This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: August 22, 2004
- Posts: 15778
- Member Since: October 9, 2004
- Posts: 25896
- Member Since: November 24, 2011
- Posts: 24201
- Member Since: August 18, 2008
- Posts: 29730
- Member Since: September 5, 2009
- Posts: 4733
- Member Since: February 14, 2011
- Posts: 16745
- Member Since: July 27, 2007
- Posts: 28281
- Member Since: March 12, 2005
- Posts: 90605
- Member Since: May 25, 2005
- Posts: 5053
- Member Since: November 23, 2009
- Posts: 1638
- Member Since: September 8, 2009
- Posts: 42192
I have only seen the batman movies and don't remember which one was what. I would have to rewatch them all to remember.
Batman Begins=Liam Neeson (Ra's Al Ghul)
Dark Knight=Heath Ledger (Joker)
The Dark Knight Rises=Tom Hardy (Bane), Anne Hathaway (Selina Kyle/Catwoman)
- Member Since: October 3, 2006
- Posts: 20397
either memento or inception.
memento is smart, it respects the audience, and it is honestly one of the most pleasantly jarring movies i've seen (surprising, coming from such a mainstream director).
inception has the dream aesthetic, but really i like it because i like movies and it seems to grab as many fun things about movies as it can and shape them together. it has the fantastical possibilities of science fiction and fantasy, the adrenaline of an action movie, the coolness of a heist flick, and the pomp of a blockbuster. they all fit nimbly together with a neat puzzle of a plot that demands you remain at least a little engaged even with the sensory overload.
i like the batman movies too, although less so. i'd probably go TDK > begins > rises.
it's been forever since i've seen the prestige, although i remember being disappointed despite the healthy dose of david bowie and then cheated by the ending.
i've never seen insomnia or the following.
- Member Since: May 2, 2008
- Posts: 31581
- Member Since: August 5, 2006
- Posts: 19965
- Member Since: November 3, 2004
- Posts: 11058
I really dig the Batman movies, especially Dark Knight, which is a god damn masterpiece of a superhero movie, but a couple of his other films have been far more creative and interesting. Memento has been one of my favorites for a long time, but I only recently saw The Pretige for the first time (somehow missed it when it came out) and it blew my fuckin mind. It's now among my favorite movies ever, and definitely my favorite Nolan work. Voted The Prestige.
- Member Since: September 27, 2005
- Posts: 9987
- Member Since: September 20, 2006
- Posts: 2643
- Member Since: January 5, 2009
- Posts: 19965
- Member Since: November 19, 2013
- Posts: 1104
All his Batmans for the wonder portrayal of the villains by a talented group of actors
Batman Begins: Liam Neeson (Ra's Al Ghul) Tom Wilkinson (Carmine Falcone) Cillian Murphy (Dr. Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow)
The Dark Knight: Heath Ledger (The Joker)
The Dark Knight Rises: Tom Hardy (Bane)
I also liked Gary Oldman as Gordan.
- Member Since: April 6, 2009
- Posts: 680
- Member Since: September 5, 2011
- Posts: 1249
- Member Since: July 30, 2008
- Posts: 4631
- Member Since: December 21, 2008
- Posts: 23884
- Member Since: August 10, 2006
- Posts: 4756