What's your thoughts on Valentine's Day?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

Do you celebrate it or not or maybe you think it's overrated?

#2 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays.
#3 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

I'm not too hip on manufactured holidays based on consumerism.

#4 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
Its all a mass marketing gimmick done by the big corporations. they want to generate some easy $$$ so they make up this bs day for people to "express love" and buy flowers or whatever it is they try to sell. Days like this piss me off.
#5 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
I celebrate it if I have a gf at that time,if I don't then its ok,more money in my pocket
#6 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I'm Jewish, of course I don't celebrate Valentine's day.
#7 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10863 posts) -
It's just another commercial holiday. [/forever alone] :cry:
#8 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -
I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays. Rich3232
Tell me how well this line goes over with your gf the next time you get one.
#9 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
[QUOTE="Aquat1cF1sh"] [/forever alone] :cry:

your only forever alone if you don't try. "you fail all the tests you dont take" as I say. Go out there and find a mate if you want one, or regret it FOREVER
#10 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rich3232"]I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays. JML897

That is something I would actually say to my gf
#11 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="Rich3232"]I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays. SteverXIII

That is something I would actually say to my gf

I dont have one right now (not really interested) but you know what i mean
#12 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9508 posts) -
I actually like V-Day, IDK why cuz I've always spent it alone....
#13 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rich3232"]I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays. JML897

I would know my gf well enough to determine whether I should actually say that out aloud, but I would hope that my future gf has the same idea as I do.
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I think it's a lame Hallmark holiday. If you love another person, you shouldn't need a date on a calendar to show it.

#15 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
[QUOTE="JML897"][QUOTE="Rich3232"]I don't celebrate national consumerism holidays. Rich3232

I would know my gf well enough to determine whether I should actually say that out aloud, but I would hope that my future gf has the same idea as I do.

Rich have you ever been in a relationship? or are you trying to get in there with someone?
#16 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
It's fun if you have someone to share it with
#17 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -
[QUOTE="SteverXIII"][QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="JML897"] Tell me how well this line goes over with your gf the next time you get one.

Rich have you ever been in a relationship? or are you trying to get in there with someone?

Not yet, and I had a interest in someone, but alas I missed my chance.
#18 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -

[QUOTE="SteverXIII"][QUOTE="Rich3232"] I would know my gf well enough to determine whether I should actually say that out aloud, but I would hope that my future gf has the same idea as I do. Rich3232

You know, i tried having a relationship with someone. I thought itd be cool or something because thats what i had been led up to believe by society. it wasnt cool. she was a nice girl and all, but i felt like this mental block. everytime id get complimented (just like when anyone else would) from her I'd feel nothing. she was so smitten, and I felt nothing romantic towards her. i didn't get it, why was she so interested in me? why is anyone interested in me? its weird, I think im special in someways but people appreciarte me too much. society told me love and stuff was amazing "get a girlfriend" or whatever. it wasn't, i felt cold and empty like I always do. it didn't do a thing for me

hope you find someone good

#19 Posted by XilePrincess (13126 posts) -
It's good for cheap chocolate in the weeks after it.
#20 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

I don't celebrate it cause I have no reason to. 

#21 Posted by johnd13 (7986 posts) -

It's fun if you have someone to share it withCanuck3000

I agree. But I don' t have someone. :(

#22 Posted by Rich3232 (2754 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rich3232"][QUOTE="SteverXIII"] Rich have you ever been in a relationship? or are you trying to get in there with someone?SteverXIII

You know, i tried having a relationship with someone. I thought itd be cool or something because thats what i had been led up to believe by society. it wasnt cool. she was a nice girl and all, but i felt like this mental block. everytime id get complimented (just like when anyone else would) from her I'd feel nothing. she was so smitten, and I felt nothing romantic towards her. i didn't get it, why was she so interested in me? why is anyone interested in me? its weird, I think im special in someways but people appreciarte me too much. society told me love and stuff was amazing "get a girlfriend" or whatever. it wasn't, i felt cold and empty like I always do. it didn't do a thing for me

hope you find someone good

I hope I do, but I have no delusions about myself or relationships.
#23 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6536 posts) -
It's a nice day to find chicks with low self-esteem
#24 Posted by SteverXIII (3827 posts) -
It's a nice day to find chicks with low self-esteemCapitan_Kid
and you still dont have a chance
#25 Posted by Dexter-010 (508 posts) -
It's a waste of your money. I don't need this day to share my love with a girl.
#26 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6536 posts) -
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]It's a nice day to find chicks with low self-esteemSteverXIII
and you still dont have a chance

Perhaps. Guess I need a wingman!
#27 Posted by xdude85 (4341 posts) -
Pointless holiday and waste of money.
#28 Posted by soulless4now (41366 posts) -

I like the chocolate aspect of it. 

#29 Posted by gamerguru100 (10501 posts) -
This, but I'm forever alone, so that's mostly why I don't celebrate it. :P
#30 Posted by wis3boi (31112 posts) -

just another day

#31 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

No, i don't celebrate manufactured consumerist holidays.

#32 Posted by gotdangit (8149 posts) -

No one here has a girlfriend... Haha

Neither do I but 2 years ago I told a girl I was dating that it was stupid and people just do it to make money. Guess what. She didn't like it. This was in our pre-goingout stage so it was a big deal to her. She took it as though I didn't really like her or something like that.

The point is. It is a stupid holiday, but don't pretend like it's nothing because if there is a girl that's interested in you, and you say something like I did or even not do anything. She's not going to like it.

The next year I learned and I got her a chocolate with a stuffed bear. All better, she loved it a lot.

You obviously don't need a holiday to show someone you love them, but because there already is a holiday that almost forces it, if you don't do anything about it, your significant other will not like it. Even if they say they don't want anything or agree it's stupid. They secretly want something.

#33 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

No one here has a girlfriend... Haha

Neither do I but 2 years ago I told a girl I was dating that it was stupid and people just do it to make money. Guess what. She didn't like it. This was in our pre-goingout stage so it was a big deal to her. She took it as though I didn't really like her or something like that.

The point is. It is a stupid holiday, but don't pretend like it's nothing because if there is a girl that's interested in you, and you say something like I did or even not do anything. She's not going to like it.

The next year I learned and I got her a chocolate with a stuffed bear. All better, she loved it a lot.

You obviously don't need a holiday to show someone you love them, but because there already is a holiday that almost forces it, if you don't do anything about it, your significant other will not like it. Even if they say they don't want anything or agree it's stupid. They secretly want something.

gotdangit

Actually if anything my wife has a lower opinion of Valentine's Day than I do.

#34 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
This, you can make any day a lovely day, it is all up to you, rather than waiting for a certain date.
#35 Posted by theshadowhunter (2956 posts) -

Singles awareness day? Well if I was in a relationship it might mean that I would do something special that day with that special someone.... but I'm fresh out of those at the moment....

#36 Posted by pie-junior (2821 posts) -
I only celebrate it ironically because of how much of a nonconformist I am
#37 Posted by KHAndAnime (13422 posts) -
Just broke up with GF couple weeks ago so I'm not doing anything special (unless I move quick)
#38 Posted by MrPraline (21308 posts) -
lol, Hallmark day.
#39 Posted by Floridaman46 (250 posts) -

I'm Single. V-day can be annoying a lot of times.

#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150325 posts) -
Depends on what you do with the holiday.
#41 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
Pointless, shouldn't need a date to show someone you care.
#42 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36776 posts) -
Depends if n-re can make it here
#43 Posted by Legend002 (7023 posts) -

It's a scam. Valentine's Day was created to sell a few extra boxes of chocolate.

#44 Posted by Jackboot343 (2574 posts) -

tumblr_lgmumbXdTF1qbow3so1_500.jpg'

#45 Posted by t3hrubikscube (20416 posts) -
I never got into it much anyway, but working at a Hallmark store totally soured me on it.
#46 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

I'm Jewish, of course I don't celebrate Valentine's day. Fightingfan

Are you saying that Valentine's day isn't kosher?

oy vey, it must be all that porking.

#47 Posted by supa_badman (16626 posts) -
It's good for cheap chocolate in the weeks after it.XilePrincess
#48 Posted by CountBleck12 (22660 posts) -
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]It's good for cheap chocolate in the weeks after it.supa_badman

#49 Posted by WaterSphere (217 posts) -
It is fine with me. I don't mind it.
#50 Posted by brickdoctor (9746 posts) -

It's a good way to make your girlfriend feel romantic, and a good way to depress a guy if he doesn't have one.