What's your alcoholic beverage of choice?

  • 94 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Umm as I said above. Leffe is an InBev macro and a poor representation of Belgian beer. Same goes for that skunky ass Stella. Basically just international Budweiser products.

leffe didn't start out like this, same with stella as well

They have become international , because they're so high quality

#52 Edited by Treflis (11669 posts) -

I usually drink either a Cuba Libre or Mojito, Shots varies however.

#53 Edited by roulettethedog (11021 posts) -

Lord Calvert whiskey and Molson Golden beer.

#54 Edited by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Umm as I said above. Leffe is an InBev macro and a poor representation of Belgian beer. Same goes for that skunky ass Stella. Basically just international Budweiser products.

leffe didn't start out like this, same with stella as well

They have become international , because they're so high quality

As already stated above, Stella is skunky garbage. At best barely above the quality of PBR or some other macro brewed hipster piss. Maybe it wasn't before. I don't know, but if you're trying to imply that it is still "so high quality" I'll have to disagree with you.

#55 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@Assassin_87 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Umm as I said above. Leffe is an InBev macro and a poor representation of Belgian beer. Same goes for that skunky ass Stella. Basically just international Budweiser products.

leffe didn't start out like this, same with stella as well

They have become international , because they're so high quality

As already stated above, Stella is skunky garbage. At best barely above the quality of PBR or some other macro brewed hipster piss. Maybe it wasn't before. I don't know, but if you're trying to imply that it is still "so high quality" I'll have to disagree with you.

stella is just a pint

for a pint it's high quality

if you compare it with delirium tremens or grimbergen

yeah of course it's garbage then, that's like comparing a low price three door bmw with a porsche

#56 Posted by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

As already stated above, Stella is skunky garbage. At best barely above the quality of PBR or some other macro brewed hipster piss. Maybe it wasn't before. I don't know, but if you're trying to imply that it is still "so high quality" I'll have to disagree with you.

stella is just a pint

for a pint it's high quality

if you compare it with delirium tremens or grimbergen

yeah of course it's garbage then, that's like comparing a low price three door bmw with a porsche

I just compare beer to beer. I don't create tiers for comparison's sake. Stella is disgusting swill in the grand scheme of things.

Even when drinking socially, I don't drink shit like that.

#57 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@Assassin_87 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

As already stated above, Stella is skunky garbage. At best barely above the quality of PBR or some other macro brewed hipster piss. Maybe it wasn't before. I don't know, but if you're trying to imply that it is still "so high quality" I'll have to disagree with you.

stella is just a pint

for a pint it's high quality

if you compare it with delirium tremens or grimbergen

yeah of course it's garbage then, that's like comparing a low price three door bmw with a porsche

I just compare beer to beer. I don't create tiers for comparison's sake. Stella is disgusting swill in the grand scheme of things.

Even when drinking socially, I don't drink shit like that.

lol of course i forgot you guys don't know the difference between abbeys, triples & pints

pints is low alcohol beer

you like bitter taste in a small pint

try hoegaerden, jupiler or maes

#58 Posted by Assassin_87 (2314 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

I just compare beer to beer. I don't create tiers for comparison's sake. Stella is disgusting swill in the grand scheme of things.

Even when drinking socially, I don't drink shit like that.

lol of course i forgot you guys don't know the difference between abbeys, triples & pints

pints is low alcohol beer

you like bitter taste in a small pint

try hoegaerden, jupiler or maes

I've had Hoegaarden. That is good stuff. I genuinely like it.

As for the other two I will seek them out and see what they're like.

#59 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6589 posts) -

Being an Aussie, definitely love my beer. But I think wine is my favourite alcoholic drink.

#60 Edited by commander (8269 posts) -

@Assassin_87 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

I just compare beer to beer. I don't create tiers for comparison's sake. Stella is disgusting swill in the grand scheme of things.

Even when drinking socially, I don't drink shit like that.

lol of course i forgot you guys don't know the difference between abbeys, triples & pints

pints is low alcohol beer

you like bitter taste in a small pint

try hoegaerden, jupiler or maes

I've had Hoegaarden. That is good stuff. I genuinely like it.

As for the other two I will seek them out and see what they're like.

well hoegaarden is belgian

Jupiler and maes will be a bit more sweet though, since you like hoegaarden so much i don't know for sure if will like them. Hoegaarden is also higher quality (some people here are offended when you call it a pint) and has a very distinctive taste. Palm maybe something you like too (as a pintish beer)

Hoegaarden is a pure belgian whitebeer (wheatbeer) (witbier) the most similar that i like will be

brugs witbier

lambic

rochefort 8

rochefort is a pretty strong beer though, so be carefull, you don't want to drink this as pints, or you give up all your secrets lol

What you also certainly need to try is westmalle triple and hapkin (also strong.. (9°)

You'll probably like duvel too.

the other i posted before i don't know, they might be a bit too sweet for your taste

Try to find the matching glass to drink it out too, it would be a real shame to use a normal pintglass (or dear lord, you use the bottle lol)

Some others: orval, affligem, kasteelbier, chimay and yeah the official best beer in the world west-vleteren

#61 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@evildead6789:

Realistically, a beer is either garbage or not garbage and Stella is in fact garbage regardless of how you try and spin it.

Stella doesn't come from the beer culture of Belgium. Stella may be made in Belgium, but it's no more Belgian than Budweiser made in the US is a Czech pils. Stella is a bland euro lager, indistinguishable from Heineken, St. Pauli Girl, or Beck's.

I'm sure many Belgians might get mad at this statement but it's really no different then hillbillies and frat boys getting mad at me insulting their Bud and Coors.

And while hoegaarden is "Alright", it's still not something I would go out of my way for. I would drink it of it was offered to me but never would I buy it. It's too thin and too carbonated like any In-Bev macro. It feels too mass produced and the aroma and taste seems a bit artificial. I've honestly come across Belgian wits from the states that were brewed better. Sadly, Hoegaarden only tastes slightly better to me then Blue Moon. It's pretty interesting that while looking up more info on the beer, I was redirected to Anheuser-Busch.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/s/uploads/Hoegaarden-Fact-Sheet.pdf

#62 Edited by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Realistically, a beer is either garbage or not garbage and Stella is in fact garbage regardless of how you try and spin it.

Stella doesn't come from the beer culture of Belgium. Stella may be made in Belgium, but it's no more Belgian than Budweiser made in the US is a Czech pils. Stella is a bland euro lager, indistinguishable from Heineken, St. Pauli Girl, or Beck's.

I'm sure many Belgians might get mad at this statement but it's really no different then hillbillies and frat boys getting mad at me insulting their Bud and Coors.

And while hoegaarden is "Alright", it's still not something I would go out of my way for. I would drink it of it was offered to me but never would I buy it. It's too thin and too carbonated like any In-Bev macro. It feels too mass produced and the aroma and taste seems a bit artificial. I've honestly come across Belgian wits from the states that were brewed better. Sadly, Hoegaarden only tastes slightly better to me then Blue Moon. It's pretty interesting that while looking up more info on the beer, I was redirected to Anheuser-Busch.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/s/uploads/Hoegaarden-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Well i didn't reply to you did I, I don't know what you dislikes and likes are, and only gave him tips for the beers he likes. Since he like hoegaarden i went on on that taste

That you don't like stella, doesn't mean other people don't. Belgium is known as the best beer country in the world and we have a lot of beers. Trappist beers cannot be indrustrially copied.

That doesn't mean that the non-trappist beers are not high quality. Some are lower quality some are higher quality. Stella is just a pint, if you don't like it, fine, but a lot of people look at this beer like a high quality pint, which it is, wether you like it or not. There are some other pints as well, like jupiler and maes, they're more bitter than stella,

Comparing pints with abbeys and trappist or many other sorts of beers just shows how much you know about the matter. You can't compare hoegaarden with trappists and abbeys, it's just not on the same level. The biggest quality from belgian beers comes from the monestary and derivative abbeys. American pints can be of the same quality when it comes to this low level beers, but when you start talking about monastery beers, trappist and abbeys, yeah then maybe american beers can compete on the abbey level

But on the trappist level, the production standard is secret and you just won't have the same quality or taste. Just like you can't copy coca cola, you can't copy these beers as well. And these beers are harder to make than a f$ckin coke lol

As for hoegaarden , it could be this had been sold to another company. Hoegaarden is not a trappist beer, but it's still belgian origin. Rochefort 8 for instance is a monestary beer. It's also a whitebeer like hoegaarden but it's of much higher quality

#63 Edited by Chrypt22 (1374 posts) -

As far as spirits goes... nothing beats a well made Mojito, with real mint and real cane sugar.

Other than that... I have become a pretty big fan of Mead... yeah... Mead. If you have not had it you are missing out... There is this stuff called, "B. Nektar Zombie Killer" and B. Nektar: Kill all the Golfers". Really Really good stuff.

Favorite Beer right now is a tie between: RJ Rockers Son of a Peach, or Steinlager: Pure out of New Zeland.

#64 Posted by speedfog (3329 posts) -

Beer, wodka redbull or Martini.

#65 Edited by konvikt_17 (22310 posts) -

Four Loko is my goto. cheap. 12% alcohol. decent taste.

#66 Edited by GazaAli (23522 posts) -

I'm a boring teetotaler.

#67 Posted by pyro1245 (1011 posts) -

Liquor: Single-malt Scotch

Beer: IPAs (Bells Two-hearted is my go-to)

Soda: Coke

#68 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@evildead6789:

Here's the problem though. You slam American beer while damage controlling industrial Belgian beers. Like Stella and Hoegaarden are somehow better just because they come from Belgium.

And Coca-Cola isn't a good example either since all industrial soda is in fact garbage. I generally buy my cola and root beer from the same place I buy some of my beer which is at the local brewpub. I can also gaurentee that if you were to try their Belgian style trippel, Final Absolution in a blind taste, you wouldn't be able to spot it as a beer made in America even up against Abby and Trappist beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2085/5426/

And not all Trappist beer is of the same quality it once was. Chimay now uses extracts poured from a can in place of whole ingredients.

#69 Edited by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Here's the problem though. You slam American beer while damage controlling industrial Belgian beers. Like Stella and Hoegaarden are somehow better just because they come from Belgium.

And Coca-Cola isn't a good example either since all industrial soda is in fact garbage. I generally buy my cola and root beer from the same place I buy some of my beer which is at the local brewpub. I can also gaurentee that if you were to try their Belgian style trippel, Final Absolution in a blind taste, you wouldn't be able to spot it as a beer made in America even up against Abby and Trappist beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2085/5426/

And not all Trappist beer is of the same quality it once was. Chimay now uses extracts poured from a can in place of whole ingredients.

I never did that, i'm slamming american beers because they're crap, i just gave a couple of pints from belgium with my list. That america can compete with the pints , that can be true, even with the abbeys

But abbeys and trappist are not the same. I would certainly taste the difference, since I live in belgium, I drink this stuff for 15 years already. Some people here already tasted american beer and because the process isn't the same, they taste different

In case you didn't notice , west vleteren is still the best beer in the world

and this in your silly contests

#70 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@evildead6789:

You are under the assumption that all American beer is the same which makes you extremely ignorant. Euros in general are very ignorant when it comes to American beer just as a Americsns are ignorant when it comes to imports which is why they drink shit like Stella and Newcastle. The American swill you probably get imported to Belgium is probably something a wouldn't touch to begin with.

The American beer that I drink is every bit as good as Belgian beer. My favorite Belgians are Golden Draak, Duvel, Kasteel, Scaldis Prestige and St Bernardus which is considered a close match in recipe and style to the St Sixtus beers. I couldn't drink these styles forever though and my American Craft beers are every bet as good.

#71 Posted by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Here's the problem though. You slam American beer while damage controlling industrial Belgian beers. Like Stella and Hoegaarden are somehow better just because they come from Belgium.

And Coca-Cola isn't a good example either since all industrial soda is in fact garbage. I generally buy my cola and root beer from the same place I buy some of my beer which is at the local brewpub. I can also gaurentee that if you were to try their Belgian style trippel, Final Absolution in a blind taste, you wouldn't be able to spot it as a beer made in America even up against Abby and Trappist beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2085/5426/

And not all Trappist beer is of the same quality it once was. Chimay now uses extracts poured from a can in place of whole ingredients.

I never did that, i'm slamming american beers because they're crap, i just gave a couple of pints from belgium with my list. That america can compete with the pints , that can be true, even with the abbeys

But abbeys and trappist are not the same. I would certainly taste the difference, since I live in belgium, I drink this stuff for 15 years already. Some people here already tasted american beer and because the process isn't the same, they taste different

In case you didn't notice , west vleteren is still the best beer in the world

and this in your silly contests

Again, not all American beers are crap. Try not to be so narrow-minded.

You praise abbey beers, but don't seem to realize that Americans make Abbey beers too.

#72 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Here's the problem though. You slam American beer while damage controlling industrial Belgian beers. Like Stella and Hoegaarden are somehow better just because they come from Belgium.

And Coca-Cola isn't a good example either since all industrial soda is in fact garbage. I generally buy my cola and root beer from the same place I buy some of my beer which is at the local brewpub. I can also gaurentee that if you were to try their Belgian style trippel, Final Absolution in a blind taste, you wouldn't be able to spot it as a beer made in America even up against Abby and Trappist beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2085/5426/

And not all Trappist beer is of the same quality it once was. Chimay now uses extracts poured from a can in place of whole ingredients.

I never did that, i'm slamming american beers because they're crap, i just gave a couple of pints from belgium with my list. That america can compete with the pints , that can be true, even with the abbeys

But abbeys and trappist are not the same. I would certainly taste the difference, since I live in belgium, I drink this stuff for 15 years already. Some people here already tasted american beer and because the process isn't the same, they taste different

In case you didn't notice , west vleteren is still the best beer in the world

and this in your silly contests

Again, not all American beers are crap. Try not to be so narrow-minded.

You praise abbey beers, but don't seem to realize that Americans make Abbey beers too.

abbeys and trappists are not the same

It's the trappists that I praise

#73 Edited by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

Here's the problem though. You slam American beer while damage controlling industrial Belgian beers. Like Stella and Hoegaarden are somehow better just because they come from Belgium.

And Coca-Cola isn't a good example either since all industrial soda is in fact garbage. I generally buy my cola and root beer from the same place I buy some of my beer which is at the local brewpub. I can also gaurentee that if you were to try their Belgian style trippel, Final Absolution in a blind taste, you wouldn't be able to spot it as a beer made in America even up against Abby and Trappist beer.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2085/5426/

And not all Trappist beer is of the same quality it once was. Chimay now uses extracts poured from a can in place of whole ingredients.

I never did that, i'm slamming american beers because they're crap, i just gave a couple of pints from belgium with my list. That america can compete with the pints , that can be true, even with the abbeys

But abbeys and trappist are not the same. I would certainly taste the difference, since I live in belgium, I drink this stuff for 15 years already. Some people here already tasted american beer and because the process isn't the same, they taste different

In case you didn't notice , west vleteren is still the best beer in the world

and this in your silly contests

Again, not all American beers are crap. Try not to be so narrow-minded.

You praise abbey beers, but don't seem to realize that Americans make Abbey beers too.

abbeys and trappists are not the same

It's the trappists that I praise

What about American trappist beer? Does their country of origin make them no good too?

#74 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

You are under the assumption that all American beer is the same which makes you extremely ignorant. Euros in general are very ignorant when it comes to American beer just as a Americsns are ignorant when it comes to imports which is why they drink shit like Stella and Newcastle. The American swill you probably get imported to Belgium is probably something a wouldn't touch to begin with.

The American beer that I drink is every bit as good as Belgian beer. My favorite Belgians are Golden Draak, Duvel, Kasteel, Scaldis Prestige and St Bernardus which is considered a close match in recipe and style to the St Sixtus beers. I couldn't drink these styles forever though and my American Craft beers are every bet as good.

None of them are trappists

and a lot of the abbeys you mention don't have the same production process.

So yeah, I suggest you import some beer from belgium and you know what I'm talking about

and the ones you mention are not even the best abbeys (of course , you can't discuss taste and duvel is pretty well known but those you mention can't match westmalle tripel for instance and that's not even a trappist)

#75 Edited by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Assassin_87 said:

As already stated above, Stella is skunky garbage. At best barely above the quality of PBR or some other macro brewed hipster piss. Maybe it wasn't before. I don't know, but if you're trying to imply that it is still "so high quality" I'll have to disagree with you.

stella is just a pint

for a pint it's high quality

if you compare it with delirium tremens or grimbergen

yeah of course it's garbage then, that's like comparing a low price three door bmw with a porsche

I just compare beer to beer. I don't create tiers for comparison's sake. Stella is disgusting swill in the grand scheme of things.

Even when drinking socially, I don't drink shit like that.

lol of course i forgot you guys don't know the difference between abbeys, triples & pints

pints is low alcohol beer

you like bitter taste in a small pint

try hoegaerden, jupiler or maes

Who are you to decide what anyone else likes in a pint? You're quite arrogant, you need to learn that what qualifies as "best" is very subjective. You sound silly going on about what beer is "officially" the best in the world. There are numerous organizations which rate beers, and they don't all agree.

#76 Edited by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

You are under the assumption that all American beer is the same which makes you extremely ignorant. Euros in general are very ignorant when it comes to American beer just as a Americsns are ignorant when it comes to imports which is why they drink shit like Stella and Newcastle. The American swill you probably get imported to Belgium is probably something a wouldn't touch to begin with.

The American beer that I drink is every bit as good as Belgian beer. My favorite Belgians are Golden Draak, Duvel, Kasteel, Scaldis Prestige and St Bernardus which is considered a close match in recipe and style to the St Sixtus beers. I couldn't drink these styles forever though and my American Craft beers are every bet as good.

None of them are trappists

and a lot of the abbeys you mention don't have the same production process.

So yeah, I suggest you import some beer from belgium and you know what I'm talking about

and the ones you mention are not even the best abbeys (of course , you can't discuss taste and duvel is pretty well known but those you mention can't match westmalle tripel for instance and that's not even a trappist)

What are some high-quality American beers that you've tasted?

#77 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@thegerg:

Bells and Dogfish Head are two very good brands but there certainly are many. I especially like Dogfish Head because they go through great extremes to duplicate styles with choice ingredients from all over the world and throughout history.

And as I stated before. The absolute best beer comes from your local brewpub since beer doesn't travel well. A fresh glass from the brewery is the equivalent of fresh bread from the bakery or cider and donuts from the cider mill. Beer and bread are practically the same recipe. That's also the reason that throughout history, wine has been seen as elegant while beer is a crude pheasants drink even though brewing beer is way more complex then making wine.

There are great beers from all over the world and In the last couple decades, America has seen a craft phonomonon that's out of this world. Euros still hold on to this mentality that American beer is still bland, yellow and fizzy like Bud, Miller and Coors or their foreign counterparts like Stella, Corona, Heineken, Bass and Becks. Then you have people like Evil Dead who go to extremes like the best beer is belgian and a beer cannot be exceptional unless it's made by monks using a secret recipe. Meanwhile the brewers association recognizes over 100 distinct styles of beer which gets into the thousands after the creativity of many small Batch brewers. Now don't get me wrong. I absolutely love belgian beer. But I couldn't imagine restricting myself to only these fre styles. It would be like eating the same couple of foods day in and day out.

#78 Posted by foxhound_fox (89865 posts) -
  • Rickard's Red for meals (usually greasy) and general drinking.
  • Dos Equis or Corona with lime for a refreshment on a really hot day.
  • Single malt scotch whiskeys (Glenfiddich, Bowmore Islay) for tasting (social drinking or paired with certain meals).
#79 Edited by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@thegerg:

Bells and Dogfish Head are two very good brands but there certainly are many. I especially like Dogfish Head because they go through great extremes to duplicate styles with choice ingredients from all over the world and throughout history.

And as I stated before. The absolute best beer comes from your local brewpub since beer doesn't travel well. A fresh glass from the brewery is the equivalent of fresh bread from the bakery or cider and donuts from the cider mill. Beer and bread are practically the same recipe. That's also the reason that throughout history, wine has been seen as elegant while beer is a crude pheasants drink even though brewing beer is way more complex then making wine.

There are great beers from all over the world and In the last couple decades, America has seen a craft phonomonon that's out of this world. Euros still hold on to this mentality that American beer is still bland, yellow and fizzy like Bud, Miller and Coors or their foreign counterparts like Stella, Corona, Heineken, Bass and Becks. Then you have people like Evil Dead who go to extremes like the best beer is belgian and a beer cannot be exceptional unless it's made by monks using a secret recipe. Meanwhile the brewers association recognizes over 100 distinct styles of beer which gets into the thousands after the creativity of many small Batch brewers. Now don't get me wrong. I absolutely love belgian beer. But I couldn't imagine restricting myself to only these fre styles. It would be like eating the same couple of foods day in and day out.

yes monks with a secret recipe, it sounds unbelievable but it isn't, it are recipes perfected over hundreds of years, and the usa ain't gonna get it right in a decade

As for beer doesn't travel well? Yeah it has to stay in certain area of temperature, it can't get too cold and not too hot, you can't shake it either

So i suggest you come to belgium or a belgian brings some for you in a refrigerator box

I can be that belgian, if you pay for my ticket lol, never went to the us

But seriously, there has been a documentary here in belgium about this, so this is not plain patriotism. Even the abbeys don't use the right production process in the usa because it simply takes a long time. So for profit , it's better business to use the fast production process but this gives a lower quality taste. At least that's what the experts say here in belgium and experts that travelled here, at least that's what i saw in the documentary but I know our media here is pretty sincere (this is not the usa afterall) so I would bet on it that it's true

It's probably the reason you say that it's like eating the same couple of foods day in and day out. There are so many belgian beers because there are so many breweries, all with cultural history. These are also partly governement funded to keep the longer production process alive, so profit doesn't get in the way of a quality. There is so much difference in taste that i cannot believe you would get sick of it. The one you summed up are all pretty bitter ones as well, like kasteel and duvel. Allthough duvel is a bit more sweet. STill this is only a very small part of belgian beers. There are hundreds of different beers in belgium.

And hundreds are really hundreds, it's about 800 different beers, so no , you don't have a clue when it comes to belgian beer. It's like saying you know all of pop music because you know britney spears

#80 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

#81 Edited by Serraph105 (28353 posts) -

@airshocker said:

As of late I've been drinking more wine. Currently my favorite is moscato.

A nice moscato can be quite excellent. Don't know if they have it in NY, but the Barefoot brand is a very tasty and cheap variety.

#82 Edited by airshocker (30642 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

@airshocker said:

As of late I've been drinking more wine. Currently my favorite is moscato.

A nice moscato can be quite excellent. Don't know if they have it in NY, but the Barefoot brand is a very tasty and cheap variety.

They do have Barefoot here. I'll have to try it. I just tried one called Bonaventure which was pretty damn good. The bottles are so cheap(relatively) compared to other wines that I didn't think they would taste so nice but they're all quite excellent so far.

#83 Edited by sukraj (23460 posts) -

I don't drink beer so all I drink is water.

#84 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

#85 Edited by Evil_Saluki (4887 posts) -

Tsingtao, Sake and Mojito.

Very crisp premium rice beer that's not hard to come across. Sake is the one and only spirit I drink, well, other then a Mojito cocktail. Loves them. Not a cocktail fan most just end up being overpowered by something crap like lemonade or coke, but Mojito is such a well thought out and perfect blend. It's faffy to make mind.

#86 Posted by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Please try to answer the question: What American beers have you tried IOT make such a simplistic assessment? Also, why do you choose to trash trappist beer?

#87 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

6 point Corona. And Dos Equis with limes. Both with limes actually.

Favorite liquor shots are Gin.

Favorite mixed drink is a Miami Vice

#88 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

I do not drink these days but my drink of choice since I first started to the last time I had a drink is Vodka straight, best sipping out of a cup, no chaser.

#89 Posted by jasean79 (2375 posts) -

@evildead6789: I've been reading some of your replies and I think you're misinterpreting what I was asking in this thread.

I simply asked what YOUR beverage of choice was. Not to tell everyone else how poor their tastes in a beverage that spans thousands and thousands of breweries worldwide, beers that appeal to many different types of people.

Maybe Belgium has great beer, maybe not. That's obviously your favorite, but to say it's better than what I like is ridiculous. Opinions vary, my friend.

#90 Posted by commander (8269 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Please try to answer the question: What American beers have you tried IOT make such a simplistic assessment? Also, why do you choose to trash trappist beer?

What does it matter if I tried them, i personally never tried them

But the production process in the usa is different because they want to make higher profits, this gives lower quality

Why would they have made a documentary about it belgium, while it wasn't true. It's not like there is competition from us made beers lol

I don't trash trappist beer, i just said trappists are made in monestary, otherwise it isn't a trappist, then it's an abbey, but even with abbey you don't choose the right production process, all for the sake of profit.

#91 Edited by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Please try to answer the question: What American beers have you tried IOT make such a simplistic assessment? Also, why do you choose to trash trappist beer?

What does it matter if I tried them, i personally never tried them

But the production process in the usa is different because they want to make higher profits, this gives lower quality

Why would they have made a documentary about it belgium, while it wasn't true. It's not like there is competition from us made beers lol

I don't trash trappist beer, i just said trappists are made in monestary, otherwise it isn't a trappist, then it's an abbey, but even with abbey you don't choose the right production process, all for the sake of profit.

"What does it matter if I tried them"

Because you're saying that they're crap. It's kind of silly for you to make that judgement if you have no frame of reference. Such a lack of understanding leads you to say that US beers are crap, yet thinking that Stella is good.

"But the production process in the us"

In what way? Do you not understand that all American beers aren't made the same way?

"I don't trash trappist beer"

Yes you do. You've said hat American beers are crap. If that's the case then that means that there is trappist beer that is crap.

#92 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

@evildead6789:

Probably about 50, honestly. We get a lot of beer here imported straight from Belgium and I'm an absolute beer snob. I can gaurentee however that you have never had a true American craft. Good craft generally doesn't travel more then a couple of states away let alone overseas.

#93 Edited by commander (8269 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Please try to answer the question: What American beers have you tried IOT make such a simplistic assessment? Also, why do you choose to trash trappist beer?

What does it matter if I tried them, i personally never tried them

But the production process in the usa is different because they want to make higher profits, this gives lower quality

Why would they have made a documentary about it belgium, while it wasn't true. It's not like there is competition from us made beers lol

I don't trash trappist beer, i just said trappists are made in monestary, otherwise it isn't a trappist, then it's an abbey, but even with abbey you don't choose the right production process, all for the sake of profit.

"What does it matter if I tried them"

Because you're saying that they're crap. It's kind of silly for you to make that judgement if you have no frame of reference. Such a lack of understanding leads you to say that US beers are crap, yet thinking that Stella is good.

"But the production process in the us"

In what way? Do you not understand that all American beers aren't made the same way?

"I don't trash trappist beer"

Yes you do. You've said hat American beers are crap. If that's the case then that means that there is trappist beer that is crap.

you don't know the difference between abbeys and trappists

#94 Edited by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Why does it matter if he's tried them?

#95 Posted by thegerg (15739 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@evildead6789:

And of those 800 beers, they are still variations of a select few styles like Amber, Blonde, Dubbel, Flemish Red, Lambic, Oud Bruin, Pils , Saison, Stout, Tripple, white and a few others including IPA. But to say Belgium is the only place that can make good beer is ignorant and biased. Or can you really show me 800 distinct styles of Belgian beer. Show me. 50. Or 30.

How many belgian beers have you tried, bottled in belgium

I presume, none

Please try to answer the question: What American beers have you tried IOT make such a simplistic assessment? Also, why do you choose to trash trappist beer?

What does it matter if I tried them, i personally never tried them

But the production process in the usa is different because they want to make higher profits, this gives lower quality

Why would they have made a documentary about it belgium, while it wasn't true. It's not like there is competition from us made beers lol

I don't trash trappist beer, i just said trappists are made in monestary, otherwise it isn't a trappist, then it's an abbey, but even with abbey you don't choose the right production process, all for the sake of profit.

"What does it matter if I tried them"

Because you're saying that they're crap. It's kind of silly for you to make that judgement if you have no frame of reference. Such a lack of understanding leads you to say that US beers are crap, yet thinking that Stella is good.

"But the production process in the us"

In what way? Do you not understand that all American beers aren't made the same way?

"I don't trash trappist beer"

Yes you do. You've said hat American beers are crap. If that's the case then that means that there is trappist beer that is crap.

you don't know the difference between abbeys and trappists

Yes I do, what makes you think otherwise?

Anyway, in what way does "the production process" make all American beers crap? Do you not understand that all American beers aren't made the same way?