Whats with all these ridiculous, carbon copy tattoos?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I've noticed that maybe 9 out of 10 inked people 18 years and above have one of these tats

An anchor

a dreamcatcher

an infinity sign with a phrase in it

chinese characters

a flock of birds

a feather

a koi fish

What the hell is this? What kind of stupid trend? At least the tribal tattoos that were so popular in the 90s were kind of different and they fall in the "tattoos which dont require symbolism" category, but these...these are just retarded...dont young kids realize that abso-fucking-lutely everyone has the same tats as they do? So much for being obssessed with uniqueness...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Trend?...it has always been like this.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lightleggy

@SaintLeonidas said:

I dont remember seeing these 10 years ago. Maybe an oddbird now and then had a dreamcatcher, but thats about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@lightleggy: You're just a well of positive energy, aren't you? =P You really need to relax and stop getting so aggravated with what other people do or don't do...that's not good for you =)

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@lightleggy said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

I dont remember seeing these 10 years ago.

Then your memory sucks or you weren't paying attention. Most tattoo parlors have a set of designs they do that people can choose if they don't have their own design - hence why a lot of people have similar generic tattoos. It has always been like this.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lightleggy

@magicalclick said:

Well Koi Fish dated all the way back to Feudal era.

Anchor dated all the way back to sailor era.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure they were clan marks or something like that, not some random teenager wanting to put a random fish in his arm.

@korvus said:

@lightleggy: You're just a well of positive energy, aren't you? =P You really need to relax and stop getting so aggravated with what other people do or don't do...that's not good for you =)

I'm pretty relaxed. This entertains me.

@SaintLeonidas said:

@lightleggy said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

I dont remember seeing these 10 years ago.

Then your memory sucks or you weren't paying attention. Most tattoo parlors have a set of designs they do that people can choose if they don't have their own design - hence why a lot of people have similar generic tattoos. It has always been like this.

Hmmm nope, my memory is pretty good. I'm not saying these tattoos never existed before. I'm saying that there has been a ridiculous rise in popularity in the latest years. Just like you wont see more people getting "c'est la vie" tattoos anymore when 5 years ago it was the only one out there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts
@lightleggy said:

I'm pretty relaxed. This entertains me.

As long as you're not genuinely stressed about this kind of stuff it's ok, I guess. =D

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

@magicalclick said:

Well Koi Fish dated all the way back to Feudal era.

Anchor dated all the way back to sailor era.

"Sailor era"

"raises eyebrows"

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Most tattoo's fall into categories, Tribal being one, Traditional being one (anchor). Black and grey. Stonework. Bio mechanical, Script, Chinese. Those are just are just a handful and they can be broken down further or chopped and changed with a variety of different words which essentially describe the same thing.

Personally I loved the idea of tattoo's since I can remember, and before I became tattooed I was absolutely certain that I wanted mine to be totally unique. The simple fact is with hundreds of millions of people who also like tattoo's the chances of me picking something truly unique and also aesthetically pleasing were slim.

I went down the traditional route for the most part. I actually have an anchor.

But its an anchor to symbolise a family with strong ties to the navy (merchant and military) Behind the anchor is a picture of a setting sun and a cuban flag (amazing memories with the girl I love after an amazing holiday).

Even what appears to be the most generic piece of shit to one can have a lot of meaning to another. Live and let live.

P.S - I also have a band tattoo, two sets of lyrics, a skull, a shit ton of roses, a pirate girl, a panther, a shark, a heart and an unfinished portrait of Charles Darwin....and if that's not enough to piss you off next month Im getting a ship inkd on my chest. Ha!

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

The most common one on guys' arms is the barbed wire. Now talk about cliche. . .

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lightleggy

@always_explicit said:

Most tattoo's fall into categories, Tribal being one, Traditional being one (anchor). Black and grey. Stonework. Bio mechanical, Script, Chinese. Those are just are just a handful and they can be broken down further or chopped and changed with a variety of different words which essentially describe the same thing.

Personally I loved the idea of tattoo's since I can remember, and before I became tattooed I was absolutely certain that I wanted mine to be totally unique. The simple fact is with hundreds of millions of people who also like tattoo's the chances of me picking something truly unique and also aesthetically pleasing were slim.

I went down the traditional route for the most part. I actually have an anchor.

But its an anchor to symbolise a family with strong ties to the navy (merchant and military) Behind the anchor is a picture of a setting sun and a cuban flag (amazing memories with the girl I love after an amazing holiday).

Even what appears to be the most generic piece of shit to one can have a lot of meaning to another. Live and let live.

P.S - I also have a band tattoo, two sets of lyrics, a skull, a shit ton of roses, a pirate girl, a panther, a shark, a heart and an unfinished portrait of Charles Darwin....and if that's not enough to piss you off next month Im getting a ship inkd on my chest. Ha!

Thats a tattoo with meaning. There is nothing wrong with that. Most kids however only get those generic tats because they "look cool", or they give it some bs cliche meaning like how the flock of birds mean freedom. Freedom from what? Who knows. And what the hell is the koi fish supposed to mean?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

You need to relax about things in general.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

I could never get a tattoo. I know whatever I choose, no matter how great it might seem, I will regret with a few days/weeks.

As for other peoples tattoos, I don't really care. I might think they're cool or stupid, but it has no impact on my life.

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

I could never get a tattoo. I know whatever I choose, no matter how great it might seem, I will regret with a few days/weeks.

As for other peoples tattoos, I don't really care. I might think they're cool or stupid, but it has no impact on my life.

A pretty safe bet would be to choose a design you really like and then sit on it for a year. Maybe put a print of it on a wall so you see it every day.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

Because hipsters.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

An anchor? I've never seen one outside of a cartoon.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lightleggy

@dave123321 said:

You need to relax about things in general.

I am relaxed, you seem to be angry at my tendency to speak out my dislikes...

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

Why do people even get tattoos in the first place?