why are people such try hards nowadays?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

They try to seem all inspirational especially on facebook. I prefer more real people. I don't find people like that inspirational. They just are phony to me. There are some real people on facebook too but there is a lot of that when a lot these people really just are pretentious and ignorant themselves. There's a meme for everything nowadays. How you are supposed to be etc. It's kind of absurd. A lot of these people don't really try at certain things either. They don't really practice what they preach either. Brainwashed by media culture? I find other kinds of people inspirational I guess. People that don't have to be phony about it. There's something wrong with culture today. People aren't as inspirational as they think they are.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Is "Try Hards" a term now?

I guess I would rather people being of the mindset of trying hard and failing to do so rather than achieving the opposite.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Celtic_34

Trying at things is fine. There's just something narcissistic about a lot of people now when they aren't really aware of certain things. It's become this really boring rhetoric to me with a lot of people. I don't find them inspirational. I find them boring and missing something.

If anything I find myself not wanting to be like them at all. People lack real hearts.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Kind of agree, but I try not to be an asshole about it lol.

But yeah when I see some motivational bullcrap online I think "Yeah, and this applies to everyone because we are not unique and awesome people, one quote about one specific situation really applies to every situation"

Oooooh or those clickbait ad-articles where they go "this person quit their job and travelled the world on $0.15 a day! And you can too! Come see her hot biniki travel photos!"

@Celtic_34 said:

Trying at things is fine. There's just something narcissistic about a lot of people now when they aren't really aware of certain things. It's become this really boring rhetoric to me with a lot of people. I don't find them inspirational. I find them boring and missing something.

If anything I find myself not wanting to be like them at all. People lack real hearts.

Yeah, trying and sharing is fine, but preaching get's tiresome.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Celtic_34

@mrbojangles25 said:

Kind of agree, but I try not to be an asshole about it lol.

But yeah when I see some motivational bullcrap online I think "Yeah, and this applies to everyone because we are not unique and awesome people, one quote about one specific situation really applies to every situation"

Oooooh or those clickbait ad-articles where they go "this person quit their job and travelled the world on $0.15 a day! And you can too! Come see her hot biniki travel photos!"

@Celtic_34 said:

Yeah, trying and sharing is fine, but preaching get's tiresome.

I don't know how to explain it, there is just something impersonal about it and it's like being beaten over the head with crap repeatedly. Athletes used to praise God and now it's just different but the same. They all say the same things over and over in different ways. Whatever happened to just nice people. It is preachy and annoying. Don't ever say anything out of their bubble either with some of these people too you will find out how not kind they really are.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

I've been wondering that for the last 7 years.

Its simply because of the internet. Not only do people get to watch others but they want to act and do things for others to see.

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts

Theres a large number of reasons why people do that, but i suppose that the number 1 reason people do that would be the same reason there are so many individual you tube channels protesting and sharing their opinion with the rest of the world.....people are just dying to make a name for themselves in the media, plain and simple, like the metallica song says " you know its sad but true"

The number 2 reason would be that sometimes people just enjoy being heard for their individual opinion and really feel appreciated for their personal insights on certain topics.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Just do what the hell you want to do and ignore them.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Celtic_34

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Just do what the hell you want to do and ignore them.

I miss real people in general though. I wish I could do the hell what I want. Unfortunately there are so many control freaks out there nowadays. I can't go on the internet sometimes without someone taking what I said completely the wrong way. There is something just really wrong with people today.

It really is easier said than done. I think the internet people have no clue how ignorant they are in particular. You might even take what I'm saying here the wrong way but it is what it is. People are trying way too hard to brainwash people today or something over really petty crap when they bully innocent people and don't even know it. Can't take what they dish out either. Most of these people have no clue how ignorant they are either. They think they are doing good when they aren't.

In person is different. I can tell who is real and who isn't that way though and so can they. There is still too much bs out there.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#10 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

People trying to be inspirational is better than the callous nihilism you get on GameSpot Off Topic and other places on the internet.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

this works

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Celtic_34

@GreySeal9 said:

People trying to be inspirational is better than the callous nihilism you get on GameSpot Off Topic and other places on the internet.

I agree. It's not always as it seems either. I think moderators can even be very callous over very petty stuff. You can't even say some things nowadays without people being control freaks about it when they don't even know their own ignorance. There are reasons I know this and people aren't as kind or understanding as they think they are is all.

Bullying and all of it. People are trying to rid the world of bullying when they are bullies themselves and don't even know it. Political correctness gone wrong.

I'm a more kind and understanding person than people realize too. I haven't ended up like Trump yet though which is good. That was a joke too but also true. There are some things where people are very wrong about other people though and trying to be inspirational where they really don't get it themselves.

It's more in the actions and a lot of what is being taught is wrong. I see a lot of people more concerned with themselves vs trying to understand other people.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@comp_atkins:

With a meme like that, ya might as well just tell your victims to just kill themselves!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

I'm just being me.

In short, it's the way of the internet/social network for those who are try-harder's, belief or disbelief rest with you.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

@GreySeal9: Agreed. I'll take "try hard" inspirational people over the nihilistic and hyperbolic cynicism any day of the week. While the inspirational stuff may not always particularly inspire me I find it much less cringe worthy then seeing people trying so hard to be all cool and edgy on the Internet.