Why are some people constantly absent/ late to school?!?!

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SuperSaiyanLink
SuperSaiyanLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SuperSaiyanLink
Member since 2003 • 19542 Posts

[QUOTE="i-like-pie"]Some people just dont care.Pirate700

This is the usual reason. They just don't care and they, for whatever reason, don't see being on time or early as being a big deal.

In college it isn't a big deal.

ZombieNoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 ZombieNoob
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

Don't know about absence. They probably don't like school. But I know about getting late. On the first class that is. Some of us having problems with waking up. And/or are just lazy.

BIG-BOSSMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 BIG-BOSSMAN
Member since 2010 • 594 Posts
there probably smoking over in the woods first period.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
why does it matter?
gate49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gate49
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
I don't think anybody cared at school, people use to just hang around outside for no reason before going into class. At college i don't understand why people are constantly late though, it really annoys me when the teacher has to go over the work again just for the sake of the person who can't be bothered to get there on time.
codesrc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 codesrc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Juan Tamad
quetzalcoatI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 quetzalcoatI
Member since 2010 • 627 Posts

Are you sure every single one of them is absent/late for the same reason every time?

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts
maybe they dont like school? i had pretty bad attendance because i never liked going to school. i just hated waking up early in the morning and then go school for 6 damn hours. good thing ive finished school now
Avatar image for LieutenantFeist
LieutenantFeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LieutenantFeist
Member since 2008 • 1529 Posts

I was like that when I was in school. I always made sure I showed up to every lesson early/on time if it was a subject I liked. But all the others, I was almost always late or didn't show up. If I know I can pass the subject and don't care about the grade in that particular subject, then I don't need to be early or attend every lesson.

TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

I used to have a 41 mile commute to make which indeed made it a pain getting to school on time and lead to alot of absences and tardies lets just say in the mornings when I would drive, it'd be slow and tied up as could be lol

Though nowadays my commute is only 6 miles so naturally my attendance in college has shot up, I go to community college anyways so nobody is real strict if you're a few minutes late or something :P

MuddVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 MuddVader
Member since 2007 • 6326 Posts

I wasnt a morning person + plus other things
I was once mistaken for someone who just plain didnt give a **** by a teacher (A delinquent, but I was actually trying for once in school at this time), because I was always a few minutes after the bell, when really, I was actually genuinely interested in the cIass(French).
I had just been making an attempt at Highschool after doing some alternative BS for 9th grade where I only had to go in twice a week, so of course it was hard to get into the groove of waking up and getting to school on time, but Its not like I could convey this to the teacher. I tried to get there on time, and I failed. Ended up going alternative again after I stopped going to that cIass

Some people also have home problems, health problems as mentioned, and so on.
There were some nights when I was in middle school where my family had big fights at like 2am (because of my sister[I liked to call them shouting matches =P]) and of course on those days I didnt go to school at all, or late.
Not to mention things like depression completely robbed me of my will to even want to try, so I stayed home as much as possible as well.
I was probably absent somewhere around what that girl was, if not much more in 7th grade alone.

LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

Me, I never get late, but I'm absent 2/6 of the time. I'm just that lazy, I guess but I'm an intellectual person believe me.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

Some have medical issues or other things which are of a higher priority other's are just delinquents. It's not like you can force a kid to go to class if they don't want to go.markop2003

Yes, its illegal for them not to..

stevoqwerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 stevoqwerty
Member since 2006 • 4029 Posts

I lived across the street from my high school and I used to be late everyday. I failed homeroom a few times. :?

jiggaloj

OMG that was like a kid in my homeroom, he live in the same street of my school and he's always late.

I only been late 3 times this year, but one of my friend has been absent for about100 days this year.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#65 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I didn't start becoming late all the time until I began driving. I'm just not a punctual person. I'm a good student and I still show up, but I'll just be five or ten minutes late. Now that I'm in college, none of my teachers really care.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo
I have to admit I'm the same way. I'm almost like that for work too... but because I work in management for my department.. they don't really care when I punch in or punch out as long as it's not extreme.
lindsball123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lindsball123
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I am one of these people, and truly, the most common reason is anxiety. When I was in Grade 4, people constantly bullied me. Now, I never learn because my teacher SUCKS!!! So that is one reason. Another is sleep deprivation, which is never fun. When you have insomnia or something similar to that, you never get enough sleep. On average, I go to sleep at about 3:00 a.m.! When I wake up, I feel like crap, and I can't get to school. Another reason is distraction. Once these people get out of bed and ready, they get distracted, by things such as computers, or fun objects. My final reason is just not feeling the need to go to school. When you have a terrible teacher, like I do, you feel like you don't have to go to school, because you won't learn. Sadly, you do, especially if you want to become a veterinarian like myself. Hope this answer helped, as I speak from personal experience. :)
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

lol another necro-thread....

I don't quite understand how anyone can be late, but I was absent because I simply couldn't put up with the bullcrap at my high school. Sometimes ditched entire marking periods at a time...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I know there can be legitimate issues for lateness, but if it's just a lack of focus or care, I have no sympathy. I always start my classes on time, and I really dislike the interruptions that late students provide.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Because school is boring.. well, it's boring at home too.
FuggaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FuggaJ
Member since 2012 • 318 Posts
Because school sux
Avatar image for BenedictArnold7
BenedictArnold7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BenedictArnold7
Member since 2012 • 743 Posts

I was constantly absent my junior year in high school... and I cut classes senior year and junior year A LOT. I did it because I hated my classes/the people in them... and I could get away with it. Sometimes I would ask to go to the bathroom and never comeb back or come back at the end of the class... and for whatever reason nobody would ever get me in trouble.

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Never came late in school. I guess it was because of the harsh penalties they'd give you if you were late

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
You'd be surprised how many people come from broken homes
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I'm not at all a punctual person by nature, but I don't come late to class. There's this one 8:00 am class that I haven't gone to in over a month, but that class is cake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
I know it is a plus to arrive on time to work/school, people really appreciate that. I took a history class where i didn't go to class at all just for the final exam and got a B. i think it is a waste of money for those who show up late or don't show up at all to school, it is redundant to pay and not show up
moneymatterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 moneymatterz
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

sorry im late to the thread, guys. what did i miss?

Kats_RK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kats_RK
Member since 2010 • 2080 Posts

I'm one of those kids who are adsent half of the time and always late.I've never been early to school in my life.

All i can say for myself is I'm lazy.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Most people just don' t care that much about school and only go when exam period comes(and most likely fail to pass). Others are just lazy or have other things to do which is something I can understand.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

i skipped a lot and was late a lot but ive had a job for 7 or 8 months now 4 days a week sometimes 5 and ive been late (other then like late bus) and ive never missed a day either. i seriously have not got sick in like such a long **** time

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Various reasons: Noninterest, schools are crappy, medical reasons, etc.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#81 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I often blame television. You can't start Sesame Street and not finish it, know what I'm saying?

SuperNovaftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 SuperNovaftw
Member since 2013 • 2500 Posts

maybe they are secretly superheroes.

PcGamingRig
Finally someone who understands...
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
Because they just don't care.
Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

People don't understand that they have to graduate to get anywhere until the last semester of their 5th year.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#85 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Some people have health issues. Some people have problems at home. Some people are deliquents. Also, some people don't give a sh*t about class.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

They don't believe in alarm clocks or they're the ones that stay up until 2 am on a school night for no apparent reason. 

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts
if it's college some classes don't require attendance, just require you get your homework in on time, and show up to take tests, I've often done this in classes I could get away with it in
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

It could be for any number of reasons. It's not like the system we live by is perfect and fitting for everyone. People have issues and many of those issues are the results of trying to maintain within the flawed system. Imo, it's fairly easy to understand and/or imagine why some don't show up, but it may be hard to fathom if you have a hive mentality.

lonewolfman10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lonewolfman10
Member since 2012 • 528 Posts

Lazy to go to class? At least that's how I am anyway

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I think I've only been late once this semester, and it was simply because I slept it. I was late last semester once because someone got into a fatal crash that blocked the main highway towards my university, but my professor was already aware, and it wasn't a problem.
Cefryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Cefryd
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

Incompetant teachers for some classes which makes it moreso worth my time Googling than listening to a woman in her 70s drone on about her life, rather than the subject at hand.

Teachers should have a lower retirement age - bunch of old farts.

johansburg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 johansburg
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

there are several reasons including Illness .

Data Recovery New York

xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Im one of those students. I was good up till this year, my junior year, and now its just gotten bad. There are reasons though, like for one, I just have not been able to sleep, Ill lay awake for 6 to 7 hours, then my alarms go off, and Im exhausted to go to school, and also I go to a school with stuck up people that think their hot **** and I honeslty cant stand any of them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#94 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I don't really like the ones that come late everyday. But i guess they can't help it