Who saw 47 Ronin on Christmas day ? (Spoiler Alert)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LexLas (4237 posts) -

(Spoiler Alert)

Anyone else catch this movie on Christmas day ? It was so packed i had to sit at the very bottom looking up at the screen. The theater was packed. The movie was pretty dam cool, but i hated the story, and ending. Why in the world do they have to kill themselves at the end ? WTF ? The freakin guy was under a spell, and the king or whatever he is knew that, so why make them all kill themselves ? This honor shit is bs when you know that your leader was under witchcraft when he almost commited a crime. He never even did anything wrong, but everyone is forced to kill themselves ? Hated that part, and some of the story too was lame. Was still cool to watch, and i believe it said it was a true story, if you believe in that sort of thing.

#2 Edited by indzman (17630 posts) -

Is the movie worth watching ? i might check it out this weekend as i'm fond of western asian movies as The Last Samurai, The Wolverine. Currently watching Kneau Reeve's Man of Tai Chi, its kinda cool too :)

#3 Posted by LexLas (4237 posts) -

@indzman said:

Is the movie worth watching ? i might check it out this weekend as i'm fond of western asian movies as The Last Samurai, The Wolverine. Currently watching Kneau Reeve's Man of Tai Chi, its kinda cool too :)

Yes, worth watching.

#4 Posted by indzman (17630 posts) -

@LexLas said:

@indzman said:

Yes, worth watching.

cool, i'll watch it on morning show lol.

#5 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150772 posts) -

You should probably have a spoiler alert there....

#6 Posted by destinhpark (4744 posts) -

I heard it's supposed to be awful but I gotta admit it looks kinda cool to me. From what I heard there isn't enough action, is that true?

#7 Posted by LexLas (4237 posts) -

I heard it's supposed to be awful but I gotta admit it looks kinda cool to me. From what I heard there isn't enough action, is that true?

Well thats because everyone is used to 3 hour movies these days. This is a regular movie length wise, that is why. But yes, from today's 3 hours standards, we could have used more.

#8 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17314 posts) -

Movie looked terribad. Am avoiding like the plague.

Keanu Reeves pretty much gaurantees the movie is awful....

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (23641 posts) -

I did and it was mildly amusing. Keanu Reeves didn't ruin the movie, the movie did though lack a good amount of action and some of the actions scenes seemed rushed and not fully developed, even at the end. And the pacing of the narrative wasn't always consistent. But it had everything to make it a watchable film. It's probably going to bomb though. I for one found that the only options in my area were almost entirely dominated by 3D showings, with the exception of 1 or maybe 2 non-3D showings at certain theaters per day; that in my opinion will turn people off. People don't want to pay another $3 for a movie which they probably expect the 3D to be minimal enough to barely call it a 3D movie just to milk the audience more of their hard earned money. Anyhow, just wait for it to hit Redbox if you can.

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14424 posts) -