Which social class would you put yourself in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trender_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Which social class would you put yourself in? (28 votes)

Upper class 7%
Middle class 71%
Lower/working class 21%

which class are you based on your job, your education, your accent, how you spent your income or free time?

• 
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Im in the whats considered Lower Middle class.

The You live in an ok neighborhood.

You're house is an ok house.

You went to an ok shcool and then an ok affordable college. ow to a University but it has all been through Finacial aid, otherwise no school for you.

You drive and ok car.

You dress ok.

The you dont really have much of a disposable income.

You never have the latest technology untill 2-3 years later, but by then making it the ok standard tech.

You never travel.

You never really go to good quality restaurant.

You never go out for dinner.

You are in relatively good health but the last time you went to the doctor was 7 years ago and you are only 21 years old.

Your teeth are decent, but the last time you went to a dentist was when you were 15 years old.

You could never afford to go to a hospital.

No you no one in your house hold family has health insurance.

You actually have your car under your mom's name so that your insurance (under her name) wont be so expensive.

You have the cheapest GICO insurance coverage.

The dog and two cats you had previously never went to the vet cuz that shit is expensive.

The 50 inch HD plasma TV hand down from a family friend (that were moving to another state) you had in the living room broke 2 years ago, so ever since there hasnt been a TV in the living room.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

lower upper middle class

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

upper middle class

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

I would be lower working class. I am paying monthly to one day own my home, i don't take savage vacations, and i don't own any cars over 50K. I have to work to survive, that makes me working lower class. Middle class to me, means you have an income about 500K a year in your household. Millionaires and Billionaires are upper class. It hard to be middle class these days in my book. Who can compare to movie stars, or people like Bill Gates ? Middle class in my book is a person who own their own home, have many paid off cars which are net 50K plus, don't have to work hard.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

What exactly is middle class? 50k annually?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Upper middle class

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

All of the above.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Lower class. Sucks but i get good tax returns and a lot of financial aid for school.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Okay honestly I can't choose. What if I'm undecided?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

@LexLas said:

I would be lower working class. I am paying monthly to one day own my home, i don't take savage vacations, and i don't own any cars over 50K. I have to work to survive, that makes me working lower class. Middle class to me, means you have an income about 500K a year in your household. Millionaires and Billionaires are upper class. It hard to be middle class these days in my book. Who can compare to movie stars, or people like Bill Gates ? Middle class in my book is a person who own their own home, have many paid off cars which are net 50K plus, don't have to work hard.

"Middle class to me, means you have an income about 500K a year in your household"

wtf are you smoking? that puts you easily into the top 1-2% of earners in the US. how the hell is that middle class?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11124 Posts

Middle class.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I'm a home owner (with a mortgage), own two cars outright, am college educated, earn a comfortable living, have no debt outside of the mortgage, and am able to save approximately 25% of my income (across cash savings and investment accounts). I would say this places me smack dab in the middle class.

Household income is right around $115k per annum. Household income over 250k is considered upper class in the U.S., depending on location. Obviously, if you're in New York City, San Francisco, L.A., or Chicago, 250k won't take you as far as other cities.

@fightingfan:

Median (half earn more, half earn less) household income in the U.S. is $44,389

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Big Issue!

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Shouldn't it read "Middle/working class" instead of "lower/working class"?

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LexLas

@comp_atkins said:

@LexLas said:

"Middle class to me, means you have an income about 500K a year in your household"

wtf are you smoking? that puts you easily into the top 1-2% of earners in the US. how the hell is that middle class?

Well see, thats the info that i need to know. What is middle class, what is lower working, and what is upper. Now i see !

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasean79

@LexLas said:

Middle class in my book is a person who own their own home, have many paid off cars which are net 50K plus, don't have to work hard.

This line angers me. I own a home (paying on the mortgage), am still paying on my car which is $20k range, have a wife, and full-time job and work my ass off for all of it. THAT is what middle class is to me. Your idea of what middle class is, is warped. I don't ever identify myself with the lower class because I work for what I own. You want to see lower class? Visit the slums/projects of any major city. That's lower class.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Middle middle class.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Upper middle lower lower upper middle class

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LexLas

@jasean79 said:

@LexLas said:

Middle class in my book is a person who own their own home, have many paid off cars which are net 50K plus, don't have to work hard.

This line angers me. I own a home (paying on the mortgage), am still paying on my car which is $20k range, have a wife, and full-time job and work my ass off for all of it. THAT is what middle class is to me. Your idea of what middle class is, is warped. I don't ever identify myself with the lower class because I work for what I own. You want to see lower class? Visit the slums/projects of any major city. That's lower class.

Well i came from those slum/projects, and i don't feel like middle class just cause i'm paying for a few things i might never own. I still feel like lower class to me. Opinions vary. Just because i am paying for a house, and a car which can be gone with the snap of a finger does not make me middle class. Maybe the questions is not correct. Cause yes my idea of middle class is warped because living in a fantasy is not middle class. Till i own those things i might fall into that category.

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Lower middle class. I live in a nice one room apartment while currently going to a good affordable college and then transferring to university.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Middle class

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

lower middle

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I refuse to classify myself on Marxist terms. No but really, like, lower middle class.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nengo_Flow

@Fightingfan said:

hm... yeah thats about it. But it depends on the cities and states. Some cities and states 50k is poor mans pocket lint.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Fightingfan said:

hm... yeah thats about it. But it depends on the cities and states. Some cities and states 50k is poor mans pocket lint.

I could live fairly well for the rest of my life with 50k annually in Southern Florida adjusted for inflation of course.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nengo_Flow

@Fightingfan said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Fightingfan said:

I could live fairly well for the rest of my life with 50k annually in Southern Florida adjusted for inflation of course.

Yeah... and fairly well equates to middle class.

And since I live here in florida (Pompano Beach) and I know that you live in Florida too, you would know that 50k for a single guy (meaning no kids) is pretty solidly good. Now go somewhere like some places of NY-NJ where "the rent is too damn high" or San Frasico etc. 50k wont do you much.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Given 2004 financial records and the definition of the "poverty line" in that year, I am in a household that earns a combined 30% more than the minimum. So, upper lower class or lower middle class?

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

Upper middle class.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Depends on where you live.An upper class family in a developing country can be easily classified as middle class or even lower class by the standards in a developed country.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jasean79

@LexLas said:

@jasean79 said:

@LexLas said:

Well i came from those slum/projects, and i don't feel like middle class just cause i'm paying for a few things i might never own. I still feel like lower class to me. Opinions vary. Just because i am paying for a house, and a car which can be gone with the snap of a finger does not make me middle class. Maybe the questions is not correct. Cause yes my idea of middle class is warped because living in a fantasy is not middle class. Till i own those things i might fall into that category.

It wasn't meant to insult you, but your original comment about "not having to work hard" was what bothered me. Hell, most people that fall into upper class work hard for what they have. You think they all come from wealth? I hate that people constantly assume that middle to upper class people "have it made".

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LexLas

@jasean79 said:

@LexLas said:

@jasean79 said:

@LexLas said:

It wasn't meant to insult you, but your original comment about "not having to work hard" was what bothered me. Hell, most people that fall into upper class work hard for what they have. You think they all come from wealth? I hate that people constantly assume that middle to upper class people "have it made".

Ah i see, my bad. True dat Jasean79, true dat. I gotta play more lotto

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bforrester420

@jasean79 said:

I think he meant "not having to work hard" in the back-breaking, physical labor sense of the phrase.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jasean79

@bforrester420 said:

@jasean79 said:

I think he meant "not having to work hard" in the back-breaking, physical labor sense of the phrase.

Gotcha. I'd rather have a more physically demanding job than mentally draining one. I think the latter is just as tiring, if not more, than the former.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bforrester420

@jasean79 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@jasean79 said:

Gotcha. I'd rather have a more physically demanding job than mentally draining one. I think the latter is just as tiring, if not more, than the former.

I agree. I have a desk job and I often times find myself jealous of guys with physical labor jobs. But then, when payday rolls around, I remember why I'm in my line of work. Stress sucks though.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Forever alone,anti social,miserable,plays video games all day long and lives at his parents house class.

Oh yeah.

Kenocratic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kenocratic
Member since 2013 • 124 Posts

Does parental support count in this for upper class even if the cash allowance to a son or daughter is not over say $20,000 per year and if the parents are rich? In addition to the allowance say the son or daughter gets to live rent free in a separate condo or house. And say the son/daughter is currently unemployed, say like in between jobs, and gets by on the $20k/yr and the free rent. Then add in parents paying for any medical emergencies not covered by insurance and I probably answered my own question. Not that I'm such a son. But there's no one here in something similar to that status scenario?

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

I am the definition of a middle-class citizen.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

upper-middle-front-back-side-to-side, never letting them ho ass n-words ride.

for real, I'm white collar working class