why all the indecisiveness?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

I posted this in general game discussion, but that's basically a baron wasteland and I want to hear other people's thoughts on this.

In every one of the reviews on this site for superb games, there is one thing in common.  Everything is always "by far one of the best" or "one of the most innovative" or "one of the most blah blah blah", etc.  First of all how can something be by far, one of the best at anything.  At the beginning of the statement, it seems like gamespot is going to say something that will tell you they love a game more than any other.  If you stop reading there, you can easily fill in the rest and actually get something from what they're saying.  However, after the second part of the statement, it turns out the reviewer isn't really saying anything you can't get from looking at the score the game got and the statement is nothing more than a filler statement to transition from the history of the game franchise to the review itself (look at any review.  That pattern is constant throughout.  There have been games which have come out that the person at gamespot who reviewed it thinks is truly the best game ever.  These people (as they have said in various statements) decided their stance on it in the first hour of playing the game, but they never show it in the review.  Is it just about their fear of being controvercial?  That's the only conclusion I can derive from it, but that still doesn't make much sense (only more than any other possible reason I can think of).  It doesn't make sense because the reviewer takes the risk of being viewed controvercial simply by posting the overall score they gave the game.

Crimson_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Crimson_Sin
Member since 2006 • 3004 Posts
What is it you are trying to say exactly, Food_Nipple?
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

What is it you are trying to say exactly, Food_Nipple?Crimson_Sin

Um.....did you read the title?