wrong- Jay Dubs believe that when you die out of God's favor, you just die. Your consciousness is just snuffed out- no purgatory, no hellfire and torment, no eternity in icy blackness. Just death.

#19 Edited by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -

As for the topic at hand, the short answer is this: it's a bet. Read Job and then apply it to all humanity and you'll get your answer.

#20 Posted by MrGeezer (56019 posts) -

@krazykarl0419 said:

Some people would call that fairness not favoritism.

People's goodness is largely defined by how they react to the bad rather than the good. If you're a good person and therefore nothing bad happens to you, how the hell can you confidently say that you're a good person? It's EASY to be good when everything is going well, the real test is how people act when things are going badly.

But beyond that, "fairness" is a childish expectation to have. I mean, that is LITERALLY a childish expectation. You constantly hear kids complaining, "but that's not fair", as if that matters. No, what matters is what you freaking do about it.

#21 Edited by hippiesanta (9755 posts) -

Jehovah is righteous in all his ways

yes ...... Jenova Chen is God

#22 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (705 posts) -

Because us humans are smart and dumb dumbs at the same time.