Who got The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-Ray?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74648 posts) -

Is Bane's voice far louder than the rest of the film for you? His voice is so loud, it's rattling my speakers; it's highly distracting.

#2 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

Well, people complained about not being able to clearly hear him in theaters, so now it's time for Bane's payback by bleeding out their eardrums.

In response to the title, I got it via the complete trilogy blu-ray set. Gave away my old copies of BB and TDK as not to take up space.

#3 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74648 posts) -

Well, people complained about not being able to clearly hear him in theaters, so now it's time for Bane's payback by bleeding out their eardrums.

In response to the title, I got it via the complete trilogy blu-ray set. Gave away my old copies of BB and TDK as not to take up space.

TheFallenDemon
This is killing the film for me. It's bad enough that Bale makes Batman sound like a chain smoker.
#4 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

Not me.

#5 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6283 posts) -
Good movie, not nearly as good as TDK though. Don't think I will even rewatch it honestly.
#6 Posted by brucewayne69 (2861 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

JustPlainLucas
This is killing the film for me. It's bad enough that Bale makes Batman sound like a chain smoker.

Your comments are killing me. Not in a good way.
#7 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

i'm really curious about the trilogy set, so long as it stay at 30 bucks.

I'd like to pick it up, just don't got the spending cash for it right now.

#8 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
Both times I saw it in theatres his voice was very loud, same for the download I watched. Still think it's a crap movie though.
#10 Posted by SolidTy (45118 posts) -

I have TDKR Blu-Ray, but I haven't watched it yet.

I saw it three times in theatres, all three times proper Imax (70mm, not those AMC fake Imaxs).

So, I am instead rewatching Die Hard series on Blu-Ray which I got on sale in preparation for the new movie.

#11 Posted by Pffrbt (6589 posts) -

I saw it three times in theatres, all three times proper Imax (70mm, not those AMC fake Imaxs).

SolidTy

Sounds excruciating.

#12 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29603 posts) -
I do not plan on rewatching that movie.
#13 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28196 posts) -
I do not plan on rewatching that movie.chessmaster1989
#14 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29603 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]I do not plan on rewatching that movie.sammyjenkis898

I now plan on rewatching that movie.
#15 Posted by SolidTy (45118 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Pffrbt

Sounds excruciating.

Watching it true 70mm Imax sound and visuals brought more enjoyment out of the flick, not to mention each time was a whole different group of friends. It was fun watching their faces light up with the visuals and sound in overdrive.

Still, it wasn't thrilling seeing it a third time.

I am trying to consolidate The Hobbit High Frame Rate into one-two groups this go round.

#16 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
Didn't think the movie was good enough to purchase on Bluray to be perfectly honest. I think this nails it. (SPOILERS IN LINK.)
#17 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28196 posts) -

I think this nails it. (SPOILERS IN LINK.)nocoolnamejim

I think a lot of this nails it.

#18 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28196 posts) -
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]I do not plan on rewatching that movie.chessmaster1989

:(
#19 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29603 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]sammyjenkis898

You could save me 2.5 hours of my life and watch it yourself. :evil:
#20 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28196 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] I now plan on rewatching that movie.

Have a spare 4 hours?
#21 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29603 posts) -
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"] :(

Have a spare 4 hours?

Yes. But I keep squandering it.
#22 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28196 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] You could save me 2.5 hours of my life and watch it yourself. :evil:

Have a spare 4 hours?

Yes. But I keep squandering it.

I expect a PM one day. :(
#23 Posted by Pittfan666 (8534 posts) -
Terrible villain and jarring scene changes made the movie stink.
#24 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

I am reporting you all for derailing the thread

#25 Posted by mjf249 (2863 posts) -

I bought the trilogy set, so happy it is finally out. I hated TDKR at first but watching it after a few times I'd have to say BB, TDKR, and than TDK. Batman Begins to me was probably the best Batman movie in my opinion, definitely my favorite superhero movie of all time.

#26 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -

I bought the trilogy set, so happy it is finally out. I hated TDKR at first but watching it after a few times I'd have to say BB, TDKR, and than TDK. Batman Begins to me was probably the best Batman movie in my opinion, definitely my favorite superhero movie of all time.

mjf249
I agree with your ranking of the movies. Begins was the only one I actually consider a good movie. But why would you re-watch a movie you hated multiple times?
#27 Posted by TrueAmerican007 (700 posts) -
Alot of hipsters in this thread.
#28 Posted by sukraj (23448 posts) -

I'm not a fan of these movies.

#29 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

I'll buy it at some point, but I'm not rushing out to get it.

#30 Posted by Nuck81 (5875 posts) -
Out of all the movies I saw in the theatre this year, TDKR ranks about 4th or 5th.
#31 Posted by Avian005 (4112 posts) -

I did, yesterday. Still my favorite movie of the year.

#32 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6337 posts) -

I actually thought he sounded louder in the theaters

#33 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6337 posts) -

mjf249
Begins is also my favorite. It is such a fantastic film from start to finish. I liked TDKR when I first saw it in the cinema but felt a little disappointed, after viewing it a second time I really enjoyed
#34 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6337 posts) -
[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]Both times I saw it in theatres his voice was very loud, same for the download I watched. Still think it's a crap movie though.

Wait wait wait You watched the film at the cinema twice, downloaded it and watched it for a 3rd time and you think it's crap. I have to ask, why watch it so many times if you didn't enjoy it?
#35 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"]Both times I saw it in theatres his voice was very loud, same for the download I watched. Still think it's a crap movie though.The_Gaming_Baby
Wait wait wait You watched the film at the cinema twice, downloaded it and watched it for a 3rd time and you think it's crap. I have to ask, why watch it so many times if you didn't enjoy it?

While watching it the first time it got progressively worse to me and I walked away not hating it, but thinking it tried too hard. Then the more I mulled it over in my mind, the worse it got to me. I had already promised to go see it with friends back home the next week so I went to see it, hoping that it might get better on second viewing and I really just wanted to go to sleep.

My roommate downloaded it and wanted to use my TV to watch it. And honestly, I really wanted to be able to enjoy it. I've loved Batman since I was a kid and I've overall been very impressed with Nolan's previous two films so I really wanted this to be the first proper super hero trilogy that didn't screw up everything the first two established (X-MEN is a great example). It was on while I was doing work and I was hoping that it would at least have the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince effect: Horrible to watch in theatres where my attention is forced at it, but semi enjoyable when I can ignore all the crap on my own terms and pay attention to it when I want/ignore the fact that it screwed up so bad.