What shoes do you wear?

  • 148 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#101 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Pirate700: It was obviously implied that I meant their original use. Jesus...it's like talking to my grandma.

No, it wasn't obvious. What you posted was "[a]thletic shoes are not meant to look 'good'." Your use of the word "are" rather than "were" references athletic shoes in their current state, not in the past in their original state.

#102 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -
@Star0 said:

@zanelli: What the hell? LOL, how am I the one getting worked up? Oh brother...

@Star0 said:

@Pirate700: It was obviously implied that I meant their original use. Jesus...it's like talking to my grandma.

lol, keep it up kiddo. The tantrum in a shoe thread is fantastic.

#103 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

Oh I'm so worked up, I really am. I'm the one sounding ever so butt hurt over something so insignificant *rolleyes*

@thegerg I could help you, but I don't work for free. :) Needs more colour...oops! >.<

#104 Posted by indzman (16841 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@Pirate700: It was obviously implied that I meant their original use. Jesus...it's like talking to my grandma.

You are new here , don't get worked up on small things , insulting other users from beginning only lol.

#105 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg: It was, but confusion is where questions can help. Maybe you could have done that instead of being assumptive? Usually people don't say 'oh I'm going go and buy some athletic shoes from the mall later', they'll say sneakers or trainers...unless they're like 80 years old. There's a clear difference.

@Pirate700 Oh yes, a tantrum. Uh huh. Grrrr...booo...argghhh. I'm so mad. I'm fuming! -__-

#106 Edited by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

Oh I'm so worked up, I really am. I'm the one sounding ever so butt hurt over something so insignificant *rolleyes*

@thegerg I could help you, but I don't work for free. :) Needs more colour...oops! >.<

"Oh I'm so worked up, I really am. I'm the one sounding ever so butt hurt over something so insignificant"

Yeah, we already know that.

"I could help you, but I don't work for free. :) Needs more colour...oops!"

In certain environments more colorful shoes simply aren't considered professional. Sometimes looking like an adult is preferred to wearing clown shoes. Anyway, lack of color certainly is a strange criterion by which to judge what is acceptable for public viewing.

#107 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg: It was, but confusion is where questions can help. Maybe you could have done that instead of being assumptive? Usually people don't say 'oh I'm going go and buy some athletic shoes from the mall later', they'll say sneakers or trainers...unless they're like 80 years old. There's a clear difference.

"Maybe you could have done that instead of being assumptive?"

Forgive me for assuming that your posts mean what your posts say. I have the bad habit of taking other people at their word. From now on should we question everything you post and assume that you mean something different?

#108 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg: Bravo. Thanks for the utterly pointless lecture and a complete misunderstanding of the brilliance that is my sarcasm =P

#109 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg: Nope. I think it's your reading comprehension skills that are sorely lacking. Good day to you, sir.

#110 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

...

for official government business.

and of course the good ol' fashioned disco shoes for occasion

#111 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

i have 1 pair of running shoes, 1 pair of slippers, 1 pair of boots, and 2 pair of dress shoes.

i go through them at a rate of one pair every .25, 1,2,2 years respectively.

#112 Edited by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg: Nope. I think it's your reading comprehension skills that are sorely lacking. Good day to you, sir.

The old me would take this post to mean that you think I have reading comprehension issues, but the new me knows that I shouldn't be so assumptive. What you're actually meaning is, "I am now beginning to see that I am wrong, and that I shouldn't get so worked up about what other people think about shoes."

Because who, after all, would think that "[a]thletic shoes are not meant to look 'good'" actually means ""[a]thletic shoes are not meant to look 'good'"? Thank you for showing me that taking a simple statement for what it is is just plain silly.

#113 Posted by deeliman (2342 posts) -

Is someone really throwing a tantrum over shoes? smh

#114 Edited by indzman (16841 posts) -

I'm a poor guy , can't afford costly shoes. Converse black sports shoes are perfect for me by budget and style :

#115 Edited by deeliman (2342 posts) -
#116 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg:

You went full analytical. Never go full analytical.

Hope you feel better tomorrow morning champ. ;)

#117 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg:

You went full analytical. Never go full analytical.

Hope you feel better tomorrow morning champ. ;)

I didn't have to analyze anything. You made a clear and simple statement, and I took you at our word. Forgive me for thinking that you mean what you say.

#118 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg: You're forgiven. Work on those interpretational skills though and go get 'em tiger. The world is your canvas.

#119 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg: You're forgiven. Work on those interpretational skills though and go get 'em tiger. The world is your canvas.

So, in the future, how should I interpret your posts? I see that I should take anything you say in the present tense to actually mean past tense, but are there any other types nonsense that you regularly use when trying to communicate with others?

#120 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg:

You sound angry.

It's not good to be angry.

#121 Posted by Senor_Kami (8291 posts) -

I'm wearing some Nike's. I need to buy some Vans. Every year I purchase a pair of black or gray slip-ons but I've been slacking this year. I'll probably buy two pairs with my next paycheck.

#122 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg:

You sound angry.

It's not good to be angry.

So, in Star0 world, this actually means "I like pancakes. My mother was a hamster."

I get it! What kind of a fool would think that you actually mean what you say?

#123 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg:

I'll have to get back to you on that, but, in this world of yours, does mentioning 'athletic shoes' in the present tense preclude any reference to their original single purpose? Namely, being an item of footwear used to absorb impact during professional sporting events?

Didn't think so and please relax, I'm starting to worry for your mental health.

#124 Posted by Aljosa23 (24539 posts) -

It's amazing that posters still engage with thegerg. His act has gotten so old and boring.

also, hey pirate!

#125 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg:

I'll have to get back to you on that, but, in this world of yours, does mentioning 'athletic shoes' in the present tense preclude any reference to their original single purpose? Namely, being an item of footwear used to absorb impact during professional sporting events?

Didn't think so and please relax, I'm starting to worry for your mental health.

"does mentioning 'athletic shoes' in the present tense preclude any reference to their original single purpose?"

Of course not. That has no bearing, though, on what we're talking about. You made a claim about something in the present tense, but then claimed that your post was in reference to something in the past. That's not how words work. You should have learned the difference between the words "are" and "were" in grade school.

#126 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg: No genius, in context I was referring to the traditional definition of an 'athletic shoe' which has not undergone any semantic change and is not obsolete in the field of professional sports. Rather, the term has gone under lexical change for common usage where they are known as sneakers' or 'trainers'. This is what you're having extreme difficulty grasping. I'm glad you're doing well in grade school. Keep it up. You might survive the day...and if you're lucky the bus ride home.

#127 Edited by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg: No genius, in context I was referring to the traditional definition of an 'athletic shoe' which has not undergone any semantic change. Rather, the term has gone under lexical change i.e. for common usage they are known as sneakers' or 'trainers'. This is what you're having extreme difficulty grasping. I'm glad you're doing well in grade school. Keep it up. You might survive the day...and if you're lucky the bus ride home.

No. In context you were referring to what athletic shoes are, not what they were. That's what the conversation in which you were participating was about.

#128 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

@Aljosa23: His stupidity has a certain charm about it :)

#129 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

@Aljosa23 said:

It's amazing that posters still engage with thegerg. His act has gotten so old and boring.

also, hey pirate!

Sup, my man. How goes it?

#130 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

@thegerg:

You don't say?

I just explained the difference between athletic shoes and trainers/sneakers. One refers to professional sporting use whilst the other refers to casual use.

You've wasted enough of my time. Good day.

Go catch that bus.

#131 Posted by thegerg (14597 posts) -

@Star0 said:

@thegerg:

You don't say?

I just explained the difference between athletic shoes and trainers/sneakers. One refers to professional sporting use whilst the other refers to casual use.

You've wasted enough of my time. Good day.

"One refers to professional sporting use whilst the other refers to casual use."

Uh, no. I have athletic shoes, but I'm not a professional athlete. Anyway, that has no bearing on the fact that you were participating in a conversation about what these shoes are, not what they were. Also, even shoes used by professional athletes have style in mind.

#132 Edited by Bikouchu35 (7271 posts) -

Free 5 this year's version. Swapped the laces to black/red.

#133 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

This thread has taken a fascinatingly predictable turn that every shoe thread does. Someone's bizarre shoe taste gets insulted then all hell breaks loose. lol

#134 Edited by thegerg (14597 posts) -

I'm looking for a new pair of tennis shoes too. Probably these:

#135 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

This thread has taken a fascinatingly predictable turn that, seemingly, all shoe threads here do. Someone's bizarre shoe taste gets insulted and then all hell breaks loose. lol

#136 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -

This thread has taken a fascinatingly predictable turn that, seemingly, all shoe threads here do. Someone's bizarre shoe taste gets insulted and then all hell breaks loose. lol

nice to see you around again !

#137 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -
#138 Posted by daviddiorio (31 posts) -

Nike Free because so comfy!

#139 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10058 posts) -

@TheFlush said:

These:

you're officially the only OTer whose taste i can relate to.

#140 Edited by airshocker (28728 posts) -

I wear these at work because they're extremely comfortable and I can run in them if I need to.

Other than that I usually just buy a pair of Nikes to wear around when I go out and around the house. And I have a pair of NB running shoes.

#141 Edited by Assassin_87 (2296 posts) -

Work:

Everyday:

Exercise:

The running/workout shoes I need to replace. Got them about a year and a half ago and they are pretty much useless at this point.

#142 Posted by InEMplease (6314 posts) -

This thread has taken a fascinatingly predictable turn that every shoe thread does. Someone's bizarre shoe taste gets insulted then all hell breaks loose. lol

I'm just waiting for the right-hander into shoe fetish.

(Glad you haven't jumped ship)

#143 Edited by Wolf-Man2006 (4183 posts) -

#144 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@alcatraz5953 said:

So quite clearly you need a lot more than a drink to calm down? Grow up dude, if you cant take criticism you shouldn't have posted a picture of your god awful shoes on a forum.

And what's up with the 'kid' remark all the time? You do realize that it's normally children who call others children to make themselves feel more grown up?

I am calm and like I said, if you need a drink to calm down, you are doing it wrong. We are long past the criticism stage. We are well into you crying like a baby because I informed you I don't care what you think of my shoes. Now you just feel the need to continue crying. Stop crying over me not caring what you think and I will stop calling you a kid...okay kid? I am not continuing to come to your thread crying needing my diaper changed, so why come to mine doing it?

I will continue coming here even if it is just to piss you off.

I didn't bother reading your worthless post beyond this. How cute is that. You think you are pissing me off. Poor kid. Some day you will move beyond that way of thinking. But you keep on thinking you are pissing me of.

#145 Posted by alcatraz5953 (73 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa:

@alcatraz5953 said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@alcatraz5953 said:

So quite clearly you need a lot more than a drink to calm down? Grow up dude, if you cant take criticism you shouldn't have posted a picture of your god awful shoes on a forum.

And what's up with the 'kid' remark all the time? You do realize that it's normally children who call others children to make themselves feel more grown up?

I am calm and like I said, if you need a drink to calm down, you are doing it wrong. We are long past the criticism stage. We are well into you crying like a baby because I informed you I don't care what you think of my shoes. Now you just feel the need to continue crying. Stop crying over me not caring what you think and I will stop calling you a kid...okay kid? I am not continuing to come to your thread crying needing my diaper changed, so why come to mine doing it?

I will continue coming here even if it is just to piss you off.

I didn't bother reading your worthless post beyond this. How cute is that. You think you are pissing me off. Poor kid. Some day you will move beyond that way of thinking. But you keep on thinking you are pissing me of.

Cool story bro, tell another?

#146 Posted by Behardy24 (2628 posts) -

A pair of rockports.

#147 Edited by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Nike Free Run 3's

Those look light.

They are super light. They feel like you're wearing very comfortable socks with a rubber grip on the bottom.

#148 Posted by MirkoS77 (6991 posts) -

I hate shoes and only wear them when necessary. Slippers all the time.

#149 Edited by konvikt_17 (22129 posts) -

i cant really wear shoes on a regular basis.

the reason being, ive got Yellow toenail syndrome, and my nail on my big toe is seperating from the cuticle/nail bed, so wearing shoes is uncomfortable/painful.

So i wear slides

#150 Edited by lensflare15 (6174 posts) -

A shabbier looking pair of these: