Who are worst bullies in your opinion: Girls or Guys?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrduckbears3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Who are worst bullies in your opinion: Girls or Guys? (22 votes)

Girls 68%
Guys 32%

girls and guys bullying differently...girls usually go for the jugular and hurt you emotionally with tough scarring words...and guys..well it's pretty much physical with general pushing or bruise taking punches.

but who are worse in your opinion? i say girls only because words hurt more than physical violence...as long as that physical violence doesn't involve any weapons

• 
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

To put what you said more succinctly: When boys fight, they punch each other. When girls fight, they destroy each others lives.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Dude, girls are. Like you said, they bully you emotionally. That shit doesn't heal really fast if not at all. Guys play mind games but it's just trash talk that barely really even target you. They target your family instead, mostly the sister or the mother and if they do target you, they just call you (forgive the homophobic words) a ***, gay, bitch, etc. Bruises heal, fights don't last long and fights usually end it all unless something between the two is personal, like if an ex boyfriend who may have used a guys sister for sex, broke her heart and told a bunch of people how easy she is. Then that isn't really bullying anymore, it's a personal vendetta.

Girls though, for guys at least, we don't have many options when facing these bullies. We can't hit women unless they're beating our asses and we act in self defense. Even then we still get fucked. We can't say much unless we actually know something about the girl that we can use against them. We pretty much just have to take their shit and deal with it. Even if we did do something, there could be an older brother coming to hunt your ass next, so it's a lose-lose situation. I don't know how girls handle it but it sucks for us dudes. At least guys like me.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

i think emotional bullying is a myth

so guise obv

ok perhaps thats a understating emotional bullying some, but

well

LOL

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Girls are like Bane. They don't torture your body, but your soul. And then when your spirit is ashes, then and only then, you have their permission to die.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

(Based on personal experience), girls are generally quite nice to everyone except creepers and their equivalent of "bullying" is literally just ignoring them and bitching about said creepers to each other. Even the hugely popular cheerleader types almost never harass or denigrate anybody. As far as dudes go, the more aggressive and psychopathic jocks will yell at, push around and openly make fun of people they don't like, the rest of them are as nice as the girls. Don't know about how it's done elsewhere but that's the situation here.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Guys are morons. They tend to bully a fellow guy for impressing a girl. Girls are not bullies , they cunning and laugh their ass off watching us guys fight amongst ourselves for them.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Bullies are interesting creatures. It depends on Victimology, if your the emotionally vulnerable type then a you will attract the emotional bullies, same goes for Physical bullies and weaklings. As for whic one is worse, thats purely subjective.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Barbariser said:

(Based on personal experience), girls are generally quite nice to everyone except creepers and their equivalent of "bullying" is literally just ignoring them and bitching about said creepers to each other. Even the hugely popular cheerleader types almost never harass or denigrate anybody. As far as dudes go, the more aggressive and psychopathic jocks will yell at, push around and openly make fun of people they don't like, the rest of them are as nice as the girls. Don't know about how it's done elsewhere but that's the situation here.

I've seen plenty of girls ruin each other.

Girl A is now dating the previous boyfriend of Girl B. Girl B rounds up her clique and even some of Girl A's friends and they start harassing her to no end via social media, at school, workplace, etc. Soon, Girl A is having a rough life, her grades start falling, her performance in the work place goes down the shitter, etc. Girls go on and on and on and don't stop.

I'm sure you read the news where these two girls harassed a fellow student to the point of suicide and then continued to talk shit about her on Facebook after she was dead.

Story

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Girls always got to have a rival and like to form little groups to conspire against someone.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@Barbariser said:

You must be from a different era. :/

Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

@Barbariser: I live in a good neighbourhood and went to an embarrassingly safe high school, and the worst "bullies" were the queen-bee chicks who had a posse. But amazingly they usually went after girls in other popular cliques, not the loners or what have you. Saw a catfight in the hall, and heard a pretty crazy story of someone getting dragged out of her car and getting beat up by another girl.... no real fights on the guy side but they probably took it off school property.

Man I love high school politics. I will say it's getting harder to say if girls or guys are worse just because of social media. Guys are just as capable of acting like bitches behind a wall of text, as we all know.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Sharpie125: Do we go to same High School!?! But for real, at my hs popular people just fight between each other and there is a lot of drama that goes between them. At my school though there are cat and guy fights. Rare,but not uncommon. It's weird because at my grade level,there isn't that one real popular person or group. Everyone is just hangs out in different groups and know real tension between all the groups. But,like I said, there is probably tension within the groups sometimes.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I do not really know. I think girls and women are less nice on average where I am currently residing than these boys and men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

To me they are both just as bad, I feel depending on the person, a female bully can be just as bad as a male bully.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

The girls from what I've witnessed. They some some terrible things to other girls and when they fight, they fight like animals.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

@Storm_Marine said:

@Barbariser said:

You must be from a different era. :/

he is in a part of the world that time left behind

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Guys bully more during school years ...

but

Girls are the worst especially at work or during adulthood

they their weak husband, nagging at their children, bully junior staff, their rivals and other weaker females ... and they always used feminism as a shield and excuse to defend themself

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

@plageus900: That story's from Florida. I live in a country that is literally the entire U.S.A. + the Pacific Ocean away, and my observations may or may not be just confined to a local private school and college.

@Sharpie125 said:

@Barbariser: I live in a good neighbourhood and went to an embarrassingly safe high school, and the worst "bullies" were the queen-bee chicks who had a posse. But amazingly they usually went after girls in other popular cliques, not the loners or what have you. Saw a catfight in the hall, and heard a pretty crazy story of someone getting dragged out of her car and getting beat up by another girl.... no real fights on the guy side but they probably took it off school property.

Man I love high school politics. I will say it's getting harder to say if girls or guys are worse just because of social media. Guys are just as capable of acting like bitches behind a wall of text, as we all know.

That's quite true. Of all the tweeters I know, the only one who really uses that website for bitching about other people is a dude. Your situation was still a lot wilder than mine - our equivalent of popular girls all got along fairly well, and no serious physical fights ever took place on the grounds at all. If not for google, I'd probably get the impression that this kind of stuff might be a mainly Western or Anglophone thing.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Definitely girls, with guys shit doesn't usually drag out and constantly eat at you. Girls will remind you of something you did (or didn't do) years down the road even if it's insignificant shit that no one cares about anymore.

Guys hit, girls will find a way to rake hot coals over your soul and some will also hit.

Also Girl on girl bullying is fucking vicious.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

both genres are bad

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

Guys bully more during school years ...

but

Girls are the worst especially at work or during adulthood

You hit the nail right on the head with this one. I work in an office that is mostly women (including management). They are the most malicious, back-stabbing, hurtful gender to work with (and under). I try to remain neutral with them, because to get on their "bad side" is an invitation to make your work life a living hell.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

I went to a black HS. Both the male and female bullies used physical violence. Based on the above posts I guess that makes me "lucky" :-/

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Ah yes...let's generalize everyone by sex. Because that totally works.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

I have no idea. I think it depends on the person.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

just generalizing:

with guys, it's just about asserting dominance.

with girls, it's about making you hate yourself, destroying you from the inside.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#26  Edited By GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

My experience was the same as some of the posts above, in that the bullying in high school mostly revolved around popular cliques going after each other. Sometimes they'd bully the loners, but it was mostly against each other.

As to who's worse, I think it's fairly even. I don't agree that male bullying can't mess a guy's life up. Guys who are bullied often lose all their confidence, other guys won't want to hang out with them, and girls see them as weak and won't want anything to do with them. Shattered confidence can follow guys for a long time. And they get the bruises to go along with it. I don't think it hurts guys as bad after high school though. Girls really will ruin each other's lives. I've known quite a few attractive girls who were/are convinced that they're ugly and have to constantly try to prove themselves wrong by getting screwed by every guy who approaches them. Lack of self-esteem caused by bullying can really **** a girl up.

halipokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 halipokes
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

I'm going to join here and say the bullying is very different, but it might be as bad. Yes, girls may be tedious and destroy ones life from inside out and leave you wondering your existence, but sometimes boys are pretty damn horrible to others. Example here:

At eight grade, in my class there was this little, a bit chubby boy, who spent all his free time reading Dragon Ball or Inuyasha, pretty much... just manga. He didn't really have friends, because boys seemed to avoid him and girls... well, girls are what they are. Not even other nerds would hang out with him.

Other boys closed the door in front of him, making him run to the other side of the building, just to make him run and then be late for class, and then laughed and threw paper, pen, everything to him in the class. When he was quietly sitting in the corridor, boys would come to him and pretend they were gonna kick him, and you could see from his face he was frightened of this.

One day they took his Dragon Ball -manga and they ripped it apart. This was sorta the point when someone first touched the subject of bullying on him, when I went and told the only teacher who had authority towards children in the whole school about it.

That boy's life was pretty much wrecked at that point. He started crying in class and I am almost certain he switched school few times after that.

I am not saying girls are not good at destroying lives, I'm just adding that they are not the only ones.