Who doesnt drink here?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Scissorman88 (173 posts) -

Are there any non drinkers here, I always feel out of the loop whenever people are like "oh get me a (Insert unusual drink name here)", and dont forget (the hell other ingredient), or how people brag about drinking more than the other, etc. I'm not a drinker at all, and find alcohol/beer gross.

#2 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
I am a drinker, but I started "late" compared to most teens my age.
#3 Posted by helwa1988 (2113 posts) -
Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.
#4 Posted by achilles614 (4865 posts) -
I'm not a drinker despite legally being able to purchase alcohol. I see little appeal in it, same reasons I don't do LSD or other drugs/substances. I maybe have 4 drinks a year
#5 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.helwa1988
You know you don't have to drink heavilly to drink, right...

#6 Posted by MonoSilver (1525 posts) -
I haven't touched any alcohol for almost 8 years now. I used to drink socially with my friends but never got drunk. I never liked the taste of any drink I had and one day when it made me feel really sick I just stopped.
#7 Posted by helwa1988 (2113 posts) -

[QUOTE="helwa1988"]Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.Pirate700

no you dont. but most people do.
#8 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="helwa1988"]Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.helwa1988

You are really showing your ignorance here...

#9 Posted by dave123321 (34266 posts) -
I don't drink much.
#10 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

As an Irish person I find this thread highly disturbing, could the mods please lock this thread?

#11 Posted by Scissorman88 (173 posts) -

I'll drink socially but one drink at most.

#12 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36903 posts) -
I'm drunk right now
#13 Posted by brimmul777 (1323 posts) -

I drink about two to three times a year.I don't drink 1% compared to what I used to drink.I used to be a chain smoker too.With help from God,I quit both.Trust me,I'm not lying.Thank You God.

#14 Posted by Planeforger (15935 posts) -
I might drink in social situations, but not much. Don't see the point in getting drunk.
#15 Posted by jimkabrhel (15422 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="helwa1988"]Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.helwa1988

Um, not. The majority of people who do drink aren't binge drinkers.

#16 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="helwa1988"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]You know you don't have to drink heavilly to drink, right...

jimkabrhel

Exactly. No offense to anyone, but you can always tell who the kids are in these drinking threads because they think alcohol is meant to be binged. Mind sets like his are the very reason why the drinking age is so high in this country. Your average consumer of alcohol has a couple beers or glasses of wine at the end of the day while relaxing and watching TV. They aren't doing keg stands.

#17 Posted by johnd13 (8619 posts) -

I'll drink socially but one drink at most.

Scissorman88

Me too. I don' t really like alcohol so if out with friends I' ll just have one bottle of beer max and that' s it.

#18 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="helwa1988"] no you dont. but most people do.Pirate700

Exactly. No offense to anyone, but you can always tell who the kids are in these drinking threads because they think alcohol is meant to be binged. Mind sets like his are the very reason why the drinking age is so high in this country. Your average consumer of alcohol has a couple beers or glasses of wine at the end of the day while relaxing and watching TV. They aren't doing keg stands.

funnily enough, the extremely high drinking age doesn't make things better and some would argue actually makes the problem worse.
#19 Posted by dave123321 (34266 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="helwa1988"] no you dont. but most people do.Pirate700

mhm. Bunch of irresponsible youth. Then there is Jand
#20 Posted by dave123321 (34266 posts) -
Actually I think Jand has cut down on drinking in general. Not that he was drinking all the time.
#21 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I started late and didn't really think much of it. Only ever drink on special occasions now. People just boast off these things when they're younger as it makes them seem older and cooler, which is what most young kids strive for. It's that mentality that sticks with some throughout life, that it's the cool thing to do.

Of course that's hardly the case for everyone, that's just what the vibe around where I grew up tended to be.

#22 Posted by KnightSkull (1702 posts) -

I don't drink very often, when I do it's usually only on special occasions.

#23 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
I don't drink.
#24 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13296 posts) -

Drinking makes me feel like I have the flu, so I don't often. When I do, it's like one beer with dinner, and I usually don't finish that one. When I'm done eating whatever is left in the bottle gets poured down the sink.

#25 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Drinking makes me feel like I have the flu, so I don't often. When I do, it's like one beer with dinner, and I usually don't finish that one. When I'm done eating whatever is left in the bottle gets poured down the sink.

br0kenrabbit

:cry: This makes me sad. 

#26 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

you are so cute

#27 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13296 posts) -

This makes me sad. 

Pirate700

Well...I've never developed a real taste for beer. There are some meals that it does indeed compliment, but by itself it still tastes like fizzy piss. :?

#28 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

Pirate700

:cry: This makes me sad. 

Wrong emotion, bro. That's definitely an anger.

#29 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

This makes me sad. 

br0kenrabbit

Well...I've never developed a real taste for beer. There are some meals that it does indeed compliment, but by itself it still tastes like fizzy piss. :?

Oddly enough, as much as I love beer (and I drink it daily), I do not like it with most food. I don't know why.

#30 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13296 posts) -

Oddly enough, as much as I love beer (and I drink it daily), I do not like it with most food. I don't know why.

Pirate700

Anything BBQ or smoked it goes well with, or Mexican food of course.

#31 Posted by guynamedbilly (12967 posts) -
I don't drink really. Maybe two days a year. Nothing special about it imo.
#32 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I drink but try to keep it to friday and saturdays only.  I'll have 1 or 2 beers on a sunday or something but never drink on days I have work and school.  I try not to get totally wasted either.  Always wanna taste the newest micro brews :P.

#33 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18415 posts) -
I drink, but very rarely now.. as you get older, have a family etc you don't have time to drink, and when you do you often don't.
#34 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6839 posts) -
I drink every now and again, and when I do, it's usually not much.
#35 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

I don't drink.

#36 Posted by mindstorm (15247 posts) -
I'm not against the idea of drinking in moderation but due to certain obligations I must fulfill I have freely given up alcohol. Basically, I'm in contract with my seminary not to drink. Therefore, I will not drink a drop of it in order to keep my word despite believing I have the moral freedom to do so.
#37 Posted by Communist_Soul (3080 posts) -

I thought I never would. But now I drink, mostly for relaxing after a long day. I also happen to enjoy getting shlttered (drunk/smashed).

#38 Posted by Serraph105 (28353 posts) -
I don't not drink.
#39 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24329 posts) -

I don't drink at all because I just hate the taste of alcohol, but even if I forced myself to I think I should avoid it as I have this feeling I would end up drinking myself to death very quickly.

#40 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

Drinking is sensless. It kills your liver and leaves with a bad headache.helwa1988
This, Its fun af when your drunk but unless I get some food on my real quick, the next day is a terrible mess.

#41 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

I don't drink, but thats due to the fact that I used to be a raging alcoholic.

#42 Posted by jesuschristmonk (3308 posts) -

I don't.

I don't see the point in drinking something that burns my throat, and doesn't taste good, especially since I drink stuff-that tastes good-for nourishment.

#43 Posted by LazySloth718 (2332 posts) -

I drink when it's appropriate.

%99.99 of the time I'm straight edge.

#44 Posted by Stranger_36 (481 posts) -
I don't.
#45 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
Knocking down some bottles of Leffe Ruby. mmm
#46 Posted by idunnodude (2282 posts) -

hell i'm pretty tipsy right now. but i don't look down upon ppl who don't drink or anything, if anything thats a good thing. i don't think there is any harm in social drinking though. lots of ppl these days have a lot of self control though which i do admire.

#47 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Hi.

#48 Posted by TwoFace-BS (10395 posts) -
Im Irish........what do you think?
#49 Posted by KiIIyou (27151 posts) -
Not really, just a little whenever.
#50 Posted by megagene (23027 posts) -
I drink almost every day. But just a little bit.