What will it take to convince people the Illuminati or NWO or whatever is crap?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

I see my coworker always posting things on facebook. Recently, it is about how those trails you see behind airplanes are chemicals used to control us.

My question is, don't you think that any evidence, even cold hard proof, we could throw at these people would just be shrugged off as a cover up attempt?

And how are these people convinced in the first place? 

#2 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
And how are these people convinced in the first place?IronBeaver
People will believe anything if you present some flimsy "evidence" on a youtube video with creepy music backing it.
#3 Posted by JohnF111 (14092 posts) -
People like to believe the worst of government or organisations. Just let the fool get on with it, don't waste time on those people.
#4 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3477 posts) -

Reaching age 15 seems to do the trick for most.

#5 Posted by IronBeaver (1986 posts) -

DaJuicyMan

This guy is in his late 20s and a father of 2.

#6 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Chemtrails could be (dis)proven, I suppose. Never really read into that or know the full details. Second you have to understand that "IlluminatI", today, is mostly used colloquially as an umbrella term for a group of powerful men (elites if you will) who plan something together. That's not something that can be attacked with your "cold hard proof" considering how broad that idea is and how different the proponents of that idea are. Would be easier if any mention of "Illuminati" was directly referencing Adam Weishaupt's 1776 Bavarian circle jerk though, but that is not the case. Same generally goes for "NWO". Stripped down to just the acronym's meaning, New World Order, it is something that is certainly unfolding before our very eyes. Look at the EU and its increasing push for a global government. Look at more and more European nation states giving up sovereignty to Brussels, look at our so called European leaders kneeling down for the unchosen, unelected and unwanted EU suits and ties. Or look at the global influence corporations have. Look at how the Eurozone is basically controlled by a single company. How politicians are bought and paid for. The above is nothing that concretely proves any of this, of course. But to dismiss everybody who sees signs of a current globalist or "new world order" agenda as a fringe lunatic is intellectually dishonest. It would be a lot more honest to not lump every alternative theory together. I understand it's very easy and tempting to connect somebody who, say, doubts the JFK story to people who believe in extra-dimensional reptilians and 2Pac being alive. It's certainly efficient, but does not show much integrity.
#7 Posted by Abbeten (2869 posts) -
If 'New World Order' simply refers to the fact that the political landscape is changing, then it ceases to become a useful term because that is a never ending process
#8 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
If 'New World Order' simply refers to the fact that the political landscape is changing, then it ceases to become a useful term because that is a never ending processAbbeten
Well, specifically changing into a more global government.
#9 Posted by Abbeten (2869 posts) -
[QUOTE="Abbeten"]If 'New World Order' simply refers to the fact that the political landscape is changing, then it ceases to become a useful term because that is a never ending processMrPraline

which is basically inevitable given an increasingly globalized economy
#10 Posted by signzoe (50 posts) -

The Illuminati (lack of a better term ''secret societies'') is real but what they are has been taking way out of context.

#11 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Abbeten"]If 'New World Order' simply refers to the fact that the political landscape is changing, then it ceases to become a useful term because that is a never ending processAbbeten

Exactly, hence why it's so silly to automatically dismiss all people who can see a so called "new world order" or global government happening as fringe lunatics.
#12 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
[QUOTE="IronBeaver"]And how are these people convinced in the first place?JML897
People will believe anything if you present some flimsy "evidence" on a youtube video with creepy music backing it.

If my brother's to go by, it's peer pressure.
#13 Posted by SUD123456 (4446 posts) -

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Well, specifically changing into a more global government. MrPraline

Exactly, hence why it's so silly to automatically dismiss all people who can see a so called "new world order" or global government happening as fringe lunatics.

It isn't hard to discern the lunatic fringe.  

#14 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

The Illuminati does exist though.

#15 Posted by Abbeten (2869 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Well, specifically changing into a more global government.

no it's pretty silly because 'new world order' tends to reference explicit and calculated human motive to what is a collection of impersonal workings of political and market forces
#16 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -

Necrifer
This. TC doesn't know what he's talking about.
#17 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1729 posts) -

Ever stop to think that maybe he was f*cking with you?

#18 Posted by LeBump (88 posts) -

They dont really believe it, the act like they do so people can pay attention to them.

#19 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

But its not though, they are truely real, what is going to take to convince you guys they are very real? The illuminati practicly stuffs their symbolisum in mainstream music, games, and movies.

#20 Posted by thegerg (15098 posts) -
It depends on the person and which "whatever" it is.
#21 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3817 posts) -

Necrifer

I think you mean lizardmen.

#22 Posted by CountBleck12 (22790 posts) -

Necrifer
#23 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -
I've refused indoctrination for years... they're real buddy trust me...
#24 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
Chemtrails are BS. Illuminati is/was a real organization but it isn't some hyper powerful group bent on world domination.
#25 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29207 posts) -
Chemtrails are BS. Illuminati is/was a real organization but it isn't some hyper powerful group bent on world domination. Ace6301
That's what they want you to think.
#26 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29207 posts) -
I've never heard the Illuminati deny that they're a hyper powerful group bent on world domination, have you? Check and mate
#27 Posted by Obviously_Right (5093 posts) -

[QUOTE="DaJuicyMan"]

IronBeaver

This guy is in his late 20s and a father of 2.

Gotta feel sorry for dem Kids.

#28 Posted by C_Rule (9741 posts) -
Does anyone outside of America believe this nonsense?
#29 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]I've never heard the Illuminati deny that they're a hyper powerful group bent on world domination, have you? Check and mate

Sure we have.
#30 Posted by Nuck81 (5847 posts) -

Necrifer

.The_Crab_People.png

#31 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

The Illuminati?

Maybe they do exist...

#32 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
all this talk of Illuminati ain't got a clue about me BlTCH i'm Trill-Maluminati and got my crew behind me
#33 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18411 posts) -
Sounds like you can have a good laugh at every update he does. I need a facebook friend like that.
#34 Posted by Abbeten (2869 posts) -
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]all this talk of Illuminati ain't got a clue about me BlTCH i'm Trill-Maluminati and got my crew behind me

good album dunno if its better than his mixtape tho
#35 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

The illuminati does exist but I am not so sure they are the Satanic cult most conspiracy theorist make them out to be. The New World Order is real but again I am not so sure it is the evil order the conspiracy theorist make it out to be. Some of the things they do are wrong but sometimes you have to do bad things to help a greater cause. Having one world government, one world religion, a new world order where everyone is equal does not sound like a bad thing to me.

I think chemtrails are used for nothing more then weather munipulation. 

#36 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Chemtrails are BS. Illuminati is/was a real organization but it isn't some hyper powerful group bent on world domination. chessmaster1989

It's not about world domination. It's about us becoming one as a society.
#37 Posted by JasonGriffee (201 posts) -

But its not though, they are truely real, what is going to take to convince you guys they are very real? The illuminati practicly stuffs their symbolisum in mainstream music, games, and movies.

ultimate-k
And that can be proven. If there was just a few mentions, you could brush it off. But when they spew it all over the place, it becomes a bit harder.
#38 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Ace6301"]Chemtrails are BS. Illuminati is/was a real organization but it isn't some hyper powerful group bent on world domination. -Renegade

It's not about world domination. It's about us becoming one as a society.

We talking one big happy country or instrumentality here. Because I'm fine with one but I don't like orange juice that much.
#39 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]all this talk of Illuminati ain't got a clue about me BlTCH i'm Trill-Maluminati and got my crew behind me

good album dunno if its better than his mixtape tho

yeah, there are some really great songs from both which makes it pretty hard to choose between the two. but i definitely think that no contemporary rapper can match ASAP right now.
#40 Posted by double_decker (145822 posts) -
Actual proof would be a good start....
#41 Posted by wis3boi (31300 posts) -

A rational skeptical mind is required, but may or may not be obtainable to all people

#42 Posted by Michael9087 (30 posts) -
They exist. Just look at the music industry.
#43 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

just show them about the search statistics that it appears after 2009 which is coincidentally the time frame of assassin's creed 2 that is the likely source of this madness.

#44 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

Necrifer

*did exist

#45 Posted by lamprey263 (23620 posts) -
tell your coworker that plan to use chemtrails got put to rest at the last Bilderberg meeting, instead their pushing the homosexual agenda, to make everyone gay in their attempt to decrease the world population by 90%
#46 Posted by MetalDogGear (806 posts) -

What's NWO?

Ni* With Otters?

*reference to N.W.A*

#47 Posted by layton2012 (3653 posts) -
People belived the 2012 apocalypse was real for years, some people just can't be convinced of what is obvious to most people.
#48 Posted by quidy123 (116 posts) -

both the illuminati and nwo are real. its a fact that there was a group formed from the free masons called the illuminati, whether there about today is a different story. also the nwo is just what will happen when nations accross the world join together to create that nwo. i do think the majority of conspiracy stuff is bull **** though

#49 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="IronBeaver"]And how are these people convinced in the first place?JML897

REQUIM FOR A DREAM

#50 Posted by o0squishy0o (2754 posts) -

A group of powerful people who rule over us and make us do certain things? well that just sounds like everyday life. I think the "illuminatti" has got some weird social standing with people because its apperently formed and run by people like Jay Z. For sure Mr Z is very rich compared to some people, but he is also incredibly poor to the billionares in the world. He has some "media" influence because of his stature and how interested we are in his life etc, but with real world influnece, I honestly doubt he has any power.

For example, if he said "Man, I really think we should force everyone to wear red hats on a friday", that would never happen by his own financial or political force. However if he tweeted, "YO, realezt deal. #redhatfriday", alot of his "followers" would wear red hats.

The reason why people start to be all conspiracy'ists :P is that they think its weird for people to act like sheep. Its not. Think about how hard it is to try and actually break away  from the "system". This is the same system that goes back thousands of years. Its our natural being to follow others who we assume to have some power or importance. Its not that they are controlling us, its simply, we follow them.