Why are guys sometimes mean to girls they like?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supergoat777
Member since 2010 • 1470 Posts

For example theres this blonde girl, that mostly all the guys like, but a lot of guys seem rude to her even though she's nice for the most part. I mean they pick on her a lot and stuff. Ampersonally nicer to girls I like.

Why is this?

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

My guess is that some girls like guys who treat them like garden tools and order them around like slaves.

supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 supergoat777

My guess is that some girls like guys who treat them like garden tools and order them around like slaves.

Desulated

I don't think girls like em bad boys. I mean in real life not the movies.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#4 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

They probably don't have the balls to show their true feelings. Acting like this is really common at young ages.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Desulated

The mass media can inflict drastic effects upon a learning and/or dim-witted population. You'd be surprised.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Because constant teasing always leads to affection.

supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supergoat777

[QUOTE="supergoat777"]

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

Fundai

Not Bad boys, but i notice that girls give more attention to those that DONT respect them.

Not really I give respect to girls and get em easy too 8) (at least most of the time)

supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supergoat777

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

idk I don't think guys make fun of girls because they think it might be more attractive.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Desulated

Let's face it, the majority of girls out there, especially high school ones, like guys that treat them like cat excrements.

3eyedrazorback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 3eyedrazorback
Member since 2005 • 16380 Posts
My question is, "why do girls like to be treated like that?"
supergoat777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 supergoat777

Let's face it, the majority of girls out there, especially high school ones, like guys that treat them like cat excrements.

Desulated

Yes and thatsactuallyquite sad. But not always true. ;)

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Those girls generally crave attention?

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Desulated

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

supergoat777

Yes and thatsactuallyquite sad. But not always true. ;)

There's probably like 5 out of 100 that are like that, but good luck finding them in reality. Heh.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

[QUOTE="Suzy_Q_Kazoo"]

supergoat777

idk I don't think guys make fun of girls because they think it might be more attractive.

I wasn't being serious.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
That's more what guys do when they're younger/less mature. I remember there was this girl I liked way back when I was about 6, I stole a football from her during lunch break one day, just for fun, but she started to cry, so I gave it back to her. It's just a dumb way of getting attention I guess.
TheNewEraIcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 TheNewEraIcon
Member since 2009 • 12196 Posts

Some girls are mean to the guys they like too, its probably all to get noticed, because they don't know how to express their feelings. Sorta like how Helga always bullied "Football head!" in Hey arnold lol :P

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Personal experience has taught me that girls are not attracted to nice guys. At best the most they can hope for is to fall in the dreaded friends zone. Girls respond better to confident/cocky/jerk/bastards. And the hotter the girl is the more you should act cocky. You'll find exceptions but overall it works.

P.S. I really hope that as my generation gets older, women get more mature. Its irritating behaving the opposite of ones natural instincts just to attract them.
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts

you again! ;)

but anyway i dont know.

zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

Hell if I know. If a guy is being mean to me I assume he doesn't like me.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
Nice guys finish last, remember that Those guys are doing modern flirting tactics.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Personal experience has taught me that girls are not attracted to nice guys. At best the most they can hope for is to fall in the dreaded friends zone. Girls respond better to confident/cocky/jerk/bastards. And the hotter the girl is the more you should act cocky. You'll find exceptions but overall it works.

P.S. I really hope that as my generation gets older, women get more mature. Its irritating behaving the opposite of ones natural instincts just to attract them.Diablo-B
How old are you? Girls generally get more mature around the age of 18 - 19. I don't know why anyone would want to date a girl younger than that.
Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Desulated

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]Personal experience has taught me that girls are not attracted to nice guys. At best the most they can hope for is to fall in the dreaded friends zone. Girls respond better to confident/cocky/jerk/bastards. And the hotter the girl is the more you should act cocky. You'll find exceptions but overall it works.

P.S. I really hope that as my generation gets older, women get more mature. Its irritating behaving the opposite of ones natural instincts just to attract them.PernicioEnigma

How old are you? Girls generally get more mature around the age of 18 - 19. I don't know why anyone would want to date a girl younger than that.

Wrong. From my experiences girls are barely even mature at that age.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Get attention.
Homiegesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Homiegesus
Member since 2003 • 5706 Posts

I think one reason is because they are afraid of rejection. If they treat them like badly then if the girl isn't into them they never expressed any feelings that could make them feel like they weren't good enough. You also have to ask yourself what a girl is into. The reason nice guys finish last in alot of cases is because they are "acting" nice in order to get the girl to like you and that won't change a girls overall opinon towards how they feel about you. Let me put it into perspective, girl wants a guy who is on or above her level, that said guy is himself around the girl on his level and cocky towards the girl underneath her level, the man underneath would try to be extra nice to try and compensate. If your thinking "what is a level" I'm talking about personality, character, looks, and just about everything that goes into human attraction.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
Because they like it. Its just our culture.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

Because the girls are idiots and gluttons for punishment. You allow yourself to be treated like crap, and you will be.

v13_KiiLtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 v13_KiiLtz
Member since 2010 • 2791 Posts
F*** pleasantries True friends can call each other names without taking offense to it.
angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts
Girls like being put down. A few joking insults and she's pretty much yours, it works for me all the time.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

Sometimes they're afraid of admitting their feelings for the girl so they're mean to help keep her at arms length. There's a difference between that- a guy being mean without being close to a girl- and a guy being mean to a girl he's in a serious relationship with.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#32 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
cause guys have cooties?
optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
Some people do it so that it appears they do not like that person. I myself try to be pleasant to girls that I like.
TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

Some guys seem to have this strange and irrational idea that if he treats a girl like crap, she'll like him.

This is not true.

Guys who do this, ask yourself: Do you like people who treat you like crap?

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
F*** pleasantries True friends can call each other names without taking offense to it.v13_KiiLtz
Exactly. That;s how you know your my friend. When I can treat you like **** but you know i got your back.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
well picking on may be there way to be funny and be friends. or there just jealous
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"] It's just a dumb way of getting attention I guess.

Pretty much this.
MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts
Have you never called your friend an insulting name? Even if they are being mean, they still care about you. Most girls don't like nice guys (even if they say that they do) because most nice guys are either boring or ugly (or both). So, while some guys are on their soapbox announcing how nice they are, maybe they should change something about themselves or just hope someone comes along. To be honest, the nice guys I have been with, the relationship wasn't really exciting or special in any way. I had more fun with the jerks I was with. Same goes for guys.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
The meaner you are the more they like you.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

Have you never called your friend an insulting name? Even if they are being mean, they still care about you. Most girls don't like nice guys (even if they say that they do) because most nice guys are either boring or ugly (or both). So, while some guys are on their soapbox announcing how nice they are, maybe they should change something about themselves or just hope someone comes along. To be honest, the nice guys I have been with, the relationship wasn't really exciting or special in any way. I had more fun with the jerks I was with. Same goes for guys.MistressMinako
OH MY GOD! Are you serious? I ve always been nice because its the way i am.. no effin wonder!! Please enlight me more!

MistressMinako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 MistressMinako
Member since 2008 • 45964 Posts

[QUOTE="MistressMinako"]Have you never called your friend an insulting name? Even if they are being mean, they still care about you. Most girls don't like nice guys (even if they say that they do) because most nice guys are either boring or ugly (or both). So, while some guys are on their soapbox announcing how nice they are, maybe they should change something about themselves or just hope someone comes along. To be honest, the nice guys I have been with, the relationship wasn't really exciting or special in any way. I had more fun with the jerks I was with. Same goes for guys.Solid_Tango

OH MY GOD! Are you serious? I ve always been nice because its the way i am.. no effin wonder!! Please enlight me more!

Well, tons of girls do like nice guys. You just have to be on their attraction level of looks and personality. A lot of douches I met are really attractive. How many girls go on and on about a nice guy they are dating compared to a douche that they are dating? After being with some nice guys or girls it gets stale after a while which is why some people break up. Nothing is happening, so the spark dies. It's mostly with young people, though. Even some nice guys are douches sometimes. Ever seen That 70s Show? Eric and Donna are a great example. Eric might be a douche sometimes, but he is generally a nice guy.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

I don't know how it's like in other cultures, but guys here aren't being "serious" when they say apparently "demeaning" things. It's pretty much all playing around. Get past the joking and insults and the dudes end up being somewhat nice dudes.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts

Probably because they lack the knowledge on how to treat women right.. Or maybe they don't know how to impress a lady so they resort to teasing in order to gain their attention.. Being confident doesn't necessarily mean acting like an ass..

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I don't know how it's like in other cultures, but guys here aren't being "serious" when they say apparently "demeaning" things. It's pretty much all playing around. Get past the joking and insults and the dudes end up being somewhat nice dudes.Barbariser
Is it usually the pretties one who gets insulted the most from your area too?
sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="supergoat777"]

[QUOTE="Desulated"]

Not Bad boys, but i notice that girls give more attention to those that DONT respect them.

i agree with this alot of girls like me more when i'm a prick to them and they constantly try for my attention
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

[QUOTE="Barbariser"]I don't know how it's like in other cultures, but guys here aren't being "serious" when they say apparently "demeaning" things. It's pretty much all playing around. Get past the joking and insults and the dudes end up being somewhat nice dudes.Lonelynight
Is it usually the pretties one who gets insulted the most from your area too?

Yes, unattractive girls don't get any attention whatsoever.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

Honestly, I don't know, but it's my modus operandi. Of course if I'm teasing a girl I'm being platful about it, but odds are it's my way of showing affection to her.

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts
My question is, "why do girls like to be treated like that?"3eyedrazorback
i personally dislike it :Z
MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I think guys get jealous that said girl hasn't chosen them, so will lash out, and call her names and things.

I was with a guy who used to tease me 'for fun', until the day he found it really fun to break my fingers a week before my audition to play violin for the ESO, anyway.

Now when I guy 'teases' me, I run the f*** away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

Idk. Isn't that something that immature weirdos do, like say these guys?