What's your moral alignment?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Sort of inspired by the superpowers thread, I decided to take two different D&D alignment tests, just for fun. This one is outdated but official, while here's a more recent one on Buzzfeed. Take either or both, then post your results.

As I suspected, I'm True Neutral on both.

Also, here's a fun and relevant little picture:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Neutral Good. But I dont really like the D&D alignment system. It is an interesting concept in roleplaying games. But in the real world things are usually not that simple.

Personally, you would know a lot more about my morality by knowing my agendas and criteria (some base their criteria on a holy book, others base it on an ideology or teachings of someone, others base it on personal experience).

Epistomology: Data and personal experience

Agenda: Secularism, Humanism, Environmentalism

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23046 Posts

Neutral Good. Seems about right.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Neutral good for me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

true neutral, maybe neutral good. Definitely dipping towards chaotic...maybe my powers manifest in a split personality that when goaded or tapped into "ultimate power mode" I surge into chaotic alignment and, for lack of a better word, don't give a hoot.

Assuming I were a superhero, or had super powers, or were a demigod or what have you...

...I generally see myself as some sort of steward of nature, like a druid, or a keeper of the natural order.

I don't stop things from falling apart if that is what should happen, but I do make sure they fall apart as they should. If I see a wolf tearing a deer's throat out to eat the deer, I'm not going to intervene and be like "Stop it wolf, leave the deer alone"; likewise if I see a cop and robber battling it out, I won't intervene (though I might help the innocent bystanders, they did not ask for involvement) because that is human nature and that is law and that is chaos.

There usually comes a time in the story, though, where characters like this are asked to pick a side. I'd probably weigh the pros and cons and pick what is best for the universe, not what is best for a specific planet or country or race or alliance. I'm not a huge comic book reader but I've sort of gotten into comics in these past few years, it seems like characters like this are generally A.) have a lot of power, and B.) sort of exist in their own realm, and are often consulted at great trepidation because they're unreliable?

That's me I guess.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

True neutral

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Chaotic Good.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

Chaotic Neutral.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Somewhere in the neutral column... depending on how I feel at the time.

Quiz said True Neutral. As with everything in life, balance is the key.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

I do both good and evil deeds, but in the end I'm good to my friends, and that's good enough for me.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

True Neutral. About right.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maroxad

@mrbojangles25 said:

true neutral, maybe neutral good. Definitely dipping towards chaotic...maybe my powers manifest in a split personality that when goaded or tapped into "ultimate power mode" I surge into chaotic alignment and, for lack of a better word, don't give a hoot.

Assuming I were a superhero, or had super powers, or were a demigod or what have you...

...I generally see myself as some sort of steward of nature, like a druid, or a keeper of the natural order.

I don't stop things from falling apart if that is what should happen, but I do make sure they fall apart as they should. If I see a wolf tearing a deer's throat out to eat the deer, I'm not going to intervene and be like "Stop it wolf, leave the deer alone"; likewise if I see a cop and robber battling it out, I won't intervene (though I might help the innocent bystanders, they did not ask for involvement) because that is human nature and that is law and that is chaos.

There usually comes a time in the story, though, where characters like this are asked to pick a side. I'd probably weigh the pros and cons and pick what is best for the universe, not what is best for a specific planet or country or race or alliance. I'm not a huge comic book reader but I've sort of gotten into comics in these past few years, it seems like characters like this are generally A.) have a lot of power, and B.) sort of exist in their own realm, and are often consulted at great trepidation because they're unreliable?

That's me I guess.

I used to have that mentality.

But after my inaction caused someone to basically freeze to death. And following a stream of actions I regret. I slowly started experiencing an shift in behaviour. But I dont do my more compassionate neutral good acts out of compassion. But I rather do them, because the memories I have already torment me enough as it is. I dont want to add more fuel to the fire. While I am supposedly Neutral Good by the D&D test, I do these good deeds not out of altruism, but out of selfishness.

I seek to end the ghosts of the past that torment and haunt me today (in a metaphorical sense, I don't believe in ghosts).

Of course, it is more than just letting someone freeze to death. When I lived in India for instance, I saw the horrors of the caste system with my own eyes. The most terrifying of them all was a starving woman, who held a dead baby as she was begging for money.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

chaotic good according to the bf test. didn't take the other one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Neutral Evil.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I'm a Lawful Good. Even though I broke the law it was a mistake.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Lawful Good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts

@Maroxad: yeah, this is all hypothetical, of course. In reality I like to help as I can, am more proactive.

But if I were a god or god-like (superhero), well, you can't help everyone, right? Or maybe you can? I'm playing my way through SWTOR right now, and in the expansion/s *minor spoiler* the Immortal Emperor essential abandons the Imperial Empire and founds this new Empire out on the fringes of space, he raises these primitive people from the swamps to these technological heights and turns it into a utopia and watches over them. They are, for lack of a better word, happy and watched over (despite the Emperor being an evil bastard, it's not like the Empire we know of).

So maybe the whole "you can't save everyone" mentality to Godhood is kind of boguns? I don't know. I mean, maybe the harder you try to make the world a better place, the more like a tyrant you become? On one hand you sometimes need to save people from themselves, on the other hand you gotta let them learn on their own.

Laissez-faire, or live and let live/die?

Hmm...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#19 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

MUUUUUUUURDDDDERRRRREERRRRRRRR!!!!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Maroxad

@mrbojangles25 said:

@Maroxad: yeah, this is all hypothetical, of course. In reality I like to help as I can, am more proactive.

But if I were a god or god-like (superhero), well, you can't help everyone, right? Or maybe you can? I'm playing my way through SWTOR right now, and in the expansion/s *minor spoiler* the Immortal Emperor essential abandons the Imperial Empire and founds this new Empire out on the fringes of space, he raises these primitive people from the swamps to these technological heights and turns it into a utopia and watches over them. They are, for lack of a better word, happy and watched over (despite the Emperor being an evil bastard, it's not like the Empire we know of).

So maybe the whole "you can't save everyone" mentality to Godhood is kind of boguns? I don't know. I mean, maybe the harder you try to make the world a better place, the more like a tyrant you become? On one hand you sometimes need to save people from themselves, on the other hand you gotta let them learn on their own.

Laissez-faire, or live and let live/die?

Hmm...

If I was a god-like superhero, I would then use my superhuman intellect, to indirectly save lives.

I would develop solutions halt air pollution, cure cancer, HIV and other forms of disease. I would develop solutions to help feed the starving populations of Africa. People wouldnt know I had superpowers in the first place, all they would think of me was some massive genius.

If I used magic or whatever to solve these issues, I may end up causing more problems in the long run. People might not get motivated to develop a cure for cancer when this wizard already has all the solutions to every problem in the world. Worse yet, I would give credibility to the supernatural, giving quacks and con artists ground to con the desperate out of both money and making them pin their hopes in the false blatantly untrue stuff.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Well, first test I got:

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

And second one I got:

You Got: Lawful Neutral

You’re motivated by tradition and you strongly believe in law and order. You put a lot of faith in process, and you’ll often follow orders without questioning them, as long as it doesn’t cause you to act immorally.

Popular lawful neutral characters:

Andy Dwyer from Parks and Rec

Lana Kane from Archer

Spock from Star Trek

I remember taking the first test before though I don't remember what I got back then (Think it was chaotic good). But I do remember the answers to many of the questions being downright silly. I mean, the "reasons" they put behind some of the yes/no answers I strongly don't align myself with, even if I choose either option. So it becomes difficult to give an accurate/truthful answer to many of those questions....

I consider myself a child of chaos though so I'd put myself between Chaos Neutral and Chaos Good....

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Chaotic Neutral.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#24  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

@hajackto:

Three words you seem to have missed from the original post which you may or may not have read:

Just. For. Fun.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Law is Law and right can be wrong and wrong can be right

And i'm Chaotic Neutral. Which is fitting with Deadpool.