Why aren't gun-lovers lobbying for the right to own rocket launchers?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts

If you're gonna defend yourself against a tyrannical government in this day and age, then you should have the right to own the weapons necessary to destroy tanks and fighter jets.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts
where's my personal missile defense system??!?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

Rocket launchers are legal; they simply require the right paperwork.

How do you think St. Augustine(Castillo de San Marcos) still uses Cannons daily? Construction crew use TNT too, so explosives are legal.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Because I'm sure they are already legal to own, you just need the proper permits. They just cost a small fortune (not including the ammunition). Edit: *shakes fist at fightingfan*
whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Because I'm sure they are already legal to own, you just need the proper permits. They just cost a small fortune (not including the ammunition). Edit: *shakes fist at fightingfan*Zeviander
I wonder what it's like to take one of those things to a firing range, I wonder if the people nearby get shocked at the noise.

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chickity_China

How do you think St. Augustine(Castillo de San Marcos) still uses Cannons daily? Construction crew use TNT too, so explosives are legal.

Fightingfan

You can't have a rocket launcher that's loaded.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
I play with my rocket launcher everyday.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Owning a rocket launcher + indefinite detention of "suspected" "terrorists" that seems awfully dangerous
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
You can't have a rocket launcher that's loaded.Chickity_China
Guess that rules out SMAWs.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Chickity_China

Who's gonna make me unload it if I have one loaded?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Dumb question, but those kind of this are technically legal, you just need the proper permits (just like fully automatic weapons).

The issue with explosives, especially military grade high explosives, isn't their use against other people, it's the proper storage and handling of such explosives. You can't just lock the up in a gun safe in your garage like you can with ammunition.

There is a reasonable level of control on harmful devices that we exercise on a daily basis in the interest of public safety. Modern ammunition and modern firearms do not just randomly go off. It's been declared safe to store locally, thus we can buy and sell them without having to have rigorous permits.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fightingfan

Dumb question, but those kind of this are technically legal, you just need the proper permits (just like fully automatic weapons).

The issue with explosives, especially military grade high explosives, isn't their use against other people, it's the proper storage and handling of such explosives. You can't just lock the up in a gun safe in your garage like you can with ammunition.

Wasdie
That's what I'd assume as well; you would probably have to prove you have the means to store the explosions safely.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I want access to every weapon the government has.
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

Fightingfan

Who's gonna make me unload it if I have one loaded?

You're breaking the law and paying a hefty fine or serving jail time, as with anyone who breaks the law.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Fightingfan

That's what I'd assume as well; you would probably have to prove you have the means to store the explosions safely.

Yeah, that red tape costs a boat load of money. So much so that the average person does not have the means to aquire them.

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

thegerg

Yes you can, as you have the proper permits, paperwork, taxstamps, background checks, etc.. Stop spreading misinformation. Ignorance FTL.

And the money to pay hundreds of dollars per round and the patience to wait up to half a year just for your order of rockets to come in right? I'm sure you can all afford that luxury during a revolution. Why not make rockets as easy to buy as bullets? That's what we all need.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

Chickity_China

Yes you can, as you have the proper permits, paperwork, taxstamps, background checks, etc.. Stop spreading misinformation. Ignorance FTL.

And the money to pay hundreds of dollars per round and the patience to wait up to half a year just for your order of rockets to come in right? I'm sure you can all afford that luxury during a revolution. Why not make rockets as easy to buy as bullets? That's what we all need.

It doesn't matter if we can't afford em, or if they're hard to obtain, it's having the legal right to obtain such things. I can't afford a Ferrari, lets ban Ferraris and give everyone a Toyota Corolla.
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Yes you can, as you have the proper permits, paperwork, taxstamps, background checks, etc.. Stop spreading misinformation. Ignorance FTL.Fightingfan

It doesn't matter if we can't afford em, or if they're hard to obtain, it's having the legal right to obtain such things. I can't afford a Ferrari, lets ban Ferraris and give everyone a Toyota Corolla.

They why are gun-lovers getting all up in arms over the new gun regulations making firearms harder to optain?

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Yes you can, as you have the proper permits, paperwork, taxstamps, background checks, etc.. Stop spreading misinformation. Ignorance FTL.thegerg

Stop moving the goalposts. You're attempting to spread misinformation (either that or you're simply ignorant yourself) to other users in order to make some kind of point. It's childish and dishonest.

Stop avoiding the question.

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Yes you can, as you have the proper permits, paperwork, taxstamps, background checks, etc.. Stop spreading misinformation. Ignorance FTL.Fightingfan

They why are gun-lovers getting all up in arms over the new gun regulations making firearms harder to optain?

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Stop moving the goalposts. You're attempting to spread misinformation (either that or you're simply ignorant yourself) to other users in order to make some kind of point. It's childish and dishonest.thegerg

Which question? "And the money to pay hundreds of dollars per round and the patience to wait up to half a year just for your order of rockets to come in right?" That's not even a complete thought. Try constructing a real question. "Why not make rockets as easy to buy as bullets?" Because there are fewer of them available, and there is less of a demand. Making them easier to buy would artificially deflate their price, screwing over their owner. It would also be just plain silly from an economics standpoint. Flooding the market with something for which there is so little demand is pointless. I suggest that you take an introduction to economics course.

If there's low demand, the price would be low. You take an econ 101 course. Lol.

jackfruitchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jackfruitchips
Member since 2012 • 1065 Posts

I need teh missile launcher

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

Chickity_China

Which question? "And the money to pay hundreds of dollars per round and the patience to wait up to half a year just for your order of rockets to come in right?" That's not even a complete thought. Try constructing a real question. "Why not make rockets as easy to buy as bullets?" Because there are fewer of them available, and there is less of a demand. Making them easier to buy would artificially deflate their price, screwing over their owner. It would also be just plain silly from an economics standpoint. Flooding the market with something for which there is so little demand is pointless. I suggest that you take an introduction to economics course.

If there's low demand, the price would be low. You take an econ 101 course. Lol.

Not if there's almost no to no supply.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#30 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

If you're gonna defend yourself against a tyrannical government in this day and age, then you should have the right to own the weapons necessary to destroy tanks and fighter jets.

Chickity_China

When the government comes to take our freedom and weapons we won't need rocket launchers, tecnology, or anti air defenses to destroy military vehicles all we need is a rifle, because holding a rifle turns you into the perfect mix of Arnold/Stollone/Reb Brown. They will rip tanks apart with their teeth because their hands will of course be duel wielding and mowing down the government lackies.

Other answer

Bows to fire sticks of dynamite

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
What with all these helicopters crashing I feel the need to defend my property. I demand the right to own a fully functioning Centurion C-Ram as well as a hand held FIM-92 Stinger anti-air missile launcher. Also death rays. They say they don't exist yet but I know they do and I want one.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Because very few of them actually want to own rocket launchers, presumably.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Because the guy with the rocket launcher is always the team killer. Always.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Haven't you been to the movie theatre and it tells you to turn off all bazookas until after the movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

The Taliban are doing a pretty damn good job keeping the US military at bay and they don't have tanks or jets or missile systems.....

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
legalize nukes
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
well, if you really believe that the 2nd amendment is to protect yourself from government tyranny you should be lobbying for rocket launchers, I mean the government and their enforcers of oppression have armored vehicles so anti-tyranny freedom fighters are going to need something that packs a punch
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

The Taliban are doing a pretty damn good job keeping the US military at bay and they don't have tanks or jets or missile systems.....

Storm_Marine

And the Afghanis made it real hard for the Soviets... as much as the North Vietnamese made it hard for the US.

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chickity_China
[QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

[QUOTE="thegerg"] Which question? "And the money to pay hundreds of dollars per round and the patience to wait up to half a year just for your order of rockets to come in right?" That's not even a complete thought. Try constructing a real question. "Why not make rockets as easy to buy as bullets?" Because there are fewer of them available, and there is less of a demand. Making them easier to buy would artificially deflate their price, screwing over their owner. It would also be just plain silly from an economics standpoint. Flooding the market with something for which there is so little demand is pointless. I suggest that you take an introduction to economics course. MrPraline

So the demand is low then. Why is demand so low when it's in the best interest of Americans to arm themselves against a government that has the most advanced military in the world at it's disposal?
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chickity_China
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]well, if you really believe that the 2nd amendment is to protect yourself from government tyranny you should be lobbying for rocket launchers, I mean the government and their enforcers of oppression have armored vehicles so anti-tyranny freedom fighters are going to need something that packs a punchthegerg
Who are you to tell others for what they should lobby? Let others lobby for what they wish, it's not up to you, kiddo.

That's why gun lobbyists are idiots.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="lamprey263"]well, if you really believe that the 2nd amendment is to protect yourself from government tyranny you should be lobbying for rocket launchers, I mean the government and their enforcers of oppression have armored vehicles so anti-tyranny freedom fighters are going to need something that packs a punchChickity_China
Who are you to tell others for what they should lobby? Let others lobby for what they wish, it's not up to you, kiddo.

I wouldnt say they are idiots. Far from it - given how powerful their lobby is.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Chickity_China"]

Chickity_China

So the demand is low then. Why is demand so low when it's in the best interest of Americans to arm themselves against a government that has the most advanced military in the world at it's disposal?

As has been explained a couple times already, the facilities and resources needed to properly store and dispose of these things is a huge barrier to entry. Firearms and firearm ammo is just more practical.

Then again, I don't complain about the people that are able to own them legally.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Arms are interpreted differently by everyone. Obviously hundreds of pounds of C4 is different than a pistol. Think its mainly the problem when it comes to the issue of the second amendment, people have differing opinions on what constitutes a reasonable 'arm' to possess.
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chickity_China
[QUOTE="sonicare"][QUOTE="Chickity_China"][QUOTE="thegerg"] Who are you to tell others for what they should lobby? Let others lobby for what they wish, it's not up to you, kiddo.

I wouldnt say they are idiots. Far from it - given how powerful their lobby is.

Just because there are a lot of them doesn't mean they're not idiots.
Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chickity_China

[QUOTE="Chickity_China"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Not if there's almost no to no supply.VoodooHak

As has been explained a couple times already, the facilities and resources needed to properly store and dispose of these things is a huge barrier to entry. Firearms and firearm ammo is just more practical.

Then again, I don't complain about the people that are able to own them legally.

Try destroying a tank or shooting down a fighter jet with an AR15 then we can discuss practical.
Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i want my own f16. i am guns pro but not for the insane reasons some people give ie. fight against government

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
where's my personal missile defense system??!?comp_atkins