Why are old people so judgemental?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarkyyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MarkyyR
Member since 2009 • 709 Posts

I dont understand after all theyve been through you think they would have the mind set to not judge people For example

A few of my friends and I go to this small resturant called sweet treat for breakfast.Most people there are over the age of 50 but,that doesnt bother me I go there cause its cheap and the food is great.We skate there at 7:30 in the morning every few days so we walk in all sweaty with our skate boards and we sit down.Now I understand getting stared at at first (It is kinda weird that where there I guess)But, this one lady walked past us she look at us all like we where Disgusting hobos who are gonna rob the place and rub our feet on all the bread or somthing.

I mean cmon shes in her 70's and THIS is weird to her? Im 16 years old and Ive seen way weirder things and im smart enough not to judge people unless there running at me with a knife or something.

What do you guys think?

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#2 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
yup, and not just judge us they give the lecture of when i was your age...............................
yang_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yang_fox
Member since 2007 • 1579 Posts

it's always like that! they think that our generation is lost. Same think happen in my neighborhood!

Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts

Dude if you were old and new u were gonna die at any second... you'd be pissed off to.

Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

it's always like that! they think that our generation is lost. Same think happen in my neighborhood!

yang_fox
Most of our generation is lost..
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#6 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="yang_fox"]

Xx_Hopeless_xX

And its all because of those damn video game contraptions!

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
The elderly are just like that. They have it set in their mind that they are the greatest generation ever and therefore they look down on the young. Its just things were different when they were our age, like they were working already, etc, so they think that our generation is lazy and doesn't do enough for society.
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"][QUOTE="yang_fox"]

zarshack

And its all because of those damn video game contraptions!

Maybe...also because most of them are shallow, lazy, simple minded and they live for now and don't think about what their actions will result in tomorrow or what consequences there might be in the future...
Avatar image for motorstormhater
motorstormhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 motorstormhater
Member since 2007 • 789 Posts

yeah old people get so grumpy, i was at the shops and this old guy couldnt figure out how to make the self serve register work so he started yelling and swearng at everyone and calling the register a stupid no good piece of rubbish. all because he couldnt see where the reciept printed out, then about 5 people all showed him where it is and he stormed of without even saying thanks or sorry

tidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tidan
Member since 2003 • 369 Posts

It will happen to you to!!!! Lol not me tho:)

nohabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 nohabs
Member since 2004 • 10797 Posts

I'm old but not that old so i believe "old" people like to have life their way. Change is not good. They forget how it was for them as kids and now they have no tolerance for noisy kids with skateboards.

On the other hand. Go to a grocery store in the middle of the week and watch how they act. WOW, get out of their way, they have no where to go but they sure better be the first to get there.

Both sides have little patience for the other

corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

Since all the kind responses about older people in here I really can't see why older people are judgemental:roll:

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts

I dont understand after all theyve been through you think they would have the mind set to not judge people For example

A few of my friends and I go to this small resturant called sweet treat for breakfast.Most people there are over the age of 50 but,that doesnt bother me I go there cause its cheap and the food is great.We skate there at 7:30 in the morning every few days so we walk in all sweaty with our skate boards and we sit down.Now I understand getting stared at at first (It is kinda weird that where there I guess)But, this one lady walked past us she look at us all like we where Disgusting hobos who are gonna rob the place and rub our feet on all the bread or somthing.

I mean cmon shes in her 70's and THIS is weird to her? Im 16 years old and Ive seen way weirder things and im smart enough not to judge people unless there running at me with a knife or something.

What do you guys think?

MarkyyR

I think you will be doing the same thing when your old....

styx56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 styx56
Member since 2006 • 1133 Posts

See the reason I always think this happens is because we can't forget that most of these people even came from a generation before our own parents and many these older people don't even get the way our parents act or do things. They just view things in a much more classic black and white perspective. good and bad. light and dark. You get the picture from those examples. Those classic views include the classic flawed logic. "I'm older than you so that just means I am superior to you and everything you do when you are younger is worthless and stupid." It's just the way most of them think. I wouldn't say that they are stupid. They just don't know any better because the old world they grew up in was very strict and did not have much tolerance accept for what was viewed as normal, there was no questioning religion, society, or anyone in higher postions and the rule was "Thats just the way it is. Deal with it." Now there many viewpoints on the world and no absolute correct view and they from it seems right now they are against the evolution of the human race as a whole and just like living in their own little world of lies. They are pretty much afraid of the truth because that would really ruin their old "I'm older than you so I'm better than you" argument and make them realize how stupid they really are. It is sad but true.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Because she grew up in a extreme socially conservative times.. Its no suprise that old people are often times on the conservative end of social issues.
ShAbInAtOr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 ShAbInAtOr
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts

senior citizens are always like that, nothing in front of their eyes will impress them, in fact it would make them even more cranky!

maybe their jealous of our generation!

effena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 effena
Member since 2008 • 2811 Posts

Maybe...also because most of them are shallow, lazy, simple minded and they live for now and don't think about what their actions will result in tomorrow or what consequences there might be in the future...Xx_Hopeless_xX

Well, that's a little misanthropic. There are plenty of brilliant kids out there. This generation has been stereotyped as apathetic, but that's almost a lie. A lot of kids try their best to make the best out of life, despite some of the baad circumstances they are in.

Also, living in the moment isn't a bad thing. Several religions teach that.

TOPIC: I agree, a lot of older folks are judgemental, but they have the experience of life, so i let it pass:P

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I think you should stop being so judgemental of the 70 year old woman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

They're hungry for apple sauce.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
Maybe you're sitting at the spot she wanted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 avatar_genius

Dude if you were old and new u were gonna die at any second... you'd be pissed off to.

Akm4everz

i lol'd

3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts
I think you should stop being so judgemental of the 70 year old woman.Wilfred_Owen
Pretty much what I was going to say.
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="Xx_Hopeless_xX"][QUOTE="yang_fox"]

No it isn't...
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

What do you guys think?

MarkyyR

I really would not even pay attention to her or anyone there. If you don't care about their stares at you and stuff it wouldn't bother you. Just go on about your business andforget them all, this is your world kid.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I hate when kids bring their skateboards into businesses I am patronizing. I just overall can't stand skaters, all that I've encountered are boisterous, loud, and generally obnoxious. Sorry if that's not you, maybe you should work on giving skaters as a whole a better rap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 avatar_genius

I have no idea why "old people are cranky," but I feel that is quite a hasty generalization.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 avatar_genius

Pretty much every generation is really judgmental.

I go to the skatepark and there are people skating or sitting around, many of them my ageand they are judgmental as well, criticizing and blaming and complaining about anything that comes into their heads, acting just like how you described the "old people" as.

This gripe mentallity has nothing to do with age, people are so pathetic, they'll complain about something no matter what, and age isn't the factor, it is the person's personality that determines how much they gripe.

Quitea bad generalization if you ask me.

I know several older people that don't gripe. Judgemental attitude has nothing to do with age.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Woah.. I see a conflict here.. How is your post not judgemental? I mean... this righteous attitude some people give off about how it's wrong to judge others.. it's just apart of human nature to judge what you see. Everyone does it. Even those that think they don't.

I mean seriously.. this whole concept I can judge you but you can't judge me.. what's with it? everyone acts like it these days.. like it's unfair for them to be judged and they go around doing the same thing.