Where are you moving.......after the Gamespot disaster..?

• 177 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@_Colossus_ said:

Meh, visually it's satisfying. They might need to optimize the loading time, but other then that it looks quite nice. Having said that, I kinda miss the index page for each individual platform and the option for changing the background color (I favored black). Still, this is one of the better overhauls I've seen. YouTube and Kotaku isn't in that category unfortunately..

You ave the option to change background color.

The slider I circled in red allows you to change form black to white. Just click it.

#102 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

There's no indicator on the forum page of which threads you've posted in, or how many new posts there's been since you last looked. Why were these features removed? It makes absolutely no sense. The new layout has tons of empty space, and redundant information filling up the space that is used (do we really need to see a user's name and post count in two different places, with every single fucking post?). Cosmetically, the redesign was clearly done by people who have no idea what they're doing, and just wanted to make drastic changes for the sake of making drastic changes, without giving a second thought to how much of a clusterfuck they made the whole thing.

Also, I'm not disabling adblock to watch videos. Fuck ads.

#103 Edited by ferrari2001 (16917 posts) -

I'm actually getting used to it. I'll be sticking around for the time being.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#104 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6569 posts) -
@ferrari2001 said:

I'm actually getting used to it. I'll be sticking around for the time being.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How the hell are you doing that?! Your sig!

#105 Posted by tocool340 (20510 posts) -

Gamespot appears to slowly be getting its sh1t together, so I may stick around. If server speeds continue to be slow as hell, I may just stop coming here altogether or until the next layout is made. There is no particular place I will be going once I leave though....

Sig

Garfield

#106 Posted by m0zart (11568 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

Your level still exists in your trophies section of your profile.

#107 Posted by dave123321 (34065 posts) -

Level should remain off the forums if we are going to have it

#108 Posted by dave123321 (34065 posts) -

Not having a way to know if there are new posts to threads I read is really a factor that makes me not click on threads since I don't know what is what

#109 Edited by pillarrocks (1317 posts) -

Getting used to new changes.

#110 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

Besides the nearly unbearable load times and the face that I can't open or view my inbox or send messages it's a nicer site.

TBH, it's really the load time that kills it. No site in this era should be as slow as this one.

#111 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

It's okay....it just seems to be a little bit slow as of right now.

#112 Posted by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

@iowastate:

...and it is gone, the feeds on you replying to me...

Fuse Feats: apparently they found it that good that they made it the main user feature for GameSpot now (the famous "Feeds"...)

And the most active user list is back too, yahoo!

GiantBomb Fan: but you should become one now that GS became its mirror...

Fewer things: one should think so, yet of these fewer features every two out of three are still not functional...

Friends: well, the problem is only that you don't see them anymore...

I really hope they'll reintroduce the Blog track feature again.

Anyway, I didn't say I'd leave so for now just let's wait & hope ;)

#113 Posted by blangenakker (2342 posts) -

I'm getting used to it now but it seems there are little things that need fixing. Like sometimes when i watch a thread it doesn't actually watch it.

#114 Edited by Dogswithguns (10764 posts) -

Getting used to it a little more now.. I might stay, dunno.. I visited destructoid.com but it sux over there too. I dunno.

#115 Posted by gba1989 (146 posts) -

They need to return user blog section.

#116 Posted by AtariKidX (6275 posts) -

@gba1989 said:

They need to return user blog section.

I want back the small emotions photos.......:(

#117 Posted by Sidburn19 (4625 posts) -

I've got two tickets to paradise, I'm packing my bags and leaving tonight!

#118 Edited by Bgrngod (5733 posts) -

@EagleEyedOne: Except

@EagleEyedOne said:

@AtariKidX said:

@EagleEyedOne said:

It's fine. Calm down.

Νο......It's not fine.Where is the level,the small faces..:( :lol:....where is the sign gifs.....??

Level was a gimmick. It's cleaner now.

Except for that bit where levels are still here.

#119 Posted by PsychoLemons (2093 posts) -

Why are you still here then?

#120 Posted by lilasianwonder (5964 posts) -

I'll probably stick around for a bit.

#121 Posted by AtariKidX (6275 posts) -

@lilasianwonder said:

I'll probably stick around for a bit.

Me too....I have started to like this new GS look.But at least can we have back the small emotions in the post menu...? :(

#122 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5976 posts) -

I hate this, I think I might be done here for good unless hey fix it.

The site takes FOREVER to load even on my gaming PC w/SSD and super fast cable.

Everything on the forums is shifted to the left for no reason, guess I didn't need the right 30% of my monitor....

Also hard to see what you've read or have not read etc.

RIP legacy forum...

Sigs are basically ruined...

The best part of the site, the forums, is now stupid and destroyed...

#123 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

@Sidburn19: ..."i just want to tell you how im feeling, gotta make you understand. "

@AtariKidX: i think our gamespot profiles carry over and let us post at gamefaqs. i thought that might also be true of giantbomb, alas no

@gba1989: ??? click

#124 Posted by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

I'll wait until everyone leaves I guess. Just looking at the fact that even this board isn't as active as it used to be, I can tell it'll likely die. As I predicted it would. But then you can find me on GameFAQs. However, I get my gaming news from IGN.

#125 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

@The-Apostle: you would go to gamefaqs really? i posted that with a little of a smirk. its super plain. i have posted there before though.

#126 Edited by The-Apostle (12189 posts) -

@OmitName said:

@The-Apostle: you would go to gamefaqs really? i posted that with a little of a smirk. its super plain. i have posted there before though.

I was there before I came here so I'm used to the look and I can't find anything better. I came here because the mods were too mod-happy over there. I could give it another shot. :)

#127 Posted by dave123321 (34065 posts) -

Will leave when I lose interest in the people and discussion

#128 Posted by Krzycho0 (109 posts) -

I can't see all my ratings at once now? Keeping and managing my scores was the only reason why I used gamespot.
Thanks gamespot, I've lost years of rating games.

Where should I migrate, on what site can I keep track of my ratings?
Damn it, rebuilding such a big library from scratch will be a pain in the ass.

#129 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10167 posts) -

my only problem ATM is that i can't find threads in which i've posted. am i being too stupid?

#130 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged: no, they have no real marker for that anymore and the arrow will sometimes bring you to the last read post, sometimes not.

#131 Posted by Serraph105 (28069 posts) -

Did anyone else notice that this forum is officially optimized for mobile platforms now? That's rather exciting.

#132 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@Serraph105: yup and I pretty much only post from my iphone these days so for the first time I am actually enjoying a site change.

#133 Posted by dave123321 (34065 posts) -

Wish we had an editor for mobile devices

#134 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@dave123321: yeah, that and I have not figured out a way to quote. Still a hell of a lot easier than posting on the old site from a phone.

#135 Posted by OmitName (721 posts) -
@dave123321 said:

Will leave when I lose interest in the people and discussion

good answer. *slaps back

#136 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

I like how this site looks.

#137 Posted by verbalfilth (4587 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

my only problem ATM is that i can't find threads in which i've posted. am i being too stupid?

when you click on that carrot by your avatar (at the top right of the page) it will open a dialogue box that has a "forums" option listed on it.

Click on that and it will show you the threads you've posted in.

Putting aside that its location is not intuitive and borders on idiotic, the biggest crime is that there doesn't seem to be a way to figure out if there have been new posts that followed yours.

#138 Posted by lightleggy (15971 posts) -

Well I aint got a clue because GS used to be the only gaming website with a good forum layout plus activity.

Now they took away both of them, seriously this feels like a ghost town now.

#139 Posted by hellbound99 (13 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Gamespot used to be my go to site for information. Everything was organized, and each system had its own section. Now I can't find anything. Also, I never really went to this site for shows or journalism, because quite frankly, they're not really good at it.

@TheFlush said:

@hellbound99: Gamespot has admitted that it's a video player bug and they are working to fix it. So we have to have a little patience I guess, same for the server performance.

I did some research into this and found out you can only watch ad-free videos when you get a paid subscription. As for server performance it is still slow.

#140 Posted by Ronstera (6110 posts) -

I had problems logging in since the site overhaul and I was very close to giving up and leaving but thank God my account is back..

#141 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151048 posts) -

@lightleggy said:

Well I aint got a clue because GS used to be the only gaming website with a good forum layout plus activity.

Now they took away both of them, seriously this feels like a ghost town now.

GS forums have been becoming slower for some time. Usually we get new people in when others leave....but that hasn't been happening. I've never seen the OT so dead as it is now. Not sure why.....

#142 Edited by YoshiYogurt (5976 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:
@Ninja-Hippo said:

It's just a change in layout. It reminds me of the instant whining petitions you get whenever facebook changes design, then everyone is fine with it a few weeks later and cant even remember what the old one was like.

The content is the same, it's just a change in appearance. It's buggy as hell, but give it a few weeks at least.

This layout is pure garbage.

I hate it when websites stretch it claiming they adjusted for widescreen. Websites aren't games or movies.

That's like typing an essay in 11 x 8.5 instead of 8.5 x 11.

This saved me from getting eye cancer: http://userstyles.org/styles/93915/center-gamespot-forums?r=1381456316

This is a life saver. The site is actual tolerable now.

#143 Edited by doolindesperado (296 posts) -

@mehrdad19872010 said:

I am just bummed that there is no Fuse anymore. I liked the idea of a Facebook kind of social site but only for gamers.

me too. I'm also on playfire. I've been spending more time there now...

#144 Edited by OmitName (721 posts) -

i never looked into fuse. i have seen a few people point out that everything there has been carried over in the change in some way. even if only in a form that has some growing to do. you can more or less use the about section like a page of your own.

because the feed button and someones profile are exactly the same thing right now. for me, it might be different for others that follow more. i would find a little more sense in having it go to a user's about page when their @ link, icon, or name is clicked as apposed to a mirror of that users feed. the about section is what should count for the default destination of a users profile. the profile as it is should be converted to a separation from the general feed and stand as the users wall, for others to scrawl their casual comments. it would really be neat if they put a little graffiti thing that others could draw on. that would be a stand out little feature, and honor the concept of calling it a wall. a internet embed group would probably be ecstatic to kick it gs's way for the publicity.

#145 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

@Lonelynight said:

The daily happening

Worst forum in history of mankind.

#146 Edited by onuruca (2873 posts) -

I'm looking for a new site like the old Gamespot. Where i can:

- Look at game pages with latest info, media, release dates

-Track games

-Rate games scores like 7.5

- Look at upcoming weekly release dates

- Correct and updated database of every game organized to its genre

So far i'm haven't been able to find a site like the old gamespot. Even though the new design sucks i can live with it, but the fact that they removed all the aspects that made Gamespot the best site to track games is unacceptable.

#147 Posted by Honenheim (5394 posts) -

I for one would like a poll for this thread and see how many of us would rather go to another part of the farm.

#148 Posted by Serraph105 (28069 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

There's no indicator on the forum page of which threads you've posted in, or how many new posts there's been since you last looked. Why were these features removed? It makes absolutely no sense. The new layout has tons of empty space, and redundant information filling up the space that is used (do we really need to see a user's name and post count in two different places, with every single fucking post?). Cosmetically, the redesign was clearly done by people who have no idea what they're doing, and just wanted to make drastic changes for the sake of making drastic changes, without giving a second thought to how much of a clusterfuck they made the whole thing.

Also, I'm not disabling adblock to watch videos. Fuck ads.

Ads are sort of the internet's ultimate catch 22. Without ads how do you get paid for all the free content that you put out for people to enjoy? And yet people still demand free content and look to find a work around so they don't have to view the ads. In fact the excessive amount of ads are actually part of why people first install adblock because without them the web pages actually load far better. However this is not the only reason people install adblock, its also because we get enough commercials literally everywhere we go.

I wonder what it would take for people to remove adblock.

#149 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@Lonelynight said:

The daily happening

Worst forum in history of mankind.

Might have to agree there.

#150 Posted by Knight_of_Malta (4781 posts) -

The last design was pretty boring, but this is not much better. Then again, I stopped coming here years ago.