RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

We all have different lives when we were in high school. Some say high school is the best part of their life. Others say it's the other way around.

pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

I basically just went to school and came home. I didn't party, etc. I was voted most quietest in my entire class. Now, I'm outgoing and going out just about every weekend.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

For the most part boring, uneventful and lonely. I made a good friend as soon as I entered high-school but after a couple of years he moved out of the city. After that there were one or two guys I would hang out with on breaks but they were not people I considered friends or kept in touch with outside of school hours. So I pretty much spent all my free time at home watching tv or playing video games. There were some girls that I liked at school and they seemed to like my back but I was too shy to do anything or even talk to them. I literally have lost contact with everyone I knew back then.

I think that social seclusion during my teenage years had an impact on me being a little socially awkward and inept now and I'm 24. But I did make some great friends in university so that's something.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Out of shape, lazy(playing video games not studying) and antisocial with only two or three friends. Basically the opposite of what I am 10 years later.

Wish I could redo it.

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

It was the best time of my life, so far, but in a different sense. It was best because it was the most formative. Factually, it was disastrous. Never before had I fallen so below in pretty much every area of my life. My grades suffered, my health suffered, pretty much everything suffered. In the truancy I slipped into, I learned a lot. And that's going to stick with me for the rest of my life. I'd say I'm pretty thankful my high school life happened the way it did.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18831 Posts

@fueled-system: "Basically the opposite of what I am 10 years later."

@pero2008: "Now, I'm outgoing and going out just about every weekend."

How those 180s° happened? =(

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

miserable hell

no friends,no social life,poor grades,nothing.I wanted to kill myself every day and the only reason i didn't do it was because of video games.

Nothing has changed ever since.If anything i am even worse now as i rarely(if ever) leave the basement.When my parents die i'll kill myself.

leafs_ducks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 leafs_ducks
Member since 2005 • 2881 Posts

i wouldn't say high school was the best years of my life, but it wasn't all that bad.

No responsibilities, no bills, no rent.

I was a pretty quiet guy, but i had alot of friends.
I was in the chess club, sports, track & field.

I spend the majority of my time either playing sports or video games.

Back when i was in HS, Counter-strike was the $hit.
The internet cafe was always packed and all you heard was 'head shot' & 'on a killing spree' lol

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

The dark ages of my life. Seems I had it opposite from some of the users here. I was definitely a bonafide ambivert walking into High School (Leaning a tad bit to the introvert part of the spectrum but I was outgoing and held my own in just about any conversation). Annnnd High School pretty much took that away from me.

I'd compare my High School years to probably serving time in general population: from day 1 you were fresh meat that people wanted to pick on, you had to constantly watch your back making sure you don't get shanked or jumped by a bunch of goons that mistake you for riding with any of the present rival gangs, being wary of "friendly" folks who would offer you a handshake with one hand then stab you in back with the other, and having bouts of solitary confinement (going home). I just couldn't fit in. To minimize trouble, there were times where I would go the entire school day saying no more than 10 words or less. That only worked for so long though since instead of people thinking "Well, this guy doesn't seem like he want to be bother. Let's leave him alone" they must think "Hmmm, that guy seems awfully quiet. Let's go **** with him"...

So I was basically that happy go lucky guy with my head held high and smile on my face walking into High School after hearing all the stories about how high School years are suppose to be the best years in your life. Instead, I walked out a true introvert with my head down, a nasty scowl look on my face, and deep mental scars that I'm still trying to recuperate from nearly 10 years later. My time in High School has pretty much turned me into a god damn hermit. I still try to interact with people in an attempt to return to how I once was but I don't see it happening. High School has done its job well of robbing me of my desire to want to socialize with anyone....

Edit: As far as personal life goes, I laid low. Pretty much playing video games and hanging out with my cousins...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Mediocre.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I was a nervous wreck back then, just like I am nowadays. I was a decent student though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8473 Posts

They were the years where I really started to come out of my shell and push myself out of various comfort zones including social anxieties that I had when I was younger. Before high school I was very insecure and didn't have many friends at all and high school was the start of my blossom.

I look back and in some ways I see what was a socially awkward kid but I also see how thankful I am that I challenged myself to grow into the person I am now.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Dull I literally stopped caring. I did not feel stimulated to learn. I was learning the same shit every year I read Macbeth three fucking times. College was better, tutors actually interacted with the class and didn't talk down to you like school teachers do.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14830 Posts

I enjoyed it. I was quiet, not popular, but I got along with everyone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58533 Posts

Band in the morning, classes during the day, football after school, home after that.

Would drive around, smoke with my "friends"; heavy use of quotation marks because these guys never genuinely treated me well, and I sort of distanced myself from my childhood friends when transitioning from middle to high school.

We were losers, so we never really got invited any where, like any parties or anything. Not often, at least.

High school didn't suck, but I don't look back on it fondly. I'm not a good student and my parents were hard on me, completely surprised I got into a good college, happy I did.

Never. Going. To School. AGAIN!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Very depressing. I had very fond years in middle school but depression crept on me. So depressing in fact, I ended up dropping out of school during my senior year. I went from having a 3.7 GPA to a 1.5.

I isolated myself, I ditched school a lot, always came late to class, and would sometimes leave early because of anxiety and lack of motivation. No one at school made me miserable, I myself was just in a really dark place at the time.

I'm a lot better now but those were some crucial years that I missed out on, and that has stunted my growth as an adult. I could have easily gotten accepted to a good school had I not been so depressed with a miserable childhood.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Both a jock and a nerd. I was in the HS varsity soccer team from my sophomore year until I graduated HS. Plus, I also excelled in academics. I had a social life although the strange thing was, I preferred to be a lone wolf.

I loved scale models. So, the predominant folks I was with were similar hobbyists. We discussed military hardware all the time in addition to the above. Strangely enough, it was academics that exposed me the most to girls.

Academics weren't my best traits. But, my parents made sure I did my best and I thank them for it.

My mom also encouraged me to have friends. She especially loved it when I brought friends over. She'd cook a feast just for them.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@johnd13 said:

For the most part boring, uneventful and lonely. I made a good friend as soon as I entered high-school but after a couple of years he moved out of the city. After that there were one or two guys I would hang out with on breaks but they were not people I considered friends or kept in touch with outside of school hours. So I pretty much spent all my free time at home watching tv or playing video games. There were some girls that I liked at school and they seemed to like my back but I was too shy to do anything or even talk to them. I literally have lost contact with everyone I knew back then.

I think that social seclusion during my teenage years had an impact on me being a little socially awkward and inept now and I'm 24. But I did make some great friends in university so that's something.

Holy shit I'm 24 and your experience is almost identical to mine. I had a few friends in school but never hung out with them outside of it. I was in special ed, socially awkward, had crushes but too shy and awkward to talk to them, played video games, and have no contact with anyone to this day.

I'm still a loner gamer too.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSP107

@gamerguru100:

You two should of just played sports.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

@gamerguru100: Well it's never too late to meet some like minded individuals that you may consider friends. When I entered university I was keen on making a fresh start and I kinda did. My romantic life remained the same lol but I did make and still retain a small group of good friends, with whom I have common interests such as video games, anime, movies etc. I still kinda feel a loner at heart but having a few friends actually feels good so it's something worth pursuing.

@PSP107: There weren't any organized activities or clubs in my school. Sports games were taking place either in gym class or free hours and to participate you either had to be good enough or likable. I wasn't bad but I wasn't as good as most of the others in sports, and I was too quiet to the point that most of the other students were just indifferent to me.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@fueled-system: "Basically the opposite of what I am 10 years later."

@pero2008: "Now, I'm outgoing and going out just about every weekend."

How those 180s° happened? =(

I started bodybuilding a couple years ago and taking care of myself. Got my confidence up and my body in shape and I decided to live my life and to have fun. Wish I did it sooner but deciding one day to go to the gym was the best decision I ever made.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@ShepardCommandr: Did I write this?. Apart from killing my same here. I just want something good to happen. Although I live in a bed room not basement but never leave unless I go to bookies. (betting shop) That most I do. Like you not got anything friends when I was in school or even now. Funny enough though I have a lot on facebook who I never even talked at scool. A couple who use to bully me wanted to becomes friends on it but I declined in anger straight away. But never wanted to kill my self over it and even now I don't I just want a better life. As said in another topic like this games saved me from been board out of my mind. But even games are doing my head in now. Think that is a lot of OCD in dying in games though. lol

I would hate it even more if I was in school today with how social media is. My brother kid just turned 13 and she asked me what I would do if I was that aged again. I did say jokingly that I would kill my self knowing what I no now. lol.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127532 Posts

Both great and awful. As in your typical HS life can be. Made some friends I do not keep in touch with. First GF, first breakup.

When HS ended I was for the first time in my life experiencing a complete lack of direction in my life. "Where to now, huh?"

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#25 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6114 Posts

High school was hard.Bullied at school,bullied at home.Had a hard life with abusive brothers and very little amount of people talking to me at school,unless it was verbally abusive or physical.Mental scares today that I have not healed today.I hold a steady job today and am happy I have the job that I have.Very bitter about the past.Right now my mom has lung cancer and is in stage 4.Don't know what my future holds?Got nobody else after her.I'm worried.I hope God puts me on the right path.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Gran Turismo 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Age of Empires II and StarCraft. Band trips, scantily clad teenage girls, hacky sack and hormones.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PSP107

@fueled-system:"I started bodybuilding a couple years ago and taking care of myself. Got my confidence up and my body in shape and I decided to live my life and to have fun. Wish I did it sooner but deciding one day to go to the gym was the best decision I ever made."

Did you do all that to impress others or just for you.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

When I'm looking at the 40 candles that will be on my birthday cake this year, I can only say this; I want to go back. I'll take those growing pains anyday to be young again.

Oh my life was hell in high school , not because of high school itself but because I was till too young to realize what was life was about.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RockField

@ShepardCommandr: Have you ever thought of leaving the basement and move to an apartment and be independent?

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RockField

About my high school life, it's a mixture of good times and bad times. I also made friends in high school but I have a bestfriend but after 2 or 3 years, he went to another state so in order not to be sad, I had to make friends but at least, I don't forget my bestfriend but now, we rarely talk on Facebook.

Sometimes, I'm socially awkward to the girls.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@rockfield: I prefer talking to females these days. When I use to work at first there where 2 males and 3 females but the last 2 year I was there it was just me and 2 females who I got along more then the 2 males who worked there. Any way after a year one said don't you find it strange just talking to girls all time?. I just said no not really. One day though they where on about having a hand manicure and having finger nails and that done. I started to look at my nails and one said. We really do need to find you a man to work here. lol. But that sounded too gay for me lol.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@rockfield said:

We all have different lives when we were in high school. Some say high school is the best part of their life. Others say it's the other way around.

Best part of life, nope. I guess because you have no bills, and you can have fun. But to each his own. And i was a bad ass in high school, lots of chicks, and cut like a guy from 300. Although, i think the best part of my life is now, good job, family, own a home, and lots of cars to play with, and any videogame i dam want. I can't say i had it that good in high school.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38696 Posts

did very well both academically and athletically so my social circle pretty much straddled those two worlds.. i didn't have a ton of friends but was happy with the ones i did. at the time it was overwhelming to be busy w/ school and sports and work all at once but looking back it wasn't that bad. so much better to be an adult now though :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

People that got really close to me from high school up to university doubt me. All I heard was don't do this, that is impossible, you should be punished, be more like me, etc. They won't like my wreckless self graduating before them this Saturday.

bardockdiaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bardockdiaper
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts

@leafs_ducks said:

i wouldn't say high school was the best years of my life.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It was fun, enjoyed it very much, I was a nerd but a popular one, had lots of "friends" .

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Didn't paticaully like it, wasn't exactly hell either.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I was also lucky to have parents who cared. I had my share of responsibilities. But, they were mostly chores. It wasn't like I had to eke out a living just so I can have a next meal.

I didn't have much to worry about which is why I have good memories of HS.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Had its highs and lows. Got to have many cool experiences on multiple field trips. Whereas in junior high, my only field trip was the senior trip. To a crowded place I went in elementary school. Wouldn't do HS over again for sure.

I really wasn't that social early on. Years of just going to school and back home with hardly any interests outside of video games; made socializing hard. Also tried too hard to be friends with people who really didn't care about me. But made changes before it was too late so I can be around my real friends. While also searching for the kind of identity I was as a person. And unfortunately administration wise, my high school took a real bad turn for the worst after my 2nd year. There was so much dysfunction and teachers leaving left and right. That I just wanted to get out of there and move on to college. Even though I knew the last month's, was the only time I can be constantly around my friends. Before life took us in different directions.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Mixed feelings.

Those were the days of 2006-2010. When I wasn't studying hard, working on homework, practicing in Cross Country and Track or going to meets, then I was home doing the homework/studying or playing the hell out of my favorite three at the time: Oblivion, F.E.A.R., and TF2.

I was always picked on by a few guys on the CC team because I wasn't very funny so my jokes didn't work. But many of them were my best buds as outside of that team I really had no one. I loved their funny banter, always crackin' jokes, sarcastic remarks, gossiping as we did our usual 45-hour long runs after school. Those practices really made high school the best time of my life (even though I had some bad memories I would rather not share even on a forum). Eventually I got better through the years with my jokes and in my running and made Varsity for the last few races. I was so proud of myself and I loved my band of runners that would consistently roll out the South Park-humor jokes but would also be serious and really good at the sport.

I never had a girlfriend (until last year), but my running teammates really make me miss those days sooooo bad.

Now it is trying my fucking hardest to find a decent-paying job even when I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Mgmt and a certificate in IT Networking. It is sooooooo fucking hard to get a job. I can't believe it. It's bullshit sometimes. Right now I'm working 2 part-time jobs (one that will end soon) and I still live with my folks. Unbelievable.

So in contrast to that, yes, high school was wayyyyy better because at least the bullshit of finding a good job wasn't hanging over like a dark cloud back then as it is now every day of the week.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 297

#41 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2987 Posts

High school was dope. I had more energy back then. My group of friends played GameCube all the time. I wish I could relive those days.

Avatar image for smearygoose1768
SmearyGoose1768

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SmearyGoose1768
Member since 2016 • 297 Posts

I liked it. I was shy and socially anxious to do much anything but when I got my balls(alchohol) it was fantastic. Tons of girls I passed up the chance or opportunity because of social anxiety disorder. If I didn't have social anxiety like I did back then it would be one of the most exciting and fun things to do. I'm 26 now and I have been worse ever since high school because I rejected society and socially isolated myself for many years(and still am) But I am going to college this Summer and hope to turn things around.

Hallumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Hallumi
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

I was always socially anxious, so in high school I had no friends. I remember hating it because I didn't have much motivation to go to school and people were rude to me sometimes. In spite of that, I kind of miss it, because back then I had something to do. I still wish I had a better high school experience though.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I liked it. Lots of life lessons, wish I could change some things but overall it was lots of fun. I do know I wouldn't want to be in HS now, we would have drove someone to kill themselves, no self control.