What really stresses you out?

• 79 results
#1 Edited by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

So yeh what are your pet hates, get it off your chest, you will feel so much better.

#2 Posted by Boddicker (3096 posts) -

Talk Radio

I can't stand that fucking shit and it makes riding in the car with my dad hell.

#3 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Watching the Dallas Cowboys fail every year.

#4 Edited by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

My ****ing job.

#5 Posted by lostrib (42705 posts) -

Meeting with my PI

#6 Edited by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

Here's one of mine, your walking through the shopping centre/mall there's a couple elderly ladies/ladies with kids/prams walking Infront of you and they just stop dead Infront of you to discuss some shit or look at something in shop window. If it's busy this will happen a bunch of times. So annoying!!!

#7 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

Unable to defeat Ancient Dragon ( Dark souls II ) after 10 retries stressed me out quite a bit lately :(

#8 Posted by lostrib (42705 posts) -

@ariabed said:

Here's one of mine, your walking through the shopping centre/mall there's a couple elderly ladies/ladies with kids/prams walking Infront of you and they just stop dead Infront of you to discuss some shit or look at something in shop window. If it's busy this will happen a bunch of times. So annoying!!!

you get stressed by having to walk around people?

#9 Posted by Trender_man (143 posts) -

Lag

#10 Edited by Korvus (7841 posts) -

Inconsiderate people who don't give a crap about who they're bothering, even when you take the time to let them know but act all offended if you act the same way they're acting.

#11 Edited by VaguelyTagged (10355 posts) -

recently, the fact that my girl friend has threatened to break up with me since i'm a 28 who still lives with his parents and we don't have that much of private time together. it makes me feel like a total loser.

#12 Posted by GazaAli (23773 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

recently, the fact that my girl friend has threatened to break up with me since i'm a 28 who still lives with his parents and we don't have that much of private time together. it makes me feel like a total loser.

You're 28? The hell?

#13 Posted by GazaAli (23773 posts) -

On topic, I wouldn't know where to start and its not like you can relate or anything. I have noticed that in recent years I made a habit of keeping pretty much everything that matters in the slightest to myself. I'm not sure if I have made that decision consciously or not which is why I sometimes feel perplexed by my behavior. Every once in a while I would give this matter some thinking and realize that I don't tell anything to anyone, that I never vent or whine even though I have plenty to vent and whine about. I hope this is some sign of maturity or strength rather than suppression of feelings or seclusion; I wouldn't want shit to be festering inside of me without me noticing.

#14 Edited by one_plum (6364 posts) -

Lesson planning D:

#15 Posted by Korvus (7841 posts) -

@GazaAli: In my opinion maturity and distrust are not related, and unless you keep it to yourself because you don't want to burden others, (misplaced) strength isn't it either. With me it's mostly being stabbed in the back over and over again for trusting, now I always think "don't give them anything they can use against you", even towards most of my family.

I appear to share a lot but in truth I only "share" meaningless stuff that can't come back to bite me, the only person I truly share with being my fiance. In my case it's not maturity or strength, just trauma and paranoia =P

#16 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14633 posts) -

Being out of work. Luckily, I just accepted a job offer yesterday. Last night was the first decent night's sleep I had in over a year.

#17 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10355 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

@VaguelyTagged said:

You're 28? The hell?

yeah,lol. it's amazing that i know you for like 4 years.

#18 Posted by Korvus (7841 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Congrats! =D

#19 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13479 posts) -

Stupidity. Many people are so vacant I want to punch them just to see if it knocks something into its proper place. I mean what the hell?

#20 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20915 posts) -

Aircraft phase. 500 pages. Millions of parts. More cracks then a plumbers convention. Lots of inexperienced guys asking questions. Production be like "hurry up". And I be like micap that part. And they be like "noooooo". Then sheet metal look at an airframe crack be like "oh hell no we can't fix that" then production be like "shit we gonna have depot come out now to fix it". Then two weeks later everyone will be rushing the team to finish. Then everyone like "we need the FMC status. WE. NEED. FMC. STATUS. NOAW!"

#21 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14633 posts) -

@korvus said:

@hallenbeck77: Congrats! =D

Thanks. It's been a VERY long year, and I'm just eternally grateful to have an understanding woman by my side to see things through. If it wasn't for her, I don't know how I would have made it through.

#22 Posted by Korvus (7841 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: Those are great, aren't they? Mine«s been absolutely perfect and patient while I adapt to the new country and lifestyle =)

#23 Posted by Dogswithguns (10931 posts) -

My boss lady.. she's angry all the time, don't know why. and she's ugly like a dude.

#24 Edited by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

Not being sure where I'm going in life. I like to have a plan that I can see each piece and how it'll work to achieve what I want to achieve. Uncertainty and worrying about money and being able to support myself long-term is stressful, especially with the economy.

@VaguelyTagged said:

Unless you're in school full time and don't have the means at ALL to support yourself, move out. Anywhere. I'm assuming she's about your age, and at almost 30 I wouldn't feel comfortable boinking my boyfriend in his parents' house either.

#25 Posted by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

@lostrib: yeah I know, I got problems.

#26 Edited by Storm_Marine (12114 posts) -

nearly everything

#27 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

the beginning of the month, cuz I know a huge chunk of my money is not going to be there anymore

#28 Posted by megagene (23034 posts) -

Basically my whole life.

#29 Posted by Master_Live (15832 posts) -

Everything and nothing.

• Not becoming what I want in life.
  • People
  • When someone ask me for my opinion, I share it then they still do whatever the hell they want and then when things go wrong I have to tell them "I told you so". That is right, I'm correct most of the time.
  • When good or bad things happen to me. If bad things happen to me it sucks (self explanatory), if good things happen I feel this sentiment of worthlessness and how I don't deserve it. I can't win.
  • The government and their intrusiveness. Leave me the hell alone.
  • Shit that happens in the world, people starving in Africa but teh God is awesome GTFO.
  • People

I'm in mid 20's and have quite a few white hairs, more than I should I think. At first I thought it was George Clooney sexy but now I think it is just because of stress. I don't like it like before, it reminds me that maybe I'm going to die earlier than I should.

#30 Posted by Smokescreened84 (2516 posts) -

Being trapped in a male body and struggling so hard to let the woman I am within out, my transition, being constantly forced and demanded to be male all the time because of my birth defect of a body, the computer acting up often for no reason at all, telemarketers who don't understand a word of English and don't grasp when you're really not in the mood because they've woken you up before you even managed to get some sleep at last, transphobic, ignorant fools around the world, the constant greed and suffering around the world and not being able to get a decent sleep.

#31 Edited by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged: I know what that's like, I had to move back to my moms after a long term relationship ended, my room at my mums was basically used for storage so you couldn't swing a cat in there, plus I wasn't even allowed to have my new girl there late, I'm a grown ass man being treated like a kid, mums house mums rules.

The thing is my girlfriend and I both worked till after 11pm and she was living in staff accomodation, she was from Australia and was on a 2year working visa, so there was no privacy at her place, and we wouldn't have much time chilling at mine after work.

I was so stressed out thinking this girl is gonna want nothing to do with me,I mean, she's here on holiday, so eventually she will be going back home so why put up with this shit. I really liked this girl, although I couldn't see a future for us I couldn't help but fall for her, anyways my mum and I argued over this constantly to the point where she said I have to leave, and she gave me till the end of the week. Strangely out of the blue a distant cousin messages me on Facebook saying he needed a flat mate do I know anyone looking for a room, he had split up with his girlfriend and she moved out so he needed help with the rent. I couldn't believe my luck I went round to see the flat and moved in that same day b4 the week was done, my mum was shocked how quickly i was able to move out.

It was amazing my girl and I had all the privacy we could want, and long story short now we are married with a 6month old daughter and Living in Australia.

I truly believe if my cousin had not of come through with the flat when he did my Girl would have left me, she says she wouldn't have but like I said b4 why would anyone put up with being with a grown man living at home with his mum, and he's not even allowed to have his girl round after a certain time of night, even a girl from your own country would be like fuck this, let alone a girl on holiday on your country. Now I heard a quote the other day,I can't be assed to google it to find who said it but it said, if you truly desire something the universe conspires to make it happen, something like that, It seems like it was fate that we met, originally my wife was meant to work in the city but last minute her and her friend decided to come work in my town at my work. Also other things have happened that I would consider amazing luck which have helped keep us together.

Hope things work out for you anyway, and why hasn't your girl got her own place she must be around your age, it works both ways.

#32 Edited by VaguelyTagged (10355 posts) -

@ariabed @XilePrincess

the thing is, i live in Iran which means i'm having some extra problems dealing with this situation.we're having a 25% inflation rate that makes the cost of living (rentals included) unbelievably high. the girl is 25 and still in college so not much of actual help is expected from her anytime soon. and even if she would've been able to help me out here, it would've been hard for her to completely move in with me (considering our cultural status) so i wouldn't expect her to shell out her money on something she couldn't entirely have . and to be honest with you, it's not even about our relationship anymore, it's more about the fact that i haven't been able to experience life as a fully independent individual at this age which is both sad and frustrating. i rest my case with another funny trivia for you to understand how annoying the whole situation is: here in Iran, as a couple you can't even get a hotel room for a night if you're not married/engaged.

#33 Posted by KiIIyou (27155 posts) -

Volcanooooes

#34 Posted by plageus900 (1286 posts) -

Going into a grocery store and watching as parents let their young children run rampant.

I was in line the other day and a mother and her young daughter were standing behind me. Her daughter was running around in line, touching everything on the shelves, knocking crap over, running into people, etc. While I was handing the cashier my shit to purchase, she got in front of me to look at something while I was trying to get to the pin pad to pay and I stumbled all over myself. Meanwhile, mom is just standing behind me with her head off in the clouds.

Parents don't control their kids anymore.

#35 Posted by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament: you know your broke when there's to much month at the end of your money :)

#36 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1791 posts) -

@ariabed: yup. been there, done that.

#37 Edited by gamerguru100 (11290 posts) -

Public speaking (Common stressor)

Job interviews (Ditto)

Tests (Ditto)

Slow traffic (Who isn't stressed out by this?)

Talking on the phone with strangers (esp. if job interview; I talk fast, stutter, and am not always logical)

When my mom yells my name really loudly (I can feel a burst of cortisol every time she does.)

When my mom bangs on my bedroom door to wake me up (It's irritating because she bangs on it so loud as if I'm a hibernating bear.)

The fact that I haven't had any fast food for over two weeks now because my mom and I are dieting.....It's working out for me at least. My goal weight is 160 and I started off at 184; I'm 166 now and very close to my goal :) I can also fit into some pants I couldn't before.

Dying in video games, especially Far Cry 3 or Fallout games (it's extremely immersion breaking and undoes some of your progress and epic moments)

When I try to snipe a guy in the head and miss in Far Cry 3; I hate missing with sniper rifles a lot for some reason in the game.

Call of Duty multiplayer (because it's bullshit)

Battlefield multiplayer (because I suck at BF)

When my game freezes...FFFFFUUUUU.....

That's it for now, I guess.

#38 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

@VaguelyTagged said:

the thing is, i live in Iran which means i'm having some extra problems dealing with this situation.we're having a 25% inflation rate that makes the cost of living (rentals included) unbelievably high. the girl is 25 and still in college so not much of actual help is expected from her anytime soon. and even if she would've been able to help me out here, it would've been hard for her to completely move in with me (considering our cultural status) so i wouldn't expect her to shell out her money on something she couldn't entirely have . and to be honest with you, it's not even about our relationship anymore, it's more about the fact that i haven't been able to experience life as a fully independent individual at this age which is both sad and frustrating. i rest my case with another funny trivia for you to understand how annoying the whole situation is: here in Iran, as a couple you can't even get a hotel room for a night if you're not married/engaged.

Ah, that changes things I suppose. I figured you were from somewhere in North America (your English is really good, if it isn't your first language. I couldn't tell you were from a country that doesn't speak mainly English). I take back my comment fully, then, because that sounds like it would just be a totally sucky situation all around if she can't even help pay for some of it.

#39 Edited by Ariabed (1569 posts) -

@Master_Live: wish I never asked lol

I'm getting the slight feeling that people stress you out, I could be wrong.

You shouldn't stress bout things out of your control, that's probably why you have white hairs already. If I were you I would concentrate and work hard at trying to become what you want to become in life while your still reasonably young. Just sayin :)

#40 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (790 posts) -

My girl bitching about stupid shit. And the Cowboys.

#41 Edited by lamprey263 (25561 posts) -

people who pay with credit/debit cards, they slow lines down soooo much, only second to those asshats who bring like several dollars in pennies who buy scratch tickets at the store and then scratch their tickets at the counter while like a dozen people wait and then hand off the winners to the cashier to get more tickets and sometimes grab another handful of change while they're at it

also, people at green lights that sit there for like 5-10 seconds before realizing they can go and then take off really really slow

#42 Posted by Iszdope (11229 posts) -

Getting out of bed in the morning/afternoon.

#43 Posted by sukraj (23975 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

I don't like getting up in the morning.

#44 Posted by Iszdope (11229 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Iszdope said:

I don't like getting up in the morning.

Bites ay.

#45 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (6244 posts) -

Doing anything that requires much effort and concentration.

#46 Posted by mjorh (1319 posts) -

@gamerguru100 said:

Job interviews (Ditto)

Tests (Ditto)

Talking on the phone with strangers (esp. if job interview; I talk fast, stutter, and am not always logical)

When my mom yells my name really loudly (I can feel a burst of cortisol every time she does.)

When my mom bangs on my bedroom door to wake me up (It's irritating because she bangs on it so loud as if I'm a hibernating bear.)

The fact that I haven't had any fast food for over two weeks now because my mom and I are dieting.....It's working out for me at least. My goal weight is 160 and I started off at 184; I'm 166 now and very close to my goal :) I can also fit into some pants I couldn't before.

Dying in video games, especially Far Cry 3 or Fallout games (it's extremely immersion breaking and undoes some of your progress and epic moments)

When I try to snipe a guy in the head and miss in Far Cry 3; I hate missing with sniper rifles a lot for some reason in the game.

You just made my day! What's "cortisol" ?

+

Beside too many common things, Being "Punctual" is the thing that i'm really sensitive and fussy u know like getting the translation done in the supposed time or making an appointment on time and stuff....

#47 Posted by gamerguru100 (11290 posts) -

@mjorh said:

@gamerguru100 said:

Job interviews (Ditto)

Tests (Ditto)

You just made my day! What's "cortisol" ?

+

Beside too many common things, Being "Punctual" is the thing that i'm really sensitive and fussy u know like getting the translation done in the supposed time or making an appointment on time and stuff....

Cortisol is a stress hormone.

#48 Posted by bforrester420 (2055 posts) -

Finances, mostly because I'm a fiscal tight-ass and I hate spending money.

#49 Edited by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

Relationships. Women cause me to become a neurotic. Idk why.

Lag on League of Legends. You ever tried to play a MOBA with lag? Don't. You will hate it and your teammates will hate you more.

#50 Posted by Bigboi500 (31291 posts) -

The local nightly news. I hate hearing about all the shootings and animal cruelty.