What's your favorite decade you've experienced so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mjf249 (2921 posts) -

I really enjoyed the 2000s,

#2 Posted by MathMattS (4012 posts) -

My favorite decade is the one right now. The Lord is good-- He's given me family, great friends, and I'm living my dream of being a college professor. And, there's some awesome gaming going on!

#3 Posted by Blueresident87 (5345 posts) -

2000-2009

College was in there

#4 Posted by destinhpark (4768 posts) -

Prob the 2000's. So many truly great friends, high school graduation, going to the same college with all the friends I graduated with. What an epic year.

#5 Posted by Stranger_36 (505 posts) -

The 90's.

#6 Posted by danten81 (328 posts) -

80s, specifically 85-89

#7 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -

I kind of like whatever you'd call we're in now. It's like we're in a lot of ways at the (near) future we always wanted except with all the realism shit we always left out. Sure the economy blows but it will eventually stabilize and once you get past the idiotic media we have you kind of realize we're basically living in the most peaceful time for humanity.

#8 Edited by tocool340 (20673 posts) -

The 90's was the decade I had the most fun in so I'll pick that....

Sig

Garfield

#9 Posted by HipHopBeats (2779 posts) -

The 90's. Particularly 90 - 97. Everything was fresh with a raw energy and plenty of variety. From movies, music, atmosphere, you name it, the 90's had it.

#10 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14685 posts) -

The 90's.

Not sure if it's nostalgia or because I was a kid and things felt a lot more entertaining than it is now. I loved the music, video games, public arcades, and the secrecy of the internet. Also, no one was on their damn smart phone ignoring you. We've become even more independent with smart phones.

#11 Posted by iampenguin (396 posts) -

Foe the present decade. I live in the present so to speak.

#12 Posted by Dudersaper (32950 posts) -

Well, I usuaslly prefer stuff FROM the 90's, but I was so young at the time, I'd say this decade so far is becoming my favourite.

#13 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

They have all been kind of crap.

#14 Posted by Celldrax (14844 posts) -

The 90's.

Not only was that the majority of my childhood, but it also had the best cartoons.

#15 Posted by comp_atkins (32176 posts) -

90s

#16 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17839 posts) -

The 90's by far.

Got laid like there was no tomorrow

Found direction with my life; decent paycheck

Got married; have a kid

Alternative rock was in full swing

Video games went from 2D/software mode to fully 3D-accelerated

It's also the decade I assembled my first DIY PC

Everything else since have been a continuation of what I started then.

#17 Posted by ernie1989 (8547 posts) -

I'd say this one so far. These last couple of years have been good for me.

#18 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Either the 80's or 90's. I may give the slight edge to the 90's.

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152991 posts) -

I have no matter what decade....

#20 Edited by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

The 90's. Not that I've experienced a lot of decades (I was born at the ass end of '89), but that was the decade of Cartoon Network, Super Nintendo/N64, and Bill Clinton.

#21 Edited by xdude85 (4648 posts) -

The 90's. The 2000's sucked ass.

#22 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

The 80's were the best by far for me.

#23 Posted by sukraj (24222 posts) -

the 80's

#24 Posted by TAMKFan (33052 posts) -

Probably the 2000's. I do miss some things from the 1990's though.

#25 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13595 posts) -

@Stranger_36 said:

The 90's.

Yes. Drugs, sex and rock 'n roll.

Music seemed to really diversify ~1994 and there were so many new bands and sounds to tune in to. College was (mostly) a blast, gas was less than a dollar a gallon, and those college girls...mmmm.

Oh, and hacky sack. Can't forget hacky sack.

#26 Edited by berto64 (12685 posts) -

The Early to mid 2000s (2000 to 2007) and the 2010s now particularly 2010-2011-present day (i hated 2012). and i have a feeling this decade is going to get better past the negative stuff we are in right now things will get better just be patient! :)

#27 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75204 posts) -

90's in my opinion

#28 Posted by carloscanalesv (109 posts) -

The 80's by far.I was 10 on '87 so between that year & '91 I enjoyed quite a lot the musical scene specially.Pop metal being played on the radio was sweet and even "alternative" music like The Cure & Depeche Mode was very good and made it to the mainstream.Then Nirvana appeared & f*cked it all up.

#29 Edited by doolindesperado (296 posts) -

The 2000's were a good time, for the most part.

#30 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

@carloscanalesv: I like depeche mode and the cure is my favorite band, but pop metal sucked and while I find nirvana overated I will always be grateful to them for putting the final nail in the coffin of that hair and hairspray shit.

#31 Edited by SUD123456 (4549 posts) -

60s or 70s

Possibly this decade because of my daughter.

#32 Posted by kitty (115050 posts) -

@tocool340 said:

The 90's was the decade I had the most fun in so I'll pick that....

Good choice sir

#33 Posted by one_plum (6366 posts) -

Current.

#34 Edited by AFBrat77 (24326 posts) -

The 1980's were fantastic for me....

graduated from high school in 1980 (Freaks and Geeks was a great show set around that time)

lots of concerts

1980's were....

MTV playing videos all the time

President Reagan, and the U.S. was strong and respected, it was great to live here

Mario games (Nintendo became big) and arcade games like Donkey Kong and Defender

compact discs started

AIDS was restricted to certain communities and areas, not widespread

Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Springsteen, REM, U2, all at their best; a much wider range of popular music from great to whacky

great underground/college music scene: Echo and the Bunnymen, Cocteau Twins, New Order, Psychedelic Furs, The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, many more

few computers and no cel phones, more socializing in person

Cheers, Dallas, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Miami Vice, the A-Team

The Breakfast Club, Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Poltergeist, Evil Dead, Platoon, Blood Simple, The Terminator, Aliens, Blade Runner, The Thing, Die Hard, Raging Bull.

Looking back, the 1980's were a far better decade when it came to movies and music, but not as good when it comes to TV shows.

#35 Posted by lamprey263 (26156 posts) -

90s, it was a more promising seeming time

#36 Edited by gamerguru100 (11664 posts) -

I'm 20 years old, so I've only lived for two decades. I don't have a favorite. My memory of the mid to late 90s isn't too memorable since I was just a little kid then. Elementary, middle, and high school were all pretty crappy, and I've only been in college for a few years now, and it hasn't been as good as it could have been.

#37 Posted by lensflare15 (6197 posts) -

I would say 2000-2009. I only remember a few years of the 90s, and this current decade has only been enjoyable for 2010 and the first half of 2011. Since the 2nd half of 2011 or so, life has been pretty stagnant.

#38 Posted by The__Kraken (858 posts) -

The 90's. I may only remember the late 90's, but man, those memories are some of the best I have. I still remember the music on the radio during family trips to California...

It may be due to nostalgia, but who cares.

#39 Edited by AsadMahdi59 (6569 posts) -

Born in 92. Anyways I'd say that 2000-2010 was the best for me, with things going downhill after I moved in 2008. Best gaming, movies, most of the music i like came out in that time frame. 90s were just as good just don't remember anything before like 96.

The past few years have hands down been the worst. College has been lousy so far, I hate the FB/ social media generation i'm part of , crappy social life, got chronic pain in my hands, I'm going bald

#40 Posted by sukraj (24222 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

The 1980's were fantastic for me....

graduated from high school in 1980 (Freaks and Geeks was a great show set around that time)

lots of concerts

1980's were....

MTV playing videos all the time

President Reagan, and the U.S. was strong and respected, it was great to live here

Mario games (Nintendo became big) and arcade games like Donkey Kong and Defender

compact discs started

AIDS was restricted to certain communities and areas, not widespread

Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, Springsteen, REM, U2, all at their best; a much wider range of popular music from great to whacky

great underground/college music scene: Echo and the Bunnymen, Cocteau Twins, New Order, Psychedelic Furs, The Replacements, Husker Du, the Pixies, many more

few computers and no cel phones, more socializing in person

Cheers, Dallas, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Miami Vice, the A-Team

The Breakfast Club, Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Poltergeist, Evil Dead, Platoon, Blood Simple, The Terminator, Aliens, Blade Runner, The Thing, Die Hard, Raging Bull.

Looking back, the 1980's were a far better decade when it came to movies and music, but not as good when it comes to TV shows.

some decent movies u listed thar.

#41 Edited by m0zart (11568 posts) -

The 80s. I greatly enjoyed growing up in the 80s.

#42 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

I look young but I remember the 80's. It was great, and I appreciate it in a way nobody else can. In fact, I WAS the 80's.

#43 Edited by BeardMaster (1686 posts) -

Probably the 90s.

Who would say the 2000s?

The economy stagnated for 8 years then crashed, and the most innovative thing to come out of it was social media.