Why are these drugs illegal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thanatos465
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

Cannabis

Psilocybin mushrooms

Lysergic acid diethylamide

I dont get it why are these illegal and not Alcohol or Cigeeretes both kill more people in a year then the others do in a lifetime and weed and shrooms are natural

YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 YeahYes
Member since 2002 • 7128 Posts

well for LSD and shrooms its because those kind of drugs can breed questioning of the government

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

well for LSD and shrooms its because those kind of drugs can breed questioning of the government

YeahYes
So can books though. I mean, I literally checked out Guerilla Warfare from a public library.
Avatar image for zombieswhatever
zombieswhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zombieswhatever
Member since 2007 • 114 Posts
you know i've always said someone should rid the world of Cigeeretes.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Well Marijuana severely disables your motor skills.
Alcohol does too, but Marijuana does more so.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i couldnt give you a good reason why weed is illegal. shrooms i can understand. ive been stuck babysitting people on shroom trips and, even though it was funny as hell, i wouldnt trust them by themselves.
YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YeahYes
[QUOTE="YeahYes"]

quiglythegreat

So can books though. I mean, I literally checked out Guerilla Warfare from a public library.

Yeah but they don't have the power to ban books yet.

Oh and the feds can check your library records, so if they saw Guerilla warfare or steal this book or something they might know about it.

Quiet-Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Quiet-Key
Member since 2007 • 499 Posts

you know i've always said someone should rid the world of Cigeeretes.zombieswhatever

You'd think that would be a good idea, but no government in the world is going to outlaw them as their economy depends on the tobacco companies.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 quiglythegreat

what affect does cannabis have on you? i cant remember

i thought it makes you laugh a lot of something. i might be confusing it with something else

REforever101
Marijauana...?
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="YeahYes"]

YeahYes

Yeah but they don't have the power to ban books yet.

Oh and the feds can check your library records, so if they saw Guerilla warfare or steal this book or something they might know about it.

Theoretically, that is not allowed to happen. They don't have the power to ban books because of the First Amendment.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
DJ-PRIME90
that couldn't be farther from the truth.
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts

They possess a human being and turn him into a species that we try not to speak of... hippies.

Thanatos465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thanatos465
Member since 2007 • 436 Posts

They possess a human being and turn him into a species that we try not to speak of... hippies.

EboyLOL
ur sig is hippieish
EboyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 EboyLOL
Member since 2006 • 5358 Posts
[QUOTE="EboyLOL"]

Thanatos465
ur sig is hippieish

I disagree. A picture of a musician soulfully playing is not necessarily hippieish, however, if there were arrangements oftrippy colors in the backround then that would be a different story.
solidscryer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 solidscryer
Member since 2005 • 5661 Posts
The after-effects of it. My friend's really stupid now since he smoked $360 worth of weed.
amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.
YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 YeahYes

the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.amob

you can't OD on any of those listed though, and longterm health effects, there are none.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 quiglythegreat
the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.amob
I kind of disagree. People are way more likely to die from alcohol anyway because of how much it impairs you and because it takes so long to get a strong effect that you just keep going anyway.
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts

[QUOTE="amob"]the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.YeahYes

you can't OD on any of those listed though, and longterm health effects, there are none.

Cannabis is cancer causing.

Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Loonie
Member since 2003 • 3455 Posts

DJ-PRIME90

Not true. Obviously you have either never smoked weed or never been drunk. Also it depends on how much you have taken.

Drinking makes you crazy, weed is much better at the time, I don't know what the long term effects may be though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

I kind of disagree. People are way more likely to die from alcohol anyway because of how much it impairs you and because it takes so long to get a strong effect that you just keep going anyway.
quiglythegreat

There is a big difference between use and abuse...

Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Loonie
[QUOTE="YeahYes"]

[QUOTE="amob"]the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.Nick11478

So is alcohol and tobacco. Tobacco moreso.

Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Loonie

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]I kind of disagree. People are way more likely to die from alcohol anyway because of how much it impairs you and because it takes so long to get a strong effect that you just keep going anyway.
LJS9502_basic

Yes there is and I would argue its far easier to abuse alcohol than cannabis. I'm sure most people who drink have had a night where they have drank too much. You can't really smoke too much weed, you hit a certain point and thats where you stay.

If it turns into everyday use that is when it is abuse, but you can get that with alcohol too. Certainly you do with tobacco.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 quiglythegreat

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]I kind of disagree. People are way more likely to die from alcohol anyway because of how much it impairs you and because it takes so long to get a strong effect that you just keep going anyway.
LJS9502_basic

Sure there is. Alcohol can be used rather than abused about as easily as a lot of drugs. There are even functional alcoholics.
dooly420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dooly420
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
[QUOTE="YeahYes"]

[QUOTE="amob"]the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.Nick11478

no it doesn't.
Thyeora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Thyeora
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts
Alcohol would kill you before you got as high as shrooms and LSD make you. And LSD can flashback.
Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Loonie

The after-effects of it. My friend's really stupid now since he smoked $360 worth of weed.solidscryer

Chances are you're friend was really stupid anyway. Either that or I was a genius at 13.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

Marijuana is good for supressing my anger, that way I don't snap on my lady.

Cigs I've never been fond of since there's some ingredient in them that no matter what brand, I always end up feeling super dizzy and nauseous. Alcohol, I got to drunk off of hard liquor one timethat anytime I smellor taste any sort of hard liquor, I get watery cheeks and that taste like I'm about to puke. All I stick to is bud on the weekends.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

quiglythegreat

Sure there is. Alcohol can be used rather than abused about as easily as a lot of drugs. There are even functional alcoholics.

Uh....yeah but the use of alcohol in and of itself doesn't kill you if you're responsible...and there are actually some health benefits. Abuse is totally different, of course.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic

Yes there is and I would argue its far easier to abuse alcohol than cannabis. I'm sure most people who drink have had a night where they have drank too much. You can't really smoke too much weed, you hit a certain point and thats where you stay.

If it turns into everyday use that is when it is abuse, but you can get that with alcohol too. Certainly you do with tobacco.

Loonie

But not everyone who drinks is doing so to get drunk...and many have only a drink or two....not abuse. On the other hand, there are people that exist that smoke every day.

And to be honest, using the argument against alcohol does little to create an atmosphere ofacceptance toward legalizinganother potential problem.

peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts

Because it's the simplest way to contain the people who do not "play nice" under the influence.

They tried outlawing alcohol in the US once, that didn't turn out well though.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

The after-effects of it. My friend's really stupid now since he smoked $360 worth of weed.solidscryer

An ounce of budcould not have had made your friendany more stupid thanwhat he already was. He would've either fallen asleep or just given up smoking after a bit. I can see people spending up to that much for some "Yayo" and go on binges, but marijuana?, please.......

Loonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Loonie
[QUOTE="Loonie"]

LJS9502_basic

But not everyone who drinks is doing so to get drunk...and many have only a drink or two....not abuse. On the other hand, there are people that exist that smoke every day.

And to be honest, using the argument against alcohol does little to create an atmosphere ofacceptance toward legalizinganother potential problem.

I agree with you, there is nothing wrong with responsible drinking. But I don't think there is anything wrong with responsible drug taking either.

You use the argument that there are people who smoke weed everyday but there are also people who get drunk everyday. Some people who do nothing but get drunk. Some people go out every friday and saturday and get so drunk they wake up not remembering what happend the night before.

This is so common there is even a term for it; binge drinking.

Something like 70% of violent crime is caused by drunks. That may not be totally correct because I am just going from memory but it is somewhere in that region, at least in the UK.

mgreener_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 mgreener_34
Member since 2006 • 5181 Posts

[QUOTE="amob"]the reason cigs and alcohol kill more people is because they are legal while the drugs you listed are not. therefore, more people smoke and drink than do those drugs.YeahYes

actualy piff can **** your mind up after long time uses :? well thats what i learned anyway. And why are they illigal? I dont think weed should be illigal, its realy isnt that bad. Alcohol though...imo the only reason people drink it is because they couldnt when they were younger
distructo91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 distructo91
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
Holy Crap it's Me
Avatar image for LIKETOPLAYGAMES
LIKETOPLAYGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 LIKETOPLAYGAMES
Member since 2007 • 327 Posts

Ummm...Did you reallyjust say that you can't OD on acid guy??...better do a little homework before goin around sayin that.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

Nick11478

Wrong. Its not carcinogenic, in fact...

Havard says it fights cancer. click here

So you must be thinking of cigarettes which are legal, and yet are loaded with carcinogenic chemicals you smoke on tobacco through foam.