When to ask out a girl?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Hey, I'm 19 ( got held back in the 1st grade lol) in my senior year of high school and I never had a girlfriend before, nor ever went to prom or homecoming. There's this girl I'm interested in and would like to ask her out, we have never really talked much before, but we have talked a little, and she occasionally offers me a ride home or greets me in the hall way. I have attended the same school and was in her class for about 3 years now.

I was thinking about asking her out. Should I talk to her more before doing so and wait for a couple weeks or should I just ask her out to see if she is interested in me? Thoughts?

Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts

ask her out for coffee after school or something dude

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts

Just casually ask her to go do something with you.

Wait too long and she forms a friendly bond with you

undergroundLPx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 undergroundLPx
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts

Don't make too big of a deal out of it. And don't accept if's in your life, go after you want, pursue it. There is no worse feeling than letting something pass by and then wondering what could have been.

Casually ask her if she'd like to go out with you to the movies or the mall. The important thing here is to start a stronger/closer relationship where you two start talking and interacting more and see where it goes. Have fun with it man.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

next time she offers you a ride home ask her if she wants to hang out longer

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I think these guys have the right idea. Lots of people try to go from barely having contact with someone to confront said person with their feelings and that's normally a mistake. It doesn't have to go from "I see you walk by twice a week" to "Do you want to go steady?". She probably wouldn't offer you a ride home if she didn't find you at least pleasant to talk to, so just ask her out for a coffee or something; for all you know she thinks the only reason you like talking to her is because you get a lift (don't be dirty minded! =P).

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

This is the key to getting the girl. Don't ask her out. Invite her to hang out with your friends. The ones your the most comfortable with, the ones where you're going to shine. Going straight to dating is awkward, uncomfortable, and has a higher probability of failure.

Don't just ask her out and fumble through a date, invite her to hang out in a place where you're at your best, and show her why you're friggin' awesome and she should want to date you. If you have decent friends, they'll do a good job of making you seem awesome, and there won't be any awkward silences when there's a small group of people all battling for conversation time.

After you've hung out with friends in a comfortable setting a handful of times (2/3), and you're comfortable around each other, then ask her to do something solo. You're odds of landing the girl are much higher.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
Loading Video...

Also, just for fun.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

this.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@VaguelyTagged said:

@lamprey263 said:

this.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@crazyguy111 said:

Hey, I'm 19 ( got held back in the 1st grade lol) in my senior year of high school and I never had a girlfriend before, nor ever went to prom or homecoming. There's this girl I'm interested in and would like to ask her out, we have never really talked much before, but we have talked a little, and she occasionally offers me a ride home or greets me in the hall way. I have attended the same school and was in her class for about 3 yearsnow.

I was thinking about asking her out. Should I talk to her more before doing so and wait for a couple weeks or should I just ask her out to see if she is interested in me? Thoughts?

lol ok bro...

Make your self more assertive and confident.

Not to put you down, but she giving you rides home, sounds pathetic. But her is the more important question, how where those rides home? What did you do, what did she do?

Also you got to ask yourself, what do you have going on? What can you offer? How can you this or that with her?

To me your story sounds like you are that backseat kid, who has a crush on a pretty girl and she doesnt even see you a a possibility of even something casual.

So lets say you some how get her on a date, then what? What are you doing? Where are you at with all of this?

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

As a few guys have suggested, the next time she offers you a ride home, ask her for a coffee or something. Do it slowly and build the relationship, that's how you do it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Nengo_Flow: Are you too macho to catch a ride with a woman? =P

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nengo_Flow

@korvus: Women rides with me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Nengo_Flow: I'm not really bothered one way or the other. I remember when I was in college and it was a lot faster to take the subway to work and then after work take the subway to school. One of my female classmates lived in the same street as me so instead of taking the subway from school to home I'd ride with her.

Even now whenever me and my wife have to drive somewhere far for work, whoever is the most tired takes the passenger seat.

What exactly bothers you with letting a girl drive? Or you just don't like letting other people drive even if they're guys?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow

@korvus: why are you assuming that it bothers me to take a ride from a girl?

please explain where you are getting this from?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Nengo_Flow: Maybe I misunderstood but when you said "Not to put you down, but she giving you rides home, sounds pathetic" I read it as being pathetic that he was accepting rides from her.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Q: "When to ask out a girl?"

A: "When you want to go out with her."

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#22 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

First things first: school dances are incredibly dumb excuses for girls to get dressed up and bring their dates so they feel pretty. I hated most school dances I attended when I was in a relationship. But hey, we did have sex afterwards, so that's something.

Second, just ask her out. Don't be a pansy. If you can half tell she has a thing for you, puff out your chest and just do it. Worst case scenario is that she says no. Not a big deal.

Although, if you don't talk to her very often, don't bother. Only do it if you talk to her on a daily basis and you two get along.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

Just be yourself. Be natural, confident, and calm, and just ask. Don't make it sound like a big deal or anything, you will probably be a little nervous, everyone is when they first start dating, but it's not rocket science or anything. Just ask her in a casual way. Say "hey do you want to hang out later"? Or something along those lines, but make sure that your intentions are known. That you are looking for a relationship.

Basically don't over think it. And don't take it personally either. You win some you lose some. From my experience the best relationships I had was with girls who I had a deeper understanding with, we "got" each other so to speak, we understood our needs and communicated them effectively to one another. We also had similar hobbies which is also important.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

This is the best advice I can give you: forget this girl, go online.

Dating sucks. 99% of girls you meet will either have no interest in you, are nothing like you, are cunts, will break your heart, or will try to steal your sperm cells and use them for evil.

I met my girlfriend of almost a year online, and I couldn't ask for anyone better. She even plays Killzone and Soul Calibur with me. Mi amor....

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

When she's on her period.

/thread

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

She gives you rides home, but yall never talk?

How... What...

The hell are you waiting for?

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

@Sword-Demon said:

She gives you rides home, but yall never talk?

How... What...

The hell are you waiting for?

Seriously bro, this is the golden opportunity to say, "yooooo, lets grab some Starbucks and hang out!!!"