Who is the greatest pro wrestler of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Yea I know wrestling sucks now, especially with Punk leaving (who could blame him?)

I rarely ever watch it anymore, and when I do stumble across it on TV I just laugh at what its become, but as a kid I loved it and studied the history of it. Hulk Hogan probably had the biggest impact on it, maybe Stone Cold. But after thinking about it I feel that the most talented in-ring performer, the guy who had persona, character, who made you believe his pain was real, and who had the most epic matches of all time was none other than The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels.

I saw a list of the top voted best matches of all time and Shawn Michaels was in many of them. I think he was in 4 of the 10 voted.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Shuhei Yoshida:

Loading Video...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Best in ring wrestler - AJ Styles - he was amazing to watch in ring during his tna spell.

Best wrestler at mic work - bully ray - he was such a good heel andcould generate heat just through talking.

Best looks the part wrestler - lashley

Most extreme wrestler - sabu - old ecw days

Best overall wrestler taking into account everything- STING

Had to stick to TNA and sabu from ECW I don't really acknowledge wwe exists.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Whichever one they decide is going to win this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Too broad of a question.

Best at what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Nuck81 said:

Too broad of a question.

Best at what?

This. Best persona? Best performance? The most skilled?

It's not fair to rate persona since they don't always choose what persona they'll be playing. Performance is also impacted by script. As for skill, to me it has to be one of the high-fliers...they were the only reason I used to watch wrestling...nowadays it's all punch, punch, trash talk, pin...not interested.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

Well I can tell you who was the best Hardcore Wrestler his name is: Mick Foley. Mick was sooo Entertaining when WWF/E was all about Hardcore and the Hardcore Championship belt was a thing. Mick survive most of everything including falling from the top of Hell in a Cell when Undertaker toss him off and boy, that was epic.

Mick Foley the greatest Hardcore Wrestler of all times. There won't be another like him cause WWE does not like Hardcore matches anymore :-(

Mick Foley, Mankind, Cactus Jack.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

king kong bundy

hulk hogan

andre the giant

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

@korvus said:

@Nuck81 said:

Too broad of a question.

Best at what?

This. Best persona? Best performance? The most skilled?

It's not fair to rate persona since they don't always choose what persona they'll be playing. Performance is also impacted by script. As for skill, to me it has to be one of the high-fliers...they were the only reason I used to watch wrestling...nowadays it's all punch, punch, trash talk, pin...not interested.

See, I prefer the Technical guys.

That's why questions like this are bullshit. Not to mention there are INCREDIBLY talented guys in Japan and Mexico that America has never seen.

Most people would probably say Lex Luger was a better wrestler than Lance Storm. Simply because of the push he got. But a Push doesn't equal talent or greatness. There is no objective criteria were Lance Storm is not significantly better than Lex Luger, except maybe Size.

Then you have guys that were popular in the 40's and 50's back when people thought that Pro Wrestling was legit. Guys like Boris Malenko, Buddy Rich, Harley Race, and Gorgeous George. Those guys were pretty limited in what they could do since it was more important that it look legit. The guys today have a lot more freedom, since the majority is in on the fact that the business is a work. But that doesn't take away from the old school guys talent or ability.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

LOL, wrasslin'

Kazushi Sakuraba or Josh Barnett. They are actual catch wrestlers on top of being good pro wrasslers.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

kazushi sakuraba

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New!

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

I don't know about the best, but I'd say my favorites are Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels. The Rock and Triple H are pretty cool too.