Who will be the next Democrat candidate for president

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

Poll Who will be the next Democrat candidate for president (27 votes)

Hillary Clinton 63%
Elizabeth Warren 19%
Michelle Obama 7%
Joe Biden 7%
Sandra Fluke 0%
Harry Reid 0%
Eddie Fyers 4%

So, who do you think the nominee will be in 2016?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Hillary Clinton or Biden probably. I'd like for it to be Elizabeth Warren.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Hillary has been getting a lot of attention, but do you think she will win the primary? After all back in '07 people were making a big deal out of her, but then Obama defeated her.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

LOL at Michelle Obama. Nobody would vote for that wookie.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whipassmt

@Aljosa23 said:

Yeah, they have more experience and name recognition.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Mercuria1_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Mercuria1_King
Member since 2014 • 278 Posts

It will probably be Hillary sine Biden will be too old by 2016 which is a shame since I would rather vote for Biden.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

i picked Elizabeth Warren... but thats just because that's who i want... but i doubt she will even run. =(

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Sandra Fluke lol

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

hilary clinton is going to be the mitt romney of the democratic nomination.

Establishment as ****, boring as **** but is the person who will have the most money and media capital.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Probably Hillary Clinton. She's probably make a good president. Joe Biden would be hilarious.

If it's Elizabeth Warren then Democrats will not be getting my vote.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jasean79

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

lol Because Christians don't poke fun at people too...Riiiiiiiight. :D

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chessmaster1989
@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I wouldn't suggest you pursue a career as a comedian

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GreySeal9

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

They do, but that doesn't mean it's a Christian thing to do.

I'm just pointing this out because you jabber on and on about Christianity improving you as a person (and you also have the nerve to tell people that having God in their life will help them improve), but then continue to make ugly, immature comments like this.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Jasean is just having some fun you guys

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jasean79

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm just pointing this out because you jabber on and on about Christianity improving you as a person (and you also have the nerve to tell people that having God in their life will help them improve), but then continue to make ugly, immature comments like this.

Oh grow a set. I'm still human and I still enjoy partaking in humor known as sarcasm. That part of me will never change and quite frankly, that's okay with me. I actually don't see that as a part that needs improving. But thank you for your assessment, my fellow atheist. Much appreciated.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GreySeal9

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

Oh grow a set. I'm still human and I still enjoy partaking in humor known as sarcasm. That part of me will never change and quite frankly, that's okay with me. I actually don't see that as a part that needs improving. But thank you for your assessment, my fellow atheist. Much appreciated.

I'm not an atheist.

It doesn't matter what you see as needing improvement. What matters is what is improvement according to Christianity. Christianity does not approve of that kind of meanspiritedness.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dave123321

Funny that jasean jumped to the false atheist claim

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jasean79

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

It doesn't matter what you see as part needed improvement. What matters is what is improvement according to Christianity. Christianity does not approve of that kind of meanspiritedness.

Dude, I hope you're joking. You are joking, right? You have to be. Because I haven't heard anything that silly since I was in kindergarten.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GreySeal9

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

It doesn't matter what you see as part needed improvement. What matters is what is improvement according to Christianity. Christianity does not approve of that kind of meanspiritedness.

Dude, I hope you're joking. You are joking, right? You have to be. Because I haven't heard anything that silly since I was in kindergarten.

So are you arguing that Christianity does approve of meanspiritedness? Do you think that you solely are the judge of what needs improvement?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dave123321

Question, what was the intent behind the wookie comment?

Was it appearance ridicule?

Intelligence ridicule?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@chessmaster1989:

I wonder how it would go down if Warren was a to be a VP candidate. I don't know, to me she hasn't accomplished much more than a minor stall for time that one time in Texas.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jasean79

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

So are you arguing that Christianity does approve of meanspiritedness? Do you think that you solely are the judge of what needs improvement?

Leave it to you to turn a political thread into a religious one. I answered the TC (not you) and you still felt the need to comment it. What a sad existence you must live to derail a thread and try to preach to me about right and wrong.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll add it to the top of my sins at my next reconciliation meeting with my priest. How's that sound? lol

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105

Anyway it's probably going to be Clinton. I know Biden really wants the job, but Hillary's current position allows her to stay out of the uglier side of politics which keeps her at a safe distance from needing to respond to really ugly attacks. Biden on the other hand seems to unnecessarily engage in offensive attacks because I think a part of him really enjoys it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreySeal9

Seems to that jasean is one of those people who are devoted to Christianity until they want to make meanspirited remarks about people they don't like. You can say "I am human" all you want, but calling other people "wookies" is not Christian behavior.

Just the other day, jeasan told toastburner that having God in his life would help him with his "anger," but now that I'm telling jasean how he is not speaking in a Christian way, he's all defensive.

I wouldn't even have responded if someone like Flubbs, who is not self righteous, had made the same comment, but if you're going to use Christianity as a way to get leverage in an argument, it pays to act in a way that is Christian.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasean79

@dave123321 said:

Question, what was the intent behind the wookie comment?

Was it appearance ridicule?

Intelligence ridicule?

No, dave. No.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dave123321

All jasean has to do is just be honest that it's not very Christian of him. Would respect that openness.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GreySeal9

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

Leave it to you to turn a political thread into a religious one. I answered the TC (not you) and you still felt the need to comment it. What a sad existence you must live to derail a thread and try to preach to me about right and wrong.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll add it to the top of my sins at my next reconciliation meeting with my priest. How's that sound? lol

I'll comment on whatever I want. Seems to me like you're defensive because you know deep down that it's not Christian to make meanspirited comments about others.

Anyway, I notice you didn't answer the questions:

Does Christianity approve of meanspiritedness? Are you solely the judge of what needs improvement?

Also, like I said earlier, you told toastburner that having God in his life would make him a less angry person, so you don't really have any room to call me sad for "preaching to you."

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dave123321

I don't want warren

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jasean79

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

I'll comment on whatever I want. Seems to me like you're defensive because you know deep down that it's not Christian to make meanspirited comments about others.

Anyway, I noticed you didn't answer the questions:

Does Christianity approve of meanspiritidness? Are you solely the judge of what needs improvement?

Also, like I said earlier, you told toastburner that having God in his life would make him a less angry person, so you don't really have any room to call me sad for "preaching to you."

Bro, calm down. Out of respect for the TC, I'm not going to derail his thread to satisfy your insatiable desire to try to prove me "Un-Christianlike" or whatever you're rambling on about. So, please, stop spamming this thread. Nobody wants to hear it, especially me.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GreySeal9

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

Does Christianity approve of meanspiritidness? Are you solely the judge of what needs improvement?

Bro, calm down. Out of respect for the TC, I'm not going to derail his thread to satisfy your insatiable desire to try to prove me "Un-Christianlike" or whatever you're rambling on about. So, please, stop spamming this thread. Nobody wants to hear it, especially me.

So, if you disapprove of preaching to others, why do you engage in it yourself?

Also, I will spam the thread if I want. Calling out hypocrisy is worth it. Don't wave around your cross if you're not prepared to live up to it.

If you know anything about Christianity, you know what I'm "rambling on about." Meanspiritedness is not endorsed by Christianity. Do you think that all you have to do is be against abortion or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GreySeal9: he's going to stop replying to you once he gets proven wrong, bro. No use pursuing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

My problem with Jasean is: How the **** could you misspell Wookiee? You should be ashamed of yourself.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dave123321

I hope that jasean doesn't turn this whole thing into some "anti-religous, pro-non faith attack" thing in his mind

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

@chessmaster1989:

I wonder how it would go down if Warren was a to be a VP candidate. I don't know, to me she hasn't accomplished much more than a minor stall for time that one time in Texas.

What did she do?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GreySeal9

@dave123321 said:

I hope that jasean doesn't turn this whole thing into some "anti-religous, pro-non faith attack" thing in his mind

Hopefully not because the Bible not condoning meanspiritedness is one thing I respect about Christianity.

Actually, there's a lot that I respect about Christianity. Of course I don't agree with all of it, but there's definitely a lot of valuable wisdom in the Bible.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dave123321

@airshocker: oh shit I misspelled it too

Oh man oh wow

chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chessmaster1989
@Serraph105 said:

@chessmaster1989:

Are you thinking of Wendy Davis? Warren is senator from MA not sure she's done much in Texas (that I know of)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GreySeal9

@Aljosa23 said:

@GreySeal9: he's going to stop replying to you once he gets proven wrong, bro. No use pursuing it.

Oh, that's fine. Simply calling out hypocrites is good enough for me. Don't need him to respond.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serraph105

@chessmaster1989 said:
@Serraph105 said:

@chessmaster1989:

Are you thinking of Wendy Davis? Warren is senator from MA not sure she's done much in Texas (that I know of)

Oh shit you're right..........well this is embarrassing.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@Aljosa23 said:

Oh, that's fine. Simply calling out hypocrites is good enough for me. Don't need him to respond.

I dunno, Jesus is a pretty mean spirited jackass himself. I mean, he's the one who came up with the whole hell thing, which makes him a horrifying monster, just like his dad.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

In today's world, where so many people believe they should just be handed things, I don't think we should elect another Democratic president. We need to find a less close-minded conservative to teach all these whiners about self-reliance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Looks like it will be Hillary Clinton and Elizabeth Warren. Not sure who else.

No idea who the republican candidate will be. Hopefully, they wisen up and avoid Rick Perry. That guy just doesnt have the smarts to be president. Honestly, I think Jeb Bush would be a good choice, but unfortunately that name is dirt. He's probably the best of the Bush family, but his brother left a scorched earth.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Serraph105

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

So who are these people in your opinion who want everything handed to them?

Also considering the amount that society has done in terms of laying infrastructure not only for themselves, but also designed to last for generations to come isn't the idea of getting by without help from anyone sort of an idealistic yet unrealistic expectation?

I mean self reliance sounds great, but today I will use public roads in part because I had a public education which helped me learn to drive. Furthermore at my job I will help assure that people are connected to a network of other people (via computers) so that if they need to look up information they can rely on the knowledge of others to succeed at their own job.

Don't get me wrong, we don't rely on others for literally everything we do, but the amount that we do on a daily even hourly basis is huge. It makes notion of a president teaching society the ways of self reliance seem quaint at best. Even more so when you consider the president always relies on a group of advisors, experts, cabinet members, even Congress on occasion, etc to perform his own job.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Serraph105

Holy crap I really ranted there.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@whipassmt said:

Hillary has been getting a lot of attention, but do you think she will win the primary? After all back in '07 people were making a big deal out of her, but then Obama defeated her.

The issue Clinton had in 2008 was that she was going against the first black man (despite being half-white) that had a serious chance of being elected. Between voting for the first woman president and the first black president a lot of people made their choice there.

Not everybody voted that way but enough did to tip the scales in Obama's favor. Clinton doesn't have that problem in 2016 and the biggest issue she may have to deal with is the people who blame her for Benghazi. However, most of the people who blame her for that probably wouldn't have voted for her anyway.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@Serraph105 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

So who are these people in your opinion who want everything handed to them?

Also considering the amount that society has done in terms of laying infrastructure not only for themselves, but also designed to last for generations to come isn't the idea of getting by without help from anyone sort of an idealistic yet unrealistic expectation?

I mean self reliance sounds great, but today I will use public roads in part because I had a public education which helped me learn to drive. Furthermore at my job I will help assure that people are connected to a network of other people (via computers) so that if they need to look up information they can rely on the knowledge of others to succeed at their own job.

Don't get me wrong, we don't rely on others for literally everything we do, but the amount that we do on a daily even hourly basis is huge. It makes notion of a president teaching society the ways of self reliance seem quaint at best. Even more so when you consider the president always relies on a group of advisors, experts, cabinet members, even Congress on occasion, etc to perform his own job.

Perhaps that claim can be interpreted as something of a Quaker-esque manner, but I suppose I can elaborate a little. What I'm noticing today is a large group of people in my age range -- the just out of college group -- complaining about the job market, that their degrees aren't earning them any money, the living wage, etc... By self-reliance, I mean we need someone to show this massive group of people how to simply, as harsh as it may sound, deal with their shit.

I've never believed it's the government's job to take care of people, it's their job to keep other countries from bomb us to hell, and other issues much larger than the individual. You'll hear stories like "I got laid off or didn't get a job because of the job market," without ever hearing "in a round of budget cuts, I lost my job while 25-30 other people didn't," or "somebody else got the job I applied for." What I'm noticing is a large group of people only worrying about what they don't have, without ever bothering to figure out why. Why did someone else get the job you wanted? Why, out of 30 employees, was it you your former company found most expendable?

I'm certainly not trying to preach some kind of hippie, Amish lifestyle where everybody provides their own food and what have you, I really just wish somebody would take a stand and preach the value of simply working harder in a way that people can get behind. What I've found in the post-college world is that finding work is not difficult if you know how to approach it.

And while I absolutely embrace the liberal ideals for social equality, I really can't stand the thought of another Democratic leader backing the less affluent Americans (who are mostly made of up liberals) who for some reason believe that simply because I have more money than they do, they are somehow entitled to have some of it.

I'm not preaching Quaker beliefs, I'm preaching hard work, and how so few people I meet seem to understand that they need to work hard to succeed.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 whipassmt

@jasean79: don't worry about derailing my thread. I didn't mean it to be a serious thread anyway.

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

Also, I will spam the thread if I want. Calling out hypocrisy is worth it. Don't wave around your cross if you're not prepared to live up to it.

If you know anything about Christianity, you know what I'm "rambling on about." Meanspiritedness is not endorsed by Christianity. Do you think that all you have to do is be against abortion or something?

okay. I'll interject into this little argument a bit. Yes, mean-spiritedness and insults are not supported by Christianity and are not Christ-like. However I don't know if Jasean's "wookiee" comment was "mean-spirited". I imagine he meant it just as a joke, and probably didn't give it a long, deliberate thought. We aren't perfect, little imperfections happen. I don't consider it a big matter, it's not like he wished harm on her or slandered her.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whipassmt

@jasean79: don't worry about derailing my thread. I didn't mean it to be a serious thread anyway.

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@jasean79 said:

Very Christian of you.

I'm not an atheist.

okay. I'll interject into this little argument a bit. Yes, mean-spiritedness and insults are not supported by Christianity and are not Christ-like. However I don't know if Jasean's "wookiee" comment was "mean-spirited". I imagine he meant it just as a joke, and probably didn't give it a long, deliberate thought. We aren't perfect, little imperfections happen. I don't consider it a big matter, it's not like he wished harm on her or slandered her.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

My bet would be Hillary.