JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Read a post by Mike Rowe the other day on Facebook where he was talking about littering as being a subhuman activity and I pretty much agree. I think people who litter are a form of a scum. Seriously, you have ash trays in your car. Use them. There's a trash can on every corner of the street. Use them. It's really disrespectful, and it tarnishes the way I view people who are otherwise decent folk.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I don't know about subhuman, but definitely garbage. Like, have some dignity.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Most people are lazy and inconsiderate so unless cops start going around and handing out tickets for littering it's not going to stop.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JustPlainLucas

@fenriz275 said:

Most people are lazy and inconsiderate so unless cops start going around and handing out tickets for littering it's not going to stop.

Well, one thing I'm going to start doing is picking up the trash I see people throw on the ground and pass it back to them.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yeah, and it's back.

i see trash all the time now.

time for more psa's.

Loading Video...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts

@Riverwolf007: or more vigalantes

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

I live next to a school with a ash soccer pitch, every weekend some nob heads go up there drinking alchopops and smashing glass all over were 7 year old's run around in shorts. It's disguising, wish I could rub their face in it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JustPlainLucas

@comp_atkins said:

Loading Video...

LOVE IT!

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:

Read a post by Mike Rowe the other day on Facebook where he was talking about littering as being a subhuman activity and I pretty much agree. I think people who litter are a form of a scum. Seriously, you have ash trays in your car. Use them. There's a trash can on every corner of the street. Use them. It's really disrespectful, and it tarnishes the way I view people who are otherwise decent folk.

I think that littering is shit, but it's ironic to call it a subhuman activity.

Point being: littering is profoundly disrespectful. If I dump my soda cans and dirty diapers in a park, that doesn't make me subhuman. What that means is that I have so little respect for the park and the people who work/visit there, that I don't give one single shit about the fact that they're gonna go there and be disgusted by my trash. That's not "subhuman" behavior, that's what happens when people dehumanize other people. You dump your litter onto the sidewalk because "**** this sidewalk and anyone who goes here." That's not subhuman behavior. That's a lack of concern for what people are gonna think/feel when they see your trash or have to pick it up. And that's all based on "**** those guys, they're shit." It's exactly how people won't leave dirty razor blades lying around the house for them or their kids to cut themselves on, but they happily dump that shit in the trash with zero concern for what'll happen if the garbageman cuts himself on that shit. He's not a PERSON, he's just the thing that hauls your trash away, so **** him. He's not a person, he's just a THING that does whatever.

And that's how humans operate. That behavior isn't subhuman, it is EXTREMELY human. And to see someone criticize that behavior by dehumanizing the culprits? oh, the irony there.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

Loading Video...

Ok, that was awesome. The last one where she asks the guy to open his SUV's window just to trash it was gold.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

it is indeed sub human activity, people who litter are not people

they are cockroaches

it's time to cut the tall trees down

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrGeezer

@BiancaDK said:

it is indeed sub human activity, people who litter are not people

they are cockroaches

it's time to cut the tall trees down

This coming from someone who asks for services to be rendered and then refuses to pay for them because haha, they're just WAITERS, not PEOPLE.

Thanks for proving my point.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

It annoys me and I think the people who do it are gross, but subhuman scum? There are rapists out there you know...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BiancaDK

@MrGeezer: if you think that post is proof, you're a special kind of person lol

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@MrGeezer: you know that cockroaches are cleaner as a human right...?

btw only humans litter so i'd not compare them to something as pure as a wild animal!

if they litter feel free to trow it at their heads and force them to clean it up but as long as there are assholes on this planet littering will happen :p

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I always put my garbage in the bin.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I wouldn't go as far as to say they're scum... but it seriously effects my opinion of people if they litter. How fucking lazy/self centered can you be? I'm a lazy selfish **** and even I find it incredibly easy to not litter.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

This girl is fucking awesome...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JustPlainLucas

@ianhh6 said:

It annoys me and I think the people who do it are gross, but subhuman scum? There are rapists out there you know...

Form of scum. You don't to be as bad as a rapist to be scum.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm very particular about putting trash in the trash bins.

On the other hand, I'm lax when it comes to weeds. We have to keep the front yard, sidewalk, and curb free of weeds. Even a few little blades of grass or dandelion would get the homeowner's association in a huff. I guess they want to keep the property value up.

They don't check the backyard though. I have some serious yard work to do this summer. But, trash? I keep em where they belong.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I always throw my rubbish in the bin, used to be pretty lax with my cigarette butts sometimes though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I don't know what's worst, people not recycling there trash or just to damn lazy to put there trash into the bucket bin?

I wouldn't call them subhuman, but say that they are lazy humans that's for sure. When I'm walking into public, I usually go out of my way and pick up trash that's next to the trash bin when I'm walking in the city. I'm a clean freak, I don't like to litter our own planet.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrGeezer

@BiancaDK said:

@MrGeezer: if you think that post is proof, you're a special kind of person lol

Again...the person who requests a service to be performed and then refuses to pay for said service because "**** those guys" is also the kind of person who thinks of other people as subhuman. You'd have to be "a special kind of person" to not understand that people who see other people as subhuman are EXACTLY the kinds of people who do shitty things to other people.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

They are subhuman ape like beings.

nikkycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nikkycat
Member since 2010 • 912 Posts

Most likely, there are trash cans everywhere around you. Just throw the damn trash away properly. Lazy people.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I try not to get my panties in a bunch, but hate it when people throw their trash on the sidewalk, when there's a trashbin 5m away...

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BiancaDK

@MrGeezer: i don't find anyone to be subhuman, my initial comment in this thread was sarcastic. "People who litter are not people" is me building on the extreme rhetoric with another equal extreme to signify what is basically being said when you deem people subhuman based on littering. I do so in order to point out its absurdity, i then move on to make references to the movie 'hotel rwanda' and the hutu/tutsi conflict in order to emphasize where this kind of thinking and rhetoric has previously led to in history

it's all good in the hood bra, we agree on this matter, you were just being candid in your expression and i was being sarcastic

out of curiosity though, what is this service that i'm refusing to pay to?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Littering is awesome, I do it all the time. Makes me feel like a badass.

:P

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: True, true, but the insults seem rather vehement. So what words would you use to describe a rapist or murderer?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JustPlainLucas

@ianhh6 said:

@JustPlainLucas: True, true, but the insults seem rather vehement. So what words would you use to describe a rapist or murderer?

Scum as well. The difference would be adjectives.

Litterbug = Lazy, inconsiderate, rude, scum
Rapist, murderer = Vile, evil, sickening horrible, scum.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustPlainLucas

@BiancaDK said:

@MrGeezer: i don't find anyone to be subhuman, my initial comment in this thread was sarcastic. "People who litter are not people" is me building on the extreme rhetoric with another equal extreme to signify what is basically being said when you deem people subhuman based on littering. I do so in order to point out its absurdity, i then move on to make references to the movie 'hotel rwanda' and the hutu/tutsi conflict in order to emphasize where this kind of thinking and rhetoric has previously led to in history

it's all good in the hood bra, we agree on this matter, you were just being candid in your expression and i was being sarcastic

For the record, I never called anyone subhuman, merely said littering is a subhuman activity, meaning it's beneath us. At least, that's how I interpreted Rowe's post.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I always throw my rubbish in the bin, used to be pretty lax with my cigarette butts sometimes though.

Cigarette butts are not considered litter. People just don't like looking at them. The fact is they are 100% bio-degradable. They are just cotton and paper.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@fenriz275 said:

Agreed.

But to call them subhuman is slipping into Hitler territory. I wouldn't go THAT far.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Littering, don't do it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts
Loading Video...

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Just don't litter. It's really easy not to and it's really douchey to throw your trash on the ground and make someone else pick it up.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JustPlainLucas

@TheHighWind said:

@always_explicit said:

Cigarette butts are not considered litter. People just don't like looking at them. The fact is they are 100% bio-degradable. They are just cotton and paper.

Not really.

Regardless of how it breaks down (and when have you seen a butt break down?), it's still litter. Litter is anything that belongs in a trash can that is thrown on the ground.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#39 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I am not about to call a person subhuman. It is no better than Hitler's view of the "Jewish problem" or Caucasian supremacists claiming other races of human being are cattle (Africans) or deserve to die (Indians).

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrGeezer

@BiancaDK said:

Meh, I'm not gonna bother.

@JustPlainLucas said:

For the record, I never called anyone subhuman, merely said littering is a subhuman activity, meaning it's beneath us. At least, that's how I interpreted Rowe's post.

If it was beneath us, then I doubt that so many of us would do it. Regardless, exactly in what way is it "beneath us"? Is he merely talking about the fact that we shouldn't do it? Because to me it doesn't seem THAT fundamentally different than pooping in the middle of the street or pumping the air full of pollutants. Most PEOPLE do the latter, and most ANIMALS do the former. The fact of the matter is that most animals, human or otherwise, generally aren't that concerned where their waste ends up as long as it doesn't affect them directly. Now, granted, I think that most people recognize that littering is "bad" and hurts the many to the convenience of the one, but that simply boils down to "I know I shouldn't do it, but I'll do it anyway because I want to." If THAT'S all it takes to warrant the label of "subhuman", then we're really watering down the strength of the word. "Subhuman" should have some pretty fucking strong connotations, rather than just being shorthand for "doing things that we know that we probably shouldn't do, but that most humans do in some capacity anyway."

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Use the trash can, keep everything clean