White male privilege responsible for shooting, professor argues

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Link

So, what's the cause of all the shootings?

White male privilege? My guess is no.

Video games? LOL @ this 14 or 15 year old scapegoat for teenage violence...Millions of us play FPS games and don't go on shooting sprees.

Gun culture? Possibly.

America's glorification of violence? Possibly.

Easy access to guns? Maybe.

Mental illness? Likely.

Maybe a combo of two or more of these, but I'm pretty sure white male privilege and especially video games aren't the cause.

Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Typical leftist college professor nonsense. They blame everything on that laughable concept of "White privilege".

It's amazing that such things can be published nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I don't get it. If we're so privileged, why do some of us feel the need to go on shooting sprees?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamerguru100

Typical leftist college professor nonsense. They blame everything on that laughable concept of "White privilege".

Tezcatlipoca666
Someone's probably gonna call you kraychik for using the word "leftist", but I agree with what you're saying. :P
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerguru100

I don't get it. If we're so privileged, why do some of us feel the need to go on shooting sprees?

airshocker
The professor is pretty much saying that because white males are losing power to women and minorities that they have to go on shooting sprees to feel powerful. I think he's full of crap. I'm sure mental illness and gun culture have more to do with these shootings than Euro-American males having to share power with others.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
check your privilege son
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Dat comment section. "the professor is Jewish "Hugo Schwyzer". Jews have a virulent hatred against white people and western civilization. so his comments are not surprising." "FYI if you kiss your gay partner in a mosque the Flintstones will saw both of your heads off." "They see the country THEY built with blood, sweat, and tears and see it being ripped away through government extortion. They simply see modern day white labor used to promote a forced suicidal agenda" Ironically this guy actually agrees with what the professor is saying. Like I don't really agree with what the professor is saying but man oh man those comments. Terrible.
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tezcatlipoca666

Dat comment section. "the professor is Jewish "Hugo Schwyzer". Jews have a virulent hatred against white people and western civilization. so his comments are not surprising." "FYI if you kiss your gay partner in a mosque the Flintstones will saw both of your heads off." "They see the country THEY built with blood, sweat, and tears and see it being ripped away through government extortion. They simply see modern day white labor used to promote a forced suicidal agenda" Ironically this guy actually agrees with what the professor is saying. Like I don't really agree with what the professor is saying but man oh man those comments. Terrible.Ace6301

They aren't really agreeing. Let's take France as an example. It's perfectly reasonable for Frenchmen to feel angry about losing their country to foreigners. Any people on the face of the earth will become pissed off when they witness their major cities begin to resemble foreign cities and when they are constantly blamed for all the ills that may affect non-native citizens. That plus their culture, French culture, is debased so that it becomes equal status with those cultures imported for afar, for the sake of multiculturalism or something. There is something perversely wrong about this kind of transformation. Being angry about it is natural. Unfortunately in the West we aren't even allowed to be angry.

The "professor" is claiming that losing "White privilege" is what is causing shootings by White males. The authors of those angry, and unfortunately often stupid, comments are merely angry about the transformation of their society. They aren't psychotic murderers. They don't mourn the loss of some mythical "privilege" but rather of their countries and their right to exist as a unique and exclusive society dominant in their homeland.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Dat comment section. "the professor is Jewish "Hugo Schwyzer". Jews have a virulent hatred against white people and western civilization. so his comments are not surprising." "FYI if you kiss your gay partner in a mosque the Flintstones will saw both of your heads off." "They see the country THEY built with blood, sweat, and tears and see it being ripped away through government extortion. They simply see modern day white labor used to promote a forced suicidal agenda" Ironically this guy actually agrees with what the professor is saying. Like I don't really agree with what the professor is saying but man oh man those comments. Terrible.Tezcatlipoca666

They aren't really agreeing. Let's take France as an example. It's perfectly reasonable for Frenchmen to feel angry about losing their country to foreigners. Any people on the face of the earth will become pissed off when they witness their major cities begin to resemble foreign cities and when they are constantly blamed for all the ills that may affect non-native citizens. That plus their culture, French culture, is debased so that it becomes equal status with those cultures imported for afar, for the sake of multiculturalism or something. There is something perversely wrong about this kind of transformation. Being angry about it is natural. Unfortunately in the West we aren't even allowed to be angry.

The "professor" is claiming that losing "White privilege" is what is causing shootings by White males. The authors of those angry, and unfortunately often stupid, comments are merely angry about the transformation of their society. They aren't psychotic murderers. They don't mourn the loss of some mythical "privilege" but rather of their countries and their right to exist as a unique and exclusive society.

He wasn't talking about foreigners. He was talking about non-whites. The guys comment actually sums up the professors point rather well in a much less violent way. Dude pretty much straight out says white males have to support everyone else because they aren't as good as white males ignoring that white males have had a couple hundred extra years in the US to get to what they have. The thing that gets me most though is that the really terrible comments have pretty large amounts of ups and very little downs. But it is the daily caller so whatever.
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tezcatlipoca666

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Dat comment section. "the professor is Jewish "Hugo Schwyzer". Jews have a virulent hatred against white people and western civilization. so his comments are not surprising." "FYI if you kiss your gay partner in a mosque the Flintstones will saw both of your heads off." "They see the country THEY built with blood, sweat, and tears and see it being ripped away through government extortion. They simply see modern day white labor used to promote a forced suicidal agenda" Ironically this guy actually agrees with what the professor is saying. Like I don't really agree with what the professor is saying but man oh man those comments. Terrible.Ace6301

The "professor" is claiming that losing "White privilege" is what is causing shootings by White males. The authors of those angry, and unfortunately often stupid, comments are merely angry about the transformation of their society. They aren't psychotic murderers. They don't mourn the loss of some mythical "privilege" but rather of their countries and their right to exist as a unique and exclusive society.

He wasn't talking about foreigners. He was talking about non-whites. The guys comment actually sums up the professors point rather well in a much less violent way.

In the U.S.A. the Mexican immigration problem is a great example. Look at how California was transformed.

Perhaps a more obvious slight to Whites is affirmative action. I'm not American but I can clearly see that something is wrong when affirmative action places White males at the bottom of the heap for employment and promotion as well as college acceptance consideration. Something is wrong when the DoJ can sue a business for not hiring enough minorities. Something is wrong when White students aren't allowed to form student unions based on race but everyone else can.

American Whites have just as many good reasons to be pissed as Frenchmen, if not more!. Note how even this has nothing to do with a loss of privilege but rather has to do with feeling disposable. Like you don't matter anymore because of [insert past crime here].

The shooters were mentally ill individuals and the professor is dead wrong. I don't see how disgrunted, and slightly idiotic comments support the professor in any way.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
So white male privilege is responsible for black men shooting other black men (which is half of all murders in the US)? Interesting theory, but no.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
That's egregious bullsh*t and he knows it. But I'm sure Hugo Schwyzer can afford nice sleeping pills after spouting this garbage.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
He's basically saying white men don't expect to have it hard & when times get tough they can't handle it,just look at mass shootings and suicide rates among them
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

lol, privileges.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

gamerguru100

The professor is pretty much saying that because white males are losing power to women and minorities that they have to go on shooting sprees to feel powerful. I think he's full of crap. I'm sure mental illness and gun culture have more to do with these shootings than Euro-American males having to share power with others.

I don't know man... What's the one thing white guys in trailer parks are known more for than their racism? Wife-beating. Hence their trademark garment of choice when being lazy and drinking bear is the wifebeater.

So while the non-insane poor whites sit in their trailer and make racists remarks and beat their spouse, the crazy ones go on shooting sprees; if they weren't crazy they would just be racist and beat their spouse. I think the professor is on to something in regards to white males being scared intolerant of female and minority power.

Just saying.

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

So what was the VTech shooter's reasoning then?

Did he have a distant white uncle?

Chickity_China

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Chickity_China
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"Video games? LOL @ this 14 or 15 year old scapegoat for teenage violence...Millions of us play FPS games and don't go on shooting sprees.

Stupid argument. There are millions of insane, depressed, or autistic people and they don't go on shooting sprees either.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

DaJuicyMan

There have been about 60 mass murder shootings in the last 30 years. 44 of them where done by white males.

While i think the author is wrong in his reasoning, it is atleast worth asking why are the majority of these mass murderers white males typically in suburban areas.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

XaosII

There have been about 60 mass murder shootings in the last 30 years. 44 of them where done by white males.

While i think the author is wrong in his reasoning, it is atleast worth asking why are the majority of these mass murderers white males typically in suburban areas.

because there are more white males than any other group? :/ not that fvcking hard to figure out
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

because there are more white males than any other group? :/ not that fvcking hard to figure out22Toothpicks

There was only 1 woman out of the 60 shootings. By your logic, nearly half of them should have been women. I mean, there are more women than just 1 out of 60, right?

Theres a severe over representation of white males relative to actual population.

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] because there are more white males than any other group? :/ not that fvcking hard to figure outXaosII

There was only 1 woman out of the 60 shootings. By your logic, nearly half of them should have been women. I mean, there are more women than just 1 out of 60, right?

Theres a severe over representation of white males relative to actual population.

That only demonstrates a severe over representation of males compared to females rather than any racial based over representation. 44 out of 60 is 73% and very close to the percentage of the white population over the last 30 years. I think it was 80% in 1980 and is about 66% now. Those statistics show white males are not much more likely to commit this crime percentage wise than males of other races.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
He's basically saying white men don't expect to have it hard & when times get tough they can't handle it,just look at mass shootings and suicide rates among them Bucked20
So are you agreeing with him?
Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
If he really believes what he's saying then he's an idiot and a racist.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Long Island Railroad shooter wasnt white. Virgina Tech shooter wasnt white. DC sniper shooter wasnt white. Young and frustrated young males seem to be the predominant shooters. There have been more white shooters than nonwhite, but we live in a country where there are more white males than nonwhite. Statistically, if you control for population differences, there may be a higher percentage of these shootings conducted by white males than others, but still I dont think his proposed theory is valid.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

No...just no.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

If they were privileged they'd have other people do the shootings lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

XaosII

Yep. I thinks is dumb to blame this on the professor being leftist. Blame the professor for being an idiot and wanting attention.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

Although some privileged people do tend to respond negatively when they see that their privilege is being threatened, I find it extremely hard to believe that it is this backlash that actually prompts some white men to kill so many people. At the very least, it's only one factor of many. Schwyzer has a very poor understanding of social privilege. Why he doesn't consider the possibility that there are other factors like socioeconomic factors is beyond me

And I think it makes way more sense to say that the masculinization of violence is a factor. Men in this culture are socialized to be more aggressive and assertive than women (in addition to possibly having a slight biological tendency towards aggression due to extra testosterone). That doesn't mean that all men raised in this culture are potential mass murderers or malevolent in some other way, though. Clearly most men and boys aren't dangerous. It just means that they are statistically more likely to become mass murderers simply because violence is seen as masculine.

So this dude makes no sense. Oh, and in addition to being an idiot, Schwyzer is an abusive douchebag as well. It's funny how he talks all about how violence against women is bad and then he abuses his own girlfriend.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"Video games? LOL @ this 14 or 15 year old scapegoat for teenage violence...Millions of us play FPS games and don't go on shooting sprees.Chickity_China
Stupid argument. There are millions of insane, depressed, or autistic people and they don't go on shooting sprees either.

But mental illness PLUS easy access to guns is probably a bigger warning sign than violent games alone.
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

lol, privileges.

coolbeans90

....wtf?

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Weird that a history professor from Pasadena City College doesn't have a better grasp of the various nuanced psychological factors that would lead to someone to commit mass murder.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"] because there are more white males than any other group? :/ not that fvcking hard to figure outXaosII

Males are naturally more violent than females, just as females are naturally more nurturing than males. What gender did all the hunting in hunter gatherer times? What gender has fought all the wars throughout history?
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cheese_game619
....wtf?Lotus-Edge
>doesnt get meme arrows lol y u never been 2 9gag
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
He's basically saying white men don't expect to have it hard & when times get tough they can't handle it,just look at mass shootings and suicide rates among them Bucked20
That's not a good enough explanation. There's a host of factors that lead to a greater incidence of white male violence.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]He's basically saying white men don't expect to have it hard & when times get tough they can't handle it,just look at mass shootings and suicide rates among them ghoklebutter
That's not a good enough explanation. There's a host of factors that lead to a greater incidence of white male violence.

Also the suicide rates are generally among elderly white men (80+) who've been in poor health, are in poor health, and have outlived most of their families, not because people are becoming more equal to white males.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZombieKiller7

Ok I read the link.

Here are my observations with no proof whatsoever :

1. White people hold no loyalty to each other and will casually throw each other under the bus.

2. White male elites decided on multiculturalism, for their own benefit and enrichment, more taxes to loot, more wealth to plunder from the masses.

3. They did this knowing that it would throw lower class white males in difficult situations socially and economically, they didn't care, they did it anyway.

4. As a result, lower class white males are isolated, marginalized, and generally suicidal.

5. White elites use this to play off minorities against lower class white males ie you get half the population to fight other other half, so they're not focused on you. Keep their focus on terrorism, WMD, gun control, abortion, gay rights, etc while you continue building oil pipelines and looting the system. Eventually escape to a nice house in Bavaria while the USA slides down the side of a cliff.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Some good stuff on rate my professor: "Great lecturer but don't bother asking him for help, especially if your a guy.he favors female students.he has this annoying pretentious diva attitude yet preaches about equality. He thinks his lecture is some sort of artistic performance so you can't pass in front of him to get to your seat. Instead you must stand or sit on the floor for the entire lecture even though there are open seats." You have that, then you have this... which sounds like the professor wrote it himself as a personal ad: "If you are a woman and you want your world rocked, take 25B with Schwyzer. He will push you hard emotionally, academically... It's a huge work load but it is a life-changing course. He's passionate, approachable, the "hot older man" type; but guys should take 25B too!" This sounds like a school ad: "Do you want to transfer to USC school? If you want, then you must take Hugo's class, is not only the transfer requirement but Hugo is an excellent profeesor, you will fel free to ask him questions without any limit, go to his office hour cuz this should be helpful. Good!" A lot of the other comments says he isn't helpful and doesn't answer questions. "Not very bright. Boring, difficult, routinely unfair to students. Ignores questions, always keeps class late, drones and drones and drones. Wants to be called "Hugo" because he wants to be the student's friend, but it doesn't help." Saw a comment earlier that was wholly positive and said he always let's the class out early. I'm getting a feeling he enjoys visiting this website on a regular basis. Probably during his office hours. "If your a history major you will not like him. He only focuses on Religion and Culture. Avoids Battles and politics. Also, beware, His 2 hidden agendas in his lectures are Feminism & Pacifism. He taeches with the intention to become both. The easiest class in PCC! It is not challenging at all. However, He is the only one who teaches 1A & 1B." "Sexy in a dude next door way. I liked the clothes." :lol: www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=53704&all=true
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Women slit their wrists in a bath tube, men shoot a load of people and then themselves. It's a cultural thing.

I blame the way mass murderers are portrayed by the media.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cheese_game619
White male elitesZombieKiller7
you say this as if there are any other kind of elites
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]White male elitescheese_game619

I'm pretty sure the elites in China or Niger or Bhutan are not white males.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Dat comment section. "the professor is Jewish "Hugo Schwyzer". Jews have a virulent hatred against white people and western civilization. so his comments are not surprising." "FYI if you kiss your gay partner in a mosque the Flintstones will saw both of your heads off." "They see the country THEY built with blood, sweat, and tears and see it being ripped away through government extortion. They simply see modern day white labor used to promote a forced suicidal agenda" Ironically this guy actually agrees with what the professor is saying. Like I don't really agree with what the professor is saying but man oh man those comments. Terrible.

Man, I hate that feeling. Like, you know the original poster is wrong, but the comments section is so repulsively scummy that you just want to give up.
way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

XaosII

Have you not heard of south chicago or gary indiana? LA, new york, etc. I hear gunshots outside my neighborhood weekly, and I dont live in white suburbia.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

gamerguru100

Ah makes sense. So if I go on a killing spree then kill myself, then I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Thanks professor!

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
I think another problem with this theory is that most of these shooters are young, and probably don't even have much if any frame of reference for "losing privilege". It's not like some guy who was alive in the 50's when men could pretty much do anything and women were expected to just stay in the kitchen and marry a well to do guy gettin mad at the current state of things and shooting up crowds. I think we have a major problem with broken homes (sky rocketing divorce rate), neglectful parents, reduction of the middle class (more people living at or close to the poverty line), and an increasing pressure on kids to be the very best at everything from academics to sports (trying your best is no longer good enough).
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Prior to 9/11 the terrorist demographic was White-men, so this "white privilege" crap is bullsh--.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]White male elitescheese_game619

There are women and minorities in there.

Hillary, Obama, Palin.

You don't get a chance at high office unless you're part of "the club."

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

>History Professor
>Teaches at a community college
>Blames White male privilege for shootings

Yeah, if you don't think this guy is just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame you probably failed out of community college.

cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cheese_game619
There are women and minorities in there.ZombieKiller7
lol
LLYNCES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LLYNCES
Member since 2012 • 378 Posts

Tezcatlipoca666

Pretty much, come up to Canada and it's everywhere. Unless you're a female here or a "minority" you're not going to get any government jobs, and if you do you're on the bottom of the list. They'll actually right out phone you and tell you what's holding you back in the application proccess is the fact that you are a "white male" Imagine if they phoned a black guy and said "Sorry you're a black male we aren't looking for your kind" the outrage that would cause.

They try to fight racism by being racist, I'm sure it happens in the U.S to but on a smaller scale. It also happens in the private sector here as well because of forced government pressure, I remember my boss talking about it. Far Leftists think the soloution is to hire one race/gender over another in a way to combat this "supposed" racist society. When in reality what we need to be doing is looking at everybody as human and equal and giving everybody a fair go.

We need to stop grouping people up into these categories and defining them. The reason gun violence exists has nothing to do with video games or race, it largely has to do with mental illness and society in general, some people cant take the pressure and snap, some people have crappy parents and are shut ins who go crazy. Race and Videos games are not the cause here, and neither in my opinion are guns themselves.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

LLYNCES

Pretty much, come up to Canada and it's everywhere. Unless you're a female here or a "minority" you're not going to get any government jobs, and if you do you're on the bottom of the list. They'll actually right out phone you and tell you what's holding you back in the application proccess is the fact that you are a "white male" Imagine if they phoned a black guy and said "Sorry you're a black male we aren't looking for your kind" the outrage that would cause.

They try to fight racism by being racist, I'm sure it happens in the U.S to but on a smaller scale. It also happens in the private sector here as well because of forced government pressure, I remember my boss talking about it. Far Leftists think the soloution is to hire one race/gender over another in a way to combat this "supposed" racist society. When in reality what we need to be doing is looking at everybody as human and equal and giving everybody a fair go.

We need to stop grouping people up into these categories and defining them. The reason gun violence exists has nothing to do with video games or race, it largely has to do with mental illness and society in general, some people cant take the pressure and snap, some people have crappy parents and are shut ins who go crazy. Race and Videos games are not the cause here, and neither in my opinion are guns themselves.

Left wing is actually primarily defined through social equality. As this sort of action is patently opposed to social equality it is technically right wing. Using the classical left-right paradigm.