what's it like to know that every decision you make is a life or death one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

After just watching Donnie Darko i got to thinking. Every single little decision you make could or could not leadd to your death.

Because the world is a seies of chain reactions where everybody is reacting to everything, you deciding to blow a bubble with your gum could lead to nuclear war.

THink about it....you blow a bubble with your gum, it pops in someones ear who gets so frustrated that he has gum in his ear that he punches you. YOu guys get into a fight(the other guy is black and you are white), people around you think it is a race thing a you end up with a large fight....eventually a gunshot goes off, a white person has shot a lightly colored "black person involed in the fight.

It then occur on the news days later that the dead person is actually a russian spy and the U.S reacts by sending troops to their new"missle defense sytem" on the russian boarder. THe russians then take a drastic step and fire a nuclear missle at the u.s. It is now a nuclear war and World War 3 becaue of you.

That may be a. overzealus example but whatever. A simpler one, YOu trip when walking to class, a mean person sees that and lughs very loud a realizes that it would be funny to see the strange foregn exchange student fall down the stairs. After \he pushes him down, the kid breaks his arm in 5 places and it will never funsction correctly again. Because he is always bullied he comes in after a brief hospital period and shoots the mean kid in the stomach with a 9mm.

What do you think(also thank you to whoever read this entire thing, it was just kind of the thoughts of my last 2 hours and i thought it would make for an interesting discussion)

RPG10080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RPG10080
Member since 2005 • 7075 Posts
Welcome to life :|
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vendettared468

Welcome to life :|RPG10080

come on like u've never over analized anything......

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

I believe you're right in being that the wrong decision is often times fatal. You could overcook a bagel in a toaster and it may catch on fire; applying toppings to the bagel may not be as fatal unless you're using a katana to spread your cream cheese.

It's very interesting how life can go deadly wrong.

And thanks for sharing this discussion. Surely it's better than those other threads in OT.

Avatar image for NicktehImperial
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NicktehImperial
Member since 2007 • 4243 Posts

After just watching Donnie Darko i got to thinking. Every single little decision you make could or could not leadd to your death.

Because the world is a seies of chain reactions where everybody is reacting to everything, you deciding to blow a bubble with your gum could lead to nuclear war.

THink about it....you blow a bubble with your gum, it pops in someones ear who gets so frustrated that he has gum in his ear that he punches you. YOu guys get into a fight(the other guy is black and you are white), people around you think it is a race thing a you end up with a large fight....eventually a gunshot goes off, a white person has shot a lightly colored "black person involed in the fight.

It then occur on the news days later that the dead person is actually a russian spy and the U.S reacts by sending troops to their new"missle defense sytem" on the russian boarder. THe russians then take a drastic step and fire a nuclear missle at the u.s. It is now a nuclear war and World War 3 becaue of you.

That may be a. overzealus example but whatever. A simpler one, YOu trip when walking to class, a mean person sees that and lughs very loud a realizes that it would be funny to see the strange foregn exchange student fall down the stairs. After \he pushes him down, the kid breaks his arm in 5 places and it will never funsction correctly again. Because he is always bullied he comes in after a brief hospital period and shoots the mean kid in the stomach with a 9mm.

What do you think(also thank you to whoever read this entire thing, it was just kind of the thoughts of my last 2 hours and i thought it would make for an interesting discussion)

vendettared468

I think WW3 will be a conventional war, not nuclear because no one has intentions of blowing up everything, like Iran wouldn't dare launch a nuclear missile at Isreal, but if we went to war with them and as they were losing their lst battle the might become desperate but just because we have nuclear weapons doesn't mean WW3 has to be nuclear.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vendettared468
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

NicktehImperial

I think WW3 will be a conventional war, not nuclear because no one has intentions of blowing up everything, like Iran wouldn't dare launch a nuclear missile at Isreal, but if we went to war with them and as they were losing their lst battle the might become desperate but just because we have nuclear weapons doesn't mean WW3 has to be nuclear.

yea you couls be right, it was just an example, i know it was a little overzealus

Avatar image for NicktehImperial
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NicktehImperial
Member since 2007 • 4243 Posts
[QUOTE="NicktehImperial"][QUOTE="vendettared468"]

vendettared468

yea you couls be right, it was just an example, i know it was a little overzealus

No not you just too many people think that just because theres WW3 means it will be nuclear war, like Iran and North Korea don't have the technollogy to nuke us.

Mumbles527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mumbles527
Member since 2004 • 7706 Posts
Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vendettared468

Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.Mumbles527

or they could just not have cought up with you yet....

Brutal_Elitegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
That would be the butterfly effect.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vendettared468

That would be the butterfly effect.Brutal_Elitegs

oh i haven't seen that movie

Mumbles527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mumbles527
Member since 2004 • 7706 Posts

[QUOTE="Mumbles527"]Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.vendettared468

If so, I'll deal with whatever problems I've made for myself when they do catch up with me. Theres no reason to live your life in fear...have fun, deal with the consequences later.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vendettared468
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

[QUOTE="Mumbles527"]Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.Mumbles527

If so, I'll deal with whatever problems I've made for myself when they do catch up with me. Theres no reason to live your life in fear...have fun, deal with the consequences later.

i don't live my life like this.....im just saying

RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#14 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts
Well that's just the way it is.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
You shouldn't lead your life thinking like this...
Avatar image for samtheprankster
samtheprankster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 samtheprankster
Member since 2007 • 2418 Posts
QFT!
Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts

[QUOTE="Mumbles527"]Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.vendettared468

I doubt a small decision like wearing a different pair of socks three years ago is going to get me killed today. Granted everything little thing that happens has a drastic effect on your life, for example. About 2 weeks ago i got a phone call that in a sense changed my future for the next 3 years. Now had i missed that call or my phone was broken or what have you my life would probably be pretty different. So yes i get what you mean,
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vendettared468
[QUOTE="vendettared468"]

[QUOTE="Mumbles527"]Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.Apollo5000

I doubt a small decision like wearing a different pair of socks three years ago is going to get me killed today. Granted everything little thing that happens has a drastic effect on your life, for example. About 2 weeks ago i got a phone call that in a sense changed my future for the next 3 years. Now had i missed that call or my phone was broken or what have you my life would probably be pretty different. So yes i get what you mean,

but what if an origanality freak saw that you had the same pait of socks on as him and spent the last 3 years debating weather or not to kill himself.........alright maybe im going to far but you never know

and good example

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vendettared468
i meant the one that actually haooend to you
MrHoboX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrHoboX
Member since 2004 • 1322 Posts
[QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="vendettared468"]

but what if an origanality freak saw that you had the same pait of socks on as him and spent the last 3 years debating weather or not to kill himself.........alright maybe im going to far but you never know

and good example

A better scenario is maube 3 years ago those socks contained a leathally toxic material.

Apollo5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Apollo5000
Member since 2005 • 18782 Posts
[QUOTE="vendettared468"][QUOTE="Apollo5000"][QUOTE="vendettared468"]

[QUOTE="Mumbles527"]Theres no reason to over think tiny decisions. Do what feels right. If it goes well, good for you...if it goes poorly, deal with it. I think I've made more than my fair share of bad decisions, but I'm not dead yet.MrHoboX

and good example

A better scenario is maube 3 years ago those socks contained a leathally toxic material.

And its that lethal its taken three years to kill me...
suicidalpoptrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 suicidalpoptrt
Member since 2007 • 1570 Posts
No kidding...
TirOrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 TirOrn
Member since 2005 • 1828 Posts

I believe you're right in being that the wrong decision is often times fatal. You could overcook a bagel in a toaster and it may catch on fire; applying toppings to the bagel may not be as fatal unless you're using a katana to spread your cream cheese.

It's very interesting how life can go deadly wrong.

And thanks for sharing this discussion. Surely it's better than those other threads in OT.

Cyrax-Sektor

That's a valid point... Life does these kind of things to us... It's mocking.