Whoa, People Have Weird Tastes In Music

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MCH
Member since 2003 • 972 Posts

I joined MOG last week (a myspace for music) and have checked out a few other profiles. A lot of people have very strange music collections.

Almost no one seems to have a full album (I guess they've just downloaded rather than bought their music).

Some people have have odd choices such as a collection that's mostly gangster rap, but then they have Britney Spears, Bjork, and The Pussycat Dolls as well???

They don't have the best albums of particular artists. For example, they will have "God's Son" by Nas, but nothing else. Why in the world would you have that and not Illmatic? Especially if you're downloading your music.

Crazy people :o:D

Avatar image for LA_lakers_4life
LA_lakers_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 LA_lakers_4life
Member since 2006 • 7051 Posts
my collection is very eclectic as well...that doesnt mean anything
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I only have full albums. 8)
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Different taste.....they possibly just like one song per band/artist and not the one you'd choose.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
I only have full albums. 8)SolidSnake35
Yes....but of only one band. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts
I don't get it, what exactly is your question?  People like different artists, albums, genres, etc.  Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
You see, there is a little thing called opinion, now what it does is it affects what you like or support or do. Opinions stem from how one would percieve things. Hope that cleared it up for you.
MCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MCH

I don't get it, what exactly is your question?  People like different artists, albums, genres, etc.  Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.dahwnpapaya

Of course not. And of course I know people have different opinions. I respect that. But How can you possibly enjoy Brittney Spears If you have D'Angelo, The Roots, and A Tribe Called Quest in your collection? I would never even download a Britney song. Why in the world would I listen to it when I have much better music?

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~WHAT THE ******* HELL?! MY EYES!!:cry:~-~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d78b683675c5

[QUOTE="dahwnpapaya"]I don't get it, what exactly is your question?  People like different artists, albums, genres, etc.  Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.MCH

Of course not. And of course I know people have different opinions. I respect that. But How can you possibly enjoy Brittney Spears If you have D'Angelo, The Roots, and A Tribe Called Quest in your collection? I would never even download a Britney song. Why in the world would I listen to it when I have much better music?

I guess you will never know

videokidandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 videokidandrew
Member since 2005 • 4000 Posts
Why is it weird just because it isnt what you listen to?
Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts

[QUOTE="dahwnpapaya"]I don't get it, what exactly is your question?  People like different artists, albums, genres, etc.  Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.MCH

Easy. Ther just DO.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Lol, a painted wang. My music selection is mostly metal. I buy or dl full albums. Although some of the metal I listen to is pretty out there for normal people.
alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts
ah crap, what the heck!!!!!! c`mon i hate when crap like this happens
MCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MCH

Why is it weird just because it isnt what you listen to?videokidandrew

It's not weird because it's not what I listen to. It's weird because they have some very good and some very bad music in their collection, have a small amount of a style of music totally different from a huge amount of another. Or have some music from an artist, but not the songs that almost all critics and people in general say is their best.

nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

[QUOTE="videokidandrew"]Why is it weird just because it isnt what you listen to?MCH

It's not weird because it's not what I listen to. It's weird because they have some very good and some very bad music in their collection, have a small amount of a style of music totally different from a huge amount of another. Or have some music from an artist, but not the songs that almost all critics and people in general say is their best.

very bad and very good you say...that is YOUR opinion, their opinion obviously means that those songs are good!
MCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MCH
Sorry, if your music collection is like this, I don't mean to offend you. I just don't know anyone who has collections quite like some of the ones I've seen on Mog.
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts
Sorry, if your music collection is like this, I don't mean to offend you. I just don't know anyone who has collections quite like some of the ones I've seen on Mog.MCH
i dont think youre offending anyone, youre just stating your opinion in a mannerly fashion :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d78b683675c5

"to each his own"

gameguru25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gameguru25
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts
i like a lot of different types of music too. thats just because i like music in general, and ill listen to anything that appeals to me.
slorg_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slorg_king
Member since 2005 • 11269 Posts
[QUOTE="MCH"]

[QUOTE="dahwnpapaya"]I don't get it, what exactly is your question? People like different artists, albums, genres, etc. Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.dahwnpapaya

I guess you will never know

I enjoy John Williams (Classical) and Children of Bodom (Melodic Death Metal). Does that make me a weirdo?
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
I tend to buy my cd's in store, I like to have a "hard copy". And before you say, you can burn it; i have a disorder that makes it difficult for me to label my cd's after i burn them.... well not really. I have a whole crap load of cds, but I don't like all the songs an artist comes out with. there are usually 2-3 songs on each cd that I have that I don't care for. And those people that like the random one song from Brittany, they probably heard it on the radio and liked it for some stupid reason. To each their own i guess.
Se7enwolf101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Se7enwolf101
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts
i like a whole varity of music, but there is very very few rap and RnB songs I like. Its mostly rock/metal but i like from other genres to
Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts
I've seen some pretty weird things in my time...like a guy who enjoyed Britney Spears, Cannibal Corpse, and 50 Cent...weird stuff, but to each his own...
one4damoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 one4damoney
Member since 2006 • 405 Posts
The real question is; Why do you care?
lugiemojeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lugiemojeed
Member since 2004 • 8785 Posts
i guess its called being eclectic
-Iconoclast-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Iconoclast-
Member since 2005 • 6506 Posts
People also have bad taste in music.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
you should expect ppl to have a diff taste
yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
its not that people have weird taste its that people have different taste in music
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

I joined MOG last week (a myspace for music) and have checked out a few other profiles. A lot of people have very strange music collections.

Almost no one seems to have a full album (I guess they've just downloaded rather than bought their music).

Some people have have odd choices such as a collection that's mostly gangster rap, but then they have Britney Spears, Bjork, and The Pussycat Dolls as well???

They don't have the best albums of particular artists. For example, they will have "God's Son" by Nas, but nothing else. Why in the world would you have that and not Illmatic? Especially if you're downloading your music.

MCH

With the internet, you don't have to buy the whole album. You can purchase individual songs from an album perfectly legally.
dealjobber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dealjobber
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
[QUOTE="MCH"]

MrGeezer

With the internet, you don't have to buy the whole album. You can purchase individual songs from an album perfectly legally.

Or you can just download the torrent :)

This is all my music:
http://ornkorn.topcities.com/playlist.html
Avatar image for freakyzeeky1986
freakyzeeky1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 freakyzeeky1986
Member since 2005 • 19711 Posts
God's Son is an excellent album, BTW...
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
my collection is very eclectic as well...that doesnt mean anythingLA_lakers_4life
ya same here. i have punk rock (My Chemical Romance), classic rock (The Who), rap (Jay-Z), and country (Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood)...but who cares its your music that you listen to so why should anyone else say otherwise
Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
I only have full albums. 8)SolidSnake35
Torrents?
Nisstyre_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Nisstyre_56
Member since 2006 • 2849 Posts
I always get the full album
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

God's Son is an excellent album, BTW...freakyzeeky1986

Very true. It has nothing on Illmatic, but I think it's NaS last "great" release. HHID was okay, just like I Am... and Street's Disciple was better than HHID, but still not "great.

pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

[QUOTE="dahwnpapaya"]I don't get it, what exactly is your question? People like different artists, albums, genres, etc. Your not gonna choose what music you like based on what others opinions are.MCH

Simple. They don't understand the value of the superior music. To them, Britney, The Roots, and D'Angelo are all the same. One could make the same argument with respect to entire genres. For some, rap, rock, and clas sical are all the same thing... it's all just 'music.'
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
Bjork is actually good, unlike all the other names you've mentioned. Anyway, I have full albums and also some interesting songs I have found on the Internet on sites such as Last.fm with free songs available for downloads from artists who are trying to get promoted.
Viennoiserie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Viennoiserie
Member since 2007 • 2205 Posts
[QUOTE="dealjobber"
Or you can just download the torrent :)

This is all my music:
http://ornkorn.topcities.com/playlist.html

From all those bands I only like Portishead and also have noticed that you have some mistagged tracks, such as "Half Day Clothing" which is actually "Half Day Closing". :wink:
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
 I actually only had the Demon Days album till yesterday when i finally found the original gorillaz album.   Its pretty freakin awesome
jamesgj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#42 jamesgj
Member since 2005 • 1190 Posts
I listen to metal alot.
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts
If you think thats eclectic, I have both Opeth and TATU on my ipod.....
Punkytrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Punkytrd
Member since 2006 • 3068 Posts
Techno for the win
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#45 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
I dont' find their tastes weird at all. But the Britney Spears I might say now that is not something I would want to listen to. But besides that they have their own tastes. For me I will listen to almost everything from rock, pop, to rock. (I just dont' like country)
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
To each his own. I have weird tastes myself. I like metal, but then I also like Reggie and the Full Effect.