Who's right and who's wrong in this situation with my friend

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

Gas been really creeping up here in NYC, so my friend and I take turns driving. He drove just 2 miles to the main street here where we live 2 weeks ago. Then last week he met me at a bar on main street and he drove us for about 8 miles to a bar. During the time at the bar he lost his itouch which he says was $80. After the bar he past out and couldn't drive so I paid $30 for a cab back home. Today he messages me and wants me to drive to a bar about 10-15 miles away in Brooklyn. I told him he should drive for passing out and making me pay $30 for a cab last week. We got into an argument. I want to get a 3rd person's view about who is right and who's wrong, and who should drive tonight?

#2 Posted by Storm_Marine (12970 posts) -

You're in the wrong for being friends with such a moron.

#3 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

Storm_Marine

so he's a moron for passing out?

#4 Posted by Storm_Marine (12970 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

LegitGamer3212

so he's a moron for passing out?

Unless he passed out defending his girl against a gang of drunken thugs then yes he is.

And of course for not paying for the taxi.

#5 Posted by thegerg (17989 posts) -

I think you're both wrong for making such a big deal over who drives.

#6 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
You could always be the better person and drive him. But make sure to tell him to be more responsible eh.
#7 Posted by Tuco_Salamanca (25 posts) -
I think yu're both wrong for making such a big deal over who drives. thegerg
#8 Posted by MrGeezer (58769 posts) -

thegerg
Pretty much this. There's no problem taking turns, but if going out of turn causes this much trouble then the two people should probably just stop hanging out with each other.
#9 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
You're both stupid. If neither of you can afford gas, either get a more economical form of transportation or stop whining. You paid $30 to take a cab home, you know how far you could get on $30 gas? Perhaps you brainiacs should just stop going to bars if it means arguing over who drives. You sound like children.
#10 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"]

MrGeezer

Pretty much this. There's no problem taking turns, but if going out of turn causes this much trouble then the two people should probably just stop hanging out with each other.

so who should drive this time?(tonight)

#11 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

You're both stupid. If neither of you can afford gas, either get a more economical form of transportation or stop whining. You paid $30 to take a cab home, you know how far you could get on $30 gas? Perhaps you brainiacs should just stop going to bars if it means arguing over who drives. You sound like children.XilePrincess

so who do you think should drive tonight? thats my point, because he past out, i had to pay $30 for a cab, and like you said $30 can get you a lot of gas

#12 Posted by Storm_Marine (12970 posts) -

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]You're both stupid. If neither of you can afford gas, either get a more economical form of transportation or stop whining. You paid $30 to take a cab home, you know how far you could get on $30 gas? Perhaps you brainiacs should just stop going to bars if it means arguing over who drives. You sound like children.LegitGamer3212

so who do you think should drive tonight? thats my point, because he past out, i had to pay $30 for a cab, and like you said $30 can get you a lot of gas

I don't get why the 'driving' part is such a big deal....do you both hate driving or something?

#13 Posted by Tuco_Salamanca (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="thegerg"]

LegitGamer3212

You should pick him up in a cab and then make him pay for it.
#14 Posted by Storm_Marine (12970 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegitGamer3212"]

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]You're both stupid. If neither of you can afford gas, either get a more economical form of transportation or stop whining. You paid $30 to take a cab home, you know how far you could get on $30 gas? Perhaps you brainiacs should just stop going to bars if it means arguing over who drives. You sound like children.Storm_Marine

I don't get why the 'driving' part is such a big deal....do you both hate driving or something?

who's car is it? who pays for the gas?

#15 Posted by thegerg (17989 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"][QUOTE="thegerg"]

LegitGamer3212

YOu said you take turns, whose turn is it?
#16 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]You're both stupid. If neither of you can afford gas, either get a more economical form of transportation or stop whining. You paid $30 to take a cab home, you know how far you could get on $30 gas? Perhaps you brainiacs should just stop going to bars if it means arguing over who drives. You sound like children.LegitGamer3212

Stay the f*ck home or take a bus. If you're going to fight over a driving distance of 8 MILES (I drive that to work every day) then perhaps STOP GOING OUT if you insist on having one of you drive.
#17 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

[QUOTE="LegitGamer3212"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"] Pretty much this. There's no problem taking turns, but if going out of turn causes this much trouble then the two people should probably just stop hanging out with each other.thegerg

it should be my turn, however, when he drove last time he passed out/fell asleep leaving me stranded, I ended up paying $30 for a cab back home. I feel because I had to pay for the cab he should drive again.

#18 Posted by LegitGamer3212 (1619 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="LegitGamer3212"]

Storm_Marine

who's car is it? who pays for the gas?

I have my own car, he has his own car, if i drive i pay for my gas, if he drives he pays for his.

#20 Posted by thegerg (17989 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="LegitGamer3212"]

LegitGamer3212

it should be my turn, however, when he drove last time he passed out/fell asleep leaving me stranded, I ended up paying $30 for a cab back home. I feel because I had to pay for the cab he should drive again.

Then drive, or don't. We don't care. Make up your own mind, like a big boy.
#21 Posted by Storm_Marine (12970 posts) -

The only solution is to drive him there and pretend to black out so he has to get a taxi as well.