whats your most messed up anime ending ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by osirisx3 (2009 posts) -

I just finished watching an anime called school days. It has one of the most disturbing and creepy endings, i have seen in an anime. I wont spoil it for you but if anyone wants to see what i am talking about i will link you to the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMTFRR7giBg

This got me wondering what shows have made you freak out because of the ending? I am really into drama these days so id like to hear about some more crazy ending.

#2 Posted by thegerg (15776 posts) -
I don't have any anime endings.
#3 Posted by lamprey263 (25021 posts) -
I just YouTube'd "School days ending" and got "School Days Anime - Uncensored Ending", I might be missing context but regardless I can see how that's messed up and all. Anyhow, I just checked on Wikipedia, the final episode was delayed due to a bad murder that would have made the airing of that last episode in bad taste. See more at School Days - delay of finale, also some interesting meme education on the origins of the meme "nice boat", referring to the boat shown in the scenic shots broadcasting that replaced the final episode's airing..
#4 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

The ending to Blood C was not only incredibly messed up, but mind numbingly stupid, offensively gross, and extremely unsatisfying. That is still, hands down, one of the worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of seeing all the way to the end.

#5 Posted by osirisx3 (2009 posts) -

I just YouTube'd "School days ending" and got "School Days Anime - Uncensored Ending", I might be missing context but regardless I can see how that's messed up and all. Anyhow, I just checked on Wikipedia, the final episode was delayed due to a bad murder that would have made the airing of that last episode in bad taste. See more at School Days - delay of finale, also some interesting meme education on the origins of the meme "nice boat", referring to the boat shown in the scenic shots broadcasting that replaced the final episode's airing..lamprey263

lol yeah i heard about the boat thing. It does give it more contects if you seen all 12 episodes but its still pretty damn dark.

#6 Posted by osirisx3 (2009 posts) -

The ending to Blood C was not only incredibly messed up, but mind numbingly stupid, offensively gross, and extremely unsatisfying. That is still, hands down, one of the worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of seeing all the way to the end.

Lucky_Krystal

i really don't get why people think its the wrost anime ever. Yes its by no means a great show but ive seen far worse.

#7 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

i really don't get why people think its the wrost anime ever. Yes its by no means a great show but ive seen far worse.

osirisx3

Well that's why I said one of the worst. There are plenty of anime I think are even worse than Blood C. But its still pretty darn bad.

#8 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -

Sort of hard to beat this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNelByTqFnA

#9 Posted by Aljosa23 (25669 posts) -

This is basically Evangelion: The Thread.

#10 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

nothing beats school days ending, at least anime wise and I seen alot of anime. We need more yandere women

#11 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Eureka Seven AO. [spoiler] In a few words, those 24-26 episodes were meaningless. Nothing happened [/spoiler]
#12 Posted by BranKetra (49388 posts) -
The ending of Berserk is the most disturbing anime I ever watched.
#13 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6848 posts) -
Ergo Proxy. Not even just the ending, the entire f*cking thing.
#14 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Ergo Proxy. Not even just the ending, the entire f*cking thing.Shottayouth13-

I love Ergo Proxy :o

This is the first time I've heard someone refer to it as disturbing though. What was messed up about it to you?

#15 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6848 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]Ergo Proxy. Not even just the ending, the entire f*cking thing.Lucky_Krystal

I love Ergo Proxy :o

This is the first time I've heard someone refer to it as disturbing though. What was messed up about it to you?

Ok, maybe messed up isn't the right word, but ti got really shitty towards the ending.
#16 Posted by rogergcq (5 posts) -
I've ever had the displeasure of seeing all the way to the end.
#17 Posted by johnd13 (7998 posts) -

Aljosa23

Lol I' m going to watch the last two episodes today.

*braces himself*

#18 Posted by N30F3N1X (8043 posts) -

Eh, not a big anime fan, I'll have to go with Death Note. Not only the anime lasted 25 episodes more than it should have, the "ending" was one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen.

#19 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I didn't think animes ended. I thought they just went on and on forever, dragging out simple plots over entire seasons and contradicting past points they made over the course of thousands of episodes.

#20 Posted by Jehuty08 (1951 posts) -

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

johnd13

*braces himself*

to really drive it home, you need to watch the end of evangelion too (the movie)

#21 Posted by johnd13 (7998 posts) -

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

Jehuty08

*braces himself*

to really drive it home, you need to watch the end of evangelion too (the movie)

Yeah that' s what a friend recommended too. And after having just watched the final episodes, I agree.

#22 Posted by Angie7F (1175 posts) -

If you saw Evangelion and was kinda OK with the ending, you have to watch Aku no Hana.

It is creepy through out the series and has a total WTF ending.

#23 Posted by osirisx3 (2009 posts) -

If you saw Evangelion and was kinda OK with the ending, you have to watch Aku no Hana.

It is creepy through out the series and has a total WTF ending.

Angie7F

wtf ending are best

#24 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Berserk ending was pretty creepy though I saw it years ago so don't remember too well.

#25 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jehuty08"]

[QUOTE="johnd13"]

*braces himself*

johnd13

Yeah that' s what a friend recommended too. And after having just watched the final episodes, I agree.

Yeah, their budget ran out by the time they created the final two episodes, so it is why they are the way they are. End of Evangelion fixes that and shows what is going on in the final two episodes in more real time.
#26 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

Aljosa23

This^

From TV troupes:

Gainax Ending(aka EVA's maker)

A Gainax Ending is an ending that doesn't make any sense, or does make sense but is hidden under enough Mind Screw to not have an easy explanation. This is usually a deliberate form of Mind Screwor intended as a Sequel Hook to a sequel that was never made. For whatever reason, after watching a Gainax Ending, you won't have any idea what happened. After rewatching it, rewatching the entire series, discussing it with other fans, looking up the meaning of the symbolism, and subjecting the entire thing to a comprehensive literary analysis, you still might not have any idea what happened. If you're lucky, then there will be some kind of emotional or symbolic resolution even if it doesn't actually explain what happened to the characters, and you'll be left with the sense that the series as a whole was more deeply thought out than it seemed before. If you're unlucky, then you'll be left with more questions than when you started and the sense that the series as a whole has been voided of the meaning you once read in it.

#27 Posted by sSubZerOo (43630 posts) -
Berserk.. BERSERK.. There is no other alternative when looking at how that anime series ended.
#28 Posted by TheFlush (5611 posts) -

The ending of Akira, because it ends where the manga just well eh... begins.

#29 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -

I didn't think animes ended. I thought they just went on and on forever, dragging out simple plots over entire seasons and contradicting past points they made over the course of thousands of episodes.

sune_Gem
No they are nothing like that. The mainstream ones the ones that people who don't watch anime know about like Naruto and One Peice don't end but the majority like Shakugan no Shana, To aru,, Full Metal Alchemist.. etc do end. Like 5% of 100% of anime don't end. The rest of the 95% end.