Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Im a very withdrawn person and when I date a girl I try to keep in contact when I can but I stay very busy and I can not always be in touch. It has pissed a lot of girls off in the past.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

No. I've been with my girlfriend for 4 months and have been very happy together. We try to have contact via phone calls or facebook when we can't see each other, but there is a day every now and then where we aren't in touch. It's not a big deal.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

It tends to be a thing with guys where they complain to themselves about their girlfriend spam texting, then they worried when it stops or miss them when it's gone.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

You should expect to. With the ease of communication these days, women don't typically like to be ignored all day. Bare minimum at least say hi, ask how their day is going, etc.

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

Of course, I don't see how you can be so busy that you can't take a few minutes out to at least make a phone call.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If there is a genuine connection with the person, this shouldn't even be a question. You should WANT to talk to them.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Come on dude, why the hell would you ask this on a video game forum?

Ask some of your friends who have been in decently happy long-term relationships.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Is once a week good enough? Or you can try to have contact with her every 3 days.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

No, you follow her home and watch her sleep from her bedroom window all night.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

Generally yes.

And for girls, yes.

But If you are busy it would be understandable, but no girl is gonna accept that.

I had the same problem because I dont really like texting and the girl I was with was younger than me so texting to her was literally her main format of conversating. I tried doing what I used to do with a previous girl, which was talk to her by phone call around 11pm -midnight for an hour or two (sometimes more).

But if you are in a relationship (and depending on the type of girl and what she does to you) you should always ask them how their day was on regular days. If you guys see alot of each other and spend alot of time together then the text and such could be minimal, but if you guys dont see each other that much then it is very important that you have multiple formats of having a presence in her day (which is what they generally want).If you guys are the type to always say goodmorning to each other, do so. If you guys are the type to always say goodnight to each other, do so. If you guys have some type of ritual/pattern/in-side-thing (which you should/or atleast try to in a relationship), do so consistently.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

If there is a genuine connection with the person, this shouldn't even be a question. You should WANT to talk to them.

Totally agree, TC you can still be productive and communicate! Even if it's just to say Hi.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
@Evil_Saluki said:

It tends to be a thing with guys where they complain to themselves about their girlfriend spam texting, then they worried when it stops or miss them when it's gone.

That is quite a generalization.

That said, there might be a science within breakups and recovery.

Loading Video...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@magicalclick said:

I learned one thing. Text good morning and hi is good enough to keep the other person from feeling ignored. No need to nag, but, every morning and afternoon is good enough.

Pretty much. There's perhaps a point where it will begin to feel redundant because it essentially lessens interesting things to talk about in person if you're constantly in communication via text...but yea, just saying Hi a few times and asking how it's going is enough, and it's not really hard to do, even if it might feel pointless.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

Come on dude, why the hell would you ask this on a video game forum?

Ask some of your friends who have been in decently happy long-term relationships.

I'm a gamer and i find this offensive :D

Joking aside, i don't get it ... you think ppl here don't have decent relationships and are incapable of advising on such matters?

In OT you can ask anything which @BranKetra pretty much summed it up :D

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127502 Posts

Give them a call every day.

It really helps in the long run. If it happens to impossible some days... Sending message or a picture could help.

@foxhound_fox said:

Basically this.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@mjorh said:

Joking aside, i don't get it ... you think ppl here don't have decent relationships and are incapable of advising on such matters?

Honestly? A good number of people here would probably fit a similar profile as that Oregon gunman. If they have problems, consult a real pro and not a forum.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Nah. Maybe you should talk about what you two find acceptable intervals and see if you can come to an agreement. That said, being busy is not really an excuse not to spend a few minutes on easy communication, though.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Well see for me if I'm truly in love with someone I'm not going to mind texting daily, if only just for a bit. If I get annoyed at her talking to me during the day and I'd have preferred no communication, then I can't be feeling too much towards her.

Now what is annoying is if she wants to be talking all the time, or whatsapping with her is starting to get in the way of whatever the hell else I'd be doing. This happened sometimes with my last relationship and it got to be pretty tedious.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@mjorh said:

Honestly? A good number of people here would probably fit a similar profile as that Oregon gunman. If they have problems, consult a real pro and not a forum.

It's not THAT serious! He just wants to hear some advice from ppl with some experience , yeah i know consulting with someone having some expertise regarding the issue is the most legitimate way , but as i said it's not that serious ... i mean they're just in the "dating" stage, not married or sth ... and ppl here have offered good insights so far.

Oregon gunman ....oh c'mon {laughs}

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jun_aka_pekto

@mjorh said:

It's not THAT serious! He just wants to hear some advice from ppl with some experience , yeah i know consulting with someone having some expertise regarding the issue is the most legitimate way , but as i said it's not that serious ... i mean they're just in the "dating" stage, not married or sth ... and ppl here have offered good insights so far.

Oregon gunman ....oh c'mon {laughs}

I know it seems far-fetched. I mean other posters are welcome to provide suggestions. Don't let me stop them. But, taking into account other threads that give an indication of people's conditions and attitudes, it's not hard to see the similarities. I think it's better to have an awareness of where such situations may eventually lead to. When people are aware, there's less chance they'll go off the deep end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

If you really love/care about them, you'll want to

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jun_aka_pekto

Gee. I can still remember the time before my wife and I got married. Long-distance relationship. I sent one letter maybe once a month. I might have called her once every few weeks. I might fly over every few months to get some.

MrsSolidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrsSolidSnake
Member since 2009 • 5003 Posts

Well, I've been in two long-term relationships in my life and if either of them had ignored me for a whole day I'd be pretty mad. I just find that at the start of the relationship or just prior to we talk every day so why change it once you're comfortable in the relationship?