Which of these recent Big 4 Marvel-based movies did you like the best?

Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) 1 month, 8 days ago

Poll: Which of these recent Big 4 Marvel-based movies did you like the best? (48 votes)

Marvels The Avengers (2012) 33%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) 13%
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) 27%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 27%

I personally liked the Spider-Man reboot movies as well, but I decided to stay away from them and just leave the 4 likely most popular recent movies based off of Marvel Comics characters.

My choice went to Winter Soldier, I wasn't a huge CA fan back in the day but the movie had a good pace and nice twists.

#1 Edited by themajormayor (25698 posts) -

This fad is getting so annoying.

#2 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26027 posts) -

This fad is getting so annoying.

Such a cliche thing to say at this point. Plus there are so many other great non-superhero films that come out each year that the only correct response is WHO FUCKING CARES.

#3 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26027 posts) -

Avengers > Winter Soldier > DOFP > GotG

#4 Edited by BranKetra (48096 posts) -
#5 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16664 posts) -

I really enjoyed Captain America more than I thought I would. It was really entertaining.

#6 Posted by Bardock47 (5238 posts) -

Toss up between Cap 2 and GotG

#7 Posted by Senor_Kami (8324 posts) -

Captain America 2 followed closely by Days of Future Past.

#8 Edited by sukraj (22066 posts) -

The Spiderman Reboot is my fav.

#9 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

Still need to see Guardians of the Galaxy. it doesn't come out until the 14th over here in the Arabian Gulf.

But out of the three just based on initial impressions,

Avengers > Captain America : WS > X-Men : DoFP

but all three are excellent super hero films.

#10 Posted by redstorm72 (4523 posts) -

That's a tough call, I've enjoyed all those films quite a bit. If I had to pick one though, it would probably be The Avengers. Not that it is necessarily better than the others, but I remember seeing it for the first time and having my mind blown. Seeing four separate movie franchises, and four of my favorite super heroes come together in one movie was amazing. Plus, the movie was hilarious and had great character moments and action.

#11 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

Avengers, but I haven't seen Guardians or Winter Soldier yet.

#12 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29097 posts) -

The Avengers > Days of Future Past > Guardians of the Galaxy

Haven't seen nor do I want to see Captain America 2

#13 Edited by BSC14 (3652 posts) -

I liked all of them really but X-Men: Days of Future Past was probably my favorite.

#14 Edited by sSubZerOo (43062 posts) -

I can't believe how much people liked The Avengers, while in the same breath hated Transformers.. It was basically a Michael Bay movie with super heroes instead of giant robots..

#15 Edited by ferrari2001 (16802 posts) -

Guardians of the Galaxy was the funnest I've had at the movies in a long time.

#16 Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

I did think the Avengers movie was a bit overrated, but still very good.

#17 Edited by airshocker (28976 posts) -

Hmmm. Guardians > Avengers > Winter Soldier > X-Men

#18 Posted by bforrester420 (1311 posts) -

LOL, comic books...

#19 Posted by soulless4now (41365 posts) -

The Avengers becomes "meh" the more you see it, so I'll go with Guardians of the Galaxy.

I love how Amazing Spider-man 2 wasn't even included in the poll. lol

#20 Posted by thecruzan (93 posts) -

Haven't seen Gotg or Winter Soldier yet but I really enjoyed Winter Soldier even though I thought Captain America was one of the dumbest superheroes before seeing it. Liked Winter Soldier better than The Avengers.

#21 Posted by PannicAtack (21013 posts) -

Guardians was fun, but I felt there wasn't a whole lot to it. Kinda just a fun summer action movie with likable characters 'n' stuff. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing that really gets me.

Haven't seen the new Captain America movie.

The Avengers was really good, apart from the Big Dumb Battle ending.

X-Men was the best for me, personally.

#22 Posted by airshocker (28976 posts) -
#23 Edited by bforrester420 (1311 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@bforrester420 said:

LOL, comic books...

LOL, haters...

Not a hater, I just don't see the appeal. I'm a big fan of baseball but I can understand why someone else wouldn't be.

#24 Edited by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@airshocker said:

@bforrester420 said:

LOL, comic books...

LOL, haters...

Not a hater, I just don't see the appeal. I'm a big fan of baseball but I can understand why someone else wouldn't be.

I like baseball and I grew up with Marvel comics in their prime, a lot of us who are middle-aged see these movies as the embodiment on-screen of the comics we knew and loved from the 1960's and 1970's. Hell, I remember buying the Hulk issue on the newstand with the first appearance ever of Wolverine. Starting buying Marvel comics off the newstand in early 1974 at age 12, Marvel comics were all the rage then and throughout the 70's and 80's. Back then it was Captain America and the Falcon, so it was good to see the Falcon in the Winter Soldier movie, though he isn't the most distinctive character. Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie was a retelling of Amazing Spider-Man comics 121 and 122 with Harry Osborn as the antagonist rather than Norman. I think the superhero movies are becoming good enough to be liked by everyone, not just comic-book afficiondos.

On a side note, this has become a close race.

#25 Posted by jcopp72 (5335 posts) -

Of your choices X-men, you have Avengers from 2012 but don't even have Amazing Spider-man 2 from this year on your list?

#26 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6872 posts) -

I can't believe how much people liked The Avengers, while in the same breath hated Transformers.. It was basically a Michael Bay movie with super heroes instead of giant robots..

LOL

#27 Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

@jcopp72 said:

Of your choices X-men, you have Avengers from 2012 but don't even have Amazing Spider-man 2 from this year on your list?

I mentioned that in my opening statement....unlike most (it seems), I liked AS2, but for some reason it felt a little out of place to me with these movies.

#28 Edited by Ballroompirate (22540 posts) -

GotG is Marvels best film

#29 Posted by uninspiredcup (7774 posts) -

Xmen: DOFP.

Looking very forward to Apocalypse.

#30 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

Guardians of the Galaxy > X-Men > Avengers > Captain America

I haven't seen Captain America but considering my reaction to the last one I REALLY do not want to see this one.

#31 Edited by uninspiredcup (7774 posts) -

Second one feels like a completely different style of movie Still shit imo.

#32 Posted by chernoalpha527 (121 posts) -

X-men DOFP is the superior film

#33 Posted by halffullcup (17 posts) -

I haven't seen any movie except avengers in these four so avengers for me$:)

#34 Posted by Planeforger (15524 posts) -

I haven't seen Captain America but considering my reaction to the last one I REALLY do not want to see this one.

My thoughts exactly. The previous Captain America film felt like it had been filmed in the 90s, frozen in ice, then dumped back into our time, lost and confused. It was such a shitty, dated, cliche'd film that ignored all of the major jumps in superhero films of the past ten years.

#35 Posted by theReturnoftheG (39 posts) -

Avengers is the only one I saw. If all the movies have that painful "witty" dialogue from Joss Whedon I'll avoid them like the fucking plague.

It looked nice and it was entertaining as a mindless flick though, I guess.

#36 Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

My thoughts exactly. The previous Captain America film felt like it had been filmed in the 90s, frozen in ice, then dumped back into our time, lost and confused. It was such a shitty, dated, cliche'd film that ignored all of the major jumps in superhero films of the past ten years.

Too bad guys, the second Captain America movie was fantastic, and better than The Avengers for sure. Winter Soldier was a great movie on its own, felt like a good James Bond movie.

Never saw the first Captain America movie.

#37 Posted by MuD3 (1216 posts) -

I liked all of these... I do think, while they are very good, people give Avengers and Winter Soldier too much credit though. Guardians was pretty damn great IMO.

#38 Edited by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

Surprised to see Winter Soldier not up there with the votes. Good competition, I suppose.

Turning out to be a tight race.

#39 Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

Last call to vote....very close

#40 Posted by Avian005 (4072 posts) -

X-Men: Days of Future Past > Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Guardians of the Galaxy > The Avengers

#41 Posted by AFBrat77 (24068 posts) -

@Avian005 said:

X-Men: Days of Future Past > Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Guardians of the Galaxy > The Avengers

I would actually place The Avengers last as well