Why Are Only White Countries Required To Be Multicultural?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

No1mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 No1mo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Why is it that only the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the nations of Europe are required to be "multicultural"? Why those nations specifically? Why not, for example, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, or Guatemala? None of those nations, nor most of the world's nations have a multicultural imperative, where that the host culture is smothered with cultures from all over the world and sucess at the endeavor is gauged by how heavily the host culture is impacted, if not erased entirely.

I'm refering to -- popular culture, educational systems, worklife, political leaders -- it's a question of where is there *not* a multicultural imperative, as if the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe would all shrivel and die without multiculturalism, despite the fact that multiculturalism is a new concept in these regions, not more than 40 or so years old, and without any previously successful trial.

Regarding imperialism, it was a benefit to the countries it affected, so it's not a case of fair play via turnabout. Imperialism in most cases brought countries out of stone aged life**** and introduced them to paved roads, running household water, etc.

It seems Africa for Africans, Asian for Asians, Latin America for Latinos but North America, Australia, NZ and Europe is for Everyone.
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
Because non white countries are already full of a minority!

O_O
No1mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 No1mo
lol, well im not racist its just that i think if too many different cultures come into our countries we wont have any place to call home anymore! i am okay with non whites here but maybe like 20% only, USA is already only 2/3 white and going down fast!
sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts

what is a white country?A Russian is white....an English is white.If Russian goes to England tey're both white and multi-cultural.Why do you use the word "white"??

No1mo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 No1mo
I mean multi-racial. Non-whites in White countries...
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

None of those countries are required to be multicultural they just are. It's not like they have a quota of non-whites to fill or anything.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

In before the lock..

While what you say is true about the western countries being far more multicultural than other countries..

sentencedogu , he is talking about western countries, like the countries he listed, which are primarily populated with white people which countries are multi cultural where as other countries in the middle east and such are not multicultural countries and aren't as accepting to whites moving their compared to the opposite.. and while there is racism towards other groups moving the western countries, there is far more racism and racist actions that occur when whites move over there.

The whole thing is stupid, we are all humans.. why do we put ourselves into categories and argue about it.. there is so much more to life..

edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
What annoys me the most for living in Britain is we have all the muslims (not a problem there) who have come over suffocating us with their religion and making us Brits fear about racism. For example a women who worked for British airways was suspended from work for wearing a necklace which had the cross on it incase it offended other religions. I mean WTF!? If i went and lived in a muslim country and demanded rights for my christian religion id soon be told to get out or shutup.
delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts
due to the fact that a large percentage of the population is from other race or creed ,that is why
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

None of those countries are required to be multicultural they just are. It's not like they have a quota of non-whites to fill or anything.

domatron23

Exactly, there is no set limit or target that must be met before the gates are barred and "No Admittance to xxxx race" is allowed.

edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

domatron23

It seems to be getting that way over here in England. For example for police reqruitment they have to requirt a certain percentage of ethnic minorities so they dont get sued for racism. I myself have felt the effect of this. I aplied to join the police cadets and got through to the final 15 (there were 10 places.) After a week i was told i had got in and i had a great career oppurtunity ahead of me. Then a few days later i got a phonecall saying that they had not met the ethical guidline percenatge and that i had lost my place :|

sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts
well it is because western countries are advanced...no one would go to a backward country to live(with exceptions of course)
Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Because most of them are young countries
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

edd678

It seems to be getting that way over here in England. For example for police reqruitment they have to requirt a certain percentage of ethnic minorities so they dont get sued for racism. I myself have felt the effect of this. I aplied to join the police cadets and got through to the final 15 (there were 10 places.) After a week i was told i had got in and i had a great career oppurtunity ahead of me. Then a few days later i got a phonecall saying that they had not met the ethical guidline percenatge and that i had lost my place :|

Kind of like affirmative action or something? Yeah that sucks, jobs should definitely be given to the most qualified person regardless of race (especially for the police).
Moridin18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moridin18
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

What this debate should be about is going to fade away to ethininc intolerance.

But many will lie about how much they about care about racism, sexism and homophobia.(if fits when one only cares about one of the aspects like most of the shallow minded generation that is suppose to lead us into the next milenium)

After all it is cool to attack racist and yet pretnd that the hate filled music that bashes women and gays is some sort of moral outrage.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
They're not legally required, it just ends up that way.
mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Because we have liberal governments and liberal media. If a white supremacist tyrant took over Canada, as an example, any liberalism and multiculturalism would pretty quickly fade.

Many non-western countries are held by dictatorships (or forms of government which amount to as much), do not have liberal media or have a populace so run down that they don't even know how to take a stand any more.

Then there's the fact that these nations pressured into being multicultural actually are multicultural. America - a nation which prides itself on its liberalism - is also the largest importer of people on the planet, so ignoring any one ethnicity is bound to raise eyebrows amongst the voters. Over 4% of the British population is Muslim, and over 10% of the French population.

Then let's not forget how the two great Anglophone empires - first Britain and now America - are responsible for, essentially, ethnic cleansing. Natives in India, Australia, America. Whites have spent a long time killing non-whites, and we feel pretty guilty about it. After turning Africa into an all-you-can-carry source of slaves, after Britain straddled the planet waving the flag of white superiority for a hundred and fifty years, saying Africa for the Africans is not exactly surprising.

Regarding imperialism, it was a benefit to the countries it affected, so it's not a case of fair play via turnabout. Imperialism in most cases brought countries out of stone aged life**** and introduced them to paved roads, running household water, etc.Mo1mo

All's well that ends well? How pragmatic. Are you a career soldier or something? You sound like it. Tell the above to the Dutch colonists in Africa who had to buy wood from the British to build coffins for their children - their children who died in British concentration camps. Over twenty four thousand children died in British concentration camps during that war. But it was worth it, if they now have a few roads. Right?

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

God why the hell does everyone say we are white. WERE NOT WHITE! Ok I'm not emo.......

never call me white again

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
Someone has to show an example to the rest of the world.
Total-KO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Total-KO
Member since 2006 • 4057 Posts
Because countries with predominantly black people in it, suck.
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Because white countries are far superior...both in terms of economy,military/security and living standards.

You don't see white people move to Africa now do you?

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
because white people are very scared of people getting mad. White people aren't aggresive, they have very wimpy qualities.
*I'm white saying this*
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
They are? Last I checked there was no law saying that "This society is deemed a white society and thus must have other cultures living within the society." I do see what you are saying... I just don't agree with it. It's most likely because "White" countries have more opportunities than other 'Non-White' countries...
tdavis20050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tdavis20050
Member since 2005 • 354 Posts

What annoys me the most for living in Britain is we have all the muslims (not a problem there) who have come over suffocating us with their religion and making us Brits fear about racism. For example a women who worked for British airways was suspended from work for wearing a necklace which had the cross on it incase it offended other religions. I mean WTF!? If i went and lived in a muslim country and demanded rights for my christian religion id soon be told to get out or shutup. edd678

You would probably be killed.

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
Because no one wants to move to those counties. They want to come to the US and Western European countries.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

Because white people are by nature racist. As such, our countries need to have some non-white people in order to keep us from looking like we hate them, even though we do.

[spoiler] I'm not being serious. [/spoiler]

Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Why are the US, Canada, Australia, and European countries white countries, exactly? You're title is kinda contradicting, don't you think?
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts
multiculturalism is a good thing. we don't have to do it, we do it because it helps society run smoothly. most of the time anyway.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Multiculturalism in europe is ruining it.
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31 Gen-Gawl
Member since 2004 • 3925 Posts

Why is it that only the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the nations of Europe are required to be "multicultural"? Why those nations specifically? Why not, for example, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, or Guatemala? None of those nations, nor most of the world's nations have a multicultural imperative, where that the host culture is smothered with cultures from all over the world and sucess at the endeavor is gauged by how heavily the host culture is impacted, if not erased entirely.

I'm refering to -- popular culture, educational systems, worklife, political leaders -- it's a question of where is there *not* a multicultural imperative, as if the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe would all shrivel and die without multiculturalism, despite the fact that multiculturalism is a new concept in these regions, not more than 40 or so years old, and without any previously successful trial.

Regarding imperialism, it was a benefit to the countries it affected, so it's not a case of fair play via turnabout. Imperialism in most cases brought countries out of stone aged life**** and introduced them to paved roads, running household water, etc.

It seems Africa for Africans, Asian for Asians, Latin America for Latinos but North America, Australia, NZ and Europe is for Everyone. No1mo

That's a good question. I'm not really sure what the answer for that is.

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
[QUOTE="domatron23"]

edd678

yeh that sucks, as a black person in england i think this is wrong i would want to get a job because i was the best person for the job not the colour of my skin. meh

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts

Multiculturalism in europe is ruining it.ice_radon

huh how?

maybe not in britan..

kurama2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kurama2002
Member since 2005 • 1414 Posts

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]because white people are very scared of people getting mad. White people aren't aggresive, they have very wimpy qualities.
*I'm white saying this*jointed

:lol:

Its sort of true though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]because white people are very scared of people getting mad. White people aren't aggresive, they have very wimpy qualities.
*I'm white saying this*kurama2002

:lol:

Its sort of true though.

Yeah, those god damn world war conspiracy nuts....

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
they aren't required to be multicutural, it's not a law or something. those countries are multicultural because they are better countries to live in. why does it bother you if other people from other countries want to live better? I sure as hell don't wanna live in Egypt, and trust me you wouldn't either.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It seems Africa for Africans, Asian for Asians, Latin America for Latinos but North America, Australia, NZ and Europe is for Everyone. No1mo

The USA is a white country?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="edd678"][QUOTE="domatron23"]

solidgamer

yeh that sucks, as a black person in england i think this is wrong i would want to get a job because i was the best person for the job not the colour of my skin. meh

Who says that the minority who "took his job" wasn't more qualified than him anyway?

killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....
Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gen-Gawl

[QUOTE="No1mo"]Why is it that only the U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the nations of Europe are required to be "multicultural"? Why those nations specifically? Why not, for example, China, India, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, or Guatemala? None of those nations, nor most of the world's nations have a multicultural imperative, where that the host culture is smothered with cultures from all over the world and sucess at the endeavor is gauged by how heavily the host culture is impacted, if not erased entirely.

It seems Africa for Africans, Asian for Asians, Latin America for Latinos but North America, Australia, NZ and Europe is for Everyone. MrGeezer

The USA is a white country?

It used to be but it's no where close anymore. I think that was exactly his point. I don't think he said it was a bad thing. He was just wondering why some countries are more diverse than others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....killtactics

He makes a few valid points though...

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

Western countries are the most advanced in the world. People come to these countries to improve not only their lives, but to contribute to the world. In fact, immigrants are one of the primary reasons Western countries have advanced so much. Look through any new age text book on Computer Science, Bio-technology, etc - and you will find that many of the authors and contributors are foreign. Why would you move from a country like the United States to a third world nation?

With that said, the "why?" is also because of what your country is defined as. Have you forgotten what the Statue of Liberty stands for? Heck, maybe I shouldn't be surprised children feel like this now adays, considering most of you have lived through the Bush administration which has promoted fear mongering. Anyone who is non-white is suspect.

Well, here is a tip... if you really want to change this country from being multicultural, why don't you start promoting the neo-con, and white supremacist groups. Who knows, with some effort you can change the laws of this country.

Lastly, the United States is not a white country. Even suggesting this makes you sound like a racist. This country belonged to the Native Americans, then a bunch of "White" angos sailed to this continent seeking their own nation... killed off the majority of Natives. Then brought over black African slaves to do all their heavy lifting, grunt work, such as physically building the nation. In fact, we even brought over thousands of Chinese to build our railroads.

Just because those who have been in power in this country, have been white, does not make this a white nation. On the contrary, this country has never been white. However, if you want to speak strictly on behalf of the laws imposed on the continent, then it has not been white since the presidency of Abraham Lincoln.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rimnet00

[QUOTE="killtactics"]did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....jointed

So does Osama bin Laden.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....rimnet00

So does Osama bin Laden.

Name one...

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gen-Gawl

Western countries are the most advanced in the world. People come to these countries to improve not only their lives, but to contribute to the world. In fact, immigrants are one of the primary reasons Western countries have advanced so much. Look through any new age text book on Computer Science, Bio-technology, etc - and you will find that many of the authors and contributors are foreign. Why would you move from a country like the United States to a third world nation?

With that said, the "why?" is also because of what your country is defined as. Have you forgotten what the Statue of Liberty stands for? Heck, maybe I shouldn't be surprised children feel like this now adays, considering most of you have lived through the Bush administration which has promoted fear mongering. Anyone who is non-white is suspect.

Well, here is a tip... if you really want to change this country from being multicultural, why don't you start promoting the neo-con, and white supremacist groups. Who knows, with some effort you can change the laws of this country.

Lastly, the United States is not a white country. Even suggesting this makes you sound like a racist. This country belonged to the Native Americans, then a bunch of "White" angos sailed to this continent seeking their own nation... killed off the majority of Natives. Then brought over black African slaves to do all their heavy lifting, grunt work, such as physically building the nation. In fact, we even brought over thousands of Chinese to build our railroads.

Just because those who have been in power in this country, have been white, does not make this a white nation. On the contrary, this country has never been white. However, if you want to speak strictly on behalf of the laws imposed on the continent, then it has not been white since the presidency of Abraham Lincoln.

rimnet00

How in the world did you get that from his post. Wondering why we are multicutural is a lot different than wanting to kick out everyone whos not white.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rimnet00
[QUOTE="rimnet00"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....jointed

So does Osama bin Laden.

Name one...

The point is, anyone, including those we consider the greatest threats to our own well-being can make good points. However, then the summation of what they are attempting to express is biggoted and vile, it is quite undermining to point out the "good points".

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rimnet00

brianpoetzel

I admit, at first I was only going to address the OT, but after reading some of the replies, which took what the OT was saying a step further from calling America a "white nation", I myself took my reply a step further. By addressing the collective concepts in the thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="rimnet00"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="killtactics"]did anyone notice the last paragraph that talks about how imperialism was a good thing..... wow.... just wow.....rimnet00

So does Osama bin Laden.

Name one...

The point is, anyone, including those we consider the greatest threats to our own well-being can make good points. However, then the summation of what they are attempting to express is biggoted and vile, it is quite undermining to point out the "good points".

Imperialism, however, wasn't like that. Granted there are a few horrific examples (like in Congo) but people are making it out to be some sort of holocaust 0.9.

Gen-Gawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gen-Gawl
[QUOTE="brianpoetzel"]

rimnet00

I admit, at first I was only going to address the OT, but after reading some of the replies, which took what the OT was saying a step further from calling America a "white nation", I myself took my reply a step further. By addressing the collective concepts in the thread.

Ah. I though you were just going at the OP.

DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
What annoys me the most for living in Britain is we have all the muslims (not a problem there) who have come over suffocating us with their religion and making us Brits fear about racism. For example a women who worked for British airways was suspended from work for wearing a necklace which had the cross on it incase it offended other religions. I mean WTF!? If i went and lived in a muslim country and demanded rights for my christian religion id soon be told to get out or shutup. edd678
That kinda stuff happens in America too :(