Which MBTI personality type are you?

Posted by samanthademeste (1141 posts) 6 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Which MBTI personality type are you? (33 votes)

ENTP 3%
ENTJ 3%
ENFP 3%
ENFJ 0%
ESTJ 0%
ESFJ 3%
ESTP 0%
ESFP 3%
INTP 3%
INTJ 33%
INFP 12%
INFJ 6%
ISTJ 12%
ISFJ 0%
ISTP 9%
ISFP 9%

I am an ISTJ. Here is a link to an MBTI test below if you do not know which type you are.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

#1 Posted by toast_burner (21791 posts) -

I've done these test numerous times my results usually vary from INTP or INFP.

I don't like these tests. It seems to be a very inaccurate way of labelling someone's personality.

#2 Posted by thegerg (15472 posts) -

ISTP

#3 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2755 posts) -

None of these matches my personality.

#4 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

INTJ. Which makes no sense, because glancing through the description, it didn't describe me. Basically, I am more of an anti social person than not but I wouldn't call myself a leader excellent strategist or any of that.

#5 Posted by harry_james_pot (10951 posts) -

ISFP.

I took the test from various sites and read about the subject a lot, if you take it from one source the result might not be accurate. If you're interested take it from different sources and you'll likely end up with a couple different results, then you can read about each one and figure out which is closer to you. Keep in mind that those are broad description of personalities, so even if you find the right one it will not be a 100% you.

#6 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -

I always get INFP

#7 Posted by one_plum (6360 posts) -

INFP

Introverts united.

#8 Edited by Korvus (3990 posts) -

ESFJ most of the time but can be ESTJ when the situation calls for it.

Also think that most people flow freely between several types, and we shouldn't let a test (be it personality or IQ) decide who you are.

#9 Posted by Master_Live (14867 posts) -

ISTJ

From the site:

“Only the facts, please” is their motto. ISTJ personalities respect facts greatly and tend to accumulate a lot of information in their own memory. One of the key contributing factors is their Observant (S) trait, which allows ISTJs to analyse the surroundings quite effortlessly.

ISTJs tend to be extremely thorough, always checking the facts and not assuming anything. ISTJs are also respected for their exceptional loyalty to their duty.

ISTJ personalities spend an enormous amount of time and energy performing every task they see as important, especially if it contributes to the achievement of a specific goal. However, such a commitment also has a negative side: an ISTJ will refuse to budge and spend at least some of their time doing things that they do not see as meaningful or practical, e.g., some social rituals. ISTJ personalities prefer to do things alone, but they can also work as part of a team if necessary.

ISTJs enjoy being responsible for their actions and love the power that stems from this. ISTJs tend to be bright, logical, and wise individuals, characterized by their desire to seek a secure and stable life.

Like other Introverted (I) and Thinking (T) personalities, ISTJs are often (mistakenly) seen as indifferent and cold. Of course, it is understandably difficult for an ISTJ to reveal their emotions or express affection, but that does not mean that they have no feelings or are insensitive.

ISTJs are easily irritated by other people’s shortcomings. They see their own promises as sacred and cannot understand how someone could consciously fail to meet their obligations. This can be a significant disadvantage at times, as some people can abuse the ISTJ’s strong sense of duty by overloading them with work.

ISTJ personalities tend to keep their opinions to themselves unless someone asks them directly. People with this personality type are very direct; for them, the truth is always far more important than sensitivity. This ruthless judgment is irreplaceable in refereeing or legal work. Where other people might waver, the ISTJ will make the difficult decision while ignoring the emotional background.

On the other hand, ISTJs rarely have any difficulties coping with emotionally charged situations. They can always keep a cool head and act rationally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree. On bold what I think it is more true and important.

#10 Edited by Master_Live (14867 posts) -

Due to their straightforward approach, ISTJs may encounter difficulties when it becomes necessary to comprehend a competing theory or idea.

ISTJs respect traditions and do their best to adhere to the existing rules and guidelines. In some cases, this trait can be so strong that the ISTJ will not break the rules, even when the consequences for breaking them pale in comparison to what would happen if those rules were followed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disagree.

#11 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13102 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

ISTJ

From the site:

“Only the facts, please” is their motto. ISTJ personalities respect facts greatly and tend to accumulate a lot of information in their own memory. One of the key contributing factors is their Observant (S) trait, which allows ISTJs to analyse the surroundings quite effortlessly.

ISTJs tend to be extremely thorough, always checking the facts and not assuming anything. ISTJs are also respected for their exceptional loyalty to their duty.

ISTJ personalities spend an enormous amount of time and energy performing every task they see as important, especially if it contributes to the achievement of a specific goal. However, such a commitment also has a negative side: an ISTJ will refuse to budge and spend at least some of their time doing things that they do not see as meaningful or practical, e.g., some social rituals. ISTJ personalities prefer to do things alone, but they can also work as part of a team if necessary.

ISTJs enjoy being responsible for their actions and love the power that stems from this. ISTJs tend to be bright, logical, and wise individuals, characterized by their desire to seek a secure and stable life.

Like other Introverted (I) and Thinking (T) personalities, ISTJs are often (mistakenly) seen as indifferent and cold. Of course, it is understandably difficult for an ISTJ to reveal their emotions or express affection, but that does not mean that they have no feelings or are insensitive.

ISTJs are easily irritated by other people’s shortcomings. They see their own promises as sacred and cannot understand how someone could consciously fail to meet their obligations. This can be a significant disadvantage at times, as some people can abuse the ISTJ’s strong sense of duty by overloading them with work.

ISTJ personalities tend to keep their opinions to themselves unless someone asks them directly. People with this personality type are very direct; for them, the truth is always far more important than sensitivity. This ruthless judgment is irreplaceable in refereeing or legal work. Where other people might waver, the ISTJ will make the difficult decision while ignoring the emotional background.

On the other hand, ISTJs rarely have any difficulties coping with emotionally charged situations. They can always keep a cool head and act rationally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree. On bold what I think it is more true and important.

Comrade!

#12 Edited by kille142 (59 posts) -

INTJ...well the description is very accurate xd

#13 Posted by SoNin360 (5506 posts) -

ISTJ... but my only strong category was introverted, which is obvious to me. The rest were almost neutral, so the overall description was a little inconsistent for me.

#14 Posted by TehFuneral (8051 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

INTJ. Which makes no sense, because glancing through the description, it didn't describe me. Basically, I am more of an anti social person than not but I wouldn't call myself a leader excellent strategist or any of that.

Exactly what I though when I got my answer as INTJ. I did this test before and my results usually fluctuates between ISTJ and INTJ.

#15 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

@TehFuneral said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

INTJ. Which makes no sense, because glancing through the description, it didn't describe me. Basically, I am more of an anti social person than not but I wouldn't call myself a leader excellent strategist or any of that.

Exactly what I though when I got my answer as INTJ. I did this test before and my results usually fluctuates between ISTJ and INTJ.

Guess it just shows how full of shit these things are.

#16 Edited by edinsftw (4238 posts) -

ISTP

This test actually got me spot on.

#17 Posted by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

I've always gotten INTJ on any of these that I've taken, and it plays out in real situations whether work or personal relationships. Though, in the instance of work related issues, this can really cause more problems than help depending on what company you work for:

INTJs dislike rules and artificial limitations; everything should be questionable and open to reevaluation. They may be idealists (impossible is nothing) and cynics (everybody lies) at the same time. Whatever the circumstances, you can always rely on the INTJ to “fill in” the gaps in the idea. They are most likely to come up with an unorthodox solution.

I've actually lost past job opportunities because of this. Most corporations aren't looking for people who think independently and come up with new or different solutions, but instead are looking for an individual to play into the framework that already exists.

#18 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

ICPO awww yeah

#19 Posted by deeliman (2463 posts) -

ENTP, apparently I'm part of the 3% of the population that has that personality type.

People with the ENTP personality type are often called devil’s advocates—and for good reason. Forming around 3% of the population, ENTPs absolutely love to argue and do not really care that much what the argument is about, as long as it is fun. They may not actually support the idea they are arguing for, but they may decide to go against the prevailing opinion, seeing this as a mental exercise. ENTPs are very quick-witted and original, which gives them a great advantage in debates, academia, and politics. However, they also tend to do very well in many other areas that require a willingness to challenge the existing ideas and juggle multiple arguments.

#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (88802 posts) -

INTJ

The common type here it seems (which is interesting, given it isn't very common regularly).

#21 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24964 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

INTJ

The common type here it seems (which is interesting, given it isn't very common regularly).

The secret is that they're all on the Internet at home where the pollsters can't get them.

#22 Edited by xdude85 (4431 posts) -

INFJ apparently.

#23 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

FAHQ

#24 Posted by plageus900 (1086 posts) -

INTJ / INTP

I've taken these tests several times. I've gotten INTJ on all except one and it said that I was 90% INTJ and 86% INTP.

The descriptions make sense.

#25 Posted by one_plum (6360 posts) -

@Allicrombie: I often feel I have my head in the clouds. I don't know if that describes you as well.

#26 Edited by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -

@one_plum said:

@Allicrombie: I often feel I have my head in the clouds. I don't know if that describes you as well.

sometimes it does, yes.

#27 Edited by gamerguru100 (10647 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

I've done these test numerous times my results usually vary from INTP or INFP.

I don't like these tests. It seems to be a very inaccurate way of labelling someone's personality.

Same here. I got INFP on this one, but I remember getting INTJ or INTP on a similar test. The type descriptions don't match me a lot either.

#28 Edited by one_plum (6360 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

@toast_burner said:

I've done these test numerous times my results usually vary from INTP or INFP.

I don't like these tests. It seems to be a very inaccurate way of labelling someone's personality.

Same here. I got INFP on this one, but I remember getting INTJ or INTP on a similar test. The type descriptions don't match me a lot either.

Perhaps this will help.

#29 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

ISTP as far as I know. Those free online tests are worthless by the way, look up "jungian functions". The letters don't mean a thing

#30 Posted by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -

@SteverXIII said:

ISTP as far as I know. Those free online tests are worthless by the way, look up "jungian functions". The letters don't mean a thing

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

#31 Posted by KiIIyou (27147 posts) -
@one_plum said:

@gamerguru100 said:

@toast_burner said:

I've done these test numerous times my results usually vary from INTP or INFP.

I don't like these tests. It seems to be a very inaccurate way of labelling someone's personality.

Same here. I got INFP on this one, but I remember getting INTJ or INTP on a similar test. The type descriptions don't match me a lot either.

Perhaps this will help.

I got the kitty. Wray!

#32 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

@SteverXIII said:

ISTP as far as I know. Those free online tests are worthless by the way, look up "jungian functions". The letters don't mean a thing

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

I can be

#33 Edited by SaintLeonidas (26354 posts) -

INTJ.

"Some famous INTJs: Vladimir Putin, President of Russia"

#34 Posted by Silverbond (16074 posts) -

So the rarest type is most popular around here...

#35 Edited by megagene (23016 posts) -

ENFP (turbulent variant). That was my first time ever taking one of these tests. Pretty interesting.

#36 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

ESFP

#37 Posted by johnd13 (8237 posts) -

I've done this test before and got an INFJ.

#38 Posted by fend_oblivion (6152 posts) -

INFJ.