Who should the USA/UK invade, Saudi Arabia and/or Iran?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who should the USA/UK invade, Saudi Arabia and/or Iran? (27 votes)

Saudi Arabia 26%
Iran 4%
both 11%
neither 59%

I say Saudi Arabia. They are funding the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ISIS and other terrorist groups. At least Iran is fighting the terrorists. And no, Iran does not have nuclear weapons.

• 
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127536 Posts

Neither. Unless you want more terrorists... Going to war in the middle east seems pretty good for that though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

How about invading US inner cities and getting rid of violent gangs? They call Chicago Chi-Raq these days.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Colonize Saudi Arabia and control its oil wells. Nothing of importance would be lost.

Get to sell more weapons and keep the oil of these asshats.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@playmynutz said:

How about invading US inner cities and getting rid of violent gangs? They call Chicago Chi-Raq these days.

Yep, I take no pride calling my city Chi-Raq! It's killing tourism and people are moving away from the city.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I vote for North Korea.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

You seem like a typical intolerant progressive masquerading as tolerant, but only when the issue or perspective matches your worldview. You have levelled up and maxed out your hypocrisy skill. Perhaps at the next level up you should put a few points into intelligence.

I would not call myself a progressive. I am an independent (with sympathy's towards social democracy) who does not identify with any major party. I don't agree with libertarianism as definied by Ayn Rand and the Austrian School of economics because it is impractical, counterproductive and inefficient.

And why are you always calling me stupid and/or evil? do you just hate everyone who is not a hardcore libertarian? I have had both school and work experience in both the public and private sector, and the private sector has its share of flaws and shortcomings just like the public sector.

As for "tolerance," I have no use for it. Most people who preach it sure as hell don't practice it.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6970 Posts

@samanthademeste: Hardcore libertarians are delusional simplistic thinkers. Which is exactly what I think about you. You deserve my responses because you troll ideas or concepts.that you clearly have a superficial understanding of at best. This thread is no different. Why you would think anyone should take anything you say seriously is beyond me, as your average 10 yr old can form more cogent arguments.

Read your OP out loud and ask yourself whether it is worth responding too in anything other than a flippant manner. And pls at least attempt to educate yourself on the whole of the issues. Hezbollah, Party of God. On the side of angels, I am sure.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

@samanthademeste: Hardcore libertarians are delusional simplistic thinkers. Which is exactly what I think about you. You deserve my responses because you troll ideas or concepts.that you clearly have a superficial understanding of at best. This thread is no different. Why you would think anyone should take anything you say seriously is beyond me, as your average 10 yr old can form more cogent arguments.

Read your OP out loud and ask yourself whether it is worth responding too in anything other than a flippant manner. And pls at least attempt to educate yourself on the whole of the issues. Hezbollah, Party of God. On the side of angels, I am sure.

I am not a fan of Iran, if that is what you are implying. I am just saying they are fighting the terrorists (i.e:the Taliban, Al Qaeda, ISIS etc.) and their are people in the USA who want to invade Iran. Wouldn't that only help ISIS? Unless they want to "kill two birds with one stone." as the expression goes.

And yes, education and knowledge is very important. Which is why I take websites such as Wikipedia with an extreme grain of salt. Same thing for YouTube.

P.S: No I do not hate you. I am just trying to have a discussion about the War on Terror.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6970 Posts

@samanthademeste: If you want to be taken seriously I suggest you don't start with a title and poll that is inflammatory and absurd. Also I suggest you avoid trite media slogans such as 'the war on terror'. For Iran you could acknowledge that they arm, support and train their terrorists to fight the other guys terrorists and fight our allies. For Saudi Arabia you could acknowledge that there is less evidence of direct support for Sunni terrorist groups, but that their strain of Islam seems closely related to the most virulent terror groups. You could then list 2-4 points per nation and pose a question like: which is worse? That's how you start a legit discussion.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14833 Posts

None. Let them take each other out.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18834 Posts

@SOedipus: "Let them take each other out."

Whats your beef with the US/UK?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus

@PSP107 said:

@SOedipus: "Let them take each other out."

Whats your beef with the US/UK?

No beef with either of those countries. I was referring to Saudi Arabia and Iran.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Our intervention in the Middle East has clearly worked so well... Oh wait no it hasn't, how about ending the wars.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107

@SOedipus: "I was referring to Saudi Arabia and Iran."

You have beef with them?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SOedipus

@PSP107 said:

@SOedipus: "I was referring to Saudi Arabia and Iran."

You have beef with them?

No beef with them either, otherwise I would have voted "both". Granted, I am not a fan of Saudi Arabia nor Iran, but no beef. And I love beef.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PSP107

@SOedipus:

I guess I took this

"Let them take each other out."

As if you don't care if they blow each other up.

BalaminienBGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BalaminienBGS
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

Are you going to be there on the frontlines with the army? Handling systems on the aircraft carrier? Dropping bombs in a cockpit?

If you are, then by all means I respect your tennacity to get into action.

If you won't be, then tell me about the the proposals you and the committee you're leading will do to take care of troops that'll return, because I hear alot about the benefits for returning wounded/maimed and psychologically being pretty inadequate.

Or are you a contractor that'll be part of the possible revitalisation of the invaded country's infrastructure? If so what are the lessons you think could be learned from procedures that have been made with the last few invasions? I'm to understand the project of rebuilding those regions didn't turn out quite like rebuilding Europe.

Wait, no, maybe you're part of the CIA? What's the word on groups that could form out of the destruction and war? What is currently the group or figure you've been working with to help ease into power with the transition of a new government, or has the agency come to the conclusion the current government could possibly still exist as is? Or is that kind of advisory made by another person or some cabinet member? I'm sorry I'm ignorant on alot of things.

I don't know who you are.

I'm a Canadian with no family members serving the US army or Canadian armed forces (which could possibly be part of operations) and I myself am just a student learning a degree in Applied Computer Science.

I voted for neither as I can't imagine how I should have a say on pushing / orchestrating an event full of matters that wouldn't be directly as a result of my contribution in a deadly or highly expensive scenerio. A complicated field I have no experience in nor being even the nationality of the people that would be seeing the endevor through (on ether end).

Aka I would rather not send people to die, to kill, to rebuild and be what possibly contributes to the forming of more groups bent on "continuing" the war after a standing army is routed. Especially considering how detached I'd be in each circumstance.

(Sorry for spelling errors)

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

Our intervention in the Middle East has clearly worked so well... Oh wait no it hasn't, how about ending the wars.

Hillary and Trump are both interventionists. But otherwise your right.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CommandoAgent

@jdiggle said:

If we can help it we shouldn't invade either. A full-scale invasion has to be a last resort. As for the claim that Saudi Arabia is finding ISIS, Al Qaeda and the Taliban, I have heard that claim before but it also seems that Al Qaeda wants to overthrow the Saudi government so I don't think the government would fund them. I think there are certainly wealthy individuals within Saudi Arabia and some within the government that support Al Qaeda in various ways, but I don't think the government as a whole does so as a matter of policy. As for Iran it may be fighting against some terrorist groups like ISIS (and in the process Iran is extending its own influence in Iraq) but it also backs other terrorist groups like Hezbollah and Hamas.

Of the two countries, the U.S. is probably more likely to go to war against Iran as Iran is a bigger threat to the U.S. and to our allies (and to some extent Saudi Arabia is an ally).

America is helping AQ in Syria and Yemen, Iraq the war on terror is the biggest fraud. Invading Iran would be Iraq 2.0. You do realize the Saudis are the biggest terror exporters right? i fail to see Iran as a threat as they are fighting ISIS in Syria.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

None. But destroy ISIS.

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CommandoAgent

@indzman said:

None. But destroy ISIS.

ISIS funds come from KSA.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

Put pressure on Saudi Arabia, like what Europe has already done.

As for Iran, just let the youth win the culture wars, which will probably happen sooner or later. No need to get into more unneeded conflicts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

Neither.
Spend US money on the US and fix those problems.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

This thread has very little to discuss, especially given the absurdity of the topic, which comes way out of left field. I would have let it be, but it's proven its value by attracting violent comments, personally directed jabs and one-liners.

So no. It's locked.