Which Chicken restaurant is the best - KFC, Pop-Eye's, or Chik-Fil-A

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Which Chicken restaurant is the best - KFC, Pop-Eye's, or Chik-Fil-A (59 votes)

KFC is the best 31%
Pop-Eyes has the best chicken ... and Shrimp! 22%
Chik-Fil-A is the best 47%

So which of those three chicken joints is the best? Who has the best food and which one has the best deals? Are they all the same, how do they compare to each other?

I've only tried KFC, but I've seen commercials for Pop-Eye's and some of their stuff look pretty good (like the dipping chicken). There aren't any Chik-Fil-A's in CT to my knowledge so I can't try them, but there is a Pop-Eye's. Would any of you recommend Pop-Eye's?

#1 Posted by thebest31406 (3417 posts) -

Back in the day I use to love Church's and Popeyes. Salty, greasy and spicy.

#2 Edited by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

KFC has the best chicken. Popeyes has the best fries and biscuits. Chik-Fil-A. . .is Chick-Fil-A.

#3 Posted by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

Popeye's, by far. KFC is okay and I don't care to give my money to homophobic organizations so I'll never try Chik-Fil-A.

#4 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@thebest31406:

Pop-Eye's stuff looks pretty good. Is it faster than the other places ("Louisiana fast")?

#5 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@Makhaidos:

Go figure one place has better biscuits and one has better chicken in your experience. Does one have better prices?

KFC's chicken wedges are pretty good.

#6 Edited by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

@whipassmt said:

@Makhaidos:

Go figure one place has better biscuits and one has better chicken in your experience. Does one have better prices?

KFC's chicken wedges are pretty good.

They're all expensive to me. KFC tends to be slightly cheaper with larger meals.

#7 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

I've only ever had KFC between those three. The other two aren't around here. But KFC is my 2nd favorite fast food restaurant in general.

#8 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

I can't comment on Popeye's as I have never had it, I avoid it. To me, one does the chicken sandwich well and the other does fried chicken the way I like. The last time I tries Church's, it was bland and tasteless.

#9 Edited by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

lol Popeyes has no vote, but I like Popeyes though. Good fries and biscuits but I prefer Chick-fil-A.

#10 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

None of the above... they all sanction and thrive upon intensive broiler-meat exploitation.

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Never had Chik-Fil-A, but only because there are none around me. So out of the other two, I vote KFC, but Popeyes has better biscuits. If there was a Chik-Fil-A around, I would eat there a lot just because I believe in freedom of expression (regardless if I agree with it or not) and would support them to show it.

#12 Posted by KC_Hokie (16099 posts) -

Chik-Fil-A is my favorite for fast food chicken.

#13 Posted by thegerg (15418 posts) -

Either Bush's or Bojangle's.

#14 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

Never had Popeye's, so I can't comment. From what I remember Chik-Fil-A was pretty good, but not as good as KFC though. But, it's been a decade or so since I ate at Chik-Fil-A, and I will not give them my business now, so I can't comment on if they're better or worse now.

#15 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

I like Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, and Popeye's biscuits are pretty great.

#16 Edited by deeliman (2438 posts) -

We only have KFC here, so I can't really comment on it. KFC has good chicken though.

#17 Posted by toast_burner (21730 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Never had Chik-Fil-A, but only because there are none around me. So out of the other two, I vote KFC, but Popeyes has better biscuits. If there was a Chik-Fil-A around, I would eat there a lot just because I'm a homophobe

Fixed that for you. The whole Chik-Fil-A thing had nothing to do with standing up for freedom of expression.

#18 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

In my country there is only KFC so... KFC!

#19 Posted by byof_america (1386 posts) -

Chik-Fil-A is good, but you're missing to staples of the fast food chicken industry: Raising Cane's and Brother's Chicken. Both are freakin' delicious, but the edge goes to brother's because it's cheap and it's in a gas station so you can kill a lot of birds with one stone going there.

#20 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Popeyes because of the biscuits. The red beans and rice is good too. I don't like fried chicken much.

#21 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5385 posts) -

They're all equally disgusting junk food crap. I cannot fathom how people can put that sh*t into their body. No self respect I guess...

#22 Posted by byof_america (1386 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma: This reminds me so much of a Jim Gaffigan joke concerning how food is made. I think it was about hot dogs or something, but it was funny.

#23 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

@byof_america said:

Chik-Fil-A is good, but you're missing to staples of the fast food chicken industry: Raising Cane's and Brother's Chicken. Both are freakin' delicious, but the edge goes to brother's because it's cheap and it's in a gas station so you can kill a lot of birds with one stone going there.

I have had Cane's, it wasn't anything special. Kind of reminded me of Zaxby's.

#25 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@toast_burner said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Never had Chik-Fil-A, but only because there are none around me. So out of the other two, I vote KFC, but Popeyes has better biscuits. If there was a Chik-Fil-A around, I would eat there a lot just because I believe in freedom of expression (regardless if I agree with it or not) and would support them to show it.

Fixed that for you. The whole Chik-Fil-A thing had nothing to do with standing up for freedom of expression.

Cry more.

#26 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Bush's makes fried chicken? I thought they just made beans.

#27 Edited by thegerg (15418 posts) -

@whipassmt said:

@thegerg said:

It's not the same Bush's.

http://www.bushschicken.com/

Their liver value meal is the shit.

#28 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@TAMKFan:

What's your favorite?

#29 Edited by Serraph105 (28143 posts) -

Popeyes all the way for me.

#30 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14448 posts) -

Popeyes for me. The quality of KFC's food has gone down in recent years, and I think it's bullshit that they don't even include drinks with their meals, while most every other restaurant out there does. Never eaten at a Chik-fil-a, so i can't comment on them.

#31 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Chickfila is too expensive for what it is, and they hate gays so...

#32 Posted by whipassmt (14034 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@whipassmt said:

@thegerg said:

It's not the same Bush's.

http://www.bushschicken.com/

Their liver value meal is the shit.

Is it owned by George W?

And a liver value meal? I think i'll pass on that.

#33 Posted by thegerg (15418 posts) -

@whipassmt: No, and you're missing out.

#34 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14448 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@whipassmt: No, and you're missing out.

They actually sell liver ans gizzards as a value meal?!

#35 Posted by thegerg (15418 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: yes

#36 Edited by BranKetra (48730 posts) -

None of the above

Chicken is arguably the most abused animal on the planet because it is raised as food so much.

#37 Posted by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

Chick-Fil-A, I may not like their nutty Christian backing, but damn they make good stuff, and their Asian chicken salad is pretty bomb, their spicy chicken sandwich is pretty good, I dig their waffle fries and the variety of sauces to dip them in, and their sweetened iced-T is greatness. Plus the staff is nice, they walk out to your table and offer to get you a refill, or they bring you your food.

I can look past the fiasco over their anti-LGBT stance, most fast food restaurants are a haven that disregards human decency of their workers and people in general.

#38 Edited by ferrari2001 (16964 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

None of the above

Chicken is arguably the most abused animal on the planet because it is raised as food so much.

You can't put a downside on delicious.

#39 Posted by BranKetra (48730 posts) -

@ferrari2001 said:

@BranKetra said:

None of the above

You can't put a downside on delicious.

The difference between you and I is I am not dismissing the downside, but you are.

#40 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Chick-Fil-A is easily the highest quality food.

#41 Posted by Shadow4020 (1968 posts) -

Chick-Fil-A. KFC always makes me sick.

#42 Posted by Lonelynight (30041 posts) -

kfc

#43 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Chick-Fil-A, I may not like their nutty Christian backing, but damn they make good stuff, and their Asian chicken salad is pretty bomb, their spicy chicken sandwich is pretty good, I dig their waffle fries and the variety of sauces to dip them in, and their sweetened iced-T is greatness. Plus the staff is nice, they walk out to your table and offer to get you a refill, or they bring you your food.

I can look past the fiasco over their anti-LGBT stance, most fast food restaurants are a haven that disregards human decency of their workers and people in general.

It's not so much that the owners hold an anti-gay stance, everyone is entitled to their own views, no matter how assbackwards. It's that they fund organizations that are actively involved in oppressing gay rights. As a consumer I will not knowingly give money to anyone who may use the money they get from me to support causes that I find repugnant.

#44 Edited by sukraj (23032 posts) -

I prefer KFC.

#45 Posted by l34052 (3212 posts) -

Why has no one mentioned Roscoes chicken yet??

#46 Edited by toast_burner (21730 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@toast_burner said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Cry more.

Just because I'm correct.

Nobody was trying to force them not to say what they want. Just very stupid people like you pretend that was happening as it makes you look like you were fighting for good rather than evil.

#47 Edited by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

Popeyes for me. The quality of KFC's food has gone down in recent years, and I think it's bullshit that they don't even include drinks with their meals, while most every other restaurant out there does. Never eaten at a Chik-fil-a, so i can't comment on them.

Really? Wow.. I remember reading that the recipe was completely butchered and was just crispy coating flavored with MSG, not sure if that's true or just in one store but in the UK KFC is pretty much the only big chain chicken fast food available and is brilliant, juicy crispy coated chicken dripping in fat and grease that's been stewing in the flavors for days... Oh I do love KFC.

#48 Posted by SheBites (35 posts) -

I don't put any of this junk in my body.

#49 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

@l34052 said:

Why has no one mentioned Roscoes chicken yet??

never tried it, none here. i voted popeyes cause their wicked/naked chicken is so good. but chick fil a does have some good chicken nuggets.

#50 Edited by GazaAli (22958 posts) -

I'd love to try Chik-Fil-A for some reason. I'm getting the vibe that they're expensive compared to other chicken joints, but they have a variety of chicken cooked in different ways. I think they're healthier too? Like they offer grilled chicken breast and whatnot.

I don't think I'd like KFC. Deep fried chicken with heaps of salt? I'll pass.