Who would win in an all out brawl: Super-Man or Goku?

#1 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

Yes I know that this topic has been discussed numerous times on this website and others as well, and that Screw Attack has even made a Death-Battle video to show everybody who would win. But they made three major errors in their video. The first error is miscalculating Goku's power level and misinterpreting it. Yes, it was over 8000 in Season 1, but at Season 3 it was Iike 180,000 or something. And then there is DragonBall GT, which raises his power level even higher. Not only did they have the wrong power level, but they based alot of their calculations based off of that one mistake. The second error was not inlcuding Super-Man Prime as that is canon and that wouldn't be an unfair advantage as Goku could just become Super Saiyan God to match up to his power. The third error is that they never included all of Goku's transformations, nor did they at least discuss about it when doing the analysis. Where was Super Saiyan Full Power, or Golden Great Ape, or even Super Saiyan God? Anyways, moving on, who would win in an all out brawl between Super-Man and Goku, if they were to use all of their weapons, fighting skills, powers, abilities, defense, special abilities, and transformations? And yes, including Super Saiyan God and Super-Man Prime. Please be really specific, like give reasons and evidence as well as sources to back up your evidence.

#2 Posted by Korvus (3532 posts) -

So basically you didn't like Superman winning that Death Battle and you're hoping someone else shares your opinion, right? =P

#3 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16716 posts) -

As powerful as Goku is Superman is literally invincible unless there's Kryptonite around.

#4 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

Pretty sure Goku, he could just come back from the dead with a 1 day pass as well.

also once superman get's nailed with Kryptonite he's pretty screwed for a while. Goku really has no weaknesses.

#5 Posted by one_plum (6350 posts) -

Wow. Maybe I'm not that geekish after all.

#6 Posted by GordanChoong (210 posts) -

@korvus said:

So basically you didn't like Superman winning that Death Battle and you're hoping someone else shares your opinion, right? =P

What, didn't you just read my question description? And I am kind of pissed that Super-Man won which was biased and unfair because of those factors listed above. I know the video was made before Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods came out, but still they still miscalculated Goku's stats and power level and never used all of his abilities. The same goes for SuperMan because they never included his Prime transformation even though they included his Sun transformation.

#7 Posted by Korvus (3532 posts) -

@gordanchoong: I'm just saying that this would probably have been a pertinent topic 25 years ago =P But don't let me stop you; carry on =)

#8 Posted by Master_Live (14423 posts) -

Superman.

#9 Edited by BranKetra (48447 posts) -

@gordanchoong said:

@korvus said:

What, didn't you just read my question description? And I am kind of pissed that Super-Man won which was biased and unfair because of those factors listed above. I know the video was made before Dragon Ball: Battle of the Gods came out, but still they still miscalculated Goku's stats and power level and never used all of his abilities. The same goes for SuperMan because they never included his Prime transformation even though they included his Sun transformation.

If you knew, then why did you ask about that Screw Attack Death-Battle like it features up-to-date information?

#10 Posted by magicalclick (22548 posts) -

Superman can beat him in one episode before Goku charges up in three episodes.

#11 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9651 posts) -

remember back when this place was poppin years ago, and we would get this thread every week?

The good ol' days.

#13 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1749 posts) -

Goku doesn't kill anybody so he'd lose when he turns his back on a nearly beaten Superman.

#14 Edited by Judas_ (312 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

Goku doesn't kill anybody so he'd lose when he turns his back on a nearly beaten Superman.

Superman can be a goody-two shoes when it comes to finishing off a foe as well...............

Don't think either would be willing to finish each other off in an all out brawl............

Think that Kakarot has a speed advantage that would give him the edge......................................

#15 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

Hard to tell. Completely different universes. I would say Kakarot. Superman is fast but he is not instant transmission fast and he doesn't have any zenzu beans. Actually idk. Can it be a draw?

#16 Posted by SexyJazzCat (926 posts) -
#17 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -
#18 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Hard to tell. Completely different universes. I would say Kakarot. Superman is fast but he is not instant transmission fast and he doesn't have any zenzu beans. Actually idk. Can it be a draw?

IIRC, Goku only used IT in battle once, and he was only able to because Cell gave him the opportunity.

in normal battle, he can't use it because it requires too much concentration.

#19 Posted by Behardy24 (3805 posts) -

My vote goes towards Superman.

#20 Posted by sukraj (22597 posts) -

Superman

#21 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17269 posts) -

Goku can teleport, has destroyed entire planets, AND doesn't have an obnoxious weakness like Superman does. Not only that, but Superman's powers are dependent on our sun. Goku can simply teleport Superman somewhere else in space and Superman is screwed.

Definitely take Goku here.

#22 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

goku: http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/24-character-profile-son-goku

Don't have one for superman but iirc Superman was better in every category.

#23 Posted by Ballroompirate (22772 posts) -

Superman all day everyday.

#24 Posted by lonewolf604 (8518 posts) -

Goku can teleport, has destroyed entire planets, AND doesn't have an obnoxious weakness like Superman does. Not only that, but Superman's powers are dependent on our sun. Goku can simply teleport Superman somewhere else in space and Superman is screwed.

Definitely take Goku here.

Goku is scared of needles.

#25 Posted by foxhound_fox (88053 posts) -

This is such a tired, and overplayed comparison.

At least pick the most powerful beings in the Marvel or DC universe.

#26 Edited by Meinhard1 (6768 posts) -

- Superman is invincible

- Goku has way more power / abilities

So in an area type setting, superman would be able to simply outlast Goku.

In a more open setting Goku could probably easily exploit Superman's weakness by finding kryptonite.

#27 Posted by Bardock47 (5272 posts) -

jesus, its been a long time since I've seen DBZ, haven't watched since Buu Saga ended (couldnt get into GT). WTF is a super sayian full power, golden ape, or god?!?

#28 Posted by hippiesanta (9838 posts) -

Goku loose because he no have private parts

#29 Posted by Motokid6 (5427 posts) -

Id be more interested in Goku vs. Ichigo. Couldnt even decide on that one.

#30 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

Id be more interested in Goku vs. Ichigo. Couldnt even decide on that one.

Ichigo???? a straight win for Goku. I'd rather compare Goku with Alucard if it ever comes to that. If you want to keep it to the Bleach then I guess Kenpachi is a better foe for Goku.

#31 Posted by Findy37564 (2 posts) -

goku FTW

1 kamehameha and entire planet gone

#32 Edited by Motokid6 (5427 posts) -

@geniobastardo: I.. I don't know. Manga wise.. we've yet to see what Ichigo is capable of. Same goes with Kenpachi, but I'd say Ichigo is more powerful with his new abilities. Of which I won't spoil anything.

So.. Manga Ichigo vs Goku as super saiyan god. Be a hell of a fight I think. Especially if Goku has to deal with Ichigo's swords.

Style/Coolness factor wise Ichigo's Vasto Lorde form beats all however. That has to count for something.