Why are Americans so afraid of 2nd and 3rd world immigrants?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

38% of Americans are of Hispanic, black Or Asian decent.(Source:

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

And most Asians are from third world countries (i.e India, China, Philippines ) and some white Americans are Russian, Polish (who make up 4% of the U.S population, and have very high median incomes, and high education levels) Arab(who are counted as white in the U.S census), Ukrainian, Hungarian, or from another developing country in eastern Europe etc.

Over 40% of Americans originate from second and third world countries(I myself am a 3rd generation Polish American) yet the U.S ranks 4th in median income (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_household_income ) and 1st in average income.

I think if people are given the right opportunity and resources, and are treated equally as Americans, they can succeed regardless of where their ancestors may of come from. An excellent example of this is Maryland. It is the wealthiest state the union (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income ) w/ a median income of $72,000, and one of the wealthiest places in the world yet is only 50% non Hispanic white and 30% black. Also out of the top 10 best paying ethnic groups in the U.S, about 8 are from 2nd and 3rd world countries (such as Russia, India, South Africa etc. ) Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

Why are some Americans (mostly republicans ) so afraid of 2nd and 3rd world immigrants (mostly from South America/Mexico) ? Thoughts? I think if they are treated equally and given a good education they can become wealthy and succeed just like the Irish, polish, Chinese,Russians and Jews once did.

Discuss.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

You think the Chinese, Jews, and Polish (for instance) were treated equally when they first arrived to the US?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

They smell funny?

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crazyguy111

@Renevent42 said:

You think the Chinese, Jews, and Polish (for instance) were treated equally when they first arrived to the US?

No, but when they first arrived in the U.S they were very poor. As people began to treat them equally their wealth started to grow and now these people are some of the wealthiest ethnic groups.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
@crazyguy111 said:

@Renevent42 said:

No, but when they first arrived in the U.S they were very poor and many lived in poverty. As people began to treat them equally their wealth started to grow and not these people are some of the wealthiest ethnic groups.

That's, not really how things happened. Chinese, in particular, basically became successful despite almost slave-like status building our railroads and in agriculture. In fact, as chinese immigrants grew in both numbers and success, the anti-chinese sentiment became even stronger to the point of discriminatory legislation being drafted.

Jews were largely successful in the face of growing anti-semetism by banding together, and having very strong family structure, and placing a large emphasis on education. They weren't successful because all the sudden people gave them and treated them equally, they gained that in spite of it.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

Is there a First World, Western nation that isn't xenophobic toward those groups? It's the same shtick used all over; "those people are a superfluous bunch that will take all the labor jobs away from us." That's what the citizens of the First World are told, at least.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

No one is "scared" of immigrants.

The United States allows ONE MILLION people from other countries to become citizens every year.

That's more than any other country in the world allows.

The problem in America, are the punks who believe they have the right to move here ILLEGALLY. They don't have the right to do that, and should go back to the countries that they are citizens of and quit trying to cut in line in front of the decent people who are coming here the right way.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Because they took our jobs?

Doesn't matter though, people will continue to ignore the advances in information technology that will put people out of work as well as advances towards automated cars which will drastically reduce the need for professional drivers.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Some people are afraid of the increase in the population of certain immigrant groups, namely South Americans, because the mean IQ of their population is below 100 and renders them incapable of maintaining and improving upon the foundation that America's high IQ forefathers (primarily of Germanic stock) created.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

Some people are afraid of the increase in the population of certain immigrant groups, namely South Americans and Arabs, because the mean IQ of their populations are below 100 and render them incapable of maintaining and improving upon the foundation that America's high IQ forefathers (primarily of Germanic stock) created.

source?

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Emil_Fontz

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

Some people are afraid of the increase in the population of certain immigrant groups, namely South Americans and Arabs, because the mean IQ of their populations are below 100 and render them incapable of maintaining and improving upon the foundation that America's high IQ forefathers (primarily of Germanic stock) created.

source?

List of countries by IQ (from greatest to least).

Also...

Loading Video...

Even though I'm not White (I'm Black), I can't help but believe that these things are true; there's simply too much empirical data that confirms it all. It's something that I've accepted and believe most people need to be aware of.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I consider myself leaning more towards the republican side of things and I'm not scared of any race or group due to their ancestry. It's the individuals and how they act. There are good people from every corner of the world and likewise there are jerks.

People that take advantage of the system, lean more towards violence or other crimes and those that play the racism card to get ahead are ripping this country to shit. Unfortunately, everyone is so scared about being politically correct and not hurting anyone's feelings that those ripping apart this country get away with it.

So no, I'm not scared of specific groups but that asshole individuals will destroy what's left of America.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazyguy111

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

source?

Also...

Loading Video...

Even though I'm not White (I'm Black), I can't help but believe that these things are true; there's simply too much empirical data that confirms it all. It's something that I've accepted and believe most people need to be aware of.

See: http://www.michigandaily.com/content/arab-americans-better-educated-most-us

Most Arab Americans have high median incomes and high levels of education. Many Ph.D/master students are of Arab decent. You are thinking of the Arabs in their own country and not in the united states. Even then though, many Arab countries are quite wealthy. google "gdp per capita" many of those countries with the highest gdp per capita are Arab.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

source?

Also...

And where's the evidence that the mean IQ of populations and it's effects on the US IQ is a factor on people's views of immigrant groups?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

No one is afraid of immigrants.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Emil_Fontz

@crazyguy111 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

source?

Also...

Loading Video...

See: http://www.michigandaily.com/content/arab-americans-better-educated-most-us

Most Arab Americans have high median incomes and high levels of education. Many Ph.D/master students are of Arab decent. You are thinking of the Arabs in their own country and not in the united states. Even then though, many Arab countries are quite wealthy. google "gdp per capita" many of those countries with the highest gdp per capita are Arab.

Sorry. I should have mentioned only South Americans.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Emil_Fontz

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

source?

Also...

And where's the evidence that the mean IQ of populations and it's effects on the US IQ is a factor on people's views of immigrant groups?

I was speaking based on my observations on the internet, where a lot of people voice their true opinions without fear. Just consider the video itself and the comments beneath it as examples of people who take this information into consideration.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

There aren't enough jobs as is. That is the main issue. Tons of people are unemployed or employed by shit ass corporations that horde all of the profits and make their employees scrape by just to pay for food, rent and other bills. The US just doesn't need more people fighting over jobs right now.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#21  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Because I'm not.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

Also...

I was speaking based on my observations on the internet, where a lot of people voice their true opinions without fear. Just consider the video itself and the comments beneath it as examples of people who take this information into consideration.

so once again you have no legit evidence for what you claim. this is becoming a trend

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Just what we need, more poor people.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

Also...

so once again you have no legit evidence for what you claim. this is becoming a trend

So the video and the comments beneath it, as well as the comments that you can view on practically any internet page that pertains to immigration do not count as evidence? Watch any video about immigration on any site (e.g. CNN, YouTube, FOX, where-ever else, etc) and you'll see people express these sentiments. There are also forums in which people speak of these things.

I'm just going to conclude that you're trolling.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i dont have a problem with immigrants that go through the legal process to become a citizen.. i do have a problem with the leaches that come here illegally and dont contribute to anything, which is the majority of people that obama just have amnesty to

Chuck38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chuck38
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Why would these people want to move here anyway? Our nation is crumbling under our feet and no one gives a damn... We are trillions of dollars in debt, we are over flowing with illegal immigrants, which by the way don't pay any taxes, we have lost are many moral values, and our president would rather be a dictator.

But who am I to say anything... all I am is a normal every day citizen. Just a number on a census some where.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@chuck38 said:

Why would these people want to move here anyway? Our nation is crumbling under our feet and no one gives a damn... We are trillions of dollars in debt, we are over flowing with illegal immigrants, which by the way don't pay any taxes, we have lost are many moral values, and our president would rather be a dictator.

But who am I to say anything... all I am is a normal every day citizen. Just a number on a census some where.

You forgot to mention that we are becoming a police state.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

Well call me curious but have you been to another country before?

Chuck38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Chuck38
@emil_fontz said:

@chuck38 said:

I knew I missed something. Thanks, mate!

Maybe this video can help further my point..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJWKccHQFOA

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Telekill:

Both political parties are on the same side, they use different lanuage, but their results are the same, the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.The only place they defer are on B.S social issues, and that's by design to keep you distracted from the REAL issues(resources)

I find it hard it believe that most americans still don't see that our government is basiclly a corporation and that the president is just a CEO. As most people know that the CEO takes care of the affairs of the investors(in america's case, wallstreet) and manages the laborers(american people) for production.

Our political leaders use, race, religion, economics and the media to keep the masses divided! Obama and the other 43 other guys are just puppets on a string

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#32 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

@chuck38 said:

Yeah, but that's just the part of homeland security(right after 911) that most americans don't know about. Obama is just carrying out what bush and so many others have started.

Chuck38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chuck38

@thegerg said:

@chuck38: FYI, illegal immigrants DO pay taxes.

Ignorance FTL.

Hmm... and you are have proof of this?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lostrib

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

Also...

So the video and the comments beneath it, as well as the comments that you can view on practically any internet page that pertains to immigration do not count as evidence? Watch any video about immigration on any site (e.g. CNN, YouTube, FOX, where-ever else, etc) and you'll see people express these sentiments. There are also forums in which people speak of these things.

I'm just going to conclude that you're trolling.

No, that is not proof. And none of that has even been provided here. You almost never have any basis for your claims. At best, you twist/misinterpret information

Chuck38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chuck38

Actually yea... I live in a area where there are many illegals. The only taxes they pay are the ones that are added onto your everyday purchases, as for income tax and other taxes.... no, they don't pay a dime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Why are most people afraid of immigrants to their country?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Heh. My wife is from the Philippines. No one is afraid of her for being here and having a good job. In fact, damn (single/divorced) retirees keep making passes at her....she has a very good personality. That's why.

He He. I sometimes have to shoo the flies away.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@thegerg: You were able to show how much they pay in taxes now show how much they cost. Because there is a cost and it is not chump change.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

@lostrib said:

@emil_fontz said:

Also...

LOL emil_fontz

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@crazyguy111 said:

Very interesting. It supports a view that I had for some time now which is the fact that despite the infamy the Middle East seems to have garnered and how immigrants of Middle Eastern descent are generally speaking negatively perceived in their host countries they remain to be of the highest quality as immigrants. I guess this is why they are still welcomed after all, on an official level at least.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

@chuck38 said:

@thegerg said:

@chuck38: FYI, illegal immigrants DO pay taxes.

Ignorance FTL.

Hmm... and you are have proof of this?

No they don't.. I have worked along with Mexicans(most but not all) years ago before and they never paid taxes, and I don't know why.

ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#46  Edited By ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

@Born_Lucky: Agreed

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@sonicare said:

Why are most people afraid of immigrants to their country?

Nationalism and racism are the main culprits.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it's just what we do.

ben franklin railed against the germans who couldn't speak the language and worked for less money.

i find the whole thing nothing more than a comedy that plays out over the centuries.

whether it's the germans, the drunken mics, the yellow horde, the dirty maple syrup swilling downbacks or whoever the immigrant du jour is they are dirty diseased non english speaking criminals out to take our jobs.

"Voicing this grievance was Benjamin Franklin. And the language so vexing to him was the German spoken by new arrivals to Pennsylvania in the 1750s, a wave of immigrants whom Franklin viewed as the “most stupid of their nation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/opinion/03davis.html?_r=0

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

It's not though, when it all comes down to it. At least it lets people in, which is more than can be said of some countries.

Chuck38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chuck38

@thegerg said:

@chuck38: Feel free to provide evidence of your claim. I sourced my claim, you should be able to do the same.

Anyway, your claim supports mine. As I said, they DO pay taxes.

Please forgive me for getting back to you so late. Apparently I can only post so much in one day and I ran out of posts. Strange.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

I'm afraid most illegals really don't like to advertise that they don't pay income taxes and other taxes. They may be a little stupid to illegally enter the USA but they are smart enough not to announce to the entire world that they don't pay taxes. So I'm afraid I have no websites to direct you to. If I did they would probably not very reliable sources. However, you are welcome to go out the peach fields where I live and ask all the illegals if they pay there taxes on April 15. Just watch out for the bigger guys... :)