Whats one of the nicest things you ever done ?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Just wonder, if people are still nice. I think one of the nicest things i've ever done is give a car to someone. I had a temp at my work place, that was going through a divorce. He had to pay child support, needed a vehicle. He didn't get paid very much, and he was trying to save for a car. I actually gave him a classic Cutlass, one owner vehicle. Sgined it off to him, and he never showed up to work the next day ? lol .. Goes to show, don't be to nice. Never saw him again. Then end .. What about you guys ?

ps, i did try to give it to this other person first. A dad who was working on a piece of crap car for his son. I offered him my Cutlass, and he refused, thought it was stolen ? lol .. I told him i wanted to give it to him, it was in great condition, and i thought a gift was a good thing. He did not believe me. Oh well, i tried.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#2 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Not sure I have ever done anything that big for anyone yet...I'm more on the "small and continuous support" wagon. I've become a phisiotherapist to help people, I'm a blood/plasma and organ donor (although I have never donated my organs =p), I've volunteered in homeless shelters, children hospitals and nursing homes, I was part of a group who would offer emotional support to people...oh yeah, and when I was a kid I would always give my lunch to a kid who never had anything to eat =P

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Well, as small as you guys think that might be, its bigger then you can imagine. Nice to know, good peeps still out there. A little, means allot.

-Blasphemy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By -Blasphemy-
Member since 2005 • 3369 Posts

I took on my sister's car note and made the payments on time until it was paid off cause she for some reason doesn't know how to pay bills on time.

Don't think I'll ever do something like that again though paying someone else's car note and insurance put me in debt

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

The nicest thing I'm doing and still doing is being a Gentleman. I always hold the door for the lady's, showing respect to others around me, trying to do the best I can if a lady wants to have a seat on the bus if it gets crowded, don't be a jerk (that part comes when your on the we lol) unless you looking for trouble that is. That's probably the nicest things I done in my life, just being a Gentleman.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I also gave a car to somebody. And I received a jolly great big "F*ck You" for doing it ...

Just before I relocated from South Africa to the US several years ago, I decided that I would donate the car I had been using in South Africa to my brother in law. I could have sold it for a substantial sum, but my brother in law needed a car and giving him mine seemed like the decent, charitable thing to do.

I still remember the details of the hand over: My brother-in-law did not utter one word of thanks. Not one. He did, however, notice a tear in the fabric of the dome's interior and demand an explanation for it, with an angry frown on his face.

A few months later, I received the news that my brother-in-law had left the car parked on a farm without bothering to arm any of the security devices. Teenage thugs had broken into the car I had once cherished, taken it on a joy ride and totaled it on a tree.

That was my reward for being nice enough to give somebody a car.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Nothing comes to mind.

I only care about myself.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

A cat got hit by a car in my neighborhood and the people weren't home, so I took it to the vet myself.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Some asshole bitchface bitch that hates life and everyone works in our apartment front office, she claims the groundskeepers got lunged at by a pit bull and so when she found out my neighbor had a pit bull (not the same pit bull mind you) she ordered that my neighbors get rid of it in three days (not long enough to find it a proper new home), she said the dog violated their pet policies (which was a lie), and if they didn't she threatened to call animal control, where it'd go to the pound and get put down immediately. My neighbors were devastated, their dog is the sweetest thing in the world, loves everybody, isn't aggressive in the slightest, they love it, and treat it like their baby.

So I knew of a little something that can let them keep their dog, something I learned while reading the news. I did a little online legal research, I drafted a letter on my neighbors behalf which they signed once they read it and gave to the front office, which stated that the animal is an emotional support animal, which by Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968, which in 1988 came to include disabled people), the dog by the HFAct rules is a necessary animal for mentally disabled people that the apartment would have to make a reasonable accommodation for, in order that she may use and enjoy her place of dwelling, and not doing so would be a violation of her constitutionally protected civil rights as a member of a protected class. Now the apartment front office can't get rid of her dog. An ESA is not considered a pet legally.

Granted I felt my neighbor qualified, I wouldn't just outright lie like that. She's in the process of a divorce from a physically abusive husband that use to beat her for years, her boyfriends mother just died, she works two stressful jobs, she hates being home alone and gets depression and/or anxiety and won't go out, feels uneasy, can't relax, can't sleep at night; it's obvious that her mental disability limits her major life functions. Her having that dog has been the best thing for her. She still needs to get a doctor to sign off on it, I know of a few who might be willing, so that's the next step, but in the meantime at least the front office hasn't got the dog euthanized.

And I'd really like to keep this neighbor, she's really cool, clean, respects everyone. Her boyfriend is great. There's too many section 8 ghetto trash moving in and that's the last thing I need moving in if those people move out. Plus I love animals, and hate the apartment management. And I've too much free time. I was very motivated to help.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#11 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am not a grand gesture kind of guy, seing how i don't have money for that stuff. I try to do nice things for people all the time. Follow a drunk lost woman home, making sure she didn't get taken advantage of. Stuff like that mostly

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

I give to charities overseas on a regular basis.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

I have given blankets to homeless people a couple of times. Recently my girlfriend lost her copy of a show that she loves (Pepper Ann) so I started emailing a bunch of people on YouTube about it as well as a bunch of people at Disney to see if I could get it back. Not only did I get a new copy, but I managed to get my girlfriend to chat with the show's creator Sue Rose.

Honestly the whole thing ranks as one of my better accomplishments.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@davillain- said:

The nicest thing I'm doing and still doing is being a Gentleman. I always hold the door for the lady's, showing respect to others around me, trying to do the best I can if a lady wants to have a seat on the bus if it gets crowded, don't be a jerk (that part comes when your on the we lol) unless you looking for trouble that is. That's probably the nicest things I done in my life, just being a Gentleman.

sounds more like flirting to me.

Well, the nicest thing I have ever done...dunno.... I try to be as nice as I can always. Can't exactly recall the biggest nicest thing I've ever done. Little things I do every day is to give advice (only on matters where I know what I'm saying), give some money to the real needy people (emphasis on some, I'm broke as hell myself) and offer my help to anyone.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I recently bought a tank of gas for a family who were asking for a couple dollars. Didn't look like they had much and I knew that a couple dollars wasn't going to get them where they needed to go and back home.

About three years ago when my wife and I were dating, I paid for her state beautician exam($200). She doesn't like taking money from me, but I told her to either take it or burn it.

Last year, a coworker had a family emergency and had to leave work in a hurry. I turned his papers in for him and undertook the next couple weeks of paperwork he otherwise would have had to do. I told him not to worry about it. He had bigger problems.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

donated peripheral blood stem cells to a cancer patient. basically i had to get some injections a few days before to stimulate my bone marrow to build up more cells. then was hooked up to a machine for a few hours that processed my blood and extracted the stem cells.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#17 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Good to see that there are still nice guys in these forums =D Well done, guys.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Just trying not to be an asshole . this is the best contribution ....

And somehow this :

@davillain- said:

Except the fact that i'd never give my seat to anybody, cuz i'm tired as hell coming from university and seriously can't stand on my feet...

@The_Last_Ride Me too !

@ShepardCommandr Your honesty is admirable ....

@TC , what a fucker that guy was ..some ppl deserve suffering ...but don't let that incident stops u from being nice and stuff , don't be THAT nice tho ...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Gave a homeless guy $10 for lunch today.

Lets hope his lunch was food

Only the other day I paid for a Womens Parking at a multi story car park, she was faffing in her bags saying she'd thought she had money but must have dropped it as she fell earlier. The parking ticket was only £2.50 I just put the money into the machine for her and paid it, paid mine then pissed off.

She was actually speechless, I just done it that fast, not sure if it was an act of kindness or me being inpatient and wanting to use the machine to pay my own parking. I'm sure she was kinda grateful, to be honest I didn't care It was getting late and I wanted to get home.

A couple weeks ago someone hit the back of my car pretty hard, normally this means you will loose your no claims bonus, in the UK pretty much every accident puts the driver behind at fault. Once you loose your no claims bonus on insurance you premium can sky rocket by up to 50%.

Were talking potentially £100s here.

My car is old and tough and I'm not to concerned with its looks, it had a nice dent from the crash. I just said don't worry about it and drove off. Again it was late and I just wanted to go home, the best time to get acts of kindness out of me is when I want to go home lol.

One more recent nice thing I did, I stopped on the hard shoulder of motorway to help a stranger fix their car, I had jump cables to jump start him so he could get off the motorway.

Oh and then there is my Cat Blog

I can be a nice guy sometimes.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Hold the door for people.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@top_lel said:

@davillain- said:

sounds more like flirting to me.

Really, didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I will admit that I can be easily flirted depending on the situation I guess. But anyways, I just want to do what rights.

certifieddata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By certifieddata
Member since 2007 • 46096 Posts

Sold my car dirt cheap to my sister after fixing it up for quite a bit of money, five months later she drove drunk and totaled it. Now I focus on doing nice things for my parents, like taking them on vacation.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23  Edited By neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

A few of the nicer things I've ever done:

1) Old girlfriend (GF) in high school (we had a bad break up - lots of yelling and blah, blah, blah). I got a call from her around 1am a few months after we broke up and we hadn't talked since. She and a friend of hers were a bit drunk at some guys house and she felt scared and she was trying to keep they guys at the little house party from taking advantage of her friend that was pretty drunk....I drove about 20 minutes to the house and meet with her outside, went inside and carried her now really drunk friend out to the car and drove them both to their own homes.

2) Good friend/roommate at the time in college. I was at our house and his GF (who was smoking hot by the way) and her sister, another friend and one of their boyfriends were over. It was Halloween and we were getting ready to dress up and head out to parties. My friend's GF and friends had been drinking and she was pretty drunk already. I told them to start getting ready to leave because we were meeting up with everyone else at this party nearby. I'm upstairs getting my costume on and I hear a knock at the door. I'm in my boxers and t-shirt so I'm decent and I say the door is unlocked and my friend's GF comes in and she's talking about nonsense for the most part, to me. I asked her several times to leave and finish getting ready so we can go - she asked me if that was my costume I was wearing (boxer and t-shirt) and I said, "No, I still have to finish changing."

She walks up to me, says "I'll help you finish." and yanked my boxers down and tried to give me head. I told her that's not what I had in mind for "finishing". I pushed her back and pulled up my boxers and I had to restrain her, pick her up and carry her to her room and I then shut her door and held it shut - she kept trying to open it and telling me I needed help finishing getting ready. I called out for her sister and her sister's boyfriend to come up and handle her. I told my friend about this since we were good friends for years - surprisingly he stayed with her.

3) Same guy's GF from story #2. We're having a house party and my friend isn't back from work yet. His GF is pretty drunk and she's hitting on me and trying to grab me. I eventually get her to stop and she turns her attention to another guy I was friends with - we had to talk her out of hitting on him. She seemed under control and things went along like they should - about 20 minutes later I come walking into the dinning room and she's up on the table dancing and hanging all over some guy I've never seen before. I tell my buddy you grab her down off the table and I'll handle the guy if he tries to make a scene. My buddy yanks our friend's GF down off the table and guy she was dancing with jumps down all pissed - I step between him and my buddy, shoot him a nasty glare and he just turns away and leaves. My buddy and I (took us both) to restrain her and carry up to our friend's room where we, once again shut her in the room and held the door shut until her boyfriend came home. He didn't break up with her after this and this fight between them got nasty and physical - she literally kicked, punched, scratched the crap out him - he never raised a hand to her or struck her back during the whole altercation. After college they moved and I didn't really see them again - I hear they got married and recently had a kid even.....I'm surprised they didn't kill each other.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

I donated $10,000.00 to ISIS.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

When i made freindship with LexLas :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 top_lel

@davillain- said:

Really, didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I will admit that I can be easily flirt depending on the situation I guess. But anyways, I just want to do what rights.

fixed.

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

Gave a homeless guy $200 I was planning to buy hard liqueur with

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 top_lel

@Iszdope said:

I held a fart in on the bus once.

Should of let it go.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@renegadesteve said:

200 $ ???

WOW, you could have given me the money instead, should have returned you with 9 % interest in a month :)

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 top_lel

@Iszdope said:

@top_lel said:

@Iszdope said:

Should of let it go.

But then I'll be one of those people...

the suicide bombers?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 top_lel

@Iszdope said:

@top_lel said:

@Iszdope said:

@top_lel said:

@Iszdope said:

Should of let it go.

But then I'll be one of those people...

the suicide bombers?

Heh. Yeah.

Hate those guys.

hey please, I'm a muslim.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 top_lel

@Iszdope: too late. My kokoro is in peaces.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 top_lel

@Iszdope: the glory hole. Praise it!

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 top_lel

@Iszdope said:

@top_lel said:

@Iszdope: the glory hole. Praise it!

Um, are you allowed to praise that hole?

Dunno. Ask the mods.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 top_lel

@Iszdope said:

@top_lel said:

@Iszdope said:

Um, are you allowed to praise that hole?

Dunno. Ask the mods.

Bugger that.

I'll go with 'no'.

oh pls m8 i wanna praise it!

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 top_lel

@Iszdope: I'm a prince dagnabbit!

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 top_lel

@Iszdope: brofist!

I guess we've derailed this thread enough. It's time to crawl back to our caves .

RenegadeSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RenegadeSteve
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

@indzman said:

@renegadesteve said:

200 $ ???

WOW, you could have given me the money instead, should have returned you with 9 % interest in a month :)

My philosophy or motto if you will has always been never chase money or women because there in abundance, plus I made that back within 2 days later and then some

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#49 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Paid for people's groceries in line when they couldn't afford them... done it a few times.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I did so many nice things to many people for years ... during my nerdy teens and 20's .... aaaaand I stop all that ....... because their un-appreciate attitude on what I've done makes me turn into a devil till today. I dont help people anymore .... they are like vultures ...