Where are you moving.......after the Gamespot disaster..?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

Forums are fine. I actually like them better (other than the fading quotes)

Reviews have become far to egocentric around the editors, but i like them rounding to full numbers. everything else is just far too difficult to find and track. i'll probably stick with GB for news and reviews

#152 Posted by TAMKFan (32739 posts) -
@onuruca said:

I'm looking for a new site like the old Gamespot. Where i can:

- Look at game pages with latest info, media, release dates

-Track games

-Rate games scores like 7.5

- Look at upcoming weekly release dates

- Correct and updated database of every game organized to its genre

So far i'm haven't been able to find a site like the old gamespot. Even though the new design sucks i can live with it, but the fact that they removed all the aspects that made Gamespot the best site to track games is unacceptable.

I would have to agree about rating games. I don't see why they can't let us users use half-points. In fact, having the .1 increments back from several years ago would be nice too.

#153 Posted by Chupert (3 posts) -

I feel you dude this site sucks I used to have gamespot as my homepage, now its all broken, not helpful, the searchs are horrible, i just tried to look for new releases on xbox 360 and I got halo 3 as a result and a bunch of old games (WTF?!!) no more search by score, or genre its just terrible why fix whats not broken?, and in this case why brake what was not broken...

#154 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

I came back and everything is all messed up. I thought the idea was to improve the site not make it worse. My whole profile is gone.

#155 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

It takes forever to load and I liked the old version, but change is good, and this new one looks pretty snazzy.

#156 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

How the site looks is ok but the forums are a disaster.

My reaction when I first saw the new forums....

#158 Edited by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

I actually prefer the forums now.They are faster than before(they are pretty slow still,but better than before),problems are few,the layout is prettier and it is now easy to edit messages quick.

However,many thread categories were removed,but I think they will come back in the next few weeks.

#159 Posted by TrooperManaic (3732 posts) -

I hate how I look at my previous comments that they don't direct me to my comment when I click on it. It just goes to the front page.

Sometimes I want to see what people responded to me without sifting through 5 pages.

#160 Posted by Oidal (1 posts) -

Been using Gamespot for 20 years. Adios ............................

#161 Edited by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

Lol, what a fickle reason to choose a forum. I actually prefer the new layout to the old, so I disagree with you and won't be changing.

#162 Posted by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Nowhere, I'm here to stay.

#163 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3534 posts) -

Still gonna be here, I ain't going anywhere. It'd be nice if the loading was faster.

#164 Edited by junglist101 (5457 posts) -

Well, it's been a while since the change and I gotta say this place sucks hairy monkey balls. My desire to visit is dwindling every day. I'm not gonna outright proclaim I'm done here but I'm starting to feel like it may come to an end naturally unless things get drastically better here.

#165 Posted by Iszdope (9864 posts) -

I still can't log out, so I guess I'm stuck here...

#166 Posted by Iszdope (9864 posts) -

Still can't change my avatar either dagnabbit.

#167 Edited by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -

@junglist101 said:

Well, it's been a while since the change and I gotta say this place sucks hairy monkey balls. My desire to visit is dwindling every day. I'm not gonna outright proclaim I'm done here but I'm starting to feel like it may come to an end naturally unless things get drastically better here.

Agreed.

I've really tried giving this new layout a chance, but it just isn't jiving with me. It feels too clunky and inconvenient to navigate around. Quoting people sucks, and the whole idea of 'replying' to someone is idiotic, considering when I reply to anyone here I'm replying to WHAT THEY JUST SAID.

Anyway, the only real thing keeping me on these forums is the community...but because of the new changes, the community is a fragmented shell of what it used to be.

#168 Edited by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

I don't like this new place at all, but it's still better than most forums. I'll be hanging around here...I guess.

#169 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I only use this site for it's forums, so i couldn't care less about the changes outside of the forums. The only real complaint I have about the forums is how when I go to my post history, I have nothing to click to lead me to my post like the old site did. Best I can do is click to get to the thread I posted in and only to the first page. I have to track down my post from there and that sucks ass. Well now that I am thinking more on it, I also miss the emotes, the site is slow as hell, and my sig doesn't show when I make a post unless I refresh the page.

#170 Edited by EnelSama (8 posts) -

The new interface sucks i agree , i can't even search for games probably , like how the hell do i search for lets say rpg games for xbox 360 without getting weird stuff poping up , alot of icons are missing , some stuff doesn't even show up , i was planning to moving to ign or GT...

what do you guys think ?

#171 Posted by sonicare (53458 posts) -

It's a little harder to navigate. But I want to give them time to work on things.

#172 Posted by AtariKidX (6246 posts) -

@EnelSama said:

The new interface sucks i agree , i can't even search for games probably , like how the hell do i search for lets say rpg games for xbox 360 without getting weird stuff poping up , alot of icons are missing , some stuff doesn't even show up , i was planning to moving to ign or GT...

what do you guys think ?

GT is better....but IGN sucks.

#173 Edited by Guppy507 (17396 posts) -

Are you people still bitching about the redesign?

Don't you think it's time to move on?

#174 Posted by Masculus (2834 posts) -

It doesn't help that a lot of it's content is taken from Neogaf.

Still this place does feel kind dead. Perhaps a good way to rid of the habit of seing this kind of websites.

#175 Posted by JustSignedUp (1148 posts) -

i moved to reddit, its much easier, and no mods

#176 Posted by OmitName (721 posts) -

i was browsing through something like reddit and ended up considerably upset by it. i unwittingly happened upon a few snuff gifs. wow "snuff gifs." what an abysmally awful state of things, that you have to dread the probable encounter of something so terrible. i really am still messed up by it.

#177 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -

@OmitName said:

i was browsing through something like reddit and ended up considerably upset by it. i unwittingly happened upon a few snuff gifs. wow "snuff gifs." what an abysmally awful state of things, that you have to dread the probable encounter of something so terrible. i really am still messed up by it.

If some snuff gifs messed you up, I would just avoid being on the internet entirely.

#178 Posted by OmitName (721 posts) -

perhaps. speaking of, im offset a bit that, snuff gifs are something that, considering that statement, you are very callous to.

its easy to say that there is some crazy stuff on the internet. purposefully as it is, or something caught by chance. in most things the remarkableness and wonder of it is, that the subject of what you are seeing got away with it. the one or two things i saw were just grim and graphic. perverse enough that such a thing went down, much more so that someone took the time to make an animation of it. what were they expecting to add? each of these was book ended by things intended to be interesting or funny; like people dont know the difference. its true that what bothered me is what i got from inbetween the lines, still. and why a gif? gifs should make people happy i say. if you have some regrettable ambition to share such things, have the decency to label it in a clip; something that will make it less easy to find yourself snared by.

#179 Edited by BPoole96 (22788 posts) -

I'm posting a lot more on Neogaf now

#180 Posted by destroyerman455 (112 posts) -

Too be honest, I'm actually using GameSpot's boards MORE than before now. I originally used GameFAQ's boards but after awhile it seemed to get kinda old with its too simplistic set up. Which works for the site, but I felt I needed to change things up a bit.

Navigation wise, its a little difficult, but nothing too hard to get used to.