What was your first date like?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

What was your first date like? (You can use the guide below).

• How old were?
  • Who'd you go with? (Names are not necessary)
  • How did you feel about them? How did YOU feel?
  • Where did you go?
  • What did you do?
  • What did you talk about?
  • Anything you wish went better?
  • How did you feel afterward?
  • Please share all the details :D

The reason I'm asking is because I'm 17 and I have never been on a date. I kinda want to hear realistic stories from people I am somewhat familiar with.

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I was 15
I started a new school and she was a pretty popular girl called Becky.
I felt really lucky. I had just started this new school and put quite a lot of effort into my appearance and promised myself to be more confident and to be how i wanted to be not how i wanted other people to perceive me. As it happened she liked that. I felt very close to her for a long time.

We went to the cinema although i forget the film.
I took her for lunch afterwards and we sat in a park under a tree and listened to her Ipod and talked about what music we both liked. Because I lived a long way away in London she had a lot of questions about what it was like and what was different. She was very inquisitive which meant conversation was never awkward. She also liked it when I made fun of her which I love. Its been something I looked for in women ever since. Banter, sense of humour, not taking life too seriously.

It couldnt have gone better, it was just a really nice day. Afterwards I didnt want it to end, we kissed then I had a very long train journey home, which I spent in a strange state of being really happy but also quite miserable.

In terms of advice dude....just be as outgoing and confident as you can, be yourself. Be assertive too.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

19 , took her to a to a amusement park as she insisted visiting there, my cousin brother was with us also as he was staying with us around that time. good ol times :)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Well my first real girlfriend wasn't till my senior year. It was prom. I had talked to her at school and on Aol instant messager, it was very popular back in late 90s lol. We also had hung out but as friends with other friends a little before then.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Never been on a date.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I don't remember my first date, but I remember A date that was amongst my first so I'll use that one:

• I was probably early 20's
  • It was me and her only
  • I felt okay about it, she seemed nice at first. I was aware that she was a recovering heroin addict (yes, that's right) and was going to NA in the 12-step program at the time
  • I believe we went to an Applebee's or similar and then came back to her house (she lived with her mom) and watched a movie. I remember the movie, 'Flatliners' because it had significance to her that I found out after the date.
  • We talked about normal stuff - where she grew up, where she went to school, her family, etc.
  • I don't think it could've went any better than it did. She was a weird chick.
  • Getting back to the Flatliners reference...when we got back to her house, she asked what movie I wanted to watch and that's what I chose. Now if you've never seen the movie, this won't make much sense, but in the film, the one kid keeps having this flashback about his dad in the bathroom and you don't know what the dad is doing until the end of the movie...turns out the dad was shooting heroin. So, yeah, I felt like an ass, wanting to watch this movie and here's a recovering addict I'm on a date with and this happens.

Anyways, the weirdest thing about this chick was this "guy" she was "friends" with. I remember when we got back to her house, before we watched the movie, she called this "guy" and was checking in with him about how the date was going. I thought that was really odd, considering he wasn't family or anything. In fact, I don't know what his relation to her was.

After that date, I only talked to her once more. She called me from Chi-Chi's (Mexican restaurant) saying how she was getting wasted with this "guy"....at that point I knew she was bad news (she wasn't even old enough to drink yet either).

Obviously, my example is atypical of a normal first date. lol But, it did make for some good entertainment!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Wish I could remember. It's been over five years now and I've had many substantially better dates since then (with the same woman).

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I was in 6th grade, so I was probably 12, and we went to a movie (I think it was Batteries not Included). I don't remember the movie, we made out the whole time.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

• I was 19.
  • A girl I sat next to in class.
  • She was a little odd but fun, I was typically excited.
  • She took me to a Samurai film festival to see 'Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo'.
  • We watched the film and talked about other Zatoichi films n' such.
  • The film and class and various things I can't remember.
  • Not really.
  • Excited as I'm not really a dater.
  • Not really much to share that I haven't already mentioned except we made out afterwards but it never really developed into anything serious...which was probably for the best and soon afterwards she transferred to a school in Hawaii (we were in CA at the time).
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn

@foxhound_fox: ouch. Don't let her know you can't remember lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

You mean romantic date, or just going out with a girl? I've gotten used to go out with lots of girls since I was 12, most of my friends were/are girls and I'd normally go out with one of them every week but never saw it as a date, just friends going out and having fun. The first romantic date I went to was with the girl who later became my wife.

• How old were? 26 (what can I say? I'm picky with relationships)
  • Who'd you go with? (Names are not necessary) Just me and her
  • How did you feel about them? How did YOU feel? Felt great to finally be able to go on a proper date with her; we lived in different countries so it was really special to be able to spend the day with her without stressing about other stuff.
  • Where did you go? I showed her the city I grew up in. Some museums, some castles, cable car ride across the river, a movie, etc.
  • What did you do? Read above
  • What did you talk about? After the first hour of "Can't believe you're finally here!" (we had been planning those vacations for 6 months) it just turned into normal conversation and lots of cuddly moments :p
  • Anything you wish went better? Nope, everything was absolutely perfect.
  • How did you feel afterward? Very happy; that first date consolidated a lot of things for us.
  • Please share all the details :D Details? On Gamespot? With the weirdos that roam in OT? Are you nuts?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@foxhound_fox: ouch. Don't let her know you can't remember lol.

She can't remember either. We saw each other every day for the first several months of our relationship.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38668 Posts
  • 7th grade so probably 13 at the time
  • it was a double-date thing w/ my friend and 2 girls
  • i really liked the girl at the time but she didn't like me all that much
  • we just went to the mall to hang out and get lunch
  • hung around the mall for a while ( that's what kids did in the suburbs ) grabbed lunch @ the food court
  • i don't remember what we talked about.. it was a long ass time ago
  • in the short run it would have been cool if she liked me more at the time
  • disappointed
  • sorry, no juicy details
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@foxhound_fox: we were together 4 out of 7 days a week first few months. Then we moved in together. She still gives me a quiz on what we did and what she was wearing at the time lol. I was there so much at her dorm they kicked me out a few times cause u were only aloud to stay so much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@AutoPilotOn: Did you get the questions right? Between me and my wife I'm the one who remembers all the dates, all the places and all the conversations.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@korvus: oh yea she had on a tight green corset. She wore in purpose to get my attention it worked lol. I brought her flowers. Waited outside in snow at wrong door to her dorm when I could of waited in lobby. We saw a movie a theater her sister worked at so I met her and both had chicken tenders at longhorn steakhouse lol. This was jan 2008.

Oh the movie was Juno.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
@indzman said:

19 , took her to a to a amusement park as she insisted visiting there, my cousin brother was with us also as he was staying with us around that time. good ol times :)

You hit that?;)

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I'm yet to go on an actual date. Here, I said it.

I have been involved "with" someone a couple of times in the past few years and the opposite party was aware of it at the time and on board over the span of the relationship though. Both instances were just fucked up, they rendered me emotionally handicapped and romantically impotent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@AutoPilotOn: Well done! Proud of you =P It's little things like those that gets you points in a relationship...it gives me a good advantage XD

Actually it was funny; last week my wife was meeting with a big group of (female) friends, and I only knew one or 2 of them so we were being introduced and one of them shook my hand and said her name, so I said "Weren't you in (insert place name here) last year in October?" and she said "Yeah, I was....how did you know?" and I replied "I saw you perform, you were wearing a really cute white dress" *huge collective shocked gasp* and a bunch of them were saying to my wife "Holy crap, he remembered what she was wearing!!! I didn't know men could do that!!!" so obviously my wife decided to brag about me, saying I always pay attention when she gets new clothes, earring, hair style, etc. I became an instant success with the whole group XD

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GazaAli

@korvus said:

Between me and my wife I'm the one who remembers all the dates, all the places and all the conversations.

Would you say that you sometimes feel as if your wife has amnesia/dementia as far as names, past events and conversations are concerned? If yes then how does that make you feel and what is the cause of it?

Sorry if I'm being presumptuous here, feel free to ignore the post in case I'm intruding.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

Never been on a date.

Not even a "friends hanging out" kind of date, let alone a romantic date.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli: Nah, I'll let you know if you ever offend me; it hasn't happened yet =D

Maybe I made it sound worse than it is. She remembers birthdays, anniversaries, etc etc but I remember a lot more things. I remember places, clothes, conversation topics, etc. Like last month, she said "I wanted to buy Debby a pair of earrings for her birthday and she said she likes to match her earrings to her eye colour but I never really payed attention to her eye colour" and I just automatically said "amber but they look greenish in sunlight" and she looks at me like "How the hell...?"

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AutoPilotOn

@korvus: eye colors are something I can't remember. We were at her cousins wedding. It was all fancy and proper. But had open bar so I was flat out wasted lol. The song Brown eyed girl played she asked me her eye color during the song for some reason and of course I just said brown.. Wrong green. I also picked her up on dance floor and accidentally pulled back if her dress up to show all the guests her underwear lol.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GazaAli

@korvus said:

@GazaAli: Nah, I'll let you know if you ever offend me; it hasn't happened yet =D

Maybe I made it sound worse than it is. She remembers birthdays, anniversaries, etc etc but I remember a lot more things. I remember places, clothes, conversation topics, etc. Like last month, she said "I wanted to buy Debby a pair of earrings for her birthday and she said she likes to match her earrings to her eye colour but I never really payed attention to her eye colour" and I just automatically said "amber but they look greenish in sunlight" and she looks at me like "How the hell...?"

I see rofl. I ask this because I myself have a terrible memory when it comes to such trivialities and minuscule details *blushes*

For some reason, it feels as if my memory has this hole at the bottom that lets most names, marginal past events and conversations and general details just fall through freely -_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@AutoPilotOn: Well...at least it's a story worth telling, right? =p I don't drink, so if I mess up something like that I'm screwed XD

@GazaAli: Don't worry, it's not any better to have your head full of mostly insignificant and useless details. Then maybe if you wife tells you to remind her of something the next day you actually will be able to; sometimes I forget...but if she needs somebody's eye or shoe colour I can tell her! hehe

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AutoPilotOn

@korvus: I don't drink much but it was open bar with a bunch of people I didn't know in Indianapolis so what better way to meet her cousins and other relatives than completely wasted

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@behardy24 said:

What was your first date like? (You can use the guide below).

• How old were?
  • Who'd you go with? (Names are not necessary)
  • How did you feel about them? How did YOU feel?
  • Where did you go?
  • What did you do?
  • What did you talk about?
  • Anything you wish went better?
  • How did you feel afterward?
  • Please share all the details :D

The reason I'm asking is because I'm 17 and I have never been on a date. I kinda want to hear realistic stories from people I am somewhat familiar with.

Thanks for the responses in advance!

Not sure if it even was a date ,but ,well,that's all there is.I went up to her and asked her out for a coffee , she rejected furiously, implicitly telling me to go away.

• 20 years and 1 month and 20 days old.
  • It would be me and her alone.I'd really like to mention her name ,it's Mina.(Hey Mina ,in case you're reading this ,it's me Erfan ! oh baby girl... )
  • Can't articulate.
  • Took the train back home.It was beginning to snow as I left.
  • You don't wanna know.
  • Yeah.That's anyone's guess.
  • Despaired.Failed.
  • If you want more details just ask.
plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I was 14 years old. She was 14 as well.

We went to the movies together. My step father drove me to her house to pick her up. I brought her flowers.

I was nervous and so was she.

We talked quit a bit about our own interests.

Nothing went wrong so overall I'd say mission accomplished.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Never been on a date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

It actually went pretty well. I acted cool and smooth. The 2nd date though, it was rather awkward cause I didnt had any conversation left in me. Plenty of awkward silences. I managed to kiss the girl at the end of the night but it didnt went any further than that.

To answer your questions:

• How old were? 22 I think
  • Who'd you go with? (Names are not necessary) With an Hungarian chick
  • How did you feel about them? How did YOU feel? A mix of slightly happy and confident
  • Where did you go? A cafe/bar
  • What did you do? only talk and drank two beers
  • What did you talk about? studies, projects, future, past, family, hobbies, music, etc, etc
  • Anything you wish went better? Yes, that I banged her and get over with it
  • How did you feel afterward? happy and confident
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@ShepardCommandr said: